Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? (19346 Views)

Aba: A City In Ruins / Historian help!Which city was the first capital of Nigeria?Calabar,zungeru,lagos / Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Touchforfree(m): 4:01am On May 06, 2013
As for me, there is no Northern State (including F C T) that I've not been to; Likewise all the South-Western States. I've not been opportuned to go beyond Asaba (meaning I've not been to SE & SS) but I heard and read a lot about these 2 geo zones; marrying all my experiences together as the most cosmopolitan (most acceptable in terms of livelihood) city, I'll go for LAGOS LAGOS LAGOS.................................
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by BarryX(m): 4:23am On May 06, 2013
eko ilee:

There are more people in lagos from all over Nigeria than the entire population of abuja many times over....

Are you ready to categorically assert with facts that lagos is not the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria or that Abuja is the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria??

I'm even daring you to so give it a shot if you can...

Baba! A Fact is the Truth or the actual existence of something, as opposed to supposition of something; Reality; Let us not get sentimental about this , Lagos is cosmopolitan no doubt but from the prevailing definition and analysis so far reeled out. Abuja walloped Lagos maybe by a hat-trick or something. Abuja it is then and let us not forget to post this link whenever there's a project or an intellectual argument about Nigerian Most Cosmopolitan city because Nairalanders have done more justice to the topic than most Foreign journal or website could ever do .
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by BarryX(m): 4:33am On May 06, 2013
Touchforfree: As for me, there is no Northern State (including F C T) that I've not been to; Likewise all the South-Western States. I've not been opportuned to go beyond Asaba (meaning I've not been to SE & SS) but I heard and read a lot about these 2 geo zones; marrying all my experiences together as the most cosmopolitan (most acceptable in terms of livelihood) city, I'll go for LAGOS LAGOS LAGOS.................................
Announcement! Announcement!! Bros you F'up big time BTW Asaba is Geo-politically South-south so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you have been to the SS. Please for the sake of being Nigerian : Landlord travel and see THINGS for yourself sometimes, it will not only help your patriotic spirit but also your judgement.grin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by ekoilee: 5:23am On May 06, 2013
BarryX: Baba! A Fact is the Truth or the actual existence of something, as opposed to supposition of something; Reality; Let us not get sentimental about this , Lagos is cosmopolitan no doubt but from the prevailing definition and analysis so far reeled out. Abuja walloped Lagos maybe by a hat-trick or something. Abuja it is then and let us not forget to post this link whenever there's a project or an intellectual argument about Nigerian Most Cosmopolitan city because Nairalanders have done more justice to the topic than most Foreign journal or website could ever do .

1. Fact is what I've produced as independent qualifications of Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria, supposition and baseless sentiments is what you and others are peddling...

2. Also, the world encyclopedia and the Abuja food website qualifying Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria are not my sentiments or something that I made up, you on the other hand have nothing but ordinary opinion without any qualifying references to back up your utterances.

3. Your prevailing analysis is nothing but NL mombojombo analysis and I'll go with documented facts and global reference like the world encyclopedia a million times before paying you NL bootlegged analysts any attention..

On top of the 2 independent references I provided, here is another one....

[b]Lagos provides a classical case for studying migrants and the consequences of internal migration. It is the most cosmopolitan city in West Africa with an estimated population of over 10 million persons inhabiting the metropolis alone (not the whole of Lagos State). Lagos is a melting pot and mini-Nigeria.

http://pripode.cicred.org/spip.php?article77&lang=en

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 6:25am On May 06, 2013
Erm Lagos, Abuja and PH. That's all. #:-)
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by iamswizz(m): 9:02am On May 06, 2013
Amaaskia: Erm Lagos, Abuja and PH. That's all. #:-)
ph?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by igbokwesampson(m): 9:22am On May 06, 2013
I hav stayed in Abuja,lived in Lagos, n stayed in Enugu and to almost all the cities mention above, but I think in terms of cosmopolitan nature of cities, non can be compared with PH, this are my reasons, Lagos granted is a cosmopoltan city occupied predominantly by Yorubas and as such its common to hear inhabitant even address visitors in Yoruba with the assumption that they hear eg. agbero ppl, little wonder many non yorubas ends up speaking yoruba fluently. ABUJA. is also predominantly occupied by northermers who speaks notn but Hausa lng, ofcourse we all knw how difficult it is for an average Hausa person to speak language other than their Hausa even wen they are off North entirely. But for PH,Rivers as a whole donot hav a particular language, I tink this is common in the south south cos , Delta, EDO, also hav the same issue, even the core indigene of PH donot speak their Native lang to each other and that made vistors feel ahome away from home n ofcourse we knw. That PH like Lagos n Abuja are filled with visitors. I rest my case
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Evestar200(f): 10:41am On May 06, 2013
Warri,,cuz pidgin english is d main language dere,,no urhobo,,isoko,,ijaw or itsekiri language there
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by londoner: 11:51am On May 06, 2013
Definately Abuja....nobody will claim that the city does not belong to all, like you often hear lagosians say.

Lagosioans, when it comes down to it....run to tribal divisions to make other tribes feel unwelcome and remiond them they are not from there, even if they were born there.

People of Abuja do not do such. Every person in Abuja apart from the indigenes, is in full knowledge that ALL are settlers there.

I feel AT HOME in Abuja and take it as my city. I feel like a Nigerian there.

Nobody will try and take that right from me, simply because I am Igbo by heritage. My right to do so is enshrined in the very idea, and physical location of ABJ.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Pain(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2013
Going by the following definitions of "Cosmopolitan"
1. Pertinent or common to all cultures
2. Having constituent elements from all all cultures or from many different parts of the world
3. So sophisticated as to be at home to all cultures or conversant with many spheres of interest

Below is MY Ranking
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port-Harcourt
4. Ibadan
5. Enugu
6. Kaduna
7. Benin
8. Calabar
9. Jos
10.Kano

Note the element of security was not accorded considerable weight in this ranking!
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by babapupa: 3:40pm On May 06, 2013
BarryX: Baba! A Fact is the Truth or the actual existence of something, as opposed to supposition of something; Reality; Let us not get sentimental about this , Lagos is cosmopolitan no doubt but from the prevailing definition and analysis so far reeled out. Abuja walloped Lagos maybe by a hat-trick or something. Abuja it is then and let us not forget to post this link whenever there's a project or an intellectual argument about Nigerian Most Cosmopolitan city because Nairalanders have done more justice to the topic than most Foreign journal or website could ever do .

1. Fact is what I've produced as independent qualifications of Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria, supposition and baseless sentiments is what you and others are peddling...

2. Also, the world encyclopedia and the Abuja food website qualifying Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria are not my sentiments or something that I made up, you on the other hand have nothing but ordinary opinion without any qualifying references to back up your utterances.

3. Your prevailing analysis is nothing but NL mombojombo analysis and I'll go with documented facts and global reference like the world encyclopedia a million times before paying you NL bootlegged analysts any attention..

Lagos provides a classical case for studying migrants and the consequences of internal migration. It is the most cosmopolitan city in West Africa with an estimated population of over 10 million persons inhabiting the metropolis alone (not the whole of Lagos State). Lagos is a melting pot and mini-Nigeria.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by seunfly: 3:45pm On May 06, 2013
londoner: Definately Abuja....nobody will claim that the city does not belong to all, like you often hear lagosians say.

Lagosioans, when it comes down to it....run to tribal divisions to make other tribes feel unwelcome and remiond them they are not from there, even if they were born there.

People of Abuja do not do such. Every person in Abuja apart from the indigenes, is in full knowledge that ALL are settlers there.

I feel AT HOME in Abuja and take it as my city. I feel like a Nigerian there.

Nobody will try and take that right from me, simply because I am Igbo by heritage. My right to do so is enshrined in the very idea, and physical location of ABJ.

I guess u are veiwing lagos 4rm Nairaland point of veiw, i bet u have not been there cos u if have been there u will know that no one will make u feel unwellcome except if u want to be sentimental about ur judgment.
However all this noice u hear about Lagos being Yoruba on Nairaland is anoying fight of cat and dog between igbo and yoruba. It is just claim and counter claim of both igbo and Yoruba over ownership of Lagos.
I don't think this is beyond nairaland.
My advice 4 u is that, u should'nt judge Nigeria through nairaland, cos it will miss lead u and peaple here don't present a perfect picture of who we are.
Most of the top posters and contributors are paid agent of one group or the other(political parties, ethnic and tribal organisation, enemies of Nigeria etc) to make propagander for them to achieve their aims.
Last time i was watching SABC and i saw some guys(Nigerians) telling lies about Nigeria, then i wonder i much their organisation is paying them and what will SouthAfrican SABC gain from that.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 06, 2013
babapupa:

It is

It is intellectually apppalling to expect scholars to rely on the authority of an Abuja food website. Also your reliance on the authority of the world Encyclopedia is debatable as you have failed to provide the edition referred to.

What should determine the basis of any comparative analysis regarding the qualification of the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria is the all embracing uniqueness of the ambience. As at today, an Igbo, Efik or TiV man born in Lagos and very fluent in Yoruba is not considered a Lagosian. In London or Paris, your surname does not determine your right to attain some societal strata as long as you are a permanent resident, speak the lingua Franca and possess the necessary qualification. How many Igbos do you have in the Lagos state civil service?

What you have failed to accept is the fact that, like other cities, Lagos is provincial by nature of its present legal status as a state capital. Abuja is more cosmopolitan or better still designed to be because of its Federal Status.

It is , therefore, an expectation of the law, that Abuja must be cosmopolitan , whereas, Lagos is by law a provincial capital. No city in Nigeria can ever be Cosmopolitan like Abuja as non of them are legally bound to be. That is why, it does not matter, how long an Igbo man lives in Lagos, he's classified as a non-indigene

My analogy is not to hold brief for Abuja or non-Lagosians, but to correct the wrong impression held and promoted by mis-informed foreign journals and your likes who rely on a food website in a matter that requires a broad-based knowledge
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 06, 2013
[quote author=DaLover]Abuja take it without a doubt,
It's a totally free place, meaning you don't feel it's owned by any ethnic group..
Funny enof d reverse of ur list is d case. Abuja is full of hausas if u dnt knw. Im 4rm d north i can tel u beta. Infact chek out zuba and c if u wil find an igbo trader on d street(highway) easily. My dear dnt b carid away by d beauty of abuja and its serene environz. Lagos is d most cosmopolitan, den funy enof d likes of jos and ph b4 u call abj.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 06, 2013
[quote author=DaLover]Abuja take it without a doubt,
It's a totally free place, meaning you don't feel it's owned by any ethnic group..
Funny enof d reverse of ur list is d case. Abuja is full of hausas if u dnt knw. Im 4rm d north i can tel u beta. Infact chek out zuba and c if u wil find an igbo trader on d street(highway) easily. My dear dnt b caried away by d beauty of abuja and its serene environs . Lagos is d most cosmopolitan, den funy enof d likes of jos and ph b4 u call abj.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 06, 2013
U guys shuld stop calin abj d most cosmopolitan or even 2nd most cosmopolitan.
1. Lagos
2. Jos
3. Ph
4. Abuja
i knw sum pple may want 2 talk about JOS. Jos has enof southernerz. If u were there u wil knw beta. 4get all d nonsens u hear about d place. Hausas are nt as much as pple tink in jos funy enof. Its nt an hausa environz. A northerner like me knws beta
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 06, 2013
sbaks: U guys shuld stop calin abj d most cosmopolitan or even 2nd most cosmopolitan.
1. Lagos
2. Jos
3. Ph
4. Abuja
i knw sum pple may want 2 talk about JOS. Jos has enof southernerz. If u were there u wil knw beta. 4get all d nonsens u hear about d place. Hausas are nt as much as pple tink in jos funy enof. Its nt an hausa state. A northerner like me knws beta

Being a northerner does not make you an authority on the constitution of any northern city. By the way, you must have a clear understanding of the word " Cosmopolitan" before you can appraise the issue objectively. To ease your understanding, Paris is one of the world most cosmopolitan city , yet the major inhabitants of the city are French and the lingua franca is french. The taxi man at Charles De Gaulle would only speak French. How then does the preponderance of Hausas in Abuja determines the cosmopolitan status of the city in view of my allusion to Paris.

Please write clear English. I have great difficulty understanding slangs. Thanks
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by ekoilee: 10:26pm On May 06, 2013
percipi1:

It is intellectually apppalling to expect scholars to rely on the authority of an Abuja food website. Also your reliance on the authority of the world Encyclopedia is debatable as you have failed to provide the edition referred to.

What should determine the basis of any comparative analysis regarding the qualification of the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria is the all embracing uniqueness of the ambience. As at today, an Igbo, Efik or TiV man born in Lagos and very fluent in Yoruba is not considered a Lagosian. In London or Paris, your surname does not determine your right to attain some societal strata as long as you are a permanent resident, speak the lingua Franca and possess the necessary qualification. How many Igbos do you have in the Lagos state civil service?

What you have failed to accept is the fact that, like other cities, Lagos is provincial by nature of its present legal status as a state capital. Abuja is more cosmopolitan or better still designed to be because of its Federal Status.

It is , therefore, an expectation of the law, that Abuja must be cosmopolitan , whereas, Lagos is by law a provincial capital. No city in Nigeria can ever be Cosmopolitan like Abuja as non of them are legally bound to be. That is why, it does not matter, how long an Igbo man lives in Lagos, he's classified as a non-indigene

My analogy is not to hold brief for Abuja or non-Lagosians, but to correct the wrong impression held and promoted by mis-informed foreign journals and your likes who rely on a food website in a matter that requires a broad-based knowledge

Lagos not only reflects the status of the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria and west Africa, it's broadly documented locally and internationally as one. World encyclopedia is a source of global knowledge so denying it's content shows how low and ignorant many of you are.

Also, what is intellectually appalling is you substituting known and documented facts with your own disjointed and bogus ignorant opinion.

The world encyclopedia and Abuja Food didn't just do abracadabra and magically pronounced Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria and for every ignorant post I get, I'll post another link declaring Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria while with all your ignorant assertions, you and other deniers are yet to show any publication or reference declaring Abuja as one...

Here is another reference...

Lagos City aka Centre of Excellence is Nigeria's economic/financial, entertainment and technology capital, it is also Nigeria's most cosmopolitan city and about Africa's most populated with about 18 million people by a 2008 UNDP figure. It is a city filled with enterprising and very intelligent people and businesses, it is one of the most exciting and unforgettable places to visit in Africa

http://www.waelearning.org/lagos.html

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 06, 2013
[quote author=percipi1]

Being a northerner does not make you an authority on the constitution of any northern city. By the way, you must have a clear understanding of the word " Cosmopolitan" before you can appraise the issue objectively. To ease your understanding, Paris is one of the world most cosmopolitan city , yet the major inhabitants of the city are French and the lingua franca is french. The taxi man at Charles De Gaulle would only speak French. How then does the preponderance of Hausas in Abuja determines the cosmopolitan status of the city in view of my allusion to Paris.

Please write clear English. I have great difficulty understanding slangs. Thanks.

@percipi1
Hmmhmm prof. Anyway ur point is unnecesarily ambiguous and a show off of little knowledge. Ofcourse who doesnt knw dat paris is one of d world's most cosmopolitan cities after newyork. The whole story about charles de gaulle wasnt necesary (is not as if uve been der or hav u been der? Or ure just a wanna be) and u shuld chek d dictionary 4 d meanin of cosmopolitan so dat u dnt sound like an educated illiterate. Mtscheeew
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 06, 2013
@Sbaks,

Normally, I don't respond to people like you for obvious reasons. Pardon me, like I wrote earlier, I am not very tolerant of ghetto languages. However, I am on holiday, so I have time to spare.

First thing first, is it a cultural or family thing for you to insult people or you are naturally aggressive when you can't understand another person's diction? It's a simple question that requires an average intelligence

By the way, according to Forbes, London is the most Cosmopolitan city in the World not New York. Unfortunately, I will not be able to debate this issue with you because of obvious reasons. Apologies.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 06, 2013
eko ilee:

Lagos not only reflects the status of the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria and west Africa, it's broadly documented locally and internationally as one. World encyclopedia is a source of global knowledge so denying it's content shows how low and ignorant many of you are.

Also, what is intellectually appalling is you substituting known and documented facts with your own disjointed and bogus ignorant opinion.

The world encyclopedia and Abuja Food didn't just do abracadabra and magically pronounced Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria and for every ignorant post I get, I'll post another link declaring Lagos as the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria while with all your ignorant assertions, you and other deniers are yet to show any publication or reference declaring Abuja as one...

Here is another reference...

Its clear that you don't get it. You may quote more food websites and entries in any international journal, that will not muzzle the debate on this issue. Would you care to know that the entries in your Infallible Encyclopaedia relied on books published between 1960 to 1994 to arrived the conclusion you are sweating all about. This is 2013, 19 years after that entry was made. Are you now telling me to rely on an information that was updated 19 years ago? On the strength of this argument, the referred Encyclopaedia entry was outdated and cannot be relied upon regarding its conclusion that Lagos was the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria.

At the moment, your conclusion is based on an outdated material, you need to fall back on your intelligence and broad appraisal of the issue again; unless you are one of those that accept Charles Darwin 's claim that your forefather was a monkey because Darwin was an authority

Until you provide a more intelligent reason based on comparative analysis, Abuja remains the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. I do not need any reference now, its a matter of simple intelligent analysis.

By the way, be careful when you call a scholar ,ignorant, it makes you appear unnsophisticated, or better still, not cool.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 06, 2013
cool cool cool
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by ekoilee: 12:20am On May 07, 2013
percipi1:

[s]Its clear that you don't get it. You may quote more food websites and entries in any international journal, that will not muzzle the debate on this issue. Would you care to know that the entries in your Infallible Encyclopaedia relied on books published between 1960 to 1994 to arrived the conclusion you are sweating all about. This is 2013, 19 years after that entry was made. Are you now telling me to rely on an information that was updated 19 years ago? On the strength of this argument, the referred Encyclopaedia entry was outdated and cannot be relied upon regarding its conclusion that Lagos was the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria.

At the moment, your conclusion is based on an outdated material, you need to fall back on your intelligence and broad appraisal of the issue again; unless you are one of those that accept Charles Darwin 's claim that your forefather was a monkey because Darwin was an authority

Until you provide a more intelligence reason based on comparative analysis, Abuja remains the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. I do not need any reference now, its a matter of simple intelligent analysis.[/s]

I've given you 4 references and links declaring Lagos state as the most cosmopolitan in Nigeria and you are yet to show me anything referencing Abuja as such beyond your ignorant NL based opinion which means nothing to me....

lol @ intelligence analysis. I'll take documented facts and analysis a million times before even paying you and your ignorant NL opinion any attention...
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by ekoilee: 12:22am On May 07, 2013
Abuja is nothing but a place where Nigerians are forced to go for work period. The Population is less than 1 million and for the inhabitants to socialize freely in a communal and exciting atmosphere, they still have to go to Lagos where everything and everybody congregates. Abuja is a soulless place with just bodies, but no soul and this is why the place empties to Lagos on weekends and holidays.

Lagos is not only Nigeria's melting pot and the most populous state, it's the seat of everything that binds us together from arts to entertainment and other social and lifestyle affiliations like food, fashion, music, media, films.

There are more Nigerians and international concentration in Lagos participating in day to day activities than the entire population of Abuja 10 x over.

Lagos is the only place in Nigeria with dedicated communities of every ethnic or tribal groups in Nigeria and Abuja is a faint shadow of what Lagos represent as a major cosmopolitan city in the whole of west Africa...

1 Like

Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by OgbuefiNegro: 12:40am On May 07, 2013
Top Ten

1. Lagos
2. Ibadan
3. Kano
4. Abuja
5. Port Harcourt
6. Kaduna
7. Jos
8. Warri
9. Onitsha
10. Ilorin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 12:53am On May 07, 2013
eko ilee: Abuja is nothing but a place where Nigerians are forced to go for work period. The Population is less than 1 million and for the inhabitants to socialize freely in a communal and exciting atmosphere, they still have to go to Lagos where everything and everybody congregates. Abuja is a soulless place with just bodies, but no soul and this is why the place empties to Lagos on weekends and holidays.

Lagos is not only Nigeria's melting pot and the most populous state, it's the seat of everything that binds us together from arts to entertainment and other social and lifestyle affiliations like food, fashion, music, media, films.

There are more Nigerians and international concentration in Lagos participating in day to day activities than the entire population of Abuja 10 x over.

Lagos is the only place in Nigeria with dedicated communities of every ethnic or tribal groups in Nigeria and Abuja is a faint shadow of what Lagos represent as a major cosmopolitan city in the whole of west Africa...

I think I will have to rest my case now. It's very obvious that you have a personal grudge against Abuja as a city or you are just ethnocentric. You are clearly not a cosmopolite, otherwise you will not be quick to cosider a divergent opinion as borne out of ignorance despite your intellectual inadequacy to defend your pathetic reliance on outdated information and unqualified sources.

If there is one person that represent ignorance more , I think you lead the pack. Enjoy your bliss. Anyway, that changes nothing, Abuja remains the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. For ease of reference, check my previous submissions. Good night.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 12:54am On May 07, 2013
eko ilee:

I've given you 4 references and links declaring Lagos state as the most cosmopolitan in Nigeria and you are yet to show me anything referencing Abuja as such beyond your ignorant NL based opinion which means nothing to me....

lol @ intelligence analysis. I'll take documented facts and analysis a million times before even paying you and your ignorant NL opinion any attention...

I will have to rest my case now. It's very obvious that you have a personal grudge against Abuja as a city or you are just ethnocentric. You are clearly not a cosmopolite, otherwise you will not be quick to consider a divergent opinion as borne out of ignorance despite your intellectual inadequacy to defend your pathetic reliance on outdated information and unqualified sources.

If there is one person that represent ignorance more , I think you lead the pack. Enjoy your bliss. Anyway, that changes nothing, Abuja remains the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria. For ease of reference, check my previous submissions. Good night.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by ekoilee: 1:05am On May 07, 2013
percipi1:

I think I will have to rest my case now. It's very obvious that you have a personal grudge against Abuja as a city or you are just ethnocentric. You are clearly not a cosmopolite,
otherwise you will not be quick to cosider a divergent opinion as borne out of ignorance despite your intellectual inadequacy to defend your pathetic reliance on outdated information and unqualified sources.

So the world encyclopedia and the other 5 entities I posted are all anti abuja and ethnocentric against abuja?

Dude, you are ridiculous and not making any sense. Unfortunately, you don't have any case to rest, the only thing you are resting is your fact less and ignorant opinion...

The only thing I need from you is facts and references qualifying Abuja as the most cosmopolitan place in Nigerian and till you do that, you are spiting nothing but your personal and irrelevant opinion.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by OgbuefiNegro: 1:07am On May 07, 2013
percipi1:

I will have to rest my case now. It's very obvious that you have a personal grudge against Abuja as a city or you are just ethnocentric. You are clearly not a cosmopolite, otherwise you will not be quick to consider a divergent opinion as borne out of ignorance despite your intellectual inadequacy to defend your pathetic reliance on outdated information and unqualified sources.

he is not biased against Abuja. the topic is clear.....COSMOPOLITAN!

Abuja has people of different background but its behind many other cities in its mix up of nationalities and ethnicities.

Im sure you can find all Nigerian ethnicities in Abuja as much as in Lagos but a cosmopolitan city of global standard must also account for presence of foreigners. How many senegalese and siera leonian and malians or cameroonians and congolese are in Abuja compared to Lagos? How many beninoise, togolese, morrocans and lebanese and chinese have established lifestyles in Abuja when compared with other cities in Nigeria.....Lagos in particular?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by Nobody: 11:25am On May 07, 2013
percipi1: @Sbaks,

Normally, I don't respond to people like you for obvious reasons. Pardon me, like I wrote earlier, I am not very tolerant of ghetto languages. However, I am on holiday, so I have time to spare.

First thing first, is it a cultural or family thing for you to insult people or you are naturally aggressive when you can't understand another person's diction? It's a simple question that requires an average intelligence

By the way, according to Forbes, London is the most Cosmopolitan city in the World not New York. Unfortunately, I will not be able to debate this issue with you because of obvious reasons. Apologies.

FORBES!!! now i know u argue blindly. Can i know d edition? And ofcourse u cant debate on this cos u hav no facts. Anyway for ur info, paris is more cosmopolitan than london google it and see(the latest). London harbours more of its colonies but paris doesnt just harbour its colonies but more of others as well like d arabs. Dont u watch and listen to int'l news? Infact if u had gone to both places u will undastand beta. U seem so confident of ur shallow knowledge. @eko ilee was right and he proved with facts and U! sooooooo wrong cos u have no facts.
And did u post dat ure not too tolerant of ghetto languages? I bet it, pple lyk u ar really ghettoic inside. Stop all dis pretence and ignorant show off
Re: Which City In Nigeria Is The Most Cosmopolitan? by phantom(m): 1:34pm On May 07, 2013
percipi1:

I think I will have to rest my case now. It's very obvious that you have a personal grudge against Abuja as a city or you are just ethnocentric. You are clearly not a cosmopolite, otherwise you will not be quick to cosider a divergent opinion as borne out of ignorance despite your intellectual inadequacy to defend your pathetic reliance on outdated information and unqualified sources.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Akinwunmi Adesina, President Of African Development Bank / Sabo Nanono: It Is Unpatriotic To Sell 50kg Local Rice More Than N15,000 / "IPOB Kidnapped 2 Of My Cousins Yesterday" - Nnewi Man Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.