Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) (26394 Views)

Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / That Side Of ‘dubai’ They Really Dont Want You To SEE (LOOK) / Libya: Ten Things About Gaddafi They Don’t Want You To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:45am On May 06, 2013
^^^^I'd rather be a slave out here than be a slave to lowlife duffers that've got naija on the choke-hold... At least the "slavery" out here comes with different perks... grin

Fvck it, I'm a white man's slave for speaking the truth, no? Anyway, I'll continue to speak the truth regardless of the medieval mentality of the humanoids that occupy the geographical location called; Nigeria!!! grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:49am On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

There's absolutely no excuse for that... More than $300 billion have been looted from that country from 1970 to date(that's just the amount that can be accounted for)... Just imagine what that could have done, bro... Nigeria should be competing with Malaysia if it weren't for the semi-illiterate thieves running the affairs of the country!! I'm ashamed of Nigeria..

It's just funny how you think I hate Nigeria when most people around me think I've become too Nigeria-centric... Do you even know how many people I've educated about Nigeria and how there are nice and promising things about the country? And these are people who have the same background as myself but don't give two fvcks about the darn place... You need to rate me for critiquing naija, to be honest... cool

300 billion dollars sounds like a lot, but that was over a 40 year period. Many other countries must have similar and worse figures. Meanwhile the US annual GDP is something like 4 trillion dollars. Just in one year. Yet you seem to think that '300 billion' would have turned all Africa into paradise. Ridiculous.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

New York is ugly....but the city has institutions and character and mood. Same with Chicago!

Orderliness and Cleanliness are components of beauty. Chaos resulting from population density and disorderliness is what is killing our cities in Nigeria.

It should not take a skyscraper structure to beautify the landscape. We need institutions....we need to transfer the ideals of philosophical living onto the landscape. Nigerians lack that.
New York ugly? That's a new one. Do you know tourists go to cities like New York and take a tour bus to see the whole city. Why do you think they're doing so? It's because the city has character. Nobody would want to take a tour bus in Lagos cos there's nothing interesting to see. The city is bland.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:51am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: 300billion dollars sounds like a lot, but that was in a 40 year period. Many other countries must have similar and worse figures. Meanwhile the US annual GDP is something like 4 trillion dollars. Just in one year. Yet you seen to think that '300 billion' would have turned all Africa into paradise. Ridiculous.

It's a lot and most of it was looted from the mid 80s to 2006/7...

Anyway, Texas alone is the size of Nigeria - compare what Texas with Nigeria!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Inik(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: That's another thing you need to get off of-this idea that Nigeria has all this massive wealth that would have turned all Africa into paradise "if only". Nigeria's oil reserves are only as large as Kuwait's. Kuwait has 2 million mouths to feed. Nigeria 170 million. So where is this great massive wealth? It is not as if we have truck loads of gold, copper and diamonds just waiting to be harnessed. The nation needs time to diversify its economy and develop itself.
An honest view. Most people on this forum do not take our population size into consideration when making statements. Angola for e.g has a population of 19 million and is the second largest oil producer in the continent. Why won't they have more resources available to build world class cities? Compare this to our 170 million population. If the military regimes had performed, Nigeria will have been far better than it is today.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:54am On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

It's a lot and most of it was looted from the mid 80s to 2006/7...

Anyway, Texas alone is the size of Nigeria - compare what Texas with Nigeria!
Texas' annual GDP is 1.4 Trillion dollars. Nigeria? 350 billion if that. We are simply not as rich as you think.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:56am On May 06, 2013
Inik:
An honest view. Most people on this forum do not take our population size into consideration when making statements. Angola for e.g has a population of 19 million and is the second largest oil producer in the continent. Why won't they have more resources available to build world class cities? Compare this to our 170 million population. If the military regimes had performed, Nigeria will have been far better than it is today.

Population doesn't stop you from building infrastructures!!

Why's the rail system in Nigeria next to dead?

Why are all the major roads death traps?

How come all your refineries are dead? etc.

There's absolutely no excuse whatsoever!!

Indonesia is more populated than Nigeria and it has no oil!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 11:58am On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Texas' annual GDP is 1.4 Trillion dollars. Nigeria? 350 billion if that. We are simply not as rich as you think.

The discourse isn't about GDP, it's about what the looted $300 billion dollars would have done in Texas...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:58am On May 06, 2013
Inik:
I keep telling people that if not a penny was stolen from our oil resources since its discovery, Nigeria would not look much different from what it is today. At most maybe 25 percent was embezzled. Does anyone seriously think that 25 percent would have transformed the nation? What we need desperately is diversification away from oil as our main income source. Thankfully we are doing that.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 06, 2013
Well, this is Jakarta, Indonesia

[img]http://www.apec2013.or.id/userfiles/Jakarta_Indonesia7.jpg[/img]
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Stop telling lies and exaggerating. That is why we say you hate Nigeria. You exaggerate all the shortcomings, and downplay/ridicule all the successes. Refineries are not "dead". I even started a thread on that a couple days ago. The major roads are seeing major reinvestment and upgrades as any trip around the country shows. The railway system is seeing upgrades across the board. As are airports. The nation is not standing still. Your problem is you lack the intellect to observe societal changes as they occur, and tailor your sentiment and judgement in line with new knowledge and developments.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 06, 2013
Afam, can you please unban my "shymexx" handle - I'm in nl jail via the spambot.. grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Stop telling lies and exaggerating. Refineries are not "dead". I even started a thread on that a couple days ago. The major roads are seeing major reinvestment and upgrades as any trip around the country shows. The railway system is seeing upgrades across the board. Your problem is you lack the intellect to observe societal changes as they occur, and then tailor your sentiment and judgement in line with new knowledge and developments.

Bro., you don't want to start another verbal assault today, do you? So, let's keep it civil... cool

What refineries are you even talking about when we still import all our refined products? What major roads? And that rail system that looks worse than 1820s London rail system is what you call a rail system, no? I bet all the trains are also the locomotive variant!! grin grin

You're a joker - you make Mr. Bean look like a proper serious guy!!! grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 12:09pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:
Afam, can you please unban my "shymexx" handle - I'm in nl jail via the spambot.. grin
Done
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
Done

Thanks, fam.. wink
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Inik(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

All these areas are presently being addressed by the present government. With time we will get there. Don't you think its high time you visit Nigeria to see things for yourself instead of relying on what you read on the internet?

1 Like

Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2013
Inik:
All these areas are presently being addressed by the present government. With time we will get there. Don't you think its high time you visit Nigeria to see things for yourself instead of relying on what you read on the internet?

There's no point being out there when everyone that goes there comes back with the same depressing story about how the country isn't for them...

Anyway, how are we going to get there with the massive corruption that has eaten too deep into the Nigerian fabric?? The only way we're going to get there is to stop celebrating mediocrity; let our voices be heard; and look for someone in the mode of Chairman Mao to turn things around... We need a different mentality!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Inik(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2013
According to wikipedia, Indonesia has extensive natural resources, including crude oil, natural gas, tin, copper, and gold. Indonesia's major imports include machinery and equipment, chemicals, fuels, and foodstuffs. And the country's major export commodities include oil and gas, electrical appliances, plywood, rubber, and textiles.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Bro., you don't want to start another verbal assault today, do you? So, let's keep it civil... cool

What refineries are you even talking about when we still import all our refined products? What major roads? And that rail system that looks worse than 1820s London rail system is what you call a rail system, no? I bet all the trains are also the locomotive variant!! grin grin

You're a joker - you make Mr. Bean look like a proper serious guy!!! grin
You sound very ignorant. Are you on drugs or something? Do you realise there are at least three major high speed double gauge rail projects currently underway in the country? As for roads and refined products, if you leave London and visit home for the first time in donkey years, maybe you'll learn something. But I just don't see a person like you ever visiting Nigeria to be honest, unless for a funeral. Your family have utterly poisoned your mind against the country and it shows.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 06, 2013
Inik: according to wikipedia, Indonesia has extensive natural resources, including crude oil, natural gas, tin, copper, and gold. Indonesia's major imports include machinery and equipment, chemicals, fuels, and foodstuffs. And the country's major export commodities include oil and gas, electrical appliances, plywood, rubber, and textiles.

The oil and gas in that country isn't on naija's level - yet they've achieved far more than Nigeria..

Thanks for proving me right. wink
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: You sound very ignorant. Are you on drugs or something? Do you realise there are at least three major high speed double gauge rail projects currently underway in the country? As for roads and refined products, if you left London and visit home for the first time in donkey years, maybe you'll learn something. But I just don't see a person like you ever visiting Nigeria to be honest, unless for a funeral. Your family have utterly poisoned your mind against the country.

Lmao @ the bolded!! grin grin

That's another white elephant project to loot money! - I know how Nigerians move...

Anyway, what happened to all the monorail projects? grin Damn!! I was happy when I saw pictures last year - poor me.. sad sad

Abandoned, no?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:19pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

There's no point being out there when everyone that goes there comes back with the same depressing story about how the country isn't for them...
Stop lying. Who are the "everyone"?
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Stop lying. Who are the "everyone"?

Everyone = everyone that I know... Are you a learner? undecided

Naija is a dead end - just pray for a Chairman Mao and stop celebrating mediocrity, kleptocracy, and backwardness...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Inik(m): 12:28pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Anyway, how are we going to get there with the massive corruption that has eaten too deep into the Nigerian fabric?? The only way we're going to get there is to stop celebrating mediocrity; let our voices be heard; and look for someone in the mode of Chairman Mao to turn things around... We need a different mentality!

I agree corruption needs to be drastically reduced, however there is no nation that there is zero corruption. Turning things around will involve having a modern leader with progressive ideas. Unfortunately the old generation who see power not as a medium of transformation of the country and lives of the citizens but as a means of self enrichment are holding onto the reins of power, they are the ones who determine who emerges as leaders in all levels of governance in this country. These are the people that should be eased out of power.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:30pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Everyone = everyone that I know... Are you a learner? undecided

Naija is a dead end - just pray for a Chairman Mao and stop celebrating mediocrity, kleptocracy, and backwardness...
How many Nigerians in London do you know aside from your family? 2? The Nigerian economy is growing at 7 percent a year while the UK economy is contracting. It is where you are based that is a dead end. Nigeria is the future. David Cameron even returned from a trip to Lagos and tasked his fellow Britons to observe and imitate the entrepreneural drive and progress of Nigerians. Thousands of Nigerians are returning home to partake of the booming economy. The Chinese and others are rushing into Nigeria for business, not into Britain. You will end up a haggard old fool in a cold London flat while your mates are ushering in the new Nigeria in a couple of decades' time.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
Inik:

I agree corruption needs to be drastically reduced, however there is no nation that there is zero corruption. Turning things around will involve having a modern leader with progressive ideas. Unfortunately the old generation who see power not as a medium of transformation of the country and lives of the citizens but as a means of self enrichment are holding onto the reins of power, they are the ones who determine who emerges as leaders in all levels of governance in this country. These are the people that should be eased out of power.

Agreed there's no nation that's corruption free, however most of these countries re-invest back in the system... But Nigerians take out of the system and invest in another country... That's the difference..

Anyway, why can't the people speak and let their voices be heard? You don't wait for change(that stopped when manna stopped dropping from the sky) - you demand and go get it.. But it seems most Nigerians are comfortable with the status quo as long as they get a few crumbs to munch on...
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: How many Nigerians in London do you know aside from your family? 2? The Nigerian economy is growing at 7 percent a year while the UK economy is contracting. It is where you are based that is a dead end. Nigeria is the future. David Cameron even returned from a trip to Lagos and tasked his fellow Britons to observe and imitate the entrepreneural drive and progress of Nigerians. Thousands of Nigerians are returning home to partake of the booming economy. The Chinese and others are rushing into Nigeria for business, not into Britain. You will end up a haggard old fool in a cold London flat while your mates are ushering in the new Nigeria in a couple of decades' time.

Lmao @ David Cameron's trip to Lagos... If you don't know Dave-boy is all about getting some cut from the company representatives that followed him to Lagos - you're on your own... He didn't even spend a day in naija!!! grin The only thing he preached in naija was globalisation and how British companies can turn naija to a dumping ground for British-made goods... grin

Fam, I'll end up on the forbes as one of the richest young black guys out there gettin' it - gatt the juice, mate... Naija isn't even a proper place for business(es) to thrive... I'd rather go to Sao Tome and Principe, or Equatorial Guinea to get paid - than waste my time trying to hit it big in naija, tbh... wink
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Lmao @ David Cameron's trip to Lagos... If you don't know Dave-boy is all about getting some cut from the company representatives that followed him to Lagos - you're on your own... He didn't even spend a day in naija!!! grin The only thing he preached in naija was globalisation and how British companies can turn naija to a dumping ground for British-made goods... grin

Fam, I'll end up on the forbes as one of the richest young black guys out there gettin' it - gatt the juice, mate... Naija isn't even a proper place for business(es) to thrive... I'd rather go to Sao Tome and Principe, or Equatorial Guinea to get paid - than waste my trying to hit it big in naija, tbh... wink
Stop falsifying Cameron's actions. Did he or did he not state what I said he stated upon his arrival in Britain from Lagos? What has his staying one day or half day to do with anything? You think he's like you who doesn't read and research? As for Naija not being a proper place for businesses to thrive, let's just say your friends in Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe would give an arm and a leg to get one twentieth of the current foreign investment Nigeria is receiving. Don't be surprised if Forbes haven't a clue where those places are located either, never mind churning out the latest phantom "young black millionaires" that exist in your head.
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 06, 2013
Rossikk: Stop falsifying Cameron's actions. Did he or did he not state what I said he stated upon his arrival in Britain from Lagos? What has his staying one day or half day to do with anything? You think he's like you who doesn't read and research? As for Naija not being a proper place for businesses to thrive, let's just say your friends in Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome and Principe would give an arm and a leg to get one twentieth of the current foreign investment Nigeria is receiving. Don't be surprised if Forbes haven't a clue where those places are located either, never mind churning out the latest phantom "young black millionaires" that exist in your head.

You're still a learner!

I'll let the soul of Mama Harriet Tubman speak to you:

"I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." - Harriet Tubman

^^^^Read and digest that, bruddah.. wink

Thank me later! cool

Out yo!
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 06, 2013
ShyM-X:

Fam, I'll end up on the forbes as one of the richest young black guys out there gettin' it - gatt the juice, mate... Naija isn't even a proper place for business(es) to thrive... I'd rather go to Sao Tome and Principe, or Equatorial Guinea to get paid - than waste my time trying to hit it big in naija, tbh... wink
if you were business savvy, you won't spew this nonsense
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by tuagbo: 3:35pm On May 06, 2013
You can all say what you want but EVERYTHING "Shymexx" said about Nigeria and Nigerians is 100% true.Contrary to your views, he is saying these things because he loves Nigeria.I also feel thesame way."When you're aware of the truth,swallowing the pill is never bitter"
Re: The D.R Congo CNN Does Not Want You To See (pics) by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 06, 2013
sheyie2007: if you were business savvy, you won't spew this nonsense

Anyway, "Mr. Business Savvy" - can you please what makes Nigeria so conducive for legit business? And don't start telling me about the Chinese and other people involved in the oil business and other dirty dealings... undecided

Btw, why is your name spelled as "Sheyie" and not "Seyi?" Trying to be western, no?? grin grin grin

Nigerians are funny!! grin Sheyie, Harbeeholar, Torpee etc.. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Donald Trump Criticies Media Houses For Not Showing Street Protests / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / A 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hit Italy Today (PICS & VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.