Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority (1504 Views)

The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness / Wedding Reception Order Of Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2008
hello guys,

marriage, ur career and the kids which of this three do u think needs the highest priority, going by the hussles in marriages, couple with the economic situation.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by Dreloaded(f): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2008
Career
Marriage
Children

Unless you believe in starving to death due to not having a career then adding kids to that mess.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2008
let me make it more complicated, its easy to arrange it that way if every things seems going fine

In the scenario of a couple, with kids , the wive is doing prety well than the husband, and there is problem in the house that can lead to seperation

the husband says its either the wive stick to his job or manage whatever he made, which might not be sufficient for the family.

in that situation, which come first

pls picture urself in that situation and if it were to be u , do u put ur kid first and stay in the marriage?

r do you put your kids welfare first and check out of the marriage by staying with ur career, or do you forgo career and settle with the husband income for a better tomorrow
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by Dreloaded(f): 12:10am On Apr 17, 2008
I cant picture myself in such cos I dont intend of beoing with an immature slowpoke. Why would someone tell someone to leave a job if they are barely making enough for him and his wife talkless of children. Typical Nigerians I suppose

No sane person would wanna be part of a single income household in the year 2008.

Btw I dont understand your last question, are you implying that a person aka "woman" that works isnt considering the "welfare" of her children?
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2008
D-reloaded:

I can't picture myself in such because I don't intend of beoing with an immature slowpoke. Why would someone tell someone to leave a job if they are barely making enough for him and his wife talkless of children. Typical Nigerians I suppose

No sane person would want to be part of a single income household in the year 2008.

Btw I don't understand your last question, are you implying that a person aka "woman" that works isnt considering the "welfare" of her children?

thanks for your response, i quite angry with you, its definitely Nigeria mentality.

My last question is this, if in a situation like that, as a woman considering the welfare of your kids, is it better for the woman to stick to her welfare so as to be able to take care of the kids, or forgo are job so as to stay with the husband income, hoping for a change tomorrow for the sake of preventing the kids growing in a broken home
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by Cadet(f): 12:59am On Apr 18, 2008
Career
Marriage
Children

Thing is, why am finishing my career, I'll have kids along the way! Long years in school, will be all worth it in the end sha
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by bawomolo(m): 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2008
Thing is, why am finishing my career, I'll have kids along the way! Long years in school, will be all worth it in the end sha

chia, long years in school. u still haven't finished primary 6 after all these years grin
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by RichyBlacK(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2008
Chronologically: 1. Career; 2. Marriage; 3. Children

In terms of effort, attention, focus, energy:
1. Marriage (your spouse comes before any other bullsh*t)
2. Children (your children will be negatively impacted if your marriage fails)
3. Career (important for financial stability but not necessary; people with no careers have been known to be financially stable; and people with solid careers have been known to become financially bankrupt!)
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by Cadet(f): 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2008
bawomolo:

chia, long years in school. u still haven't finished primary 6 after all these years grin
Thought you were playing hard to get angry

You're still stalking me na?

Wait till I sharpen my knife, trust me, I'll come and look for you! angry

and POST YOUR OWN (Mr. Children, career marriage)
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by yinkuso08: 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Chronologically: 1. Career; 2. Marriage; 3. Children

In terms of effort, attention, focus, energy:
1. Marriage (your spouse comes before any other bullsh*t)
2. Children (your children will be negatively impacted if your marriage fails)
3. Career (important for financial stability but not necessary; people with no careers have been known to be financially stable; and people with solid careers have been known to become financially bankrupt!)

I agree.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2008
yinkuso08:

I agree.

thanks.

Hope others can share there views, this has throw more light to what am trying to portray.

My use of english did not clear issues well

I too don become Obama be dat oh,
( wrong use of words)
grin grin
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by ChiefS(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2008
Under Ideal condition for the woman:

Career
Marriage
Children

However everyone hardly finds himself in an ideal condition.And everyone's case is different.There are people that got married late and desperate to have kids in time.If the career will affect it in anyway they may decide to reverse the order.Also in severe cases where there is no one to take care of the kids and its necessary for the woman to leave her career for sometime and raise the kids then the future of the kids should be given piority.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2008
ChiefS:

Under Ideal condition for the woman:

Career
Marriage
Children

However everyone hardly finds himself in an ideal condition.And everyone's case is different.There are people that got married late and desperate to have kids in time.If the career will affect it in anyway they may decide to reverse the order.Also in severe cases where there is no one to take care of the kids and its necessary for the woman to leave her career for sometime and raise the kids then the future of the kids should be given piority.

Thanks. u really answered my question and iquite appreciate that word, for sometime and not a permanent stuff.
Well, i happen to leave my career to stay with my kids , though not voluntarily but the situation warrant it.

My husband income isnt that much to take care of us, but we are doing fine sha oh, i was having guilt within me, that leaving my job to stay at home, is it a good decision or a bad one,
thanks to your statement of leaving ones career for a while to take care of the kids , to a certain level then resuming back.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by minniepoe(f): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2008
@poster,

i am going to be sincere with my posting. under ideal situation, the home of a woman should matter to her more than her career does. the bible makes it known that a woman is the home maker. in a situation where the home suffers and the career blossoms is not a balanced situation.
the marriage should came first for not only the woman but also for the man. then comes the children. and then the career.
considering the scenario your have described, a man in his right senses that makes less than what can take care of his family will never ask his wife to resign from her job and take care of the children but will only do that out of selfishness. a man that is loving and caring and not selfish will only ask his wife to create more time for him and the kids and both work things out.
i have seen situations over here in Europe where the wife had to quit her career in order to take care of her three kids because they were always with the minder. the couple always left home half six in the morning and usually home between 8 and half 8 every week day. the kids only saw their parents weekends because they were usually asleep when picked up from the minder.
quitting her job didnt mean she had to stop working altogether, she only got a less demanding job, though not within the same field, less pay, more convenient time for her to take care of the kids and also saved them a lot of the child minding cost.
in cases like this, the woman should be ready to sacrifice her career for the welfare of her kids. i wouldnt think twice to take this decision as well.
for me in order of priority
marriage
children
career
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 6:32am On Apr 24, 2008
algood:

Thanks. u really answered my question and iquite appreciate that word, for sometime and not a permanent stuff.
Well, i happen to leave my career to stay with my kids , though not voluntarily but the situation warrant it.

My husband income isnt that much to take care of us, but we are doing fine sha oh, i was having guilt within me, that leaving my job to stay at home, is it a good decision or a bad one,
thanks to your statement of leaving ones career for a while to take care of the kids , to a certain level then resuming back.

Thank you so much.

i was thinking along the line of getting a less demanding job or profession to go into.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by algood(f): 6:34am On Apr 24, 2008
minniepoe:

@poster,

i am going to be sincere with my posting. under ideal situation, the home of a woman should matter to her more than her career does. the bible makes it known that a woman is the home maker. in a situation where the home suffers and the career blossoms is not a balanced situation.
the marriage should came first for not only the woman but also for the man. then comes the children. and then the career.
considering the scenario your have described, a man in his right senses that makes less than what can take care of his family will never ask his wife to resign from her job and take care of the children but will only do that out of selfishness. a man that is loving and caring and not selfish will only ask his wife to create more time for him and the kids and both work things out.
i have seen situations over here in Europe where the wife had to quit her career in order to take care of her three kids because they were always with the minder. the couple always left home half six in the morning and usually home between 8 and half 8 every week day. the kids only saw their parents weekends because they were usually asleep when picked up from the minder.
quitting her job didnt mean she had to stop working altogether, she only got a less demanding job, though not within the same field, less pay, more convenient time for her to take care of the kids and also saved them a lot of the child minding cost.
in cases like this, the woman should be ready to sacrifice her career for the welfare of her kids. i wouldnt think twice to take this decision as well.
for me in order of priority
marriage
children
career

Thank you so much.

i am already thinking along that line, of getting a lesser demanding profession.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by almondjoy(f): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2008
1. Career. . . 2. Children. . . 3. Marriage!

With a sound career. . . . I can take care of ma children even without marriage! kiss

Marriage is the least important to me. cool
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by Ebonyj(f): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2008
Personally,
Marriage
Children
Career.

Thank God I have all 3 and God has thought me how to joggle them wisely.If you want peace you will take care of your partner and put him above all (Except for GOD of Course-he is Numero Uno).

Even if you have spent your entire life building a career and then a situation occurs where your hubby/child is sick and the choice is either you be with your husband/child or loose your job.

I am being honest here o , I would rather loose that job because I believe God will provide something better. I mean for me o my husband first , then children , then career then the rest of my family and then friends.
Re: Marriage, Children And Career Can It Be Arrange In The Order Of There Priority by bawomolo(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2008
Cadet:

Thought you were playing hard to get angry

You're still stalking me na?

Wait till I sharpen my knife, trust me, I'll come and look for you! angry

and POST YOUR OWN (Mr. Children, career marriage)

sharrap all talk and no action grin

personally i would go with career first, then children or marriage. doesn't matter whether children or marriage come first. as long as it is with one woman. i no be baby daddy o shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Companionship Vs Procreation: Which Is A Stronger Reason For Marriage. / Please Help! My Siters And My Wife / Faulty Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.