Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex (18429 Views)

When You Are Sexually Harassed By An Ex Who Is Married / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by emmynisaj: 11:09pm On May 05, 2013
In A ¤confused State¤ Plz I Need Advice cry

When i was little,i was a victim of sexual harrasment by both my uncle and my cousin..dis made me hate men so much and i
avoided relationships for a lng time..Now i fell in love with a very special man and i want be with him forever..but weneva we about to get intimate,scary images from d past just invade my thoughts which makes so scared of doing anything with.,most tyms he understands,but I feel bad 4 havin 2 do dis to him..i love him so so much..pls i need ur advice..thanks!!!
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by PrinceNN(m): 11:47pm On May 05, 2013
go for some therapy...
or google some info on how to overcome such thought..i hav a friend who went throught such, and worse...but she came thru...now she bleeps like hell tongue
sorry for your pains tho

10 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by its22078: 12:28am On May 06, 2013
this must be so hard for you. i reall sympathise. Pray about it and give it to God. You're gonna have to let go of it little by little and its not going to be easy. Part of letting go is talking about it - to parents, family, friends and even confronting the uncle and cousin. Also get some therapy or medical help of some sort. You cant let the evil people who did this to you continue ruining your life till now. They cant win. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Caracta(f): 12:30am On May 06, 2013
I couldn't have said it better. Very good comments already. Need i say more?

2 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by emmynisaj: 1:19am On May 06, 2013
Thanks alot people i really appreciate ur help smileyThanks alot people i really appreciate ur help
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Caracta(f): 1:31am On May 06, 2013
its22078: this must be so hard for you. i reall sympathise. Pray about it and give it to God. You're gonna have to let go of it little by little and its not going to be easy. Part of letting go is talking about it - to parents, family, friends and even confronting the uncle and cousin. Also get some therapy or medical help of some sort. You cant let the evil people who did this to you continue ruining your life till now. They cant win. Good luck.
OP, read this comment over and over again.
I relate with your state, and i understand (to an extent). It's not going to be easy but i need you to be determined and never give up.

Let the tears flow. Talk about it. Those times you hold your pillow tight and cry your eyes out...it's all going to be history soon.

Have fun and do things that'll make you laugh. I pray God will strengthen you and hold your hands as you come out of your shell.

3 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by clemz85(m): 2:14am On May 06, 2013
maka why not!

My ppl said, "once bitten by snake runs before a lizard head"

then again, "if there's no solution for something, there's something for solution"

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Mynd44: 4:53am On May 06, 2013
See a shrink
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by emmynisaj: 10:48am On May 06, 2013
Caracta:
OP, read this comment over and over again.
I relate with your state, and i understand (to an extent). It's not going to be easy but i need you to be determined and never give up.

Let the tears flow. Talk about it. Those times you hold your pillow tight and cry your eyes out...it's all going to be history soon.

Have fun and do things that'll make you laugh. I pray God will strengthen you and hold your hands as you come out of your shell.
Thanks alot.i wil do my best smiley
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by emmynisaj: 10:51am On May 06, 2013
Mynd_44: See a shrink

Watz a 'shrink'?? :/

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by ezemoses(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2013
yes i also think you should see a pyschologist ( thats a shrink)

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Freiburger(m): 1:06pm On May 06, 2013
I think a therapy will help in a situation like this.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by DICKtator: 1:07pm On May 06, 2013
pHUCCCK!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by GraceBestowed(f): 1:10pm On May 06, 2013
I'm sorry that you're going through what you're going through.

What you need is patience, personally, and from whoever it is that is directly affected. Don't expect to snap out of it, trust your instincts, and take it one step at a time (in trying to let go of the past). As for those people who abused you, their reward is coming!

Please don't listen to anyone that tries to downplay your situation!

3 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:11pm On May 06, 2013
emmy nisaj:

We should always consult google. Btw, thought it was supposed to be done after marriage. Except you trying to bend rules. Lol

Sorry for your troubles girl. You need help from a psychologist

3 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Freiburger(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

We should always consult google. Btw, thought it was supposed to be done after marriage. Except you trying bend rules. Lol

Sorry for your troubles girl. You need help from a psychologist
What if after marriage and the same problem persists? If you 're in her husband's shoes, will that be funny to you?

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by heykims(m): 1:15pm On May 06, 2013
hmm.......a portion of Mazi Omenuko's PPA- place of promiscuous assignment- might help. But make sure u dont read dt thing too much o 4 u may go so gaga dt u might even scare off other other male mammals...
Premarital sex no good o!!!

5 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Foreblary: 1:15pm On May 06, 2013
emmy nisaj: In A ¤confused State¤ Plz I Need Advice cry

When i was little,i was a victim of sexual harrasment by both my uncle and my cousin..dis made me hate men so much and i
avoided relationships for a lng time..Now i fell in love with a very special man and i want be with him forever..but weneva we about to get intimate,scary images from d past just invade my thoughts which makes so scared of doing anything with.,most tyms he understands,but I feel bad 4 havin 2 do dis to him..i love him so so much..pls i need ur advice..thanks!!!
just follow your heart and dont ever decieved your self again
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by MajeOfficial: 1:17pm On May 06, 2013
emmy nisaj: In A ¤confused State¤ Plz I Need Advice cry

What you're experiencing is sadly normal. If there is adequate therapy in your area i would go, and if it's beyond your area it's worth the journey because this issue can hold back your life.

I'm sorry that you suffered through what you've suffered. You're traumatized and haven't had the ability and help to deal with it in the proper way and until then the trauma will remain. The most important thing to do in my opinion is to remember

rape isn't sex.
what your boyfriend is trying to do with you may look similar to what your uncles/cousin did, but rape is an attack...it's more similar to beating someone mercilessly than having sex. Sex is a natural, normal and intimate thing you share with someone you love. It's very fun and innocent, it has nothing to do with what happened to you before. Your boyfriend is not your uncle, and you're with someone you cherish and KNOW will never do something like that to you because he loves you as well. I have to start realizing the differences between your uncle/cousin and boyfriend and most importantly the differences between rape and sex. Plantains and Bananas are said to look similar but are not the same at all (no pun intended)

ps: Be PATIENT with yourself! it's going to take you a long time to come to terms with your past, and it's going to be a long and grueling battle but if you're willing to take it on no matter how difficult it is, you will prevail!

9 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by nbright: 1:18pm On May 06, 2013
₱®ÌИСΞ:
go for some therapy...
or google some info on how to overcome such thought..i hav a friend who went throught such, and worse...but she came thru... now she bleeps like hell tongue
sorry for your pains tho
That's scary.
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by Freiburger(m): 1:20pm On May 06, 2013
nbright: That's scary.
Imagine that grin grin grin Bleep like hell grin grin grin
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by livingstoneony(m): 1:21pm On May 06, 2013
emmy nisaj:
a shrink is a device used to squezze things. wink

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by GraceBestowed(f): 1:22pm On May 06, 2013
^^^ LoooooL ^^^
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by alphaconde(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2013
But I hv been told by someone that she has become addicted to sex cus of this same experience. Can someone separate the difference or substantiate any?
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by denitro(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2013
Your past is your past and should be in the past.
You dwelling on your past clearly shows you are not willing to live in
the present. (Remember, today is a gift that is why it is called - the present).
My advice:
Forget about your past - and I mean it seriously.
Learn to trust the one you love so that you will not end up driving him away.
Men process information differently from women.
I have been with friends who had girlfriends in similar position.
Some saw her as someone will be very unstable as a future wife
while other guys never knew their girlfriends had such troubling past
until later when she revealed it, but she never showed it or even gave a hint.
(That is clearly a woman who is focused and willing to live in the present and face the future)
Sorry I might sound harsh but its your life n future n happiness that we are talking about,
Don't ruin it.

1 Like

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2013
Freiburger:
What if after narriage and the same problem persists? If you 're in her husband's shoes, will that be funny to you?

Where did i err? Just saying what a preacher would have told her, though m not a fan of sex before marriage
Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by collins123(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2013
Do not be deceived: neither fornicators...will inherit the kingdom of God

1 Corinthians 6:9

2 Likes

Re: Sexually Harassed As A Child & Scared Of Sex by alienware(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2013
U need therapy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Change After The First Date? / Cute Pre-wedding Pictures Of My Younger Brother / "Whether I Have A House Or Not, If I Date A Landlady, I Become The Owner" - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.