Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

My Number Portability Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Number Portability Experience (821 Views)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP), What You Need To Know. / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Number Portability Experience by remmyz(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2013
i entered an Airtel Office along oba akran today to do number portability from mtn to airtel. i was told i will need a drivers license or voters card before i can port my number for verification purpose. my question now is this. what if i dnt have any of this, what is the essence of sim registration? my finger print was captured, picture, address.....and so on. isnt it possible for them to just use a finger print scanner to search for my name and verify if i am the true owner of the line. i am just tired of this country with the old fashioned and outdated way things are been done in this country.
Re: My Number Portability Experience by calddon(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2013
That's the instructions they received, any reservations that you have about the requirements should be forwarded to their oga at the top (NCC)

1 Like

Re: My Number Portability Experience by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 03, 2013
In essence,a 15yr old cant port huh? Smh
Re: My Number Portability Experience by remmyz(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2013
dozman don: In essence,a 15yr old cant port huh? Smh
yes oo.. no drivers license, No voters card, No international passport..no porting...its all bullshhit. i kip asking, whats the essence of collecting my data during sim registration ..should my sim card not serve as a form of identity since they have capture my bio metric
Re: My Number Portability Experience by frgy1: 12:06am On May 04, 2013
remmyz: i entered an Airtel Office along oba akran today to do number portability from mtn to airtel. i was told i will need a drivers license or voters card before i can port my number for verification purpose. my question now is this. what if i dnt have any of this, what is the essence of sim registration? my finger print was captured, picture, address.....and so on. isnt it possible for them to just use a finger print scanner to search for my name and verify if i am the true owner of the line. i am just tired of this country with the old fashioned and outdated way things are been done in this country.

And in what country would you not be required to have one form of ID or the other?

Even in Japan, citizens are still required to present an ID before carrying out some sensitive transactions.

You for say make dem put face recognizing camera for gate naa, so that as you dey enter, dem go don port your number before you even reach reception.

2 Likes

Re: My Number Portability Experience by asudan: 12:23am On May 04, 2013
Eyah. But Ncc said that the receiving operator can capture ur pic instead driver's license
Re: My Number Portability Experience by bedford101(m): 2:41am On May 04, 2013
PORTING NA JUST NAME MY PEOPLE, WHATS THE ESSENCE OF PORTING WHEN AN AVERAGE 9JA EVEN A 15YR OLD ALREADY HAS HIS/HER 4SIM CARD FROM VARIOUS NETWORK, OR ADDITIONAL PHONES, WELL AS FOR ME MY DUAL SIM NOKI DE HELP ME DO MY PORTING INSTANTA IN LESS THAN A SECOND.
Re: My Number Portability Experience by Guddy(m): 5:49am On May 04, 2013
I really do not see a real any reason for this porting palava. I have 4 lines of which 3 of them are fully active and my friends have all my 3 active lines. Once one is not reachable another will be reachable, except there is no mobile network at all in my location. And vice versa. So why do I need to port?
Re: My Number Portability Experience by agitator: 10:01am On May 04, 2013
bedford101 & Guddy, same with me, I have two sims each for MTN, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat networks, so why port. when my family, friends, etc have atleast one number of each network. Dual-sim phones to the rescue, all four lines active at the same time.

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Phone Does Not Support Watsapp / How To Install And Register BBM On Your 3G Less Phone Without Wi-fi / Bye Bye To Airtel Bis[smellos...]: Glo Bisis Now Working Onandroid Phones Andpc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.