Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested (13928 Views)

Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by bcomputer101: 5:53am On May 08, 2013
Reps, Niger Gov want Dokubo-Asari, Kuku Arrested

The House of Representatives on Tuesday asked the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, to quiz ex-militant, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, over his latest comment that there would be no peace in Nigeria if President Goodluck Jonathan was not re-elected in 2015.

In a separate statement, Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu also asked security agencies to arrest Dokubo-Asari for alleged treasonable offence.

In a resolution in Abuja, the federal lawmakers said Dokubo-Asari’s statement was “capable of causing disaffection in Nigeria.”

Dokubo-Asari is the Leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force.

Dokubo-Asari threat came on the heels of a similar statement credited to the Presidential Adviser on Amnesty, Mr. Kingsley Kuku.

Both Dokubo-Asari and Kuku are Jonathan’s kinsmen from the South-South zone of the country.

The Reps said the police authorities should interrogate both men to clarify their statements.

The House resolution also mandated its Joint Committee on Police Affairs/Internal Security to investigate the matter and produce a report.

A member from Kano State, Mr. Ali Madaki, had drawn the attention of the House to Dokubo-Asari’s comment under matters of urgent public importance.

Madaki called on the Federal Government to “check the utterances of some Nigerians capable of causing disaffection in Nigeria,” citing Dokubo-Asari and Kuku’s statements as examples.

He noted that the threat and the reference to the 2015 presidential poll could heat up the polity, “thereby causing unnecessary tension and anxiety in this country.”

The motion was not debated at the Tuesday’s session presided over by the Speaker, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, but lawmakers endorsed the motion in a unanimous voice vote.

Dokubo-Asari, while addressing journalists in Abuja, had threatened that the country would not know peace if Jonathan was not re-elected.

He was also quoted as saying that militancy and struggle for control of oil and gas resources in the Niger-Delta region would be re-ignited after the Jonathan presidency.

According to him, the relative peace in the region is due to the fact that Jonathan is the President and not the amnesty declared by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Dokubo-Asari had said, “I called this briefing because of events that are unfolding in the polity.

“Recently, the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, made a statement in the United States of America, that the peace being enjoyed in the Niger Delta will not be guaranteed if President Goodluck Jonathan is not returned as President of Nigeria in 2015.

“This statement has been supported by several groups from the region.

“Also, the statement has been attracting reactions from several quarters, expectedly from the Action Congress of Nigeria and others.

“I want to go on to say that, there will be no peace, not only in the Niger Delta, but everywhere if Goodluck Jonathan is not president by 2015, except God takes his life, which we don’t pray for.

“Jonathan has uninterruptible eight years of two terms to be president, according to the Nigeria constitution.

“We must have our uninterrupted eight years of two tenure, I am not in support of any amendment of the constitution that will reduce the eight years of two tenure that Goodluck Jonathan is expected to be president of Nigeria.”

While receiving members of the House of Representatives Committee on Education, led by Honourable Aminu Sule, who visited him in Minna, Aliyu described the statement credited to Asari Dokubo as “unfortunate and inciting,” saying “by now the security agencies should have arrested him for treason”.

He said, “You don’t win election by frightening people and even if you win, the victory will be pyrrhic”.

While asking politicians to advise their supporters to watch their tongues, the Niger State governor said some statements were capable of causing disunity in the country.

“We should bring discipline to our politics; we should be a nation of rules, so that our country would move forward,” he said.

Meanwhile, Kuku on Tuesday denied reports quoting him as having said that there would be violence in the country if Jonathan was not re-elected in 2015.

Kuku said that the statement he made at the American Department of State was wrongly reported by a section of the media.

The President’s aide said that he made a call on Nigerians to give yet another opportunity to the President to continue in office to ensure implementation of agreements reached between the leaders of the Niger Delta ex- militants and the late President Umaru Yar’Adua that offered them amnesty.

He said that the Yar’Adua administration repeatedly assured the leaders of the various militant groups in the region that the government would take a conscious step to develop the Niger Delta.

That promise, according to him, has not been fulfilled.

http://www.punchng.com/news/reps-niger-gov-want-dokubo-asari-kuku-arrested/
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by headtoto: 6:38am On May 08, 2013
What threat has Dokubo made that Buhari and those Northern politicians hasnt made worse since 2011?

51 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Acidosis(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2013
Arrest

Asari Dokubo
Buhari
Kingsley Kuku
Borno state governor
Niger state governor
Kano state governor
Shekarau

Also among those to be arrested are;
Yar'adua's corpse (for granting amnesty)
Abacha's corpse
Re-arrest former Bayelsa state governor
El-Rufai
Bankole
Atiku
IBB
OBJ
Minister of Petroleum

17 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by windows8: 7:30am On May 08, 2013
Acidosis: Arrest

Asari Dokubo
Buhari
Kingsley Kuku
Borno state governor
Niger state governor
Kano state governor
Shekarau

Also among those to be arrested are;
Yar'adua's corpse (for granting amnesty)
Abacha's corpse
Re-arrest former Bayelsa state governor
El-Rufai
Bankole
Atiku
IBB
OBJ
Minister of Petroleum
you forgot to add our own osama bin uduaghan

7 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by windows8: 7:35am On May 08, 2013
On a more serious note, such statements cannot be said by anyone without serious backing at the top, GEJ is speaking through him, threaten and telling us indirectly of what to expect aftermath, funny country with cue less leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by mekaboy(m): 7:49am On May 08, 2013
windows8: On a more serious note, such statements cannot be said by anyone without serious backing at the top, GEJ is speaking through him, threaten and telling us indirectly of what to expect aftermath, funny country with cue less leaders.

Another reason a northern president cannot be trusted. They are self centered. When buhari, atiku and the rest made their treats, even when Nigeria saw the effects of the threat after 2011 elections, they never called for arrest.

I still repeat that the only reason jonathan is still president is because an igboman is incharge of the army. If not they wld have over thrown his govt.

Hypocrites. Claiming one Nigeria, yet the protect their own. The same way yaraduas wife never condemned boko haram activities or sympathize with victims. All she talks about is amnesty.

27 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by austinsmat(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2013
when buhari said blood and baboo fight no body arrest him all this northerner should mind themselves

7 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by headtoto: 9:20am On May 08, 2013
windows8: On a more serious note, such statements cannot be said by anyone without serious backing at the top, GEJ is speaking through him, threaten and telling us indirectly of what to expect aftermath, funny country with cue less leaders.

You need to engage your brain before you speak sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Vado(m): 9:30am On May 08, 2013
austinsmat: when buhari said blood and baboo fight no body arrest him all this northerner should mind themselves

Dude i'm equally perplexed at these talks emanating from these primitive preeks. Buhari said worse even painted mental images in our heads yet none of these so called northern leaders came out to rebuke such so what's this noise about? Mtshcw

And btw, there's this erroneous notion on nairaland about all yorubas having automatic cordial relationship with northerners. Maybe your judgements are based on acn & cpc's alliances but this generalisation has to stop cos it's not the reflection of the entire yoruba entity. I have no ounce of affirnity for anything buhari as a person or politician neither I'm I pro-jonathan. Voted Ribadu in the last election so it's not like I'm anti-north, his records justified that. This generalisation on NL makes me sick tho.

6 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Kulas: 9:31am On May 08, 2013
So Nigeria has no House of Representatives when Buhari,Ciroma,Atiku etc made such statement?,and yet we are witnessing that what they said is happening since GEJ become the president of this nation and till today that same house of reps did not call for investigation or their arrest.Why then should Asari be investigated?,my southern brothers and sisters,lets rise up to the challenges and confront all these Northern Aboki's who think Nigeria's presidential seat is their birth right by taking us for a ride.Let this country be divided,how many times will i say this.If anybody investigates or arrest Asari and we keep quiet,that means we have accepted to be a second class citizens in our own country.

17 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by windows8: 10:20am On May 08, 2013
head_to_to:

you that have engaged ur brain, wht hav u to say? The truth is always bitter
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by headtoto: 11:12am On May 08, 2013
windows8: you that have engaged ur brain, wht hav u to say? The truth is always bitter

Exactly. The truth is always bitter.
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:16am On May 08, 2013
hahaha! Dis same police mend kill like ant... undecided Even the police have fear.cool

Bastard northern gov and rep dat can't call Boko to order.Asari is not from Niger State. tongue

1 Like

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by RiKKies001: 11:18am On May 08, 2013
I see this coming when he was threatening the Nigeria indirectly.

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Nobody: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
These buffoons did not ask the police to arrest Buhari when he openly called for violence before the 2011 general elections. . .a call that was heeded by his blood-thirsty followers who proceeded to slaughter innocent youth corps members and hundreds of other southerners. Na devil go punish those fools, including that ugly, self-important monster in Niger state that calls himself "Chief Servant".

4 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by SlyIg(f): 11:26am On May 08, 2013
Na politics...
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Tintinix: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
Kulas: So Nigeria has no House of Representatives when Buhari,Ciroma,Atiku etc made such statement?,and yet we are witnessing that what they said is happening since GEJ become the president of this nation and till today that same house of reps did not call for investigation or their arrest.Why then should Asari be investigated?,my southern brothers and sisters,lets rise up to the challenges and confront all these Northern Aboki's who think Nigeria's presidential seat is their birth right by taking us for a ride.Let this country be divided,how many times will i say this.If anybody investigates or arrest Asari and we keep quiet,that means we have accepted to be a second class citizens in our own country.

My People, Na southerner talk am na... why are you behaving like you dont get it!!!

Somebody in another post is looking forward to the trial of GEJ when he leaves office and I concurred that such a thing can happen abi him no be southerner again? Now this.. i aint surprised.

The sacrificial lamb of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by lonelydora: 11:26am On May 08, 2013
When Buhari and Atiku made their threat in 2011, were they arrested? Nonsense. Ihejirika is the only person holding GEJ on that seat.

4 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by darlynlara(f): 11:27am On May 08, 2013
[quote
author=windows8]On a more serious note, such statements cannot be said
by anyone without serious backing at the top, GEJ is speaking through
him, threaten and telling us indirectly of what to expect aftermath,
funny country with cue less leaders.[/quote] oh please give the man a break jaare did it eva come to ur thought that what dey are gainin from him is much atleast they hav to pretend they support him if they stil want milk and honey
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by esere826: 11:32am On May 08, 2013
The threats made by Asari Dokubo were not the rantings of a mad man
It was very strategic

What he was doing was presenting the same recipe of threats that Ciroma's group dished out when he insisted that the north must rule or else Nigeria will be ungovernable
(Buhari's own statement on the matter in hausa appears to have been purposefully misquoted in english)

You would recall that after Goodluck ended up wining, hell was escallated in the core north

Dokubo is simply craftilly demonstrating that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

SMH for Nigeria
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Delafruita(m): 11:33am On May 08, 2013
Vado:

Dude i'm equally perplexed at these talks emanating from these primitive preeks. Buhari said worse even painted mental images in our heads yet none of these so called northern leaders came out to rebuke such so what's this noise about? Mtshcw

And btw, there's this erroneous notion on nairaland about all yorubas having automatic cordial relationship with northerners. Maybe your judgements are based on acn & cpc's alliances but this generalisation has to stop cos it's not the reflection of the entire yoruba entity. I have no ounce of affirnity for anything buhari as a person or politician neither I'm I pro-jonathan. Voted Ribadu in the last election so it's not like I'm anti-north, his records justified that. This generalisation on NL makes me sick tho.
did buhari ever threaten bloodshed if he is not voted in as president?he simply said people should guard their votes and that any attempt to steal the votes of the people or rig the elections will lead to the people revolting hence,violence.did he ever say if he's not elected there will be no peace?if he did,please post the source and let us all see

9 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Greatken007(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2013
head_to_to:

There is nothing he can do about his brain cus he is sufering frm brain eruption
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by Delafruita(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2013
lonelydora: When Buhari and Atiku made their threat in 2011, were they arrested? Nonsense. Ihejirika is the only person holding GEJ on that seat.
so a coup cannot be planned without ihejirika?
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by playcharles(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2013
when buhari said their will be no peace if he did not win 2011 presidential election which we are experiencing now! no arrest was made oooo...
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by ngooka: 11:41am On May 08, 2013
Stupid reps and idiot governor, who arrest buhari when he said there will be no peace if Jonathan win? And its happening for him
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by playcharles(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2013
Delafruita:
did buhari ever threaten bloodshed if he is not voted in as president?he simply said people should guard their votes and that any attempt to steal the votes of the people or rig the elections will lead to the people revolting hence,violence.did he ever say if he's not elected there will be no peace?if he did,please post the source and let us all see
will require you ask the owner of this forum to share more light on what buhari said
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by omocheche(f): 11:42am On May 08, 2013
Somebody said that in the past and nothing happen to him now, why Asari's now? some people are above the law?
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:44am On May 08, 2013
windows8: you forgot to add our own osama bin uduaghan
pls add Maina
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by zeennurei(m): 11:45am On May 08, 2013
Kulas: So Nigeria has no House of Representatives when Buhari,Ciroma,Atiku etc made such statement?,and yet we are witnessing that what they said is happening since GEJ become the president of this nation and till today that same house of reps did not call for investigation or their arrest.Why then should Asari be investigated?,my southern brothers and sisters,lets rise up to the challenges and confront all these Northern Aboki's who think Nigeria's presidential seat is their birth right by taking us for a ride.Let this country be divided,how many times will i say this.If anybody investigates or arrest Asari and we keep quiet,that means we have accepted to be a second class citizens in our own country.

People are just saying what they dont know, bros can you show me where Buhari said such? please always be saying things that you have evidence upon not just what you are hearing people saying.

3 Likes

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by arabbaddo12: 11:47am On May 08, 2013
sentiments in the nigeria system...i just pray we get to the promise land we have been hoping for sha
Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by EveryLadY(f): 11:47am On May 08, 2013
Delafruita:
so a coup cannot be planned without ihejirika?

You don't have to seek permission on Nairaland before you plot one,do you?

1 Like

Re: Reps, Gov Aliyu Want Dokubo-Asari & Kuku Arrested by omocheche(f): 11:48am On May 08, 2013
Supported. Useless aboki people let them try it and they will see wht they are looking for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Office Burnt In Benue State / El-zakzaky Drags FG To Court, Demands N2bn General Damages / 7 Employees Of Macmahon Kidnapped In Calabar, Cross River, Driver Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.