Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827615 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2013
almaliki: Hey fellas......av been silently following dis thread 4 a while now...and I think I'll have 2 chip in one or 2 educate u guys based on my experience......

First u have 2 ask 4 God's favour 2 cover ur app......

IELTS or other language test compulsory...with a minimun overall score of nutting less than 6.0 in all categorieris...(Reading,writing,listening,speaking)....IELTS o

Police report not necessary 4 initial application except explicitly stated.......which I doubt it is........they will first of all accept ur app n then give u further instructions

Work experience compulsory....u need 2 support ur app with confidential letter of recommendation from ur place of work... stamped signed n sealed.....accompanied by ur supervisor or immediate superiors complementary card with a valid email address n phone number....

Photocopies of credentials must be signed and stamped by a legal personel or notary public.

Passport photos must addhere strictly 2 stated sspecifications......with full names, height, eye colour clearly handwrittten behind........

Acc statement must accompany ur app.........photocopy not accepted.......acc statement must be endorsed by d issuing bank.

Original IELTS result must accompany ur app.....photocopy not accepted.

Recently introduced foreign Credentials recognition as well.......(Didn't go thru dat though)......

Will add more 2 d list as soon as I remember dem..............peace

Where did you get the facts about those highlighted parts of your message?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 10:17pm On May 19, 2013
solomonwis:

Where did you get the facts about those highlighted parts of your message?

Like I said based on my personal experience.......I had my app rejected d 1st time with sum corrections attached 2 it.....worked on d corrections made and resent it which got accepted.

I was favoured 2 have d corrections attached 2 my app cos not everybody gets such favour.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:47pm On May 19, 2013
almaliki:

Like I said based on my personal experience.......I had my app rejected d 1st time with sum corrections attached 2 it.....worked on d corrections made and resent it which got accepted.

I was favoured 2 have d corrections attached 2 my app cos not everybody gets such favour.

I seriously doubt your "experience"!

You were told based on the "correction attached" to ignore Police character certificates at the initial stage by CIC?

You were also told to get your credentials notarized by CIC?

That is contrary to what is stated on the checklist and experiences of others?

You are strongly advised to include your police character certificates when sending your initial application even though you can decide to send this much later when requested by the CIC. Note that this is compulsory and not optional.

It is absolutely unnecessary to notarize your credentials except when they have been translated from another language to English Language. You are only required to notarized the copies the credentials in their original form.

Please guide yourself with the checklist and don't get people confused by claiming "experience" here.

You should understand that this is a public forum and you will not want to deliberately misrepresent facts and give them the colouration of genuine facts based on "correction attached"
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 3:17am On May 20, 2013
That you all pls don't let us bite our self I think is just an advice,if I can meet up this year I will apply next year thanks for the advice you guys are awesome...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:24am On May 20, 2013
almaliki:

Which year was ur application?
Did u notarize ur documents on your own? or u were asked to by CIC? Cos dats not required xcept in some circumstances
How long after you sent in ur application was it returned?
When you sent it in finally, how long before u heard from them?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by almaliki: 6:25am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

You were told based on the "correction attached" to ignore Police character certificates at the initial stage by CIC?

You are strongly advised to include your police character certificates when sending your initial application even though you can decide to send this much later when requested by the CIC. Note that this is compulsory and not optional.

It is absolutely unnecessary to notarize your credentials except when they have been translated from another language to English Language. You are only required to notarized the copies the credentials in their original form.

Please guide yourself with the checklist and don't get people confused by claiming "experience" here.

You should understand that this is a public forum and you will not want to deliberately misrepresent facts and give them the colouration of genuine facts based on "correction attached"

Well like I said again....based on my personal experience with cic........I am saying what I know.....and how I sent my app...this was not 2 far .....just last yr .....since u feel I too know......will quietly stay mute n watch u guys do ur thing..........I wish u all gudluck in ur quest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:47am On May 20, 2013
almaliki:

Well like I said again....based on my personal experience with cic........I am saying what I know.....and how I sent my app...this was not 2 far .....just last yr .....since u feel I too know......will quietly stay mute n watch u guys do ur thing..........I wish u all gudluck in ur quest.
Hey! Y u de quick vex?cheesy Abeg answer my own question
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 6:51am On May 20, 2013
almaliki:

what they re asking are questions to make non experienced applicants like me to understand the details. You don't have to abandon us. It also looks like you submitted urs last year nd I think the requirements are slightly different this year. Bros don't fold ur hands and allow ur brother to waste precious time nd money. Keep sharing your experience.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:55am On May 20, 2013
almaliki:

Was your eligible occupation “music”,“DBC” or “Geology”? Because I see those are your areas of specialization.

I have attached a checklist from cic website (you can view my earlier posts),if you have anything to the contrary you can prove it by sending us documentary evidences such as the “correction attached” so others can learn from your “wealth of experience”. You can of course remove personal details.until then,the checklist on the cic website will remain valid for the purpose of FSWP.

Do not confuse us with your “experience” if you can not provide documentary evidence to invalidate what is clearly stated on the checklist and the CIC website.

I wish you the best in your music career!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 7:21am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

Was your eligible occupation “music”,“DBC” or “Geology”? Because I see those are your areas of specialization.

I have attached a checklist from cic website (you can view my earlier posts),if you have anything to the contrary you can prove it by sending us documentary evidences such as the “correction attached” so others can learn from your “wealth of experience”. You can of course remove personal details.until then,the checklist on the cic website will remain valid for the purpose of FSWP.

Do not confuse us with your “experience” if you can not provide documentary evidence to invalidate what is clearly stated on the checklist and the CIC website.

I wish you the best in your music career!
Wow bros! That was a bit harsh. Allow the man speak nau. Whether he studied outside naija and his credentials were notarised cos it was translated from a diff language
Until we hear d man out well , then can we fully know .
If we answer evbody with this tone then nobody will share their xperience on this thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:54am On May 20, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Wow bros! That was a bit harsh. Allow the man speak nau. Whether he studied outside naija and his credentials were notarised cos it was translated from a diff language
Until we hear d man out well , then can we fully know .
If we answer evbody with this tone then nobody will share their xperience on this thread.

What was “harsh” was the deliberate misrepresentation of facts which can make people lose a whole lot of money!

FSWP is no child's play! It is much more serious than wanting to contribute and at the same time to get people confused.

I have just asked him to produce his “correction attached” for everyone including myself to learn.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by teexzle: 8:02am On May 20, 2013
Weldone guys, pls wats d minimum acct bal that shd accompany ones app
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:17am On May 20, 2013
teexzle: Weldone guys, pls wats d minimum acct bal that shd accompany ones app

That depends on the number of dependants included in your application.

Aside the principal,how many people are included in your application?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

No need for notarization sir but if you wish to notarize you can do that too.

There is need to notarize all photocopies of documents sent to CIO in Nova Scotia as indicated in the application guide and the settlement funds needed by 1 family member principal applicant applying is $11,115CAD.

I applied in 2010 and my PR was approved in august 2012. I am presently in Toronto,Canada now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:04am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

There is need to notarize all photocopies of documents sent to CIO in Nova Scotia as indicated in the application guide and the settlement funds needed by 1 family member principal applicant applying is $11,115CAD.

I applied in 2010 and my PR was approved in august 2012. I am presently in Toronto,Canada now.

You are very much welcome! Your experience will in no small way help others who have the intention of moving to Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

Bro it is very necesary to get all your photocopied documents notarized please. Even if not told but its clearly stated in the application guide,notarizing all photocopied documents shows sincerity and openness indicating that your documents are genuine and has been sighted by an authorized and qualified notary public,which puts the mind of the VO at rest of any shady documents especially coming from Nigeria.

On the police cerficate. It is meant to be sent to the CIO office in Nova Scotia and even after your application has been deemed eligible,the embassy or corresponding visa office will ask you to resend another police cerficate even more than once depending on how long your application is being processed. I remember sending mine up to 3 or 4 times before i finally got my visa approved.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

You are very much welcome! Your experience will in no small way help others who have the intention of moving to Canada.

Thanks Bro...i am ready and willing to share my experience to whoever is willing to apply as i have been doing in and outside the thread. It is noteworthy to say though to all aspiring applicants that time is of major essence because of the cap !
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 9:29am On May 20, 2013
That is d spirit. Clarification at all points.
I did not notarize my stuff but I'm sure there are people that wiLl do so cos they want to be doubly sure.
Welcome pauloman , teexzle and Almaliki.
@Almaliki hope say ur vex don reduce. Oya pls talk
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:30am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

Bro it is very necesary to get all your photocopied documents notarized please. Even if not told but its clearly stated in the application guide,notarizing all photocopied documents shows sincerity and openness indicating that your documents are genuine and has been sighted by an authorized and qualified notary public,which puts the mind of the VO at rest of any shady documents especially coming from Nigeria.

On the police cerficate. It is meant to be sent to the CIO office in Nova Scotia and even after your application has been deemed eligible,the embassy or corresponding visa office will ask you to resend another police cerficate even more than once depending on how long your application is being processed. I remember sending mine up to 3 or 4 times before i finally got my visa approved.

There is NEED for notarization but not a MUST.

You can choose to notarize if you've got the money. Until you are asked to do so it is ABSOLUTELY unnecessary!

You must understand the reasoning behind Educational Credentials Assessment{ECA} is not just to know if your qualification is equivalent to a Canadian qualification but also to verify the authenticity of such documents. Hence the need for your educational institutions to send credentials directly to the assessing authorities.(I'm sure at your time,there was nothing like ECA}.

The argument therefore is whether it is a MUST or not.

Until you are told to send originals{which I doubt} or notarized copies of your credentials,it is absolutely unnecessary.
Please guide yourself with the checklist.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:30am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

You can choose to notarize if you've got the money. Until you are asked to do so it is ABSOLUTELY unnecessary!

You must understand the reasoning behind Educational Credentials Assessment{ECA} is not just to know if your qualification is equivalent to a Canadian qualification but also to verify the authenticity of such documents. Hence the need for your educational institutions to send credentials directly to the assessing authorities.(I'm sure at your time,there was nothing like ECA}.

Until you are told to send originals{which I doubt} or notarized copies of your credentials,it is absolutely unnecessary.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:31am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

Until you are told to send originals{which I doubt} or notarized copies of your credentials,it is absolutely unnecessary. Your application will not be rejected simply because your credentials were not notarized!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2013
valentino81: i av HND in accounting, l have a farm business l'm doing also. My question now is that, which of the eligible skill trade is appropriate for me 2 apply into btw financial analyst & farm supervisor, livestock services. Suggestions ar welcomed asap.

I am sorry but you can not immigrate to canada through the fswp . There is another category of visa to canada that accomodates people who are self employed like farmers and those who got skills in culturally and talent based professions like the arts; music,sports,film production,graphic artist just to mention a few. I believe you a apt to apply through this category called the self employed class. Will post the link later.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 9:42am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

Until you are told to send originals{which I doubt} or notarized copies of your credentials,it is absolutely unnecessary. Your application will not be rejected simply because your credentials were not notarized!

True ! But when applying to the embassy it is always good to play on the safe side. Besides when we talk about notarization of documents it encompasses educational documents like transcripts and degree certificates,secondary school credentials,travel documents like photocopy of your data page and your work documents like photocopy of your employment letter even though they might ask you to send originals later from the embassy. Remember the ECA only covers post secondary credentials.

I was never asked to come for an interview because i believe my packaged documents showed a great deal about my person and credentials. Even when i was sent a mail to submit my original employment letters to the embassy after submitting notarized photocopies which i eventually did not send. They let it slide ,perhaps because they have a duly notarized copy of the originals already
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

True ! But when applying to the embassy it is always good to play on the safe side. Besides when we talk about notarization of documents it encompasses educational documents like transcripts and degree certificates,secondary school credentials,travel documents like photocopy of your data page and more. Remember the ECA only covers post secondary credentials.

I like your spirit!

Let's get a fact right,simply because you notarize your documents does not give ABSOLUTE back that those documents are genuine. I know for a fact that it is only when you translate original documents from other languages to English language it is then mandatory to notarize.

Those assessing authorities have the power to authenticate the genuity or otherwise of credential submitted. They must contact the issuing educational institutions directly for authenticity. This is much more than what notarization can do. Many people have notarized “
Fake” documents and the VO will no longer be deceived by mere notarization,hence the need for educational credentials assessment.

It is left to whoever wants to notarize to do so WHEN IT COMES TO FSWP,NOTARIZATION IS NOT EQUAL TO AUTHENTICATION.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:58am On May 20, 2013
@Pauloman, long time.
Nice to see ur posts here.
My course is there- (B.Eng electronic and computer eng) but unfortunately, am recuperating frm previous failures. Am having thinking of applying for this, bt I feel time is of essense here cos 300 is too small for each category.
Another major point am considering is funds. All my money is in investments and no cash in my acnt. How long do u think I need to leave d money in my acnt b4 applying. Do u think showing them my share acnt statement and cscs statement will suffice for proof of funds?

Another questn is, since we are sending them assesment frm wes( assesment body), is it still required to send transcript again?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2013
mercylicious: @Pauloman, long time.
Nice to see ur posts here.
My course is there- (B.Eng electronic and computer eng) but unfortunately, am recuperating frm previous failures. Am having thinking of applying for this, bt I feel time is of essense here cos 300 is too small for each category.
Another major point am considering is funds. All my money is in investments and no cash in my acnt. How long do u think I need to leave d money in my acnt b4 applying. Do u think showing them my share acnt statement and cscs statement will suffice for proof of funds?

Another questn is, since we are sending them assesment frm wes( assesment body), is it still required to send transcript again?

Oh Mercylicious ! Good to hear from you ! Am i glad your profession is there? I sure am very elated about it ! Yes ! So one hurdle scaled already and sorry about your present condition.

Yes you sure can apply with the computer engineering NOC category but make sure your work duties are in tandem with that of the NOC stated work duties or which ever you choose to apply with.

This is your time Mercy ! Dont waste it and act fast !! Forget about those failed visa attempts,once your profession is on the eligible list of occupations you are almost secured of getting your PR as long as you package your documents well and follow instructions to the core. Please start gathering your documents and put your mind for next immigration fiscal year to submit because those that will make the 300 cap for this year are those that have started gathering and preparing to submit from last year. Its a pretty fierce battle now i must confess.

On your account stuff: You really dont need to send an account statement for now. You can liquidate some of your investement and fix it in a time deposit and then send them a copy of your time deposit certificate as proof of funds. If you are applying as single then 1.8million naira will do just fine. After a while you can build your account in preparation for when a one year account statement will be requested from you for the embassy to be sure that you are very well prepared for your trip to canada. This means that your visa is about to be issued. Then you present an account statement with good cash flow and a final balance above or exactly the 1.8million naira.

Yes you will need to send them a copy of your transcripts because its on the document checklist

So dont dull...step on it and move ! All the best dear !!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:43am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

Oh Mercylicious ! Good to hear from you ! Am i glad your profession is there? I sure am very elated about it ! Yes ! So one hurdle scaled already and sorry about your present condition.

Yes you sure can apply with the computer engineering NOC category but make sure your work duties are in tandem with that of the NOC stated work duties or which ever you choose to apply with.

This is your time Mercy ! Dont waste it and act fast !! Forget about those failed visa attempts,once your profession is on the eligible list of occupations you are almost secured of getting your PR as long as you package your documents well and follow instructions to the core. Please start gathering your documents and put your mind for next immigration fiscal year to submit because those that will make the 300 cap for this year are those that have started gathering and preparing to submit from last year. Its a pretty fierce battle now i must confess.

On your account stuff: You really dont need to send an account statement for now. You can liquidate some of your investement and fix it in a time deposit and then send them a copy of your time deposit certificate as proof of funds. If you are applying as single then 1.8million naira will do just fine. After a while you can build your account in preparation for when a one year account statement will be requested from you for the embassy to be sure that you are very well prepared for your trip to canada. This means that your visa is about to be issued. Then you present an account statement with good cash flow and a final balance above or exactly the 1.8million naira.

Yes you will need to send them a copy of your transcripts because its on the document checklist

So dont dull...step on it and move ! All the best dear !!

Sir,did you just say she doesn't need to send an account statement now?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 11:00am On May 20, 2013
LadyGuinivere: The waitin is killing! Any tips on what to do to pass time? Like any links I shud be readin? cheesy

Lol you only just submitted and you are complaining of waiting? My advice is for you to completely get your mind off it and see the whole exercise as an investment you have made for your future and pray it yields fruits at the end. You are quite lucky CIC is vouching it would take less than a year to process each application but to me i feel its just paper speculations and it might take a lil more than a year because of the other backlogs still in process and i feel it will take up to 2 fiscal years before they can achieve the proposed less than a year processing time. But be it as it may you can use the below link to track the cap update for each occupation on the list. Cheers !

www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 11:31am On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

Lol you only just submitted and you are complaining of waiting? My advice is for you to completely get your mind off it and see the whole exercise as an investment you have made for your future and pray it yields fruits at the end. You are quite lucky CIC is vouching it would take less than a year to process each application but to me i feel its just paper speculations and it might take a lil more than a year because of the other backlogs still in process and i feel it will take up to 2 fiscal years before they can achieve the proposed less than a year processing time. But be it as it may you can use the below link to track the cap update for each occupation on the list. Cheers !

www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Nna mehn I wish it were that easy. But I shall try.lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pauloman(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2013
solomonwis:

Sir,did you just say she doesn't need to send an account statement now?

Yes bro...she really does not have to send an account statement. On the document checklist there are 3 alternative means of showing proof of funds to the visa officer when sending to CIO in Nova Scotia.

1. Savings account statement
2. Current account statement
3. Time or fixed deposit certificate

Anything beyond these three means are not acceptable. I sent a time deposit statement of one million when i applied and a savings account statement of about 700k then. But you can send any one of the above as proof of settlement funds
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

Yes bro...she really does not have to send an account statement. On the document checklist there are 3 alternative means of showing proof of funds to the visa officer when sending to CIO in Nova Scotia.

Anything beyond these three means are not acceptable. I sent a time deposit statement of one million when i applied and a savings account statement of about 700k then. But you can send any one of the above as proof of settlement funds

I actually needed you to state it clearly just as you've done above. This is for the benefit of some people who think they can totally ignore proof of settlement funds at the initial stage of application.

Well done sir!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:07pm On May 20, 2013
pauloman:

So basically u r saying mercy should get a fixed deposit and tender the certificate (or whatever the particular bank calls it) and submit WITH her application.And that if all goes well she may need to further represent evidence of adequate funds later on.(Either savings, current or fixed deposit)
Not that she shouldn't submit any at all. Cos saying that she shdnt submit evidence of adequate funds WITH her applxn would make her documents incomplete.
Clarification

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.