Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Rejoinder: Nairaland Forum Rules And Regulations By Seun(m) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder: Nairaland Forum Rules And Regulations By Seun(m) (669 Views)

Nairaland Forum Is 4 Nigerians! It's Not Owned By Nigerians! It's Owned By Seun / Rules And Regulations Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Sec, Isa / New Rules And Regulations For The New Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rejoinder: Nairaland Forum Rules And Regulations By Seun(m) by Gooogle(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2013
I have been part of this forum since Aug.2006 though with a different user which is still very active and strictly for business and have watched how decisions have been made but the particular one formalizing your rules has been interesting.The rules have generated so much comments and to this end I would like to ask some questions and also leave some thoughts though I support a good percentage of your rules.

Is Nairaland a Not-for-profit, a social enterprise or for-profit? but let me assume it is for profit and leave some few lines below.

1. You are at a precipice of change, watch the decisions carefully.Your stakeholders management strategy is poor, change management of this nature would be best from a bottom-up approach than top-down. If you subjected these rules to a referendum via online poll, you would be shocked to know that so many people would still support all of them hence vindicating you.

2. Study social media platforms like twitter, FB and Youtube,you can easily tell of their value proposition, the reasons why people go there. Do you know the reasons why people come here? Dont you think the things you are now banning brought people here all these while and now you have 1m+ users,what do you think a change can create.

3. In an argument in support of the theory of Creative destruction, a theory by Joseph Schumpeter.Nietzsche argued for a universal principle of a cycle of creation and destruction,every creative act has its destructive consequence.

4.These rules can create a user fatigue, BTW, hope you know FB is already experiencing that across Europe and even in Africa.

5.I as much as i sense you want to be neutral and sit on the fence, in the long run, your platform can only be left-winged or right-winged and it is not a problem.

6.A number of sites are going to be cloning you in the nearest future or even now,I want to believe you give a dam.n.Don't play into their hands. Do a thorough scenario analysis coupled with your SWOT and CSFs before you come up with such decisions.

7.Ultimately, stakeholders management is very essential at this point.Your members are not scumbags, a good number of them are elites, and great people.Respect their views.

8.I hope you pay your taxes before the authorities come calling on your door. grin grin grin grin

I have a sentimental attachment to NL and would like to see it go into the future and not eaten up. Technology is creating so much unpredictability and I know you know.

From a good heart.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria SHOOTS UP In Global Competitiveness Ranking / Meanwhile, He Is Resting Quietly In A London Cemetery / Soldiers Beat,injure 13 Customs Officers In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.