Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria (6042 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today! / Chichi Igbo Celebrates Legalization Of Gay Marriage In US (Pics) / Highest Paid Athletes In The World (sept 2014 ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by mukina2: 10:43pm On May 07, 2013
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1097733_DSC_0326_JPG66d776721c81e671559a2fa77382a0b6[/img]
L-R : Mr. Vincent Egbe, Mrs. Tope Iluyemi, Mr. Rufai Peter, his mom, Mrs. Ifeoma Emeter and Mrs. Ehinomen Enekabor at the 'Thank You Mom' event hosted by Procter and Gamble to celebrate mothers of Olympians’ in Nigeria at the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria Complex in Lagos.

Press Release
Lagos, 6 May 2013: As part of its commitment to recognise and celebrate mothers of athletes worldwide, Procter and Gamble Nigeria hosted a ‘Thank You Mom’ event to celebrate mothers of Olympians’ in Nigeria at the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria Complex in Lagos.

Present at the event were the wife of Head of Service, Lagos State, Mrs Adenike Ogunlewe representing the First Lady of Lagos State, Dame Abimbola Fashola; the permanent secretary of Youth and Sports, Dr. Oshinyimika representing the Commissioner of Youth and Sports, Barrister Waheed Oshodi; President, Nigerian Olympians Association, Henry Amike; Renowned Musician, Onyeka Onwenu; Olympic Silver Medallist, Chief Falilat Ogunkoya Omotayo MON; CSP Nigerian Police Force and Olympic Gold Medallist, Chioma Ajunwa amongst others.

In her address of welcome, Head, Government Relations, Procter and Gamble Nigeria, Tope Iluyemi said, Procter and Gamble is a proud sponsor of moms worldwide, for their tirelessly contributing to the development of their children.
“Procter and Gamble is a proud sponsor of moms, and this event is one of the ways we honour moms for the tireless efforts they contribute towards the development of their children. We recognize that behind every amazing athlete is an even more amazing mom. Being in the business of helping moms, with brands that make everyday life a little easier, P&G is the proud sponsor of moms in every aspect our business.

Iluyemi further stated that in 2010, P&G signed a 10 year partnership with the International Olympians Committee (IOC) to support the Olympics games and develop youth sports globally and P&G has begun fulfilling that promise locally by donating to 3000 schools across the country as well as renovating sports facilities in various schools pan Nigeria.
Brand Operations Leader, Procter and Gamble West Africa, Mrs Ehinomen Enekabor in her speech said “the Thank You Mom campaign recognizes and celebrates the moms behind the athletes by thanking moms for all they do, and is part of P&G’s 10 year worldwide partnership with the International Olympians Committee (IOC) and we are using our voice as an IOC partner to thank moms everywhere.”

The ‘Thank You Mom’ campaign started in 2011 Enekabor said, “And it came to life through variety of media channels and in-stores across the globe. As part of the campaign, we have committed to raise $5 million to support local youth sports programs in many countries and we have started the donations in schools across Nigeria.”

Speaking on reasons why Procter and Gamble is focusing on youth sports development, Enekabor related that, “We wanted to do something that would make a significant difference to moms all over the world so we asked moms in several countries that we could we do to honour them for all they do for their kids and they told is that there was no better way to support moms than by supporting local youth sports organizations for kids. We agree with moms; investing in tomorrow’s champions has to start today.

At P&G we maintain that, ‘Promises made... promises kept’ and we intend to keep our promise to the Nigerian people to continue to develop youths’ sports.”

Excitedly, mother to Nations Cup Gold Medallist Peter Rufai, Mrs. Ifeoma Emeter said she is happy that Procter and Gamble has promised to develop sporting facilities and youth athletes in Nigeria “I am so for the promise the made to children and the love they have for mothers. May God bless Procter and Gamble. I am very proud of my son and most especially for seeing what he has become today; he has made me proud and the family.”
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by Krasid(m): 11:37pm On May 07, 2013
am i the oga at d top?
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 07, 2013
EL RUFAI, PETER RUFAI, THAT IS. PETER RUFAI IS LIKE 60 OR SO AND HIS MUM LOOKS 50 shocked
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by paulworld(m): 11:51pm On May 07, 2013
am sorry i can't give a comment, because my oga at the top maybe thinking differently
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by ZN2: 11:53pm On May 07, 2013
What a collection of diverse people in the picture. undecided

Nice Initiative though. Kudos to them.
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by PopupBlocker: 11:53pm On May 07, 2013
Coldfeet: Are you okay? Why would you refer to a human being created by God! Someone's wife and mother as whale? you think u are perfect? Comments like this amaze me! Is it meant to be funny?

Obesity complications dont discriminate.
Hope you aren't blocking someone's sunlight with that rice bag you call bakassi
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27am On May 08, 2013
obadiah777: EL RUFAI, PETER RUFAI, THAT IS. PETER RUFAI IS LIKE 60 OR SO AND HIS MUM LOOKS 50 shocked
My brother! me tire for them oo
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by GeneralJ(m): 2:37am On May 08, 2013
i wonder what all these people with hidden post said??, i can't imagine any tribalistic post, so what did they said?
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by PopupBlocker: 2:54am On May 08, 2013
GeneralJ: i wonder what all these people with hidden post said??, i can't imagine any tribalistic post, so what did they said?

They said "gbagaun"
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by devigblegble: 3:50am On May 08, 2013
Omo una go fear hidden post die embarassed
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by Temismith(f): 5:36am On May 08, 2013
Eh ya! Thank God for dem.
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by chymystique(f): 5:57am On May 08, 2013
HMmmmmm.. Wat an Initiative undecided undecided
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by kennyonthrone(m): 6:43am On May 08, 2013
Popup Blocker:

Obesity complications dont discriminate.
Hope you aren't blocking someone's sunlight with that rice bag you call bakassi
wat is dis one saying
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by toprealman: 7:18am On May 08, 2013
Is this not the same Peter Rufai accused of misappropriating funds in Belgium?
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by zumbigbo(m): 7:34am On May 08, 2013
see correct naija pesins...
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by tejpot(m): 7:38am On May 08, 2013
Popup Blocker:

They said "gbagaun"
Plus another gbagaun!
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On May 08, 2013
Ok
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by Tabawababy(f): 12:45pm On May 08, 2013
Pls are they the makers of Nasco complex?
Re: Procter & Gamble Celebrates Moms Of Athletes In Nigeria by lullabi: 5:36pm On May 09, 2013
angryWhat about the Dads of atheletes in Nigeria? @ Gender equality, I hear you.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Equatorial Guinea [London 2012 Olympic Qualifier: Ends 5-0] / Usain Bolt Runs 100m in 9.58s / Wwe Champions 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.