Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 (13226 Views)

Buhari Will Not Know Peace, If Niger Delta Knows No Peace – Tompolo / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari / Worst Case Scenario: Southeast Loses 2015: Ndi Igbo What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Abujafood: 10:38am On May 06, 2013
Niger Delta militants will take up arms again and throw the country into chaos if President Jonathan is not re-elected for a second term in 2015, former militant leader Mujahid Asari Dokubo has said.

Addressing a news conference in Abuja at the weekend, Dokubo, who led an arms struggle against the Federal Government for years in the past, said the peace in the Niger Delta at present is because Jonathan is president and that chaos will return if he is denied re-election.

“The day Goodluck is no longer the President all of us who are on sabbatical will come back. There will be no peace not only in the Niger Delta but everywhere. If they say it is an empty boast let them wait and see,” said Dokubo, who as leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF) coordinated a campaign of violence in the oil producing areas.
Militant activities disrupted oil production in the Niger Delta for years until a Federal Government amnesty programme was instituted in 2009 by then-President Umaru Yar’Adua. Of recent, Nigeria’s oil production is falling again because of large-scale crude theft.

Dokubo, who is also former President of the Ijaw Youth Congress (IYC), said the relative peace in the Niger Delta is because Jonathan is president and not because of the amnesty programme, which he said he had rejected because he committed no crime.

He said Jonathan has performed better than previous governments, and that he is holding the post of president for the Niger Delta region which should have an uninterrupted eight years before power would shift to another zone.
Dokubo also said he was opposed to the reported plans by the Senate to introduce a six-year single term for president and preclude Jonathan from running in 2015.

On the feud between President Jonathan and Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi, Dokubo described the governor as a traitor who has chosen to return the people of the region to years of slavery.
Dokubo spoke just a week after President Jonathan’s adviser on amnesty, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, was reported to have said in the United States that chaos would set in unless Jonathan is re-elected.

He said he was reiterating Kuku’s prediction of “dire consequences” should the President fail to be re-elected in 2015.
Dokubo’s latest stance on Jonathan is a departure from his comments in December when he criticised the president for allowing “greedy” and “corrupt” people to hijack his government. Dokubo had said Jonathan will not win re-election unless he got rid of those people, but none of them has been removed from the government yet.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/53792-dokubo-no-peace-if-jonathan-loses-2015
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Gbawe: 11:08am On May 06, 2013
What a crude joker this Asari-Dokubo is.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Nobody: 11:11am On May 06, 2013
Only in Nigeria would criminals like this goon, be interviewed and even held in high esteem. I am sure he is enjoying the huge sums the retard pays him for being a cold blooded murderer whose has killed several people.

Very soon, the leader of Boko Haram will become a "leader of repute" who would have an opinion on everything just because he can shed blood. Sad for Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:22am On May 06, 2013
Gbawe: What a crude joker this Asari-Dokubo is.

A Joker he is.. but the joke is really on us... and a crude one it is. Dokubo knows how Powerful (and Volatile) Emotional Politics can be.. when people's emotional senses are inflamed, reason flies out the window, even the most reasonable persons join the herd in a mad rush.

The lot of Nigerians are blissfully ignorant of the present state of things.. we seem to be on cruise control but in reality we have run out of fuel and going down-hill with no brakes.

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Abujafood: 11:34am On May 06, 2013
Personally I think Asari is running his mouth if you recall in 2008 it was Ateke Tom who initiated amnesty talks with the Federal government after JTF pounded his head quarters and he narrowly escaped being killed!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Olaolufred(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2013
ASARI WILL MAKE NIGERIA UNGORVERNABLE IF....................
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Boazizzy08: 11:54am On May 06, 2013
joker of all time indeed bro. don't even know why so much attention is been paid to the slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Nobody: 11:59am On May 06, 2013
Only in Nigeria were a criminal goon will threaten the whole nation and still walk free.

5 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2013
Asari Dokubo is a citizen of this country and is entitled to his opinion. Beside the fact that he comes from the same part of the country as GEJ, he is not in govt, neither does he speak for GEJ. He is not an elderstates man and I dont think he has ever worked for any govt.

In a situation were prominent citizens from the far north, like former VP Atiku and others, had in the past threatened fire if power does not return to the north, the statements credited to citizen Asari Dokubo is not unexpected.

In Nigeria a COMATOSE Yar Adua (probably on hospital support machine in far away Saudi hospital) would easily win the PDP primary ticket and sweep the polls in a general election while a vibrant GEJ would sweat to secure PDP primary ticket and work very hard before winning a general election. What is the difference between Yar Adua and GEJ? The only difference is their ethnicity and religion. This is the reality in our Nigeria.

Statements credited to Asari are not right in sane countries but this is Nigeria where almost everything revolves around ethnic and religuous sentiments.

The ethnic and religuous politics of our founding fathers has remained with us till date.

18 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Inik(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2013
I don't support his assertions, Nigeria is far bigger than any individual.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by PointB: 12:31pm On May 06, 2013
Lol,

Playing the boko cards. Anyway, that's how to have your way in Nigeria. Carry go!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Asari Dokubo is a citizen of this country and is entitled to his opinion. Beside the fact that he comes from the same part of the country as GEJ, he is not in govt, neither does he speak for GEJ. He is not an elderstates man and I dont think he has ever worked for any govt.

In a situation were prominent citizens from the far north, like former VP Atiku and others, had in the past threatened fire if power does not return to the north, the statements credited to citizen Asari Dokubo is not unexpected.

In Nigeria a COMATOSE Yar Adua (probably on hospital support machine in far away Saudi hospital) would easily win the PDP primary ticket and sweep the polls in a general election while a vibrant GEJ would sweat to secure PDP primary ticket and work very hard before winning a general election. What is the difference between Yar Adua and GEJ? The only difference is their ethnicity and religion. This is the reality in our Nigeria.

Statements credited to Asari are not right in sane countries but this is Nigeria where almost everything revolves around ethnic and religuous sentiments.

The ethnic and religuous politics of our founding fathers has remained with us till date.

I can see you are already at work, working hard for your paymasters Mr Reno Omokri and GEJ. So you know what Dokubo is saying is not right in any sane country. Isn't it time we make Nigeria sane again. Paid agents like you continue to defend the indefensible, justifying criminality because you claim there was a precedence.

In sane countries, people like you and Dokubo will be in jail, and trust me, Nigeria will soon be a sane country and you will be in jail!

28 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by PointB: 12:34pm On May 06, 2013
By the way, is Buhari not a murderer himself? Using retroactive law to execute citizen is murder in my book.

If Buhari a murderer can aspire for presidency, why can't Asari have his voice heard? You have our attention Mr. Dokubo, pls fire on!

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by ifihearam: 12:36pm On May 06, 2013
PointB: By the way, is Buhari not a murderer himself? Using retroactive law to execute citizen is murder in my book.

If Buhari a murderer can aspire for presidency, why can't Asari have his voice heard? You have our attention my Dokubo, pls fire on!

YES @BOLDED
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Asari Dokubo is a citizen of this country and is entitled to his opinion. Beside the fact that he comes from the same part of the country as GEJ, he is not in govt, neither does he speak for GEJ. He is not an elderstates man and I dont think he has ever worked for any govt.

Doing a piss-poor job than @beaf.. must be paid peanuts compared to @beaf's salary

3 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by fuckluv(f): 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
Let him lose first abi na im dey distribute peace

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by nep2ra(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
Someone should eternally silence this noise maker already.

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by outrage: 12:41pm On May 06, 2013
This clown should go and sit down..
What's his business in nigeria issue. I taught he's now a benin rebublican abi na ghanian.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by PointB: 12:43pm On May 06, 2013
ifihearam:

YES @BOLDED

That's it!!

If one murderer can aspire without let or hindrance to become president, then other murderers should at least have their voice heard. This, my friend, is the state of Nigeria.

As a matter of fact, he is entitled to his position and opinion. I know there are millions on Nigeria who silently agree with Mr. Asari Dokubo! Personally, I don't expect it to go down well in the Niger Delta if GEJ is pushed out of the presidency. I know there are some clown who thinks Nigeria is utopia. Let's them continue to be deluded.

A divided Nigeria is better for all of us as soon as possible.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Brainformater: 12:43pm On May 06, 2013

I LOVE YOUR COMMENT......YOU ARE INDEED ONE OF THE FEW NIGERIAN WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH......
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Ebestsmscom: 12:45pm On May 06, 2013
Buhari said his and went free, anybody can say whatever he/she feels like.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by omowolewa: 12:48pm On May 06, 2013
Post 2015 will be the years for security activities.

Nigera will be un governable if power doesn't return to the north - Boko brothers

No peace If Jonathan loses 2015- Asari (NigerDeltan).

The best thing is for 6-year single term scale through constitution review.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Siga: 12:48pm On May 06, 2013
When I read stuffs like this, I cry for the children and unborn kids of Nigeria....when will people have compassion in this country? Why do people believe its ok for you to have while others die because you are trying to have it all....even a dog has more compassion than these people....haven't you guys stolen enough? I am so confused and lost....when do people hate this country so much and hate their fellow HUMANS .... is it a crime to be a NIGERIAN? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by kaydibs(f): 12:49pm On May 06, 2013
Only in Nigeria!
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by PointB: 12:50pm On May 06, 2013
Ebestsms.com:
Buhari said his and went free, anybody can say whatever he/she feels like.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Na so.

If Buhari can tell Nigerians that Dogs and Baboons will be soaked in blood if he loses election, I don't think it is out place to remind him, and his supporters that the oil pipelines can be up in smoke if event turns out differently. It is called Mutually Assured Destruction - MAD! The language Nigeria understands.

2 Likes

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by 1shortblackboy: 12:51pm On May 06, 2013
Asari no na this kind talk no make sense na ! undecided
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by thelastPope(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2013

Why didnt you say this when the threats were coming from the north? Hypocrite. If you think it is a joke, then the joke is on you. You have no freaking clue. This is 2013!

1 Like

Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Costa2000(m): 12:53pm On May 06, 2013
Wahala dey ooooo,well nigeria go expire 2014.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by WIZGUY69(m): 12:54pm On May 06, 2013
undecided NOISE MAKER IN THE MAKING!! D man just dey make noise. D hausas and ijaws. Time don reach 4 una 2 relax..una time don dey reach 2 much noise dis dayz....
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by safarigirl(f): 12:55pm On May 06, 2013
Na today these ones start?
Mr. Asari go and pray you don't end up like Henry Okah when your benefactor (Jonathan) is booted out of Aso Rock with that lard of fat he's married to and the bloated pikin he has as a son.
Re: Dokubo-Asari: No Peace If Jonathan Loses 2015 by Bonapart(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2013
If dis man is not careful he will not see another sun shine.......na him papa get 9ja??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: NAIRAXI To Digitize Public Transport To Mitigate Adverse Effects / Celebrate Nigeria's Diversity - Posters' Rich Diversities. / FG Pays Usman Yusuf, Suspended NHIS Boss N13.8M After Indictment - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.