Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? (63638 Views)

9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / Obateru Akinrunta:The Richest King In Nigeria.. The Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom, Hrm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2013
We can arguably say that the Richest Yoruba man is Michael Adenuga, excluding Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (You know why i am excluding him nah, or don't you?). In the same vein we can also say that the Richest Hausa Man is Aliko Dangote, excluding (Mariam Abacha and/or Gen Ibrahim Badamosi Babaginda (RTD), you also know why they are been excluded, abi?)

But then who is the Richest Ibo man in your own opinion,

Emeka Ofor's Cousin, who happens to be a friend of mine, who in fact is the reason i am starting up this thread. The Guy, Edu, believes his cousin Emeka Ofor is the richest Ibo Man on God's Green Planet. Well, if you are an Ibo man, then your guess is as good as mine, I don't agree with him!

we have Men like Chikason, Innoson, Obi Jackson, Peter Obi, Arthur Eze, Ibeto, Nnamdi Chime, Tonimas, Chisco, Ifeanyi Uba, Andy Uba, Chris Uba, Ezenwenyi Obinna etc.

I would love to know you in your honest and arguable opinion who you think it is, please also be kind enough to tell me what they do.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2013
what! 80 views and yet no comment. is that how you guys hate the ibos?

You just don't care.

Nna e
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by odumchi: 2:39am On May 05, 2013
Watching this thread...
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 2:28pm On May 05, 2013
i dey complain sey i no get replies, na hin the moderators come dey hide the few posts wey dey.

i don vex. i don take am spiritual!
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by obum042: 3:14pm On May 05, 2013
Op' u need 2 outline their investments b/cos most people dn't know what dose people deal on or their investments. U can help by listing them so that we can make our judgemment.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 4:23pm On May 05, 2013
obum042: Op' u need 2 outline their investments b/cos most people dn't know what dose people deal on or their investments. U can help by listing them so that we can make our judgemment.

Well, you know how it is with the ibos they usually have chains of businesses
Chikason - multiple investments from vegetable oil, noodles, to even motorcycle assemblage.
Innoson - Popularly known for his auto-mobile assembling plant.
Obi Jackson - Oil and Gas
Peter Obi - Learnt he owns one of the highest shares in Fidelity bank, if not the highest.
Arthur Eze - Oil and Gas
Ibeto - Cement, and Oil and Gas
Nnamdi Chime - Sullivan Chime's first Son
Tonimas Oil and Gas; Tonimas Engine Oil(from Anambra though his investments are majorly in Aba)
Chisco - Transport
Ifeanyi Uba - Capital Oil
Andy Uba - invesments in oil and gas as well as some other sectors i know nothing about
Orji Uzor Kalu - Airline in east africa, and some other businesses
Chris Uba - Friend of Government
Emeka Ofor - Friend of Government
Ezenwenyi Obinna - Massive investor in Media and publishing

PS: by Friend of Government, i mean loads of government contracts and/or favour.

I stand to be corrected in any of my findings though.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by obum042: 8:58pm On May 05, 2013
Emeka ofor might be the richest,bt his investments can not be seen unlike people like ibeto who deals on oil and gas as well as ibeto cement,andy uba's wealth might has depreciated since he left politics.innoson is still a starter thou he has made giant strides in auto-mobile assembling plant.peter obi is a politician(we all no how he got his moni)ifeanyi uba is another stronge name,known for his investment in oil and gas (capital oil),well emeka ofor and ifeanyi uba is the top two bt I will give it emeka ofor.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2013
obum042: Emeka ofor might be the richest,bt his investments can not be seen unlike people like ibeto who deals on oil and gas as well as ibeto cement,andy uba's wealth might has depreciated since he left politics.innoson is still a starter thou he has made giant strides in auto-mobile assembling plant.peter obi is a politician(we all no how he got his moni)ifeanyi uba is another stronge name,known for his investment in oil and gas (capital oil),well emeka ofor and ifeanyi uba is the top two bt I will give it emeka ofor.

well, i am also beginning to think it is Emeka Ofor.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by obum042: 10:25am On May 06, 2013
Emeka ofor might be the richest,bt the question is where is his Investments?
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by menakachichima(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
The richest igbo man is PASCHAL DOZIE.
Secret billioniarr the chairman of MTN nationwide and the owner of Diamond bank.he is from Egbu in Owerri North.He came 6th in the whole nigerian ranking after dangote 1st...adenuga 2nd...jimo ibrahim 3rd....sanusi dantata 4th..Michael ibru 5th....and Paschal dozie 6th.
Orji uzor kalu ranks 10th.. while Emeka OFOr came 42nd and Rochas 44th.
So iT implies that the riches igbo man is
PASCHAL DOZIE followed by uzor kalu.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2014
What of Chinedu Echeruo who sold his app to Apple for US$1 billion?

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
we talking about one billion dollar$ shocked or 160 billion naira.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Firmjudge(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
orji uzo kalu.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by hisxlency: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
This topic is better not discussed because there are so many hidden igbo billionaires both home and abroad, just have it in mind that the igbo land is a home of billionaires

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
menakachichima: The richest igbo man is PASCHAL DOZIE.
Secret billioniarr the chairman of MTN nationwide and the owner of Diamond bank.he is from Egbu in Owerri North.He came 6th in the whole nigerian ranking after dangote 1st...adenuga 2nd...jimo ibrahim 3rd....sanusi dantata 4th..Michael ibru 5th....and Paschal dozie 6th.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Kalvan: 1:42am On Jul 23, 2014
All Igbo know how to do is eat Human flesh and uppercut their parents.

Only!
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
menakachichima:
The richest igbo man is PASCHAL DOZIE.

I couldnt agree any less. You have a point sir.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Emmanuelbarratts: 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
The list of top 21
Richest Nigerian
billionaires has
been based on:
The value of their
shares held in quoted companies, the size and market
share of their companies, the number of companies they
own and its assumed value, the market value of their
company’s brand and the impact of their companies on
the Nigerian economy.
Despite the harsh terrain and business challenges
involved with starting a business in Nigeria; the successful
entrepreneurs listed below held their ground and fought
their way to the top.
In a country with a population of over 160 million
inhabitants and millions of businesses; these 20
entrepreneurs diligently carved their names in the sands
of time.
Check out the list below.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of Dangote Group,
Richest man in Africa and Richest black man in the world
2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank,
Globacom
3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas
4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group
5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group
6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Flee
7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone
8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank
9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria
10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group
11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank
Plc, Mutallab Group
12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group
13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox
Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.
14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group
15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT,
16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group
17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig
and other six french companies
18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas
19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer
20. Fola Adeola – GTBank
21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of
Toyota cars

So the richest igbo man is Orji Uzor Kalu (SLOK GROUP) , followed by Cosmos Maduka ( COSCHARIS GROUP)
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
Emmanuelbarratts:
The list of top 21
Richest Nigerian
billionaires has
been based on:
The value of their
shares held in quoted companies, the size and market
share of their companies, the number of companies they
own and its assumed value, the market value of their
company’s brand and the impact of their companies on
the Nigerian economy.
Despite the harsh terrain and business challenges
involved with starting a business in Nigeria; the successful
entrepreneurs listed below held their ground and fought
their way to the top.
In a country with a population of over 160 million
inhabitants and millions of businesses; these 20
entrepreneurs diligently carved their names in the sands
of time.
Check out the list below.
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote – founder of Dangote Group,
Richest man in Africa and Richest black man in the world
2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank,
Globacom
3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas
4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group
5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group
6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Flee
7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone
8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank
9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria
10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group
11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank
Plc, Mutallab Group
12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group
13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox
Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.
14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group
15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT,
16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group
17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig
and other six french companies
18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas
19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox Computer
20. Fola Adeola – GTBank
21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of
Toyota cars

So the richest igbo man is Orji Uzor Kalu (SLOK GROUP) , followed by Cosmos Maduka ( COSCHARIS GROUP)

I cannot agree any less with you. On point.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by woky: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
Emma Bishop Okonkwo
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by searchcorp(m): 2:25am On Apr 23, 2015
woky:
Emma Bishop Okonkwo

The Ikenga of Ichi. I was with him last weekend at an event in Ikoyi. He is very rich but definitely not the richest Igbo man.
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by OkuDiOver1(f): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
ME

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by ben08: 8:04am On Apr 30, 2015
K
Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by VintageCocktail(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2015
Igbos have these trend of sharing their wealth among their kinsmen, that's why you have many rich men among them but very difficult to pinpoint the richest.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 01, 2015
VintageCocktail:
Igbos have these trend of sharing their wealth among their kinsmen, that's why you have many rich men among them but very difficult to pinpoint the richest.

You have said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by chinae(m): 12:32am On May 02, 2015
VintageCocktail:

Yes! inducing from the scattered settlement of the race, better standard of living (Abv poverty line) and food secured, wealth are evenly distributed making d gap btw rich nd poor narrowed.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Phut(f): 4:32am On May 02, 2015
I say, Chinedu Echeruo. He sold his company (hopstop.com) to Apple for 1 billion USD, plus he has his hands in a lot of other ventures and it's clean money too. And it's clean money too - not stolen through politicking or owning oil concessions

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by VintageCocktail(m): 5:37am On May 02, 2015
chinae:

Yes! inducing from the scattered settlement of the race, better standard of living (Abv poverty line) and food secured, wealth are evenly distributed making d gap btw rich nd poor narrowed.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2015
Phut:
I say, Chinedu Echeruo. He sold his company (hopstop.com) to Apple for 1 billion USD, plus he has his hands in a lot of other ventures and it's clean money too. And it's clean money too - not stolen through politicking or owning oil concessions

Yes Chinedu sold the company for a billion dollars, but he mentioned he got rounds of funding, 20 million dollers was one of the finding given to him by venture capitalists. They will reclaim their money when the company is sold for a higher profit or when it goes public. Beats by dre was sold for 2 billion dollars but Dr Dre only got 600 million dollars as his stake clames. Chinedu might just have a lil fraction from it.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Igbo Man On God's Green Planet? by hedonistic: 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
I'll have to say that it is chief commander Prince engineer Arthur Eze, the Ozoigbondu 1 of Igbo land, the living Oracle of wealth and grand custodian of limitless prosperity.

I need to meet him very soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supreme Court’s Decision On Female Inheritance Divides Igbos / Ogun: The Only Yoruba Word, With 10 Meanings / Igba Nkwu Nwanyi (igbo Traditional Wedding Ceremony)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.