Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? (22964 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by fresheva(f): 5:45pm On May 13, 2006
why do people tend to open their eyes wide when they hear the name of the church deeperlife? I am a member and I don't see anything wrong in it.

<< Related: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Do Youths Run Away? >>
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 5:55pm On May 13, 2006
Thats like asking a mad man if he realizes he is mad. Once you are infected, you become blind to reality.

I am still doing some sturdies, but I am begining to think that the only way to put an end to madness would involve some sort of termination of . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ajisafe: 6:43pm On May 13, 2006
Ah! Afeni! Oh, my God! LOL!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by fresheva(f): 12:43pm On May 14, 2006
there is no need for you to be insultive, i simply asked for opinions not insult at least just mere courtsey for people should refrain you from calling them mad people or comparing them to one.
too bad really, too bad
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mamaput(f): 5:25pm On May 14, 2006
But you want to know why people open their eyes wide.
I Too will not want to have anything to do with any faith that controls their people.
It seems that people of these "Funny faiths fear their fellow members more than they fear God.
I dont loke Faiths were the talk is only of God will punish you if you Bla bla, bla.
What happened to God loves you.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by eveseh(f): 7:06pm On May 14, 2006
Afeni:

Thats like asking a mad man if he realizes he is mad. Once you are infected, you become blind to reality.

I am still doing some sturdies, but I am begining to think that the only way to put an end to madness would involve some sort of termination of . . . . grin

lol lol lol lol,are u serious?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2006
Eveseh, why, are my views too harsh? Maybe I can soften em a little to better suit your approval. . .
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by eveseh(f): 7:15pm On May 14, 2006
Afeni:

Eveseh, why, are my views too harsh? Maybe I can soften em a little to better suit your approval. . .

dont ask me ask yaself tongue tongue
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ikamefa(f): 7:18pm On May 14, 2006
Afeni:

tee! hee! oh my god!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by fresheva(f): 1:05pm On May 15, 2006
thnks for your views mamaput, but i think you should try and find out the truth of things before really confirming them, the truth of God's love for humanity is being preached in the church also, any way it depends on the way you feel about it at least i wasnt a member from birth

thanks eve, just help me tell Afeni to ask himself if his opinions were too harsh, i think people should be able to weigh thier opinions before expressing them here

its a nice church you just have to understand God and yourself and u'd be able to go to any church, what matters is your relationship with God
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2006
I luv listen to Pastor Kumuyi. At least I know he is annointed of God and he believes in the power of God to heal, save and deliver.

I will rather go there than go to a place where rather than show you who you are in Christ, they spend their time fighting demons and praying for the death of their enemies. They are so full of hatred.

This prayer point has now become popular among them:

All mine enemies, fall down and die!!! grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kimba(m): 10:50pm On May 15, 2006
* Before this thread results to: I Bash your Church and you bash Mine,
* before this thread results to: the war between the different facets of "Christianity", in a world where everybody is "born-again" and some are "born-against",
* before we Christians allow those who don't believe in God(who would cook up stories here and there about what never happened, just to discredit Jesus) begin to point a finger at us, a similar topic about the Deeper Life Bible Church, dealing with Youths was discussed here FYI: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-9651.0.html

@Mamaput: as you said
But you want to know why  people open their eyes wide.
I Too will not  want to have anything to do with any faith that controls their people.
It seems that people of  these "Funny faiths fear their fellow members more than they fear God.
I don't loke Faiths were the talk is only of God will punish you if you  Bla bla, bla.
What happened to God loves you.
I do not suppose you are a Christian, madam, and if you say you are, yet
I Too will not  want to have anything to do with any faith that controls their people.
I would ask you what you understand by Christianity if Christ is not in control of your life?

True madam, what happened to God Loves you? The DLBC doesnt preach "God will punish you blah, blah blah", at least ive heard a lot of Pastor Kumuyi's messages. The Church doesnt condemn, its only that a lot of people in Nigeria and around the world where the Church has branches arent so comfortable with the "Whole truth of the Bible".  Its Natural as a human to reject the hard way. To put it right, the Church dishes out the cold truth of the word of God, leaving no stone unturned, until one is forced to personally make a decision for Jesus or not.
Note: Salvation from sin is a Personal decision. The truth is always a bitter pill to swallow, but the difficulty in swallowing the bitter truth pill doesnt change the fact that its the truth.

Nothing happened to God Loves you, but truth is that the Bible is not all about God Loves you. God Loves you is the Truth, and He made Salvation to be Free for man, but Salvation is not Cheap. Salvation is Free, but its not Cheap. God had to close His eyes, turn his back on His only Son Jesus who carried the weight of Humanity's sins, He had to give His own life for Salvation just to make Free for us.

Example: My dad BOUGHT me a car on my 18th b-day. It was Free for me, but my dad paid for it. Now, if I begin to use the car to deal drugs, run from cops and killing people, I deserve to be punished, because I've made mockery of his gree-gift, and my dad definitely would get angry. He would be most pleased, seeing me daily using that car responsibly.

That is why:
God judgeth the righteous, and GOD is angry with the wicked every day." (Psalm 7:11, KJV)

One thing that bothers me, especially when people talk of the Deeper Life, for example is for example someone saying: "I know they preach the truth, but I can't just accept it". Now what could be worse than "I know Jesus is the way, but I can't follow",  "I know the Bible is true, but I can't obey", Mind you, its not the church not the pastor, but the word of God.

As I was saying earlier on, heres what ive come to believe:

its not the Church,
its not the Pastor,
Its You, your Bible and God,
its Me, my Bible and God.

Basic facts: regardless of whether this life labels one as rich/poor, literate/illiterate, religious/not, believes in Jesus/not, whatever position one might place himself/herself, whatever decision you might decide to take, or wherever the world, fate or circumstance places you in life, there are two basic things:
1) Every one will die someday,
2) What Next

A lot of people don't have issues with (1). Even scientists don't have issues with the fact that every man will one day die.
But with (2), a lot of people have mean issues, especially when they know they don't know where they are ending up.

God is Real, Satan is Real, Heaven is Real, Hell is Real. Your acceptance into Heaven or rejection and damnation into Hell will not be on the basis of a Church or Pastor, or someone here or there, it will be basically: What you did with Christs death on Calvary, what you did with the Bible.

There will be no more room for excuses:
"I was not told",
"I didnt like that Pastor",
"I didnt like his Church",
"I didnt accept that passage in the Bible, because the Pastor didnt teach it",

even all these Pastors will stand before God themselves, and they wont be defending anyone. The responsibility lies on everyman, regardless of what any Pastor/Church/denomination, preaches or doesnt preach:

JOHN. 5.39. "Search the scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life, and they are they which testify of me.

At the end of time, Twill be basically you and the Word of God: did you obey the Word of God?

To search the scriptures and to get its full understanding, you will need to free your mind from everything you have heard, seen or even come across. The Truth: God Speaks, but many don't have listening ears.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mamaput(f): 6:47am On May 16, 2006
You know something @ Kimba one can lie to anybody but not to themselves,
All these people that run around with their Bible in the hand exposing it , all these people that raise their hands in the air shout i am a Christin they disgust me.
The main thing as a Christan is that you have to be humble. Many churches in Nigeria are just like an Oscar Its only all about see and to be seen.Who was the best dressed.

Christ is in control of me yes but not church members that run to my house to hear dirty stories about my life.
If i want to stop comming to some church why do the church members terrorizer me.

Your telling me am not a Christan is also a good example of what i mean .
Who is the better Christian The one that shouts the loudestest?.
The one that keeps sinning and shouts for forgiveness the loudest.?

What of those that live a quit life , sit at the back of the church that you do not notice them and keep their bible in their bags .?

Noone knows what is in the heart. Meanwhile thses same so called wannabe go to heaven , asked them for a loaf of bread they will drive you out of their village,
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by diddy4(m): 6:57am On May 16, 2006
@ mamaput

go mama, go mama go mama go go. thats right girl, tell 'em. some of them came to my crib one day to give me the word of christ. when they saw the look on my face, they didnt need obasanjo to tell them to leave the fire alone before he starts burning you. i aint against their preaching the word of God but the fact that they try to control all and all.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 12:57pm On May 16, 2006
donnie:

I love listen to Pastor Kumuyi. At least I know he is annointed of God and he believes in the power of God to heal, save and deliver.

I will rather go there than go to a place where rather than show you who you are in Christ, they spend their time fighting demons and praying for the death of their enemies. They are so full of hatred.

This prayer point has now become popular among them:

All mine enemies, fall down and die!!! grin

BUHAHAHAH DONNIE YOU ARE SO RITE. i remember when me and my lover went back to nigeria, we entered this church haba kai walahi talahi, what i saw there no man can ever decribe it

i mean come and see people PRAYING FOR THE DEATH OF THEIR ENEMIES, SUCH PRAYERS GOES LIKE " father, kill this man, he is my enemy, take away everything he has, MAKE HIM SUFFER BLAH BLAH BLAH"

i mean what father will answer that kind of prayer, is it the same Jesus that i am serving or what. i don't remember the name of the church, but as soon as i ask my boo, i will let yall know.

i am not trying to judge a church, but THIS IS THE LAST DAYS, YOU QUESTION EVERYTHING YOU SEE OR HEAR
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 1:00pm On May 16, 2006
The one thing i enjoyed about deeper life when i was in my teens was going to Ayobo for the retreat, It used to be fun and excitement all in one. But the only problem was the lady that introduced us to that church was a heavy prayer warrior in that church with the natural hair and tying of turban. Housefellowship in her house and every monday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday, she will attend one program or the other.

But when this woman is beating her husband here, iraq war is child's play!!!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 1:02pm On May 16, 2006
I love MFM oh. Please don't diss that church!!! Its not a church u go to everyday sunday IMO but when overtake don dey overtake overtake,,,,,,,,,,,,,, MFM provides desperate measures for Desperate times and problems.

Every demonic satellite monitoring my progress, SCATTER !!!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 1:04pm On May 16, 2006
Ib, I am happy to see you enjoy being around losers.

Or why else would you be a Christian
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 1:07pm On May 16, 2006
Ib:

I love MFM oh. Please don't diss that church!!! Its not a church u go to everyday sunday IMO but when overtake don dey overtake overtake,,,,,,,,,,,,,, MFM provides desperate measures for Desperate times and problems.

Every demonic satellite monitoring my progress, SCATTER !!!!!!

hahahahaha, BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. MFM yea i think thats the name. can you please tell me the name of the church. i know MFM is the abbreviation
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 1:13pm On May 16, 2006
@idollier, MFM stands for Mountain of Fire and miracles.

@ Afeni, i used to attend mfm when i was a teenager and didnt have a choice, these days i spend my sundays reading and developing myself for the challenging and competitive world out there, instead of praying for a miracle that may never happen.

One more prayer point for u:-
Every "follow follow power, ur time is up! Fall down, catch fire and DIE.!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 1:15pm On May 16, 2006
Ib:

@idollier, MFM stands for Mountain of Fire and miracles.

One more prayer point for u:-
Every "follow follow power, your time is up! Fall down, catch fire and DIE.!!!!!!!!!!

yea buhahaha thanks a lot ooooo smiley,  abeg let me do my last prayer

"any enemy that  i will encounter today, let them fall down AND DIE, I SAY DIE, DIE DIE DIE. match am match am match am DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2006
woot!! Congrats IB cheesy

Its nice to see another Nigerian that is consumed by the madness.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:18pm On May 16, 2006
Afeni:

woot!! Congrats IB cheesy

Its nice to see another Nigerian that is consumed by the madness.
angry
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 1:18pm On May 16, 2006
You evil bird, that perches by my window in the morning and making noise, u are an enemy, Die by fire.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 1:20pm On May 16, 2006
Afeni, whose side are u on? Why u dey diss me now? None of these prayer points are directed to you oh!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 1:20pm On May 16, 2006
Ib:

You evil bird, that perches by my window in the morning and making noise, u are an enemy, Die by fire.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAH. let me stop ooo, before i catch fire and die ooo. already there mite be some ppl offended anywho

if anyone is offended with me, let them catch fire AND DIE IMMEDIATELY. i say DIEEEEEEEEEE grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by anon101(f): 1:21pm On May 16, 2006
I agree with ib MFM is the church, i used to attend the church when i was in nigeria. The thing i love most about the church is their deliverance service.  you fast from sunday and break on friday or sunday i cant really remember. There was this part they told us to shake our head and keep praying i did it  all of a sudden, i could feel something crawl out of my forehead. It was a great feeling i felt free.Most churches nowadays are into fashion and going to look for guys or girls. MFM IS NOT. you go there pray and go home . But i believe 1 thing whatever church you go to doesnt matter so far deep in your heart you accept the lord as your saviour and you do the right thing after all God is not going to judge us by the church we went to but by our heart and soul
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:22pm On May 16, 2006
Ib:

cheesy cheesy now thats funny! cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 1:22pm On May 16, 2006
I am on the side of all those that refuse to follow organized religioin. wink

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 1:23pm On May 16, 2006
blacknbold:

you fast from sunday and break on friday or sunday i can't really remember.

WOW shocked shocked. MOUNTAIN OF FIRE na u biko.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 1:28pm On May 16, 2006
Ah, before we came to the uk, we went for deliverance for 5 days in MFM! I could not cope with the dry fast oh! For 2 days no food no water. My brother and i used to go to the corner and eat oh! When we buy our food, the people selling ask us if we are for the deliverance program, and we said No, haba sister we are the workers in the church! But that was years ago.

One more prayer point

U satanic monitoring wall gecko, coming inside my house to monitor me and my progress, back to the SENDER, CARRY GO!!!!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2006
These deeper life Churches are the ultimate corruption of the minds of our once decent people. They corrupt the youth and introduce new divinities. They use false tales about witches and wizards to cover their theft of the morals of society. If they are allowed to succeed, we will return to find that we know longer have a state. cry

The government should ban them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Become An Atheist / TB Joshua Prophesied The Boston Marathon Explosions Since January / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.