Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,427 members, 7,781,246 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:14 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42223 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 9:59am On May 06, 2013
Over-dependence on 'chokes' a.k.a. 'runs' Too bad JAMB decided to shadow them this time.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by jmichael(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2013
Hmmm...since d advent of social ntwrks, I must say dat moral decadence and academic unseriousness have heightened. I laf wen I see a secondary school girl probably in jss3 using a blackberry! My cousin in ss2 changes ha dp almost every minute. Look, u cant eat ur cake and have it. Dese kids shld knw dat regardles of hw bad d economy has turned, nobdy wil b blamed for wateva misfortune dat bfalls dem. I am nt surprised, to say d least, of d generally poor performance dis year. Sumtime 2months ago, I was less busy so took up a lesson teacher job in a jamb lesson. I must say dat for d little time I spent on d job, I was rly baffled by d open show of unseriousness by d students. D ladies wit all sorts of colours on dia faces and lips, some wia skimpy and provoking outfits
To b continued...

6 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by efe2000: 10:00am On May 06, 2013
even before the aforementioned people still fail jamb, please lets blame it on the good for nothing educational system.
searchcorp: twitter

facebook

bbm

(i am talking from experience)
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ikaboy: 10:00am On May 06, 2013
The reasons are not far fetched. whats app, 2go, BBM, FACEBOOK and all the useless Maltina dance it all, project fame and co.[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by oddy4real(m): 10:01am On May 06, 2013
Emylexray: This thread is borne by the unending outcry and lamentations from candidates who sat for the just concluded UTME. Ceasless outcry has trailed the aftermath of the release of the 2013 UTME results by JAMB. It is no longer news that the results have been released and Going by the scores i have seen so far on Nairaland and Facebook, a large number of candidates failed woefully. Majority of the scores i've seen ranged from 100-198. This is a bad omen for the future of supposed "future leaders of tomorrow" . What could be the cause of this mass failure? Did JAMB purposely fail candidates to remedy the sale of about 1.7 million JAMB forms for 500,000 available spaces for admission? Was it the sole fault of the candidates? Can this mass failure be attributed to the dwindling educational sector? All these are questions begging for answers. What exactly do you think is rationale behind these shameful results? Over to you!
Let us blame GEJ/PDP as usual

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 10:02am On May 06, 2013
It's clear that jamb as given candidates random scores...
A friend here with me score 309 + invitation later..
I can tell you that she never read, as at now she refuses to go for the invite.

The question is, is it bcus jamb is about to get scraped that such tinz like this are place on candidates undecided

Why sell 1.7m forms wen you want just 520 undecided
Truth is Jamb as scammed it's 2013/2014 candidates #period
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by audacious: 10:02am On May 06, 2013
1. It's a reflection of where the country's education sector is at the moment.

2. Heard that the questions leaked and students went ahead to shade the answers even though they were from different question types to the one they had.

I see people blaming JAMB for irregular marking, they should blame WAEC and any other examination body as well because year on year, the failure rate in all exams keeps increasing. Face the facts people, the standard of education has gone down the drain, students don't read hard anymore, most parents don't pay attention to the type of education the child is getting (too busy trying to earn a living).

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Lilimax(f): 10:04am On May 06, 2013
outrage: [size=16pt]BBM, 2go, WHATSAPP, BADOO, TWITTER and NAIRALAND.[/size]
If you think so hit the like button
Students does not read anymore. Everbody wants to a Musician, Actors/actresses,
Dancer, Stand-up comedian, Project fame, NIgerian Idols etc. coupled with endless time they spend on-line chatting, facebooking, watching DSTV to metion but a few.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Lionpikin(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2013
Why is everybody complianing of social networking? for crying out loud, I read my life out for this jamb. I can bet on my life dat it was nt my result cos i did serious examination when i got home!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Igboboy59(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2013
i dont no too for my side here in osun thier result is very poor .can u imagine candidate scoring 40

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by stankezzy: 10:09am On May 06, 2013
Obinnau: i got 225
to put nau in your name will not guarantee admission in NAU(nnamdi azikiwe university) abi u ar dreaming?

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Lionpikin(m): 10:10am On May 06, 2013
I have been as weak as dodo since that friday.....is nw I m jst begining to get myself....
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ifyfaith: 10:10am On May 06, 2013
adefemi007:
I got 205 but is it enough to study comp science in futa?
yes, damn enough,cos u will stil hv to write post ume in d school
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Lilimax(f): 10:11am On May 06, 2013
Lionpikin: Why is everybody complianing of social networking? for crying out loud, I read my life out for this jamb. I can bet on my life dat it was nt my result cos i did serious examination when i got home!!!
You made me laugh cheesy
It is very easy to shift blame. It purely show that you did not read your book tongue
When writing jamb next, forgo this chatting stuff and other social networking while preparing.
Concentrate on reading your books alone. You will surely pass. wink
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2013
Breaking news: another outrageous result seen by me...
Aggregates = 45 <-- shocked what's that doing in a result?
According to the person he said 'he read like it's the only thing that matters most'

Well I thank God for him, his parents sending him someplace smiley
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by moscobabs(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2013
Emylexray: This thread is borne by the unending outcry and lamentations from candidates who sat for the just concluded UTME. Ceasless outcry has trailed the aftermath of the release of the 2013 UTME results by JAMB. It is no longer news that the results have been released and Going by the scores i have seen so far on Nairaland and Facebook, a large number of candidates failed woefully. Majority of the scores i've seen ranged from 100-198. This is a bad omen for the future of supposed "future leaders of tomorrow" . What could be the cause of this mass failure? Did JAMB purposely fail candidates to remedy the sale of about 1.7 million JAMB forms for 500,000 available spaces for admission? Was it the sole fault of the candidates? Can this mass failure be attributed to the dwindling educational sector? All these are questions begging for answers. What exactly do you think is rationale behind these shameful results? Over to you!
Beliv me or not Social Networks is responsible for Mass Failure ...simple
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by BrightDeGea(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2013
Let me say my mind, i have read all the comments, i agree with what some of you said about the social networking sites but i don't think thats the root of the problem, don't ask cos am not FG, brilliant students don't pass jamb, i don't know why, i have friends that are so brilliant than i but they barely score 200 most of them have droped to learn trade and other business, unfortunate things happens i know but in Nigeria haha things don't just happen, they are being fixed and planned befor you even bought ur jamb form.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by brownpollo(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2013
i got 229 i want to study medicine
in OAU
any hope!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex097: 10:14am On May 06, 2013
brownpollo: i got 229 i want to study medicine
in OAU
any hope!
yes there's hope ..just score 300+ in your post ume
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by FRANCISEKE1(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2013
is very simple.you can't be active on all the social network and expect to pass ya exams with reasonale grade.our little one engage in fB,2go,twitter,lagbook,mobofree,smiggle etc.moral decay is 100% with this generation of socail network addicts.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olapluto(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2013
Obviously the teaching standard is dropping, the students arent putting enough efforts in. Lets be honest with ourselves, the number of intelligent students in Nigeria is dropping. This is evident even here on Nairaland. Strange that less than 20 people in the whole of Nigeria got over 300. That's a shame. I think I got 257 and wanted medicine in Ife. My parents said I had to sit at home to prepare well till I got better marks enough to merit a place. I guess most students are being offered options which cut corners on excellence. This should not be the case.
All of you who have failed this year should be made to practice for another year, reapply for JAMB, and take the exam again. If you fail, keep trying.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by pmc01(m): 10:16am On May 06, 2013
adefemi007:
I got 205 but is it enough to study comp science in futa?
Not if you chose FUTA as a second choice.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by stankezzy: 10:17am On May 06, 2013
biz2get: It's clear that jamb as given candidates random scores...
A friend here with me score 309 + invitation later..
I can tell you that she never read, as at now she refuses to go for the invite.

The question is, is it bcus jamb is about to get scraped that such tinz like this are place on candidates undecided

Why sell 1.7m forms wen you want just 520 undecided
Truth is Jamb as scammed it's 2013/2014 candidates #period
you are not wise,u should know that it was icpc/anti-malpractice ,are inviting her for interogstion.do u think she does not know.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by teeowo: 10:18am On May 06, 2013
No biometric verification
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by stankezzy: 10:19am On May 06, 2013
biz2get: Breaking news: another outrageous result seen by me...
Aggregates = 45 <-- shocked what's that doing in a result?
According to the person he said 'he read like it's the only thing that matters most'

Well I thank God for him, his parents sending him someplace smiley
they are following him from village.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by druid06(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2013
Most teenagers/youths spend their average time listening to rap music, engaging in all sort of anti-social behaviours like drug/alcohol abuse and spend the rest of their time on the internet while ignoring their studies and you expect them to excel in their exams..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:20am On May 06, 2013
CrazyMan: An exam where over 90% of its candidates depend on malpractice to excel, what else would you expect when things go bad?

What difference will it make if about 90% passed the exam and post-ume only for the minister of education to tell them that just 500,000 candidates can be admitted due to inadquate space in the university system ?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Kingslaw(m): 10:20am On May 06, 2013
I could still remember what that minister of education(turai) said last month"that 1.million or so" of those that wrote jamb 2013 won't be admited! So this was what she mean't? Ok.her generation will payback even ojerinde.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Haybayray: 10:21am On May 06, 2013
Well well well... The blame should be adequately apportioned to both sides i.e UTME and the candidates. A few candidates studied hard, I can vouch for my best friend - he swotted like crazy but made just 195, a guru o! UTME apparently dished out random scores... How sad! I pray the CBT should be a lot more favourable as I'll be writing it. And don't blame Social networks please...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by stankezzy: 10:21am On May 06, 2013
Lionpikin: I have been as weak as dodo since that friday.....is nw I m jst begining to get myself....
go nd drink kunu.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olapluto(m): 10:21am On May 06, 2013
For those saying they 'read like hell'. I challenge you to come out and say how many hours a day you read, how many past papers you thrashed. How many times you read Ababio and Okeke front to back. I think the equation is very simple. If you do not read, you cannot pass JAMB.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Ejine(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2013
My nephew scored 202 and is going for UniZik. I guess it was a narrow escape for him but not yet uhuru as another hurdle awaits the chap in the form of Post-UTME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom / Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.