Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Your Advice For "jjc" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Advice For "jjc" (941 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech / Your Advice For Someone Visiting Lagos For The First Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice For "jjc" by awonboiz: 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2008
If you were to spend about ten minuites with someone who have arrived in the west for the first time, what will be your advice to that JJC?

I was lucky to spend sometime; about 10-15 min. with a guy who just came from Enugu in Nigeria. He was open and a good communicator. He threw the question at me asking what advice I have for him as he plans to go to college now and get a degree. During our conversation I noted that he will be staying on his own and will first secure a job.

Here is my advice to him:

1. Find a job. Any job. Work for about a year. Do something stupid at the job and get fired. grin
2. Apply for unemployment.
3. Apply for college

The benefits:
You will get the government to pay you salary and then pay for your studies. wink You will then have enough time to school yourself and a year of American experience. This is the map to the american dream I told him.

this worked for me and it was the best advice I got from my dad's corner corner madam. grin

come up with a helpful hint please .
Re: Your Advice For "jjc" by chika98: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2008
Help me ask him
How can you give someone that kinda advice?
Re: Your Advice For "jjc" by Vicjustice: 1:45am On Apr 17, 2008
I never advice people to go for social benefit especially under unemployment. It's not an ideal except s/he wants to remain a low profile someone in the state.
Once a person has applied for, and has been under social benefit, his or her value is lost, and s/he won't have standard credibility in some certain rights, such as, the rights to invite a person from his or her country irrespective of the relationship or purpose of visit etc. There are several other things that a person who has been under social welfare benefit will not be qualified for.
Re: Your Advice For "jjc" by stkris(m): 3:47am On Apr 17, 2008
thats a ridiculous advice to give a newbie, i wonder how much that has really worked for u.
Re: Your Advice For "jjc" by darkroll(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2008
thats is a very stupid advice , it will be in the record and that will affect him in the future
Re: Your Advice For "jjc" by smile4kenn(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2008
pointless advice

(1) (Reply)

Lagos - I Wish ! / How Long Will It Takes To Process Canada Visa / Planning To Work Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.