Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827222 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:36am On May 19, 2013
sperony: What of gratuity statement of account ? This is paid immediately after resignation from work. Can this be accepted as proof of fund? Please I need to understand.

You have to be very careful the kind of document you want to attach as proof of settlement funds. You wouldn't want to submit your application,get it accepted amongst thousands competing for the limited slots/cap and get it thrown out just for flimsy reasons.

YOUR FUNDS MUST BE UNENCUMBERED {you should check the meaning of this in the dictionary},READILY ACCESSIBLE AND READILY CONVERTIBLE!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 9:09am On May 19, 2013
I'm trying to do a fixed deposit for six months or till the application process is completed , I believe this should be okay for proof of fund.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2013
sperony: I'm trying to do a fixed deposit for six months or till the application process is completed , I believe this should be okay for proof of fund.

Fixed deposit is ok.

You will be asked to produce an up to date proof at least twice before your application is positively considered and concluded.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 9:40am On May 19, 2013
Alryt bro tanx for the help
It is important you write your IELTS
and obtain an Educational Credential
Assessment {ECA} from authorized
organizations in Canada {if your
qualification is obtained outside
Canada}.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2013
bayulll01: Alryt bro tanx for the help
It is important you write your IELTS
and obtain an Educational Credential
Assessment {ECA} from authorized
organizations in Canada {if your
qualification is obtained outside
Canada}.

You are not asking any question just passing a comment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2013
solomonwis:

You are not asking any question just passing a comment.
I mean do I need to write IELT
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:24am On May 19, 2013
bayulll01:
I mean do I need to write IELT

You have to write IELTS even if you got your qualifications in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2013
solomonwis:

You have to write IELTS even if you got your qualifications in Canada.
Haaaa okay pls solomon wise any Idea how the whole setting of the exam look like,when is the best time to enrole
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2013
bayulll01:
Haaaa okay pls solomon wise any Idea how the whole setting of the exam look like,when is the best time to enrole

There are four {4} abilities that are tested under IELTS,Listening,Reading,Writing and Speaking.
In Nigeria,the exams are written twice each month and you've got to book your place early enough. The British Council in Nigeria is the body saddled with the responsibility of registration and conducting of the exams in the country. You can register for the exams online. The cost of registration is N35,000 only.

You can choose to write the Academic IELTS or General IELTS (General IELTS is required for the FSWP).

All you need do to get a good band score is practise,practise and practise.

You need a minimum of band score 6 in each ability for the FSWP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2013
solomonwis:

There are four {4} abilities that are tested under IELTS,Listening,Reading,Writing and Speaking.
In Nigeria,the exams are written twice each month and you've got to book your place early enough. The British Council in Nigeria is the body saddled with the responsibility of registration and conducting of the exams in the country. You can register for the exams online. The cost of registration is N35,000 only.

You can choose to write the Academic IELTS or General IELTS (General IELTS is required for the FSWP).

All you need do to get a good band score is practise,practise and practise.

You need a minimum of band score 6 in each ability for the FSWP.
Thank you boss how can I get band to practice I need to start asap.more blessing
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2013
bayulll01:
Thank you boss how can I get band to practice I need to start asap.more blessing

You can buy practice kits at the British Council and there are resources on the internet you can practice with.
All you need do is make use of your google search engine
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 4:13pm On May 19, 2013
bayulll01:

I dont mean to be negative but I doubt if anyone who hasn't taken his/her IELTS exam still has a chance. Presently there is no slot available for May so anyone writing the exam may have to wait till June and results wont be out until 13days after writing the exam and here we are talking of just 300 spaces available under each occupation and applicants from all over the world. If you can make it go ahead otherwise plan for next year. Just an advise though, I may be wrong. Let me also had that courier will take another 3days to arrive Nova Scotia and that is if you use the fastest which to me is DHL. some can take as long as one week e.g FEDEX
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 4:50pm On May 19, 2013
solomongrandy:

I dont mean to be negative but I doubt if anyone who hasn't taken his/her IELTS exam still has a chance. Presently there is no slot available for May so anyone writing the exam may have to wait till June and results wont be out until 13days after writing the exam and here we are talking of just 300 spaces available under each occupation and applicants from all over the world. If you can make it go ahead otherwise plan for next year. Just an advise though, I may be wrong. Let me also had that courier will take another 3days to arrive Nova Scotia and that is if you use the fastest which to me is DHL. some can take as long as one week e.g FEDEX
Well SG the race is not to the swift. I looked at last year's analysis (from people's timeline that put in their application late) and some caps did not fill early and they were still lucky.
For me the challenge he's facing now is that he is still at sea and yet to understand the whole process.
I feel the full onslought of the applications will hit nova scotia in june/july

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 4:54pm On May 19, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Well SG the race is not to the swift. I looked at last year's analysis (from people's timeline that put in their application late) and some caps did not fill early and they were still lucky.
For me the challenge he's facing now is that he is still at sea for understanding the whole process

I agree with you but the Cap for last year isnt same for this years just 300. But nothing is impossible though. Got my offline message?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:00pm On May 19, 2013
No Sir
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 5:53pm On May 19, 2013
solomongrandy:

[b]I dont mean to be negative [/b]but I doubt if anyone who hasn't taken his/her IELTS exam still has a chance. Presently there is no slot available for May so anyone writing the exam may have to wait till June and results wont be out until 13days after writing the exam and here we are talking of just 300 spaces available under each occupation and applicants from all over the world. If you can make it go ahead otherwise plan for next year. Just an advise though, I may be wrong. Let me also had that courier will take another 3days to arrive Nova Scotia and that is if you use the fastest which to me is DHL. some can take as long as one week e.g FEDEX

But you're very negative.Please don't discourage people here,ok.You have sent your own application, leave others to take their chance.You are not an authority to make such comments, or do you work at the citizenship and immigration office of the canadian government.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:04pm On May 19, 2013
Bwave:

But you're very negative.Please don't discourage people here,ok.You have sent your own application, leave others to take their chance.You are not an authority to make such comments, or do you work at the citizenship and immigration office of the canadian government.
@Bwave have u sent in urs?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 6:12pm On May 19, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
@Bwave have u sent in urs?
No. So should I forget about it, as solomongrandy is trying to insinuate?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 6:19pm On May 19, 2013
Bwave:

Stop Barking Mr. Read my comment wella. I only read out the grey lines and advised anyone that can afford it to go ahead. Advise is not for everyone to take and some wont and yet make a head way. Imagine someone putting in all the effort financially only to meet a brick-wall. Honestly if I haven't submitted by June ending or August I would wait till next year. Its all part of good reasoning with more time to prepare instead of stressing oneself for nothing. Its capital intensive and we must be realistic. If only one person submit correct entry for each occupation across the Asian countries, the cap is met already not to talk of Africa, Europe and even America and Canada. Remember money is not easy to come by and I am not advising anyone to waste it. June may still be ok but realistically speaking July/August i cant speak well. By the way what were you waiting for till now? And please don't be abusive.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:23pm On May 19, 2013
Bwave:
No. So should I forget about it, as solomongrandy is trying to insinuate?
I was only askin for information purposes not to tell u what or what not to do.
See my post earlier 'the race is not to the swift...'
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 6:26pm On May 19, 2013
LadyGuinivere:

He should read both yours and mine. We agreed in principle that anything is possible. He has no reason making this comment after all.Someone may find my advise useful. Time will tell
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:37pm On May 19, 2013
The usual trend in most nairaland threads is that people get upset when opinions differ and start to hurl verbal slurs.
We'v been able to make it to page 5 with peace and harmony. I hope we continue. We're just here for information and to have a virtual shoulder to lean on.
One Love from the only Lady in d house grin cheesy
I stand to be corrected!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 6:40pm On May 19, 2013
LadyGuinivere: The usual trend in most nairaland threads is that people get upset when opinions differ and start to hurl verbal slurs.
We'v been able to make it to page 5 with peace and harmony. I hope we continue. We're just here for information and to have a virtual shoulder to lean on.
One Love from the only Lady in d house grin cheesy
I stand to be corrected!

One love all. Canada is ours to be discovered....lol grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 6:43pm On May 19, 2013
solomongrandy:

Stop Barking Mr. Read my comment wella. I only read out the grey lines and advised anyone that can afford it to go ahead. Advise is not for everyone to take and some wont and yet make a head way. Imagine someone putting in all the effort financially only to meet a brick-wall. Honestly if I haven't submitted by June ending or August I would wait till next year. Its all part of good reasoning with more time to prepare instead of stressing oneself for nothing. Its capital intensive and we must be realistic. If only one person submit correct entry for each occupation across the Asian countries, the cap is met already not to talk of Africa, Europe and even America and Canada. Remember money is not easy to come by and I am not advising anyone to waste it. June may still be ok but realistically speaking July/August i cant speak well. By the way what were you waiting for till now? And please don't be abusive.
Well, you should know that there is no guaranttee even for the first application that is recieved so anybody who chooses to apply is more or less taking a risk with his/her money ( gambling more or less), ok, don't stress yourself out because of the money, for your own health because it could go anyway.No hard feelings my dear brother, but what am waiting for till now is none of your business.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:57pm On May 19, 2013
solomongrandy:

He should read both yours and mine. We agreed in principle that anything is possible. He has no reason making this comment after all.Someone may find my advise useful. Time will tell

LadyGuinivere:

solomongrandy:

You all should keep the house together,remember this forum is being followed by people who are even outside the country. You must never give room for the country to be portrayed in bad light.

The truth of the matter is,nobody should be discouraged until the cap is filled and that is explicitly stated on the CIC website. Remember this is a year long program and nobody can authoritatively conclude when it is/not too late to submit until it is stated on the CIC website.

Nobody should be discouraged to apply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2013
Well, I haven't sat for the english test(no space for British council may be by june cool and my transcript is yet to be sent by my school. The point is I can't see my application reaching there until 1st week of july. I'm sceptical about it, thinking of those asian guys. Is there a way someone can know how many applications they have received at a point in time? I did checked on some sites but they are not updated. Pls house give me ur opinion on this?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2013
sperony: Well, I haven't sat for the english test(no space for British council may be by june cool and my transcript is yet to be sent by my school. The point is I can't see my application reaching there until 1st week of july. I'm sceptical about it, thinking of those asian guys. Is there a way someone can know how many applications they have received at a point in time? I did checked on some sites but they are not updated. Pls house give me ur opinion on this?

The only authentic source is this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Any other source will be equal to falsehood.

You can always check that link from time to time
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 7:49pm On May 19, 2013
sperony: Well, I haven't sat for the english test(no space for British council may be by june cool and my transcript is yet to be sent by my school. The point is I can't see my application reaching there until 1st week of july. I'm sceptical about it, thinking of those asian guys. Is there a way someone can know how many applications they have received at
a point in time? I did checked on some sites but they are not updated. Pls house give me ur opinion on this?
My dear ur guess is as good as anybody's.I saw d same sites, wheras some occupations(eg d computer science ones) have a lot of applicants, I don't think there is anyway anybody can truly know which ones have reached or almost reached their caps. And like u said, those sites are not even updated regularly
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Saintp(m): 9:06pm On May 19, 2013
It seems that this program favours married people, Can single guys actually make it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:16pm On May 19, 2013
Saintp: It seems that this program favours married people, Can single guys actually make it?

Of course singles can apply and be positively considered.

The additional points married people have is the 5 points secured with the English language test of the spouse and/or the Canadian qualifications the spouse have, outside of this there's nothing more.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 9:58pm On May 19, 2013
Hey fellas......av been silently following dis thread 4 a while now...and I think I'll have 2 chip in one or 2 to educate u guys based on my experience......

First u have 2 ask 4 God's favour 2 cover ur app......

IELTS or other language test compulsory...with a minimun overall score of nutting less than 6.0 in all categories...(Reading,writing,listening,speaking)....IELTS o

Police report not necessary 4 initial application except explicitly stated.......which I doubt it is........they will first of all accept ur app n then give u further instructions

Work experience compulsory....u need 2 support ur app with confidential letter of recommendation from ur place of work... stamped signed n sealed.....accompanied by ur supervisor or immediate superiors complementary card with a valid email address n phone number....

Photocopies of credentials must be signed and stamped by a legal personnel or notary public.

Passport photos must adhere strictly 2 stated specifications......with full names, height, eye colour clearly handwrittten behind........

Six passport photograph of each family member included in d application form...

Residential history from 18yrs old must be explicitly n clearly stated in d app form...

Academic history must be explictly stated as well.......

Travel history must be explicitly stated in d app forms as well.

Acc statement must accompany ur app.........photocopy not accepted.......acc statement must be endorsed by d issuing bank.

Original IELTS result must accompany ur app.....photocopy not accepted.

Recently introduced foreign Credentials recognition as well.......(Didn't go thru dat though)......

Will add more 2 d list as soon as I remember dem..............peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.