Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

NYSC Cooperative: A Scam? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Cooperative: A Scam? (822 Views)

Nysc Call Up Letter Is a Scam. See Nysc Official Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Cooperative: A Scam? by bvc(m): 2:59pm On May 04, 2013
I paid 500naira into the nysc cooperative when I was passing out. We all paid, it was compulsory. My friend just told me that the funds are used to empower members later in life. Members that want to go into business ventures. He said the nysc certificate is the collateral.

Please, anybody with useful information on how to access these funds should kindly state it here. If we don't access the funds, the management will trade with them and eventually siphon them when nobody asks for them.

Thanks in anticipation, I know I can trust nairaland with this.
Re: NYSC Cooperative: A Scam? by Screwface(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2013
If you are one of the outgoing Batch B Corps' members, then I think you are a bit too late for this loan. From what I've heard so far, you need to apply three months prior to your POP date before you can stand a chance of getting it.

Yup. As a collatral, you'l need to drop your NYSC discharge certificate for the stepend, which is about 300k or thereabout. The loan is interest free (so I heard). Not quite sure though.
Re: NYSC Cooperative: A Scam? by CokerAnne(f): 9:38am On May 07, 2013
Was told it is NYSC Foundation not Cooperative. U obtain a form for just #500, wit dis u can apply for loan and d minimum amount is #400,000. Your NYSC cert is d collateral but i dnt knw how long it wil take b4 u get d money.

(1) (Reply)

2013 Batch B On The Move!!!!!! / Nysc Mobilisation List Out. / An Open Letter To Corp Members Serving In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.