Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,547 members, 7,801,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305581 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 7:23pm On May 03, 2008
@funky,
make i ask her oh, i also wonder
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 2:38pm On May 04, 2008
@ Funky,

Do you think the BHC checks for DNA to know how people are related? grin I can submit an application to the embassy in Lagos today and claim you are my cousin. grin

Anyway, do not let me go into lying techniques here. lipsrsealed

@ nkc,
Your mum should have a current account and saving accounts. Even here in UK, people have both current and savings account, in which they submit for applications for sponsorship. Although there are also exceptions to that rule. But thats another discussion for another time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 5:06pm On May 04, 2008
@pataki
I'm fully aware of how to go about that reason why i kept stressing on if he is from the same state of origin as the lady(its less complicated). There is no freaking way i am going state the 'trick' here either grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 5:13pm On May 04, 2008
BTW, is your server having problems that you are not online? undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 5:54pm On May 04, 2008
@ funkybaby

Hi, still waiting for ur reply on my last post

@ all

I am about to submit my application for student visa. I have 2 options to choose from and will want advice on which will really convince the ECO on the finanacial point of view

1. My Dads company statement of account ( board resolution inclusive to sponsor me inclusive) + proof of numerous stock investments + Dads personal account ( though he doesnt have much in it) + My statement of account (current account) - not too much in there o!  + accomodation & tuition fees reciept + Tax clearance certificate + Property Deeds(dont know if i should include pictures of properties) + Company certificate of Incorporation

2 Secondly, i work as an engineer in an engineering firm and want to show the Company acting as a sponsor and company financial documents submited with my application + letter from director stating the company's resolve to sponsor me with reasons for doing that (i will be studying an engineering course) but my Dad will be paying the fees!

Please do give me your candid opinion on which will really convince the ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 7:35pm On May 04, 2008
@ timx,

Quite a bit difficult to state which of the two cases you should pick on. In my own view, I do not take to company account being used for application, if the applicant does not have any committment to the organisation. It is a good reason for refusal by the ECOs.

Therefore, in my own view, the second case would be appropiate. Although I do not know your full case and how long you have worked with the company that will be convincing to the ECO that indeed the company wish to sponsor your Masters program. You have to be careful and pay attention to every minute detail when making the application. Student visa application can be easy if every minute detail is taken into consideration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 11:33pm On May 04, 2008
@Funkybaby
Yes you can apply for a british visa with a savings account i have done it 3trice and it did work for me.
ciao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 12:12am On May 05, 2008
@pataki

you have your friends you have your enemies, you have your agreements, you have your diasgreements but one thing we all have in common is that we all have to eat, we all have to survive. Hence the user name MAN MUST WACK!  grin  grin  grin

@funkebaby

We are not related, she's my girlfriend. She has a shop in Bayelsa and i've  bought goods for her to sell from a wholesale shop in Whitechapel and sent them to her through air cargo we have invoices to prove it and she just came from Dubai last month where she cargoed more goods for her business. So she can come with a BUSINESS VISITOR VISA

Also she can come as a FAMILY VISITOR VISA because she has a brother who is studying here, (I think he wants to graduate in June) he can invite her but since he's a student he hasn't got much money in his account and he can't accomodate her.

Which makes me think its best she uses a TOURIST VISITOR VISA because i can easily pay for a one week bed n breakfast hotel and send her the receipt. Then she can visit me, her brother, buy her goods and have a holiday all at the same time.

What do you think funkebaby? Your opinion will be sincerely appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:46am On May 05, 2008
@manmustwack

Business visit - Was the value of the goods you sent to her and what she bought at Dubai anything close to £20,000 or more? Nothing spectacular about going to Dubai to buy clothes. Dubai's visa is freaking easy to obtain so it carries little or no weight with BHC.
I am too tired to go into details now, all i can say is FORGET the business route. However,if you want to give it a shot go ahead.

Family visit visa -Her brother is in UK. Nice. He graduates in June. Wonderful. All the brother needs to do is to get a letter from his uni inviting his sister for his graduation. She does not need his bank statement. Tenancy agreement of his crib will do, covering letter from him, etc.

Tourist visa - One week reservation is too short. Two weeks reservation is safer. No room for appeal in event of a denial.

So the choice is totally yours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:57am On May 05, 2008
@dantecmu
Thanks for clarifying.

@nkc
Dantecmu has answered. You could try applying with the savings account then. However, if you can get her current account, its all good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by manmustwac(m): 1:01am On May 05, 2008
@ funkebaby

Thanks i guess i have the information i need now and i guess FAMILY VISIT VISA is the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 1:02am On May 05, 2008
@ Funkybaby and Dantecmu,

Please take into consideration that cases do differ. What works for one party does not necessarily work well for another. Dantecmu has not stated what kind of case he was in to be using a savings account 3 times. I am not negating his points, I just want to clarify whether it will be applicable for nkc's plight also.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pahtahkee: 1:03am On May 05, 2008
@ manmustwac,

Abeg if you get business for boys, man too must wack now. grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:12am On May 05, 2008
@manmustwac

You're welcome. I know you will be back to ask more questions regarding the visa moves for your girl . Na wa oh. Things men do for love. Lol grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:16am On May 05, 2008
@pataki
Noted. Thanks.
I've sent a mail to your 'new' email.

@nkc
To be on a safer side, include a current account in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:31am On May 05, 2008
@timx
Sorry for not responding to your initial question. Yes, your dad can pay with the company acting as a front. You have to be careful about this and have it planned WELL. You must carry everyone in the company along with your plans because the embassy can call the company and make enquiries. A friend did something similiar in 2005, the embassy called the firm, in summary, the lady got her student visa.

I'll give you my opinion on your second question later in the day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2008
@NKC
I don't think there is any law distincting a savings account from current account in visa application.
I have used a savings account for a client some years ago ,it was granted, funnily it was not even a commercial bank rather a savings/mortgage bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2008
Hey guys,

I TIRE OOOOHHH.

My wife was refused a visa in october last year, for reasons best known to the ECO, he said that my aunty's documents were not genuine and that we did not support with tenancy agreement.

My wife submitted almost 50 documents, even her company provided a reference/leave letter and providing her with return ticket and 500 pounds.

The invitation letter from my aunty, na me bring am myself from london. We have appealed, but the appeal came up in April, my aunty was at the tribunal with all her documents, and we had spend over 60,000 naira on this appeal ( we didnt pay any lawyer oh, cos i am a lawyer)just on fedex etc.

on the appeal hearing, my aunty said they just said my wife was not qualified to appeal the refusal cos she does not come under the family visit.

Although, i saw it when going through the immigration rules, but we decided not to withdraw the appeal. The immigration judge told my aunty that she would have upheld the appeal, because looking at our bundle my wife ought to be granted the visa, she has travelled to europe several times before.

We have all refused to give up on her application.

what do i do next time? Me i am not keen on travelling anymore, i have travelled too much in the past two years. My wife just wants to see U.K by all means oh, and i am determined to see her through.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2008
thanks guys,

see d thing is if i can use a savings account, i might as well use mine, if they will allow

graduated 2005, nysc ended 2007, presently into IT stuff(have always been_ i sell phones and stuff ,laptops etc for those who need) grin, marketing & selling( nothing like payslips and d likes ), but

i have more than enough in my account for a visit, i occasionally send money out for my stocks, so what is d safest amount i should leave as balance supposing i can use my account.

now it may seem to dem that i wanna disappear(even me go feel same) so what assures them i am just going for a visit and coming back, i need just 2weeks only. nothing more.

thank you all, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 9:09pm On May 05, 2008
@House
Well i think the house should understand that getting a Family Visit Visa takes the Grace of God and common sence just put in what you gat and make sure you prove to the ECO that your actually going for what your applyin for. Funny enough savings, current, only payslip dosent matter. Just make sure your application makes sence to you. A colleague of mine did apply for a british visa with minimum balace of 90k all documents where genuine and he was given 2yrs. And 1 last advice to those applyin for the Family visit visa its always better if you sponsor urselfs thats if ur up to age cus bringing in sponsors makes the story longer.

aLL DA BEST
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 9:14pm On May 05, 2008
nkc:

thanks guys,

see d thing is if i can use a savings account, i might as well use mine, if they will allow

graduated 2005, nysc ended 2007, presently into IT stuff(have always been_ i sell phones and stuff ,laptops etc for those who need) grin, marketing & selling( nothing like payslips and d likes ), but

i have more than enough in my account for a visit, i occasionally send money out for my stocks, so what is d safest amount i should leave as balance supposing i can use my account.

now it may seem to them that i want to disappear(even me go feel same) so what assures them i am just going for a visit and coming back, i need just 2weeks only. nothing more.

thank you all, thanks

Sumtymes its not about the money in your statement or what ever properties you think you have. once you can make the ECO see the INTEGRITY in your application then you dont have a problem. Now the question is how do i bring out the integrity in my application. COMMON SENCE wink THINK HARD
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 9:26pm On May 05, 2008
ok, gimme a hint on d hard thinking, going to pick the application tomorrow, will i be attending an interview or is d form submitting thing, some super guide lines oh, wanna do well. and since i wanna stay on my own, i will book a hotel for 2weeks must i book for a tour or is d hotel ok.
\
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:09pm On May 05, 2008
@timx

Is your dad paying full payment for your school fees? Please answer. Cos if the company is going to act as a front, they have no excuse whatsoever to pay your fees partially or in installments. 

With God on your side and good preparation, i think if you go through optionB, you stand a very good chance.

You are working with an engineering firm and the course you intend studying is still in the engineering line. Good. At least we are sure the ECO will not raise any questions on your career path and its correlation with your course of study.

Basically, you need properly written letters from the engineering company. They have to state clearly their reasons for sponsoring you. Nice adjectives should be used here although over-flattery should also be avoided.

They should also give you a letter stating you are taking a study leave from the company and you still have a job at the company in Nigeria waiting for you once you are done with your studies. They should state that they are bearing full responsibilities of your studies and also 'so so' amount of money will be provided for your upkeep throughout the duration of your studies. In other words, they are spending their money on you to acquire more engineering knowledge in england and also to equip you with the latest engineering innovations which on your return back to the company will be of immense benefit to them and also the engineering profession in Naija as a whole. This MIGHT convince the ECO that you have intentions of returning back to naija after the completion of your studies.
The details you fill in the student visa forms and how intelligently you answer the questions in the form can make or mar your application as well. No harm if you begin 'practising' how to fill the forms correctly prior to when you will submit your application.

You need company resolution as well, your company id card, payslips, your statements, the company's bank statement, the company's profile (stating engineering jobs/contracts they've carried out in naija), etc.

Etteh,Aro and partners (a popular civil engineering construction firm) did something similiar for its engineers way back and they all got their visas to UK and the engineers ALL CAME BACK to naija on completion of their M.Eng. (don't know if the firm is still that generous now grin)

Above all, don't relent in prayers. As long as you are favoured by God, who is that ECO that will pick faults in your application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 11:17pm On May 05, 2008
Alrit a litte tip on how to bring out INTEGRITY in an application well stick by the truth make sure what you feel in your form corresponds with what you submit on paper. like you said you wanna go have fun for two weeks make sure your write ups are directed towards that. When i first applied for my own uk visa i didnt submit much just the needed documents but it did cover all my activiteis from when i was born till date. My empahasis wwas that i was going to have fun although i already had some visas on my passports so dont really know if that was an added advantage but i have seen pple get uk visa on virgin passports so just fill the questions sincerelly.
My brother am wishing you all da best and i hope you do get it as for the savings account that am 100 percent sure cause thats what i use all the tyme.

ciao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 11:28pm On May 05, 2008
thanks mate, will sure do grin

london nnaa a bia wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 11:57am On May 06, 2008
The integrity of an application is not all about the volumes of documents submitted but the basic requirements should be met .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2008
lol,
i care less about d london thing, i dont want it to disturb my skin, so i provide only required papers, answer questions concisely,in d form i just collected, i saw additional information, i will try as much as possible to not have any infor to add there, make i see wetin dey go do me.lol grin

no be by force, but as always i will pray to God for favour, make i see dis london sef, grin grin grin

no be only nigeria i go see wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:04pm On May 06, 2008
nkc:

lol,
i care less about d london thing, i don't want it to disturb my skin, so i provide only required papers, answer questions concisely,in d form i just collected, i saw additional information, i will try as much as possible to not have any infor to add there, make i see wetin dey go do me.lol grin

@nkc
You are applying for a tourist visa right? Not trying to sound nasty or negative but leaving that 'additional information' space will only get you an outright refusal. You fit try am and then come back here to honestly tell us what you have on your passport - BHC' s stamp or their visa. embarassed

You have no landed property in your name in nigeria, you are through with UNI(little ties to nigeria) operate only a savings account, only source of income is selling phones, I do not even think you have a CAC registered private company-an enterprise or something (do you?) I leave your imagination to run wild on what the ECO will think. Not forgetting the fact that UK Visa is non-appearance, so you have no chance to speak orally to the ECO. Maybe Londoncool can state here what he honestly thinks of such an application. undecided undecided

Anyway,that 'additional information' as 'blank' as it looks makes a massive difference in your application. 

There is nothing as nice as a well prepared thorough application,  even if its going to take months of scheming, organising and planning .

However, since you already have the mindset that 'nothing dey go do you', i can only wish you the very best of luck in your application. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 4:25pm On May 06, 2008
@funky,
please permision given to be nasty, no wahala

additional information will be filled, was joking, will take my time to scheme well well and fill everything in accordance to law

i have landed properties in my name , as i am d only child, also i will include my cscs report

i operate 3 accounts, savings, current and dormicilary(is that d spelling grin) its all linked GTBank, but as a small boy, i rather have more money flowing on d savings, occasionally from my stocks money comes in from current and gets diverted to d savings.

my company is duly registered in d CAC and i am d CEO grin, i have paid all my tax and all(but i don't want them to know)

i love what u said about time taking to proper filling, i will sure do that , seeing as am not rushing anywhere yet.

hope am okay for now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:42pm On May 06, 2008
nkc:

@funky,
please permision given to be nasty, no wahala

additional information will be filled, was joking, will take my time to scheme well well and fill everything in accordance to law

i have landed properties in my name , as i am d only child, also i will include my cscs report

i operate 3 accounts, savings, current and dormicilary(is that d spelling grin) its all linked GTBank, but as a small boy, i rather have more money flowing on d savings, occasionally from my stocks money comes in from current and gets diverted to d savings.

my company is duly registered in d CAC and i am d CEO grin, i have paid all my tax and all(but i don't want them to know)

i love what u said about time taking to proper filling, i will sure do that , seeing as am not rushing anywhere yet.

hope am okay for now

see your big head. grin grin

why you no talk all this once sinceee angry angry. small boy my foot. tongue wink

you think say typing na small work angry

anyway, you look good to go smiley smiley.

cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nkc(m): 4:54pm On May 06, 2008
oh embarassed embarassed embarassed

thank u very very much

i know typing aint easy, i am regretably sorry for d pain u have to go through to respond cry cry cry

well i want to take my time , cos dat form na TERM PAPER for like 2 months grin grin grin

i will most definitely keep u guys posted, before i submit it

thank u very much smiley smiley smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:05am On May 07, 2008
@nkc

You're welcome. Apology accepted grin smiley

Yeah, those forms are just too detailed jare. angry The most annoying part is the finances section.

Anyway, do keep us posted !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.