Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs (5149 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. / American Ridicules Lagos From The Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by awodman: 7:49am On May 09, 2013
The Lagos State Government yesterday confirmed that the federal government had installed 906 close circuit television (CCTV) cameras to boost security of lives and property in different parts of the state.

The state government also faulted reports that the federal government had stayed action on the installation of the CCTV cameras in the state, revealing that the project would soon be formally inaugurated.

The Commissioner for Science and Technology, Mr. Adebiyi Mabadeje, disclosed the development at a news conference at the state secretariat, Alausa, explaining that the federal government rolled out 1,000 CCTV cameras in the state.

Mabadeje, who addressed the conference alongside his information and strategy counterpart, Mr. Aderemi Ibirogba, added that the federal government had been working with the state government to make the project a success.

He said the state government did a pilot of CCTV only in three locations in the state, noting that it installed in three places including Falomo Bridge, Third Mainland Bridge and one other place and the aim was to check the effectiveness of the concept.

He said the pilot scheme was a successful exercise and there was a plan to take it to all parts of the state before the federal government had approached the state government that it was running the installation of the CCTV project.

According to him, the federal government listed Abuja and Lagos as the two cities that would benefit from the programme.

“When they started, they engaged the Lagos State Government. We concluded that why the state government would spend tax-payers money on what the federal government has concluded plans to install in the state.

He added that the federal government “rolled out a thousand cameras in Lagos State as a start, but about 906 have been installed. This represents the number that the state government has physically seen. We have been working with the central government on this. The cameras will not be everywhere now.

“But we know that the intention of the central government is to deploy it to all the nooks and crannies of the state. It will roll out to other areas that are more remote in the state. The project started with urban areas. The project has not been abandoned. It is in phases. There is not any stay action from the federal government.

“The project is ongoing and this is contrary to the notion that the project has been abandoned. I have been to their command centre in Ikeja. We hope to close all the open ends with the Federal Government as soon as possible for the project to commence full activities,” the commissioner explained

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-instals-906-cctv-cameras-in-lagos/147088/

1 Like

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by idy15: 7:55am On May 09, 2013
The ones installed in Abuja where are there today, what is the working conditions of them, i hope the Government of Lagos State, will exhibit a good maintenance culture, to help this work. I can Imagine that in less than one week the Bolton Marathon Bomber was capture, all in the help of Security Camera, Please don't let this costly project be a waste
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Nobody: 8:08am On May 09, 2013
And it took them tis long to come out clean?lemme know wat dose that lay curses on GEJ have to say about this confession

3 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Nobody: 8:22am On May 09, 2013
It is very obvious that the FG didn't want Fashola to take the glory in that aspect.

Another canker worm that's eating Nigeria; is the dirty pride in our leaders.

My question is, WHY ARE THERE NO CCTV CAMERAS IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY?
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by headtoto: 8:54am On May 09, 2013
Stoopid posters and responses. Is these all you could say in response. You cant even appreciate the fact that the LASG came out to dispell the rumours told on this forum about how the federal government stopped the installation of CCTV cameras in Lagos, when in actual fact the FG has installed almost 1k cameras.

2 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by karlmax2: 9:14am On May 09, 2013
Those that claimed this FG project as fasholes own and rolled out another propoganda that FG stopped their camera project won't come to this thread, no wonder the lagos state government and other AC.N states have been against the good government tour.I expect more confession from them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by awodman: 11:05am On May 09, 2013
emmysenior: It is very obvious that the FG didn't want Fashola to take the glory in that aspect.

Another canker worm that's eating Nigeria; is the dirty pride in our leaders.

My question is, WHY ARE THERE NO CCTV CAMERAS IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY?
Did you even read through??..The Lagos Commissioner said explicitly that their collaboration with FG is on course..the point of this thread is to counter the falsehood that was peddled here which made it front page..
@mods this should also get to front page

1 Like

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Ngwakwe: 11:26am On May 09, 2013

8. Don't post false information on
Nairaland.

What should be done to those who circulated the previous malicious propaganda and distorted news against FG and cursed the living hell on GEJ.

Hatred is fuelling most criticisms so to say on the general performance of Mr President.

GEJ has his weak points but not as magnified by some opposition and sectional media.

Calling Mr President all sorts of names is never gonna force him to resign and hand over to the opposition before 2015.

7 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by FrankC3: 11:39am On May 09, 2013
idy15: The ones installed in Abuja where are there today, what is the working conditions of them, i hope the Government of Lagos State, will exhibit a good maintenance culture, to help this work. I can Imagine that in less than one week the Bolton Marathon Bomber was capture, all in the help of Security Camera, Please don't let this costly project be a waste

What do you know about cameras installed in Abuja? You don't just type anything you feel like and press 'submit' because you have access to internet. How many are they? Where is the control center? Which office coordinates it? If you have not answer to these questions, then you should not be talking about cameras installed in Abuja. You people conjure dilapidation and nonperformance in your mind and project it as facts and even go ahead to argue further claims based on such assumptions.

8 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by solomon111(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2013
Front page please.
I want to see how the ACN moronns will manipulate this report.

2 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by ojubi(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2013
Send this to the front page ASAP. Let us hear from Gwawe and co. Pathological liers and haters.

1 Like

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by duality(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2013
Even Femi Falanan SAN berated the FG in Benin city few days ago; accusing the FG of stopping the installation of CCTV in Lagos.

now you see the problems we have in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by PapaBrowne(m): 1:40pm On May 09, 2013
duality: Even Femi Falanan SAN berated the FG in Benin city few days ago; accusing the FG of stopping the installation of CCTV in Lagos.

now you see the problems we have in Nigeria?

This report puts an end to a previous argument where ACN goons kept claiming its the state government that installed cameras.

Not everything should be politicized. Where there is progress we must commend. Where there is failure we should criticize.

Jonathan is doing excellently well in the 4 arms of infrastructure: Road, Rail, Air and Power. I dont know about any changes in seaports.
Jonathan is doing excellently well in Agriculture, Economy and Trade.

As per security, corruption and social re engineering, performance is low.

We should say it as is. We should tell the truth all the time.

https://www.nairaland.com/1220415/anyone-noticed-city-wide-cctv/1#14688965

5 Likes

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 09, 2013
@moderators, a beg front page. When the initial false report came, it made front page. So this clarification should also make front page. We are waiting and watching. Thanks
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Bawss1(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2013
PapaBrowne:

This report puts an end to a previous argument where ACN goons kept claiming its the state government that installed cameras.

Not everything should be politicized. Where there is progress we must commend. Where there is failure we should criticize.

Jonathan is doing excellently well in the 4 arms of infrastructure: Road, Rail, Air and Power. I dont know about any changes in seaports.
Jonathan is doing excellently well in Agriculture, Economy and Trade.

In one breath you call for a balanced view and in another you resume the sycophancy again. Excellently well indeed. LOL
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 09, 2013
Where is eko ile and co?.

1 Like

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by oshyno(m): 3:17pm On May 09, 2013
I hope those dat lampooned GEJ bcuz of this cctv issue shud be courageable enough to come here n tender an apology. There is no shame in taking bak ur word when u find out d truth.
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 09, 2013
Well I must commend Lagos state for setting the records straight, that is what you call " responsible leadership", I hope Fg learns from this too,it is not everything they must politicize or witch-hunt,it makes the presidency look childish.
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Iykeponti(m): 3:26pm On May 09, 2013
Fashola can run dis co3 better....
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by RiKKies001: 3:27pm On May 09, 2013
Great move. Kudos to both government. I hope the recordings at the other end will not stop, if not the CCTV's are useless.

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by PHIPEX(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2013
I will be surprised if this thread goes beyond 2 pages. Good news from FG doesn't drive traffic on Nairaland, were it to be the opposite...your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by sarutobie(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2013
Those double tongued,black hearted cowards won't come to this thread..obviously.
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by kaystone444: 4:45pm On May 09, 2013
ds is a gud development frm our Govmnt... Thumbs up
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by bababuff(m): 6:08pm On May 09, 2013
I beg, where are the TVs for the cameras? I want to locate where I can buy garri and epa. smiley
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by fallingsky(m): 8:11pm On May 09, 2013
Ok
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by jmaine: 8:45pm On May 09, 2013
Bawss1:

In one breath you call for a balanced view and in another you resume the sycophancy again. Excellently well indeed. LOL

PapaBrowne:

Guess the part in bold evaded your mischief . . . .
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by onyengbu: 8:49pm On May 09, 2013
hisson3: Well I must commend Lagos state for setting the records straight, that is what you call " responsible leadership", I hope Fg learns from this too,it is not everything they must politicize or witch-hunt,it makes the presidency look childish.

[size=18pt]Ewu Awusa![/size]
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by taharqa: 8:57pm On May 09, 2013
jmaine:

Guess the part in bold evaded your mischief . . . .
Oga, where you dey since?... Meanwhile, why am I not surprised that the RESIDENT HYPOCRITES of NL- korotji, omokrokro, ekoole, reptile, etc- who were running their mouths and LYING their azz out on those 2 previous threads already referenced by sm posters here, hv all suddenly gone on Controlled Hibenation and pretending they hvn't seen this thread more than 12 hrs afta making frontpage..... Ya sins would always find ya out, eventuali
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by jmaine: 9:13pm On May 09, 2013
taharqa: Oga, where you dey since?... Meanwhile, why am I not surprised that the RESIDENT HYPOCRITES of NL- korotji, omokrokro, ekoole, reptile, etc- who were running their mouths and LYING their azz out on those 2 previous threads already referenced by sm posters here, hv all suddenly gone on Controlled Hibenation and pretending they hvn't seen this thread more than 12 hrs afta making frontpage..... Ya sins would always find ya out, eventuali

Been very busy lately bruv, a reason why i have been off the firing zone despite the disgusting and shameful antics of the "See no Good, Hear no Good" fake progressives and their minions in the land . . .

Those people you mentioned definitely won't show up here . .They just got caned publicly by their pay masters grin . . .

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by Nobody: 9:51am On May 10, 2013
Wtf this thread no pass one page too many gej haters

1 Like

Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by bolayei: 10:42am On May 11, 2013
1000 cameras is nothing..,how many streets are they in lagos that only 1000 cameras are being installed
Re: FG Didn't Stop Lagos From Installing CCTVs by headtoto: 10:57am On May 11, 2013
bolayei: 1000 cameras is nothing..,how many streets are they in lagos that only 1000 cameras are being installed

dunce

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Community Marks "Day Of Resistance" Against Biafran Soldiers / $600,000,000 In Drug Money Buried On His Farm / Gunmen Invade Church In Anambra, Kill Worshippers(graphic videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.