Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305684 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by blackspade(m): 1:27am On Apr 09, 2009
Congratulations on your visa, it's unfortunate how some people in here felt the need to judge you the way they did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2009
Larrykyo:

Hello Nairalanders, I urgently need advice from people who knows about Uk visa application proccessings , I applied for uk visa (6 month) In this yr Feb.2009 and the result is yet to be out till today April:4:2009,good statement of account, etc, all documents is legit, If refused , granted or whatever i dont know (Nothing came out) , Please is this normal ? and should i still have some patients ? will my passport be released ? is there any hope pls? pls urgent reply needed !!!

Good bless

i think u should also try the mail,a friend of mine mail them and he was reply the next day,i do not no if the mail still work but i think u have to give them u passport detail and make the topic straight forward,because i no they ave 100s of mail daily.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2009
@ Phuket

Congrats. . . I'm happy for you, I wish I could have helped with advice then,but had no idea . . you should thank the guy that gave you the link to the Denmark page I forget his name & Funkybaby ( that girl na lifesaver )
It's silly the way bigots judged you,I only laugh when some people say others sins are greater than their because there a special zone is hell for hypocrites like that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunle93: 9:51am On Apr 13, 2009
Hi Funkybaby, Akolawole and Mr Pataki,

I wouldnt mind your advice on this, I want to apply for a UK student visa for the upcoming admission this sept and to my knowledge alot has really changed, I heard some people mentioning the changes in the visa requirement based on the Tier 4 Point based system, Pls can you pls share with me the necessary document i must have now according to the Tier 4 PBS, also the money aspect of it, pls shed some light on this as well. Any more contributions/advice would be so much appreciated.
Thanks for your kindful support so far on this forum. You guys are great!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by senetee(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2009
Hi Funkybaby, Akolawole and Mr Pataki,

I wouldnt mind your advice on this, I want to apply for a UK student visa for the upcoming admission this sept and to my knowledge alot has really changed, I heard some people mentioning the changes in the visa requirement based on the Tier 4 Point based system, Pls can you pls share with me the necessary document i must have now according to the Tier 4 PBS, also the money aspect of it, pls shed some light on this as well. Any more contributions/advice would be so much appreciated.
Thanks for your kindful support so far on this forum. You guys are great!

Hi people, this is a very important inquiry. A special appeal to our knowledgeable people in the house to shed more light on this rather hazy Tier 4 thing.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 11:41am On Apr 17, 2009
@HOUSE.

I want to apply for UK visa as a family visitor because i am going to visit my aunty. I shall be using the family application form. Will my wife be applying too as a family visitor or under the general visitor category?

thanks for anticipated response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2009
Individuals can travel to the UK for the specific purpose of visiting friends and family who live in the UK.

UK family members can sponsor the applicant by providing an invitation letter to confirm the relationship, purpose of the visit, and also the support they will be providing in terms of financial assistance and/or accommodation.

Applicants in this category must prove to the UK Immigration Authorities that they can financially maintain and accommodate themselves in the UK with or without assistance from family member(s) living in the UK but without resource to public funding or employment.

Your wife is part of your family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
@ kunle93,

All details have been clearly stated on the British Immigration Website. Is there any area you are not clear, you could kindly state it out here.

@ megastu,
Could I please have your details, I need to make an inquiry from you. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by liliana(f): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2009
@funkybaby,

I hope say i never vex u o!This one wey u no gree reply my email.I hope all is well with you. kiss grin

@house,
been some time.been very busy adjusting to life here in the UK.I am fine now and i guess you will be seeing much of me(U am not among the guru's though)Can only try my best!
Well done to everyone who has kept the forum alive!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2009
megastu:

@HOUSE.

I want to apply for UK visa as a family visitor because i am going to visit my aunty. I shall be using the family application form. Will my wife be applying too as a family visitor or under the general visitor category?

thanks for anticipated response.

I think you should apply under the general visitor category as it seems to be that you are funding the trip yourself. You should then indicate that your wife is travelling with you on your visa form and vice versa. Still you should include a letter of invitation from your aunty.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2009
Funkybaby, Akolawole and Mr Pataki,please help me!

I am traveling to London for another 1 week holiday but i want to ask can i change the address which i have been filling on my landing card,i have already traveled to UK twice this year, am not going to stay with the uncle that invited to me,i am a constant traveler to UK,i am going for a party and to buy laptops for laptops, but the visa is not business visa,i was told that the immigration can send you back for any Little thing now.pls give me advice house. cheers every body in the house and i also want to say thank to every body in this thread that keeps and help this thread moving forward.i very BIG thanks to all of you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2009
Funkybaby, Akolawole and Mr Pataki,please help me!

I am traveling to London for another 1 week holiday but i want to ask can i change the address which i have been filling on my landing card,i have already traveled to UK twice this year, am not going to stay with the uncle that invited to me,i am a constant traveler to UK,i am going for a party and to buy laptops for laptops, but the visa is not business visa,i was told that the immigration can send you back for any Little thing now.pls give me advice house. cheers every body in the house and i also want to say thank to every body in this thread that keeps and help this thread moving forward.i very BIG thanks to all of you.

You can use the same method you previously used in getting your Visa(s). Same address and same details,  It doesn't matter, if you are not going to stay with your uncle.

Simple as ABC,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by omon(m): 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2009
Guys, I need your help; is it longer neccessary to schedule an appointment online with the VFS before submitting a visa application at any of the visa centres in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
@pataki,

mibisnow@yahoo.co.uk. I also want to find out something from you.

@everyone. I will go ahead and fill the family application form. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
kadman:

@ Phuket

Congrats. . . I'm happy for you, I wish I could have helped with advice then,but had no idea . . you should thank the guy that gave you the link to the Denmark page I forget his name & Funkybaby ( that girl na lifesaver )
It's silly the way bigots judged you,I only laugh when some people say others sins are greater than their because there a special zone is hell for hypocrites like that.

You should be man enough to mention or attack the person that "judge" him and his application DIRECTLY.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2009
@Kateun
Even though Akolawole forgot me,I refuse to forget meself!I will also like to get one for my self,Jennykadry if she still exist anyway! grin grin grin!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2009
ty4real:

@Kateun
Even though Akolawole forgot me,I refuse to forget meself!I will also like to get one for my self,Jennykadry if she still exist anyway! grin grin grin!

No be so!

I wan test the "trinity" first before extending to 12 disciples of which you are a prominent member.

BTW na Enfield you dey stay? Thats na heaven o. You will be too far away from realities of london grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 11:33pm On May 03, 2009
Akolawole:

No be so!

I wan test the "trinity" first before extending to 12 disciples of which you are a prominent member.

BTW na Enfield you dey stay? Thats na heaven o. You will be too far away from realities of london grin

Realities ke!I see realities of London everyday ohhhh! grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lami4life(f): 11:47am On May 04, 2009
Hi, all. Great job!

Forgive me for being too lazy to go thru all the earlier discussions as i'm sure the answer to my question may be somewhere in there.

i intend taking a two-week vacation to the Uk.  Although working presently working, my brother would be my sponsor. I av a letter of invitation+biodata page (passport) of my host, letter/bank statements from my sponsor, letter from my employer indicating that i'm a staff, my leave letter. 

1. Since its not a self-sponsor scenario, do i need my payslip or account statement?
2. The host indicated her willingness to host me during the visit. Is this sufficient?Would there be any need to request another letter giving mortgage/accomodation information?
3. Trying to kill two birds with a stone during the visit as I'll like to be there for my friend there who is berieved and burial would be taking place during the proposed visit. since i stated vacation under purpose of visit, shld i mention this too?
4. My host would be providing for my accomodation/feeding only. does dat make a co-sponsor? If yes, would that require my getting more evidences on her financial capabilities?
5. wat proof dat i'l return can i also include? currently doing my mba program here. would dat be any help.

Would appreciate your tips
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TheOne2(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2009
Quick question please:

If one intends to submit a visa application for a baby (10 months old) accompanying going with the mum to the UK on vacation, will it be a separate application? Or does one just include the baby's passport in the mother;s package.

Also, is it OK that the baby applies for a 2 year visa (being a first-timer) simply because the mother too is applying for a two years duration visa?

I'll be glad to get answers to these questions real quick.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2009
my uncle re-applied for UK work permit entry clearance on 22nd of April, 2009 to my surprised he has not heard anything from the embassy. When he checked d status on the UKVAC Webiste this weekend it says (My visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission). It's taking more than three weeks now and his  first application which was refused based on the fact that they tried to contact the employer but he was not responding 2 their questions and they believed that the work permit was not acquired in a genuine way (which is definately genuine) was sent back in 10 working days. Though his Solicitor in uk called him that they called on 13th of may to confirm their letter. Please kindly advise me through the look of things now is he going to be issued the visa. he has been in uk for 2 on working holiday before coming back to naija to apply for the work permit entry clearance (he got the work permit itself in uk). PLEASE YOUR URGENT AND CANDID ADVICE IS NEEDED. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peter2010(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2009
Can anyone in the house let me know what is happening at british high commission nigeria concerning my brother uk visa application it's has been like a month he submitted but till now no response from them, though it's another application when the first was refused. Is the IT problem they av that is affecting it or what? Someone hinted me dat maybe it's sucessful and in queue for approval. Plz let me know what is happening.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 3sha4lyf: 10:48am On May 21, 2009
peter2010:

Can anyone in the house let me know what is happening at british high commission nigeria concerning my brother uk visa application it's has been like a month he submitted but till now no response from them, though it's another application when the first was refused. Is the IT problem they av that is affecting it or what? Someone hinted me dat maybe it's sucessful and in queue for approval. Plz let me know what is happening.

My dear, you should be happy that yours is just one month.My own application has taken 5months now, going to six months. They are still saying rubbish like they are still working on it.
I don tire sef, i wanna retrieve my passport and head for another country for hols. if i wait till end of this month, i go go collect my passport for that embassy, with or without my visa.its annoying!!! Is UK heaven?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Larrykyo(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2009
3sha4lyf:

My dear, you should be happy that yours is just one month.My own application has taken 5months now, going to six months. They are still saying rubbish like they are still working on it.
I don tire sef, i wanna retrieve my passport and head for another country for hols. if i wait till end of this month, i go go collect my passport for that embassy, with or without my visa.its annoying!!! Is UK heaven?!
Mine is over 4 months embarassed cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Aaron10: 2:49pm On May 23, 2009
Hey I have a nephew doing his NYSC in a secondary school, and planning to travel to UK during vacation. Do you think this is possible? What will he need? Your urgent response will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 8:12pm On May 24, 2009
@ Kadman,

Longest time man, how is life? Uk just swallow me, infact sometimes i wish the days are longer.
Am finished with my school anyway n just wished to say hi.

@Londoncool.
man how body hope all is well with ya? Thanks for ur help in those dys.

cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by celestine7(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2009
i need 2 travel 2 uk pls my challenge is bank statement. what shld i do?should i use my bank statement knowing that i might be refused or shld i jus help mysel(forge).pls my dear nairalanders i need ur candid advice on wot 2 do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Figurehead: 7:00pm On May 25, 2009
celestine7:

i need 2 travel 2 uk pls my challenge is bank statement. what shld i do?should i use my bank statement knowing that i might be refused or shld i jus help mysel(forge).pls my dear nairalanders i need ur candid advice on wot 2 do?
The best thing you should do is to borrow money around, make sure you have a resonable pile of cash and take a picture of the pile, or you can make photo-copies of the money one by one, and then submit any of the two as alterative to bank statement. goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by celestine7(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2009
figure head u dey craze

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.