Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? (3388 Views)

What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / When Last Did You Pray For Your Country? / How Long You Pray - Does It Really Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by godlyguy(m): 5:50am On May 09, 2013
Just wanting to know if they deserve our prayers!
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by headtoto: 6:57am On May 09, 2013
u don repent first?
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by slimyem: 10:12am On May 09, 2013
...Only if prayers do work for such things which I seriously doubt at this point.
The one most churches render day in and out haven't worked any wonders so far undecided

We the people who vote these politicians in office need the prayers more.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:15am On May 09, 2013
Repent ke? Shey na the kind repent wey OBJ repented when he stepped down from the presidential seat, the man even answered Rev self.
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Krasid(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2013
Who told you we have not tried before?
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 09, 2013
If we vote ungodly people into power, I do not see why we should pray for them to repent. The Bible says when the righteous rule, the people rejoice. Let us ensure we vote Godly people who can do the job into government so that we wouldnt be spending our prayers praying for them not to be corrupt. Vote the right people and this topic will not be necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by KingPradas(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2013
Nigerians relies on prayers to much. That is one of the reason when our politicians are doing what ever they like, when they steal an ordinary Nigerian would say god will catch him. Instead of us to make them regrett thier actions.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Fourcade(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2013
I never finish pray for myself and family, na polithiefians I go pray for undecided
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by gen2briz(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2013
I never finish praying for myself and my family, so why I go come be baba fire for them
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Scarpon(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2013
yes I will pray for my country

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by mccooler(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2013
Heaven will always rejoice when a sinner repents. why not?! I'll always pray for them . the Bible say's the PEOPLE rejoice when the righteous rule. Pray for them
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by egift(m): 10:23am On May 09, 2013
After they finished enjoying their loot, you still want them to avoid prosecution? Seriously?
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Samelfisha(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2013
undecided
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 09, 2013
Yes i would.
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by egift(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2013
Do you know how many people that will welcome N200billion or more and gladly accept 2yrs imprisonment.

If the he wants repentance, he have enough time in jail to conclude his prayer sessions.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by theripper3: 10:27am On May 09, 2013
A complete waste of time in my own opinion. Most Nigerians are largely pharisaical and would do worse if elected to those positions. What we need is an effective and disinterested justice system or capital punishment for politicians and thieves. We have prayed enof and it aint solving shait. Japan, Germany , china have little or no prayer warriors and they are progressing. Nigeria with all the lustrous churches, mosques and shrines is retrogressing daily.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 09, 2013
get off your knees brothers!!!
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 09, 2013
mccooler: Heaven will always rejoice when a sinner repents. why not?! I'll always pray for them . the Bible say's the PEOPLE rejoice when the righteous rule. Pray for them

Keep voting sinners and corrupt people because they come from your tribe and then you expect to pray for them when they get there. Nigeria is the only country I see where people think prayer can replace hardwork. I am a Christain. Bible says faith without works is dead. We will keep voting idiots becuase they come from our tribe, then we will kneel down and start praying. Some of these people have made all sorts of covenants with the devil. Vote wisely!

4 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by ichommy(m): 10:30am On May 09, 2013
I dey mad
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Walexz02(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2013
No I wont.
I'll rather pray for the country and vote for good people.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 09, 2013
It's like praying that seun should revisit rule number 17, total waste of time.

You either act up against them, or endure.

Repentance is in their hearts, their total decision.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Walejana: 10:31am On May 09, 2013
The bible says we should pray for those in authority, if you refuse to pray for them you are hurting yourself.[color=#990000][/color] [/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode] http://mytestimonys..com/2013/05/god-made-billionaires.html
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Jilo83(m): 10:32am On May 09, 2013
They need our prayer
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Israel5(m): 10:37am On May 09, 2013
God does not answer such prayers.. if he does, we would have seen results by now. Repentance aint by force anyways!

3 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by oloriooko(m): 10:37am On May 09, 2013
yes of course angry
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Damojo: 10:40am On May 09, 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I would pray for them to remain the same. They can't largesse like this and still go to paradise...God forbid!
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Ferdinandu(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2013
I do that almost everyday.You never know how God works,one righteous man's prayer can change the course of a Nation
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by UgooJosh: 10:40am On May 09, 2013
Well, my take on this is that we should simply pray for Good Governance. These politicians must not repent, for them to deliver. My assertion is based on the scripture that records that ''The heart of the King is in God's hand...''
As for their repentance, i can only smile.

1 Like

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by egift(m): 10:41am On May 09, 2013
The politician no get mouth?
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 09, 2013
The scripture says, Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach.

We can do Revival, pray, fast and seek God to change the situation. But you know that something is fundamentally wrong, when a growing number of people see something that is naturally and divinely abnormal to be totally normal and acceptable. And tend to see those who think otherwise as abnormal and uncivilized.

The scripture also say, that the prayer of the righteous man means so much. I understand God said in the scripture, that if there is three, two or one righteous persons, he will spare the city of, i think Sodom and Gomorrah.

In Nigeria case, the politicians see themselves as Smart( Earthly smart/wisdom), they device ways and means to oppress the common man and step on the downtrodden in arrogance and deceit. They are proud of this and it seems they do so intentionally. Therefore, their end and downfall will be disastrous if they won't read the handwriting on the wall and give glory to the Jehovah Adonai by doing what is RIGHT AND JUST.

Having said all that, Change is possible, albeit fundamentally. It starts with you and me. Faith without work is dead.

Shalom cool

2 Likes

Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by Nautillus(m): 10:43am On May 09, 2013
waste of everyone's time.
Re: Would You Pray For Politicians In Nigeria To Repent? by donbazini: 10:44am On May 09, 2013
Y waste precious prayer when heaven can only help those who wish to be helped or repent from their evil deeds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scriptures Expounded: Reincarnation Is Scriptural! Elijah ... - Matthew 11:12-15 / Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod / Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.