Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Canadian Study Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Study Permit (4706 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Study Permit by aydewale: 4:23am On Apr 18, 2008
Hi, I am a young Nigerian lawyer under 30. By the grace of God, I have a good job and I earn around 3 million a year. I also have very good grades from Uni and Law school. I got admission and full scholarship to study in a Canadian Uni. By that very fact, I require a study permit and I need assistance in that regard. Please help.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by PrinceJoe1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2008
Hey,congrats for such sponsorship. That's really great. I don't have info on canadian study permit but I'd please like to know how you got this scholarship and how I can apply for it. Canada is a place that I'd really like to study and would grab any opportunity to study there. I have a B.Sc in Geology. I would really appreciate any info on this.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by KollyBobo: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2008
u need to go to the embassey to apply for student visa first or rather forward all your docs to American Embassey in Lagos and pay for the application fee for the canadian study visa .They will have to process the stuff for you, u dont have to go to Ghana b4 the process is done .

I will love to know aw far

All the best bro
Re: Canadian Study Permit by debendel: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2008
A friend of mine once had the same scholarship offer and had to travel to their consulate in Ghana before he got the visa but that was way back 2001/2. Anyway best of luck. Can u please send how u went about getting the admission and scholarship. i am very much interested. kindly pass necessary information
Re: Canadian Study Permit by clareomiz(f): 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2008
Hi Wale,
First of all, let me congratulate you! I know U must have worked very hard for this! But let me quickly say that I was in your shoes exactly 2 years ago! Dont have any fears, I believe if you do the right things you'll get your student visa early enough! Mine was a fully paid scholarship to study in Ontario, canada for Masters program! I was denied twice simply because I was deemed not to have "permanent ties" with my home country. What they meant here was that I wasnt married and that I wasnt likely to return after my study. So my advise for you is:
1. before you even submit your application, ask for the school to write directly to the Canadian Deputy High commisioner in Lagos directly intimating them of your addmission into their school.
2. Have enough evidence to show you'll return i. e A good job, letter from employer granting you leave/ absence from work for the period of study, share certficates or C of O of landed property,marriage certificate, vehicle papers e t c. In my own case, I neither had a job nor was I married.
3. adequate proof of sufficient funds for the period of your study in canada.

and so on & so forth, infact, if to say i know wetin I know now dat time, walahi, dem for no fit bounce me. But the good news na say your case different cos you get somebodi to advise u. I wish you all the best! please remember you cannot appeal against the decision of the visa officer once you are refused! so get ur acts rite bro!

cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Study Permit by Emmyz: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2008
Good news bro, am happy for u. i think you should just follow what this guy said, cos
my neighbour had to travel to Ghana then too, but doing what they said above could just help you.
However, dont be selfish about this success i would really appreciate if you can pls forward how
u got the scholarship to me on:

Thanks really appreciate if u could do this for me.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by ibkajilore: 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2008
Good for you and it's an opportunity for u to develop ur self.just use it well.
but pls i need the info of hw u got the scholarship this is my mail address.
ibkajilore@yahoo.com
i will be expectant.
Re: Canadian Study Permit by aydewale: 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hello
Re: Canadian Study Permit by chukie94: 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Hi everyone, i submitted my study visa application since 5 weeks now, I haven't heard anything from em yet, as regards wat next to do, pls does anyone have an idea wats going on?? thanx,
Re: Canadian Study Permit by mrnilobrawn: 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
aydewale:
Hello
Hi, is there away i can reach you?

(1) (Reply)

Explanation Needed On A Schengen Visa / Flights To Anambra (nnewi) / Sweden Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.