Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:56 PM

My Short Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Short Stories (5834 Views)

E. Fantasy(short Stories) / My Short Drama Script- Paranoia / My Short Drama Script- Pls Criticise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 4:21pm On May 05, 2013
Read along!
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2013
The title of my first is The Fulani Wedding.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 4:26pm On May 05, 2013
THE FULANI WEDDING
The winds whistled by silently. Although, I couldn’t hear it as it whistled by but I could feel it as it caressed my cheek and made me feel cold. The sun was just setting and people were coming back from their various places of work. It could be sensed that most of the people here where mainly farmers or cattle rearers. Not so far away, there was a large crowd. What could be the reason for such large crowd?
Had a cow gored someone to death? No!
Were two men testing their strength by coming to fight in the open because of a misunderstanding however big it maybe? No!!
Was someone being given jungle justice for whatever it was that he or she stole? No!!!
Then what was the cause of the large gathering?
It was I!
The drums were being played and the crowd sang to the beating of the drums. I listened carefully to find out if I could understand anything of what they were singing but I couldn’t. The reason was simple. They were speaking Fulani and I was not a part of them the reason being that I was from the Eastern area of Nigeria precisely Imo state. I was in the middle of the crowd and although I did not understand the lyrics of the song they were playing, I found myself dancing to the song. From among the crowd emerged a man with a cane. I had been waiting for this moment. I began getting myself prepared mentally and physically while the man with the cane jumped around me. He continued jumping around. It was apparent that he was jumping to the beating of the drums. I was then ordered to close my eyes and ready myself for what lay ahead. I did I was instructed.
Thwack!
Re: My Short Stories by Mynd44: 4:41pm On May 05, 2013
Nice.
+1
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2013
The sound of the first stroke! It landed on my bare back and I didn’t even feel as though anything had touched me on my back. It felt more like a warm caress from the hands of my sweet Aisha. I let out a little laugh. I had to undergo this for her sake and I was ready to undergo it for I loved her so much. The crowd shouted and praised me when they noticed that I had not flinched at the brutality of the whip. My head began “bigging” and I began to feel like a hero. I opened my eyes to see the position of my tormentor. He had begun to ready himself to give me another lash. He began dancing again to the beating of the drums and jumping around in an awkward manner, I looked at him and laughed aloud to myself. He didn’t know who I was that was why he thought he could beat me easily with his cane. I told him otherwise. I was very prepared for him. I had received enough floggings from many of my teachers, even from military men without flinching a bit so I couldn’t start now to begin to fear the whip.
I shut my eyes and waited. I was thinking deeply. I thought of many things. I thought of how splendid our wedding would be, I thought of the kind of guests that would be in attendance for our wedding owing to the fact that her father was the Emir of Kano and my father was the Honourable Minister for Petroleum. Much money, much connection and many guests! I thought of our wedding cake. It would be made in form of a human being. A half groom and the other half would be the bride. It was to represent our never dying unity and love. It would also represent the fact that whatever God had put together, no one could put asunder. Therefore, death would come to anyone who would try to put asunder.
I also thought of Aisha’s wedding gown and how it would it would look like. It would definitely be the best and would be imported from Dubai. Mine own suit and that of my best man was going to be imported from Italy with shoes to match. I pictured that day with my mind and could only wait for the day to come around.
Thwack!!
I didn’t even know that I had been lashed the second time. I smiled mischievously. My tormentor was really going to have a tough time with me. I did not even flinch at the lash from the whip. The crowds went wild with praises for me.
“You’re a real man: I heard a feminine voice call out from the crowd
“I would love to learn from you” a male voice shouted from the crowd feeling very impressed with me
“I wish I was your bride” another voice echoed from the crowd.
I smiled to myself. You all should keep on wishing I thought to myself while I marry the queen of my heart, Aisha. My tormentor began readying himself to give me another taste of the whip. I boasted aloud to the hearing of the crowds
“Mallam Nahiru” for that was the name of my tormentor, “your blows are sickening. You’re not fit to be a man. Accept defeat for that is what you only need to do to concede to me”
Re: My Short Stories by An0nimus: 7:33pm On May 05, 2013
*following*
when I buy my own lappitop I go post my own short storey bet for now na reader's club get me grin

Nice one Btwsmiley
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2013
My tormentor laughed aloud. It was a sadistic laugh, I could sense it. I smiled knowing that I had angered him. I shut my eyes and waited. Some seconds had gone by. I peeped from one of my eyes. The man had not flogged me yet. That was why I had not yet felt any pain. He continued dancing in the same awkward manner to the sound made by the beatings on the drums. I smiled and proceeded to think of how this night would be, how I would finally take my wife Aisha back home and what I would do to her in bed....!
I had let down my guard. I had not ground my teeth and I had not held my body firmer. It was then it came...!
It was actually going to hurt more than I thought and that was the price for letting down my guard. It was as though I had been cut by a sword although there was no blood. Instead, there was a welt around my back area where the cane had landed. It was just like when a pestle was hit on the head. My face was nothing to write home about. It looked like I had been forced to swallow shit straight from the toilet. For about twenty seconds, everyone was silent. Then I broke the silence. I screamed!
"Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh"!! That was the sound of my screaming. As if that was not enough, I broke away and began to run. I heard the crowd boo at me.
I was not a man.
I had not stood up to the test.
I was not fit to marry Aisha. I continued running until I saw an open room and entered. I began to cry. It was painful. The pain from the whip and the pain from the fact that I was going to lose my dream wife made me cry. I was going to lose the only woman I ever loved to another man. I couldn't bear it. No way. I was going to take her and run. Yes, run. Back to my hometown!
Then I woke up
I looked around me and saw my roommate staring at me. He had woken me up because someone was looking for me. He then asked me why I was crying while sleeping. I ignored him and went for the mirror lying on the table. I found out that my eyes were red. I also felt a pain at my back. I looked around and saw that I had been sleeping on my phone. That was why my back ached me.
I smiled.
I had not had a wedding.
A Fulani one at that.
I had not also been so mercilessly caned.
Then I remembered Aisha my friend and made to call her.
THE END!!

2 Likes

Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2013
My next short story is titled "What a day". Please dear viewers, keep your eyes super glued to your screen and don't touch that red button! Update coming soon.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 4:47pm On May 08, 2013
WHAT A DAY
I woke up that morning feeling very cheerful and bright even though I had not washed my face. It was 5:30 am and the morning was still dawning. I got out of bed and proceeded to go and wash my dad’s Toyota Highlander 2011 model jeep and my mum’s Honda Accord. As, I opened the door to my room, I heard the shower running. It was apparent that someone was already bathing. It was either my mum or my dad. I rushed, opened the door leading to the stairs and jumped down the first 5 steps of the stairs. I looked at the next ten steps and laughed at my thoughts. You wan break your leg abi, I smiled while asking myself. I ran down the remaining flight of stairs and rushed to the door leading out to our compound. I tried opening it but it didn’t open. I struggled again. It was then that I noticed that the door was locked. Nobody had come downstairs yet so the door was still locked. I sighed and turned the key.
Two clicks and the door opened. I ran to the backyard and got two buckets of water, filled one with water and left one half filled. I mixed the half-filled one with car wash liquid, took a rag that was hanging from the cloth line and proceeded to where the cars were parked. I began to wash the jeep first because I knew that my dad always goes to work before my mum. I washed it hurriedly and in less than 15 minutes, I was through. I began to wash my mum’s own. Hers’ was very dirty. I don’t know whether she had swum with the car in a muddy pool. I heard the door creak. It was my dad and he was carrying his food flask. Mum had prepared something but I couldn’t tell what it was. Dad entered his car and I opened the gate for him to drive off. I checked the time on the screen of my phone. It was 6:00am sharp! I continued washing mums’ car and as I was rounding up and checking her cars’ oil and water level, she came out. She was dressed in her white sparkling uniform which I had taken pains to wash. Jik, my hand and the big white Premier soap had done the magic. I couldn’t help but to feel impressed with myself. I hurriedly finished and opened the gate for her and she drove off.
The day was Wednesday and Wednesday was usually so in our house. We live in Port Harcourt and because of the Oil Mill Market that was usually held that every Wednesday, they had to leave early to work to avoid being caught up in the traffic jam. I was the only one at home. My other siblings were all in boarding schools and I was on holidays. After saying a little prayer, I went for my phone to look at the latest comments on my facebook page and also to update my status on FB. I searched for my phone in my pocket, I didn’t see it. I looked under the bed. All I could see were books and some clothes. I checked on the shoe shelf. It wasn’t there. I went to the kitchen to search for it. I couldn’t see it. I did a mental calculation with my head. In my mind, I retraced my steps, going backwards. Before I entered my room, I remembered that I had entered the parlour to check if the switch was off in case NEPA brought light to avoid any spark. I then remembered that before I had entered the parlour, I had entered the kitchen to see what my mum had prepared. I also remembered that before I had entered the kitchen, I had gone to the backyard to drop the buckets that I had used in washing. From my deductive argument, I had come up with three possible areas of concentration in my search. The first was the parlour, then the kitchen and the backyard. I began my search immediately. After searching each place three successive times, it dawned on me that something worse could have happened. I must have left it in one of my parents’ car. I was horrified. I began to trace again. Yes, I washed my dad’s car first. Did I see my phone after he had left? I thought and thought. Then I remembered that I had checked the time immediately after he had left. It only meant one thing. It was in my mum’s car. I remembered that I had not checked the time immediately after she had driven off. I began perspiring. My perspiration was not because of heat from the sun. It was as a result of fear. I remembered that I had not locked my phone with a password. What if my mum went through my phone and saw the kind of text messages in my phone, both sent and received? Those love messages! They were many and were from different people. There were messages from 15 different Amakas’. What of Esther? The Esthers’ in my phone was up to 20. There was my love, my luv, my loff, my roff, my rove. All these people were different people. My contacts were up to 300, about 230 of them were females.
“Jeez!” I shouted aloud. I was still thinking of these ones when there was something more serious. My videos! The videos in my phone were nothing to write home about. Sex videos, erotic videos and lesbian videos. I had them plenty in my phone. All these were termed +18 and I was not even up to 17 years. I went to my room with sadness and prepared myself for the worst. I prayed that God Almighty would come and do a miracle in my life and if He does it for me, I would repent, delete those videos from my phone and get closer to Him.

to be continued
Re: My Short Stories by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 08, 2013
Lol. . . Really enjoying this. . .
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 9:59pm On May 08, 2013
I then unseriously began doing some house chores. It would only be worse it they came back and found out that I had done nothing at home. After sweeping the parlour, my room, the stairs and the kitchen, I went out to buy milk and milo so that I could use it to drink tea. My mum had cooked Onu – three leave yam and I didn’t like it. I had checked the time before going out. It was only five minutes to 8am. I had just gotten to a T junction and was about taking the left to where the shop was located when I heard someone shout at me.
“Hey you! Stop there!!”
I looked to see who it was.
It was a mad man. I could tell it from how tattered and torn his clothes were. His hair was now brown from dirt and he wore no slippers.
“Now follow this boy and go to school” he ordered. I looked at the boy he was referring to. He was a student and he was going to school. My clothes were almost the same with his. He was wearing a light colored blue check uniform while mine was plain.
I was defiant at first. Too much James bond and Jackie Chan movies I had watched and what I would do to this man if he came close to me began to run around my head. I continued walking. I looked around and saw some people watching us and the developing scene.
“you this boy, you don’t use to hear English abi? Now turn back and follow this boy before I close and open my eyes”
I had started trembling but I maintained my step and continued walking a little bit slow. There was a kind of weakness in my joints and it was as though I would fall down at any moment if care was not taken. Before I could say Jack, this mad man had picked up a bottle from a nearby dustbin and started advancing towards me.
“This small boy! You dey craze abi? You no get respect for your senior” the mad man muttered audibly
When I saw him advancing towards me, I began shaking terribly. Before I knew what was happening, I began running and he pursued me. I ran as fast as I could and was able to shake him off. I then took another road to my house. I was visibly frustrated and angry with myself. I could not even defend myself against a mad man. I had no other option than to drink garri with sugar only. I could not dare to show my face outside again because of the shame I had caused myself. The rest of the day crawled on slowly and was very uneventful. When it was getting to 4pm, I began doing the last minute cleanups, I made sure everywhere was in order and went to my room to read my bible.
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
That was the sound of the horn of my mum’s car! My heart skipped three beats. I began praying while going to open the gate for her. When she had driven in, I took some time to close the gate, and counted my steps as I went to welcome her.
“Mum good evening” I greeted
“How are you?” She asked
“I am fine” I replied.
I looked at her face to be sure she was the one responding to my greeting. Her face was devoid of any emotions. It only portrayed tiredness. She didn’t say any other thing to me and I just took in her hand bag and her food flask. When I had her safely inside the house, I ran back to her car and began searching. I searched everywhere. Then I saw it! I was relieved.
It was under the front passenger seat. I looked at it. 73 missed calls! Why hadn’t she seen the phone or heard the phone ring? I looked at the phone again and then I saw what had happened. My phone was on silent mode. I now remembered that I had silenced my phone before I went to sleep the night before. Immediately, I rushed to my room with my phone in my hand and proceeded to get a strong security code for my phone. The security code was as follows; ********. It was an eight digit security code and very strong. I smiled to myself. Life continues, more sex videos to be downloaded and more girls to my d**k or so I thought.
The End!!
Re: My Short Stories by Mynd44: 10:02pm On May 08, 2013
Keep it coming
Re: My Short Stories by MumZ(f): 4:06pm On May 09, 2013
Weneva tins go our way, we 4get all our promises. Interestn read with a touch of humor.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 6:36pm On May 09, 2013
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 11:53pm On May 09, 2013
Title of my next story will be The Next Day.
Posting will begin tomorrow by the special grace of God. Una goodnight oh!!
Re: My Short Stories by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 09, 2013
Cant wait for your next story. .
Nighty night Neduzze wink
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 11:58pm On May 09, 2013
Br3nd4: Cant wait for your next story. .
Nighty night Neduzze wink

Just made my night. Sweet dreams.

1 Like

Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2013
Mum Z :
Weneva tins go our way, we 4get all our promises. Interestn read with a touch of humor.

Lol, you're right. I had to find a way to use this story to portray our shortcomings. Your comment was wonderful. Next story on track.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2013
THE NEXT DAY
EPILOGUE
I love dogs so much and I have always loved them. I see them as divine creatures sent to keep man company in the completeness of his loneliness. My dog was one of such creatures. It has been with us for about five years now. I still remember vividly when it was first bought. It was an Alsatian dog with black and brown hairs. It was little more than four months when it first came into our household. That fateful evening, the veterinary doctor who doubled as its deliveryman came around and dropped it with us. It was in a blue basket with holes and had a lid covering it on top. I was so happy to see this lovely looking creature in our possession. Mind you, that was our first real pet apart from some few chickens we had been taking care of over the years. I instantly fell in love with the little puppy. My siblings were around and the five of us wanted to have a glimpse of it and touch it. We kept on looking at it and talking about how small it was, how sharp its teeth were, how greenish the eyes were and so on and so forth until my dad came back. It was then we released it and allowed it feel the air of freedom as it ran around in our compound. Soon after, we had to choose a name for our new pet. M y best wrestler at that time was undertaker so I quickly volunteered the name. it didn’t go down well with some of my siblings. My younger sister suggested that we give it the name “Batista”. It was too common we said cancelling out the name. It was then my elder sister spoke. She suggested the name “Randy”. Randy Orton was her favourite wrestler at that time and she suggested that we give the dog the name. The name was okay with my dad and so he agreed.
We spent some time running around with the dog and allowing the dog to run after us. We had to go to school the next day so we had to go to bed earlier. While in bed, I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking of the dog and I went to the window to see if I could see it. It was nowhere in sight. Maybe it was in the backyard I thought to myself. Morning came and we all dressed up for school. Our first class for that day was History. While the teacher was teaching, I was busy thinking of my newly found friend. I couldn’t wait for school to finish so that I could go back home and play with it. We were still in the first class and that made me grumble. I never knew what trouble awaited me……
A tap on my left hand jolted me from my reverie. It was Tonye, my seat mate. I gave him a “what is the problem?” look.
“Aunty has been calling you since he said. I looked towards the direction of the board, where she was meant to be standing. She was looking very angry and I began to shake with fear.
“Who discovered the source of the River Niger” she asked.
“Randy” I replied with great ease and confidence.
The thunderous laughter that enveloped the class was deafening. Aunty was not laughing but was fuming with rage.
“This was something I just said a few minutes ago and you can’t remember it. What are you thinking about? Are you married? Are you thinking of your wife and children?” she asked fuming with rage. The class continued laughing at me. She walked over to my seat, slapped me and dragged me to the front of the class. She then flogged me and made me kneel down in front of the class. I looked at my watch. It was 15 minutes to ten, 10’o clock was the time for the end of her two hour period and I was happy that she would soon leave the class. If only I knew what lay in store for me ahead….
“Class monitor, take my note and my chalk to the staff room. Jeffery, follow me to the staff room” she said at the end of her period.
Ghen ghen ghen ghen!! Kasala don burst for my head oh. Wetin this woman dey plan to do me?
I reluctantly followed her to the staff room where she told all the teachers what happened. They all laughed at me so much that I wished the ground would open up and swallow me. But the worst was yet to come. After the disgrace at the staff room, I thought she was through with me but then she asked me to follow her. When I realized where we were heading to, I started begging her. It was the Principal’s office. The principal was a no nonsense man. The least punishment for the least crimes committed was 20 strokes of the cane. Crimes such as the one I had just committed. And the worst part of it was that he made use of two canes in flogging whoever he wanted to flog. I was so scared of the principal and this was the first time my case was reaching his ears. When my history teacher had told him what happened, he asked me a few questions and sent me outside in the sun to do “pick pin”. Pick pin was used to refer to a punishment where you would be asked to sit in the air and put your hands to the ground as though you were picking up a pin. I was lucky that he was busy if not I would have received hot coffee this hot afternoon or maybe it was because I was a first time offender. I couldn’t tell. Another thing I didn’t know was that I was actually through with classes for today. During break time, I was released from my punishment and was told to go and kneel in the principals office. After break, I was told to go back outside. It was not for me to continue my pick pin. This time, it was for something else.
The famous frog jump!
I was told to frog jump round the school. Frog jump was another method of punishment where you would be asked to stoop down and jump in low jumps around. I was to go round the school premise seven times. I could see my class mates and my juniors peeping from their windows to get a glimpse of me.
Oh my bad! What disgrace…!!

2 Likes

Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2013
to be continued
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2013
The next day was Saturday so there was no school for me that day. I was at home, did some of the house chores I could do, the ones I couldn’t lay my hands or that my hands didn’t wish to be laid upon, I left them out. Apart from the little chores I did in company of my siblings, the rest of the day was a normal one. Eat, watch film, take nap, and take shower. That’s all. Not complete yet. I also washed my clothes, my school uniform to be precise and those of my younger siblings also. Then we settled down to play Agidi. Agidi as it was fondly called was the name of a type of football game where not more than five or six players could participate. Each person would have his or her post and the ball could only be touched once by any person. That is to say that if I was to play the ball, I won’t touch it again until someone else came touched it. At the beginning of the game, the ball was thrown into the air and the thrower of the ball would shout “Agidi”. Then we would respond “Iyawo” and the game eould begin. How these phrases were added to the game, I don’t know. After the fifa ball we were using to play was shot on the windscreen of my mother’s beloved car three successive times, I was sure that it was time for the game to end. We sent the ball in, and removed the stones we used to create the posts. I then opened our gate to see what was happening outside our street.
Omo, come see lion na” I shouted to my brothers.
It was a dog not a lion but it was really huge. Tall, could be reaching my chest and a little bit lanky. My brothers came and we crowded around the gate to watch the dog. It was our neighbour’s dog. They had just two dogs before, male and female but of recent, their number had swelled because the bitch had put to bed. Three puppies!
I called out to the dog by using my mouth as a whistle. The dog looked in our direction and bounded out in a chase towards us. Omo, all of us ran inside and closed the gate. After a while, I opened the gate. The dog was still outside parading the front of its owner’s gate. From the far end of our street, I saw a woman. She was an elderly woman. I wanted to tell her to go back because the dog was their. One voice told me to tell her not to come forward again. The other voice told me not to say anything but to keep quiet and watch. Maybe the dog will respect this woman because she was old, the voice reasoned with me. I took the advice of the second voice and continued watching as the woman came closer to the gate where the dog lived. The gate was open and the dog just entered inside for the moment or so I thought. When the woman reached the gate and was about passing it, the worst happened!
Re: My Short Stories by MumZ(f): 10:18pm On May 13, 2013
Dis last update feels like a totally different story 4rm d previous update. U wrote about getn punishd 4 day dreaming of ur dog, dis 1 is about neighbor's dog. I guess snce dey r both dog stories, dey can go as 1, bt snce u r writing short stories, u shld av ended dat 1 n made dis 1 a new story. Nways, am luving dem stories. Dog abeg no bite old woman o.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 6:26am On May 14, 2013
Yeah Mum Z, this is the main story. That one na epilogue. I tire for the epilogue oh. The title of the story is The next day and the last update started with 'The next day'. The previous episode is a flashback.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 6:04pm On May 14, 2013
The dog bounded off towards the woman. When the woman saw the dog, she didn’t know what to do because fear had transfixed her to a point. The dog got to the woman and bit her ferociously on her leg. The woman started shouting in pain and bitterness. When the other female dog noticed what had happened, it also rushed to the woman in an attempt to bite her also. She was saved in a nick of time because one of the people living in the compound came out upon hearing the commotion outside and ordered the dogs to get inside. What later happened, I don’t know but I’m sure the woman was treated and that evening, there was a quarrel in their house over who left the gate open and who went out last. I then remembered the story I was told on how the dog bit one of my cousins. I wasn’t there so there’s no need of me telling ‘hearsay’. I also remembered how the dog almost attacked me once in the enclaves of my own house. I was the only one around that day and I opened the gate and went outside our gate. When I saw the dog, I was scared initially. The dog looked at me and continued perusing a nylon close by. I regained my courage and then called my own dog and watched to see what would happen. When the dog saw my own dog, it came towards it in a playful manner. They were both males and there was nothing to play about. They were both males, the other looking taller and hefty and mine looking fatter and robust. After a while, I entered my house and called my dog to come in. my dog came in and the other one followed it. I was shocked. I didn’t know what to do. I began to chase the dog out. In a bid to chase it out, the dog turned on me and started attacking me. To defend myself, I made use of my dog’s chain which was in my hand and began to swerve it towards the dog. It didn’t give up. Just when it was about to pounce on me, I called out to my dog and my dog came running with a growl and attacked the dog. For a while, they fought while I looked on. After a few minutes when my dog had the upper hand, they stopped fighting and began looking at each other. It seemed as though they were discussing. Whatever they discussed I didn’t know but I was sure my dog would be saying,
“Get out of my house. You can’t just come to my house and fight my master like that. Move before I move you”
And maybe the other would reply in anger,
“You have done your worst. Don’t worry, I will show you” and it truly did show my dog some days later but that’s a tale for another day
That evening, when my mum came back from work, she sent me on a message to my aunt’s house that was not far from ours. It was already 6 pm and was getting dark. I walked silently but quickly while eating the pack of digestive biscuit that I was with until I heard a growl behind me. I turned to look and saw two dogs. One was white and the other brown. I thought they were my neighbor’s dogs until I saw the difference in their colour. I was shaky on my legs but I began moving backwards still facing the dogs. They followed me at a slow pace too. I threw the biscuits in my hand to them and saw them struggle to catch it. O boy, com see run na! I began running with all the strength I could muster. It was as though they noticed I was running because they left the biscuit they were eating and pursued me. I continued running until I got to a broken fence which was the shortcut that led to my aunt’s house. I could sense the dogs on my heels so there was no time to climb the fence. I practically flew over the fence and continued running. The dogs jumped the fence too with so much agility and as I turned, I saw them still chasing me. I was almost at the gate of my aunt’s house. People on the street saw what was happening and they continued watching me as I raced for my life. As soon as I reached their gate, I pushed it hard with my hands. The gate was open luckily for me because the dogs were so close. I could feel their hot breath as they panted away on my legs. My left leg was already inside my aunt’s gate and as I was about to bring in the other, the dog bit me or so I thought. I felt my leg hold break for a split second. I turned and saw that it was not actually my legs but it was my slippers. I quickly disentangled my leg from the slippers, completed my long race and banged the gate shut. I was damn lucky.
When I had delivered the message after telling them my experience and how my cousins laughed at me after hearing my experience and how my aunty pitied me, it was time to leave. I was scared, but I was able to open their gate and look around. I saw that one leg of my slippers was nowhere to be found. Maybe the dogs had gone off with it. I borrowed one of my cousin’s slippers with a promise to return it. A promise I didn’t later fulfill. I left their house and took the main road to my house.
I was lucky!
The End!!
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2013
Switching over to real time fiction. please stay tuned for more. cheesy
Re: My Short Stories by VanTee20(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
Double post
Re: My Short Stories by VanTee20(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
Oga Neduzze, I get one small story wey I wan post for here. Shey make I go ahead?smiley.
Re: My Short Stories by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 15, 2013
Yah go ahead. . cheesy
Re: My Short Stories by VanTee20(m): 5:11pm On May 15, 2013
Br3nd4: Yah go ahead. . cheesy
Let Oga Neduzze talk first before I continue.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2013
VanTee20:
Let Oga Neduzze talk first before I continue.

Yes oh, please go ahead and post while I come up with another story.
Re: My Short Stories by VanTee20(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2013
Neduzze5:

Yes oh, please go ahead and post while I come up with another story.
Ok, I'll post itsmiley.
Re: My Short Stories by Neduzze5(m): 3:59pm On May 16, 2013
VanTee20:
Ok, I'll post itsmiley.

We will be waiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria / DREAMS & DATES ( Love Seriez ) / Murder On Koboland.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.