Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! (1282 Views)

There Is A Nigerian Astronaut Floating Around Space Who Needs Your Help / He Needs Your Help!! He Has Been Unable To Get His Facebok Login Back / The Biggest Thing In The Universe Is Really, Really Big (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by silverluci(f): 12:23pm On May 09, 2013
hi nairalanders!

I chose a project topic on "Preschool mobile security system" where parents could easily monitor their toddlers from work via their mobile handheld devices and send alerts to schools in the event of perceiving any form of danger about to threaten their children.

Showed it to my supervisor and he grinned and nodded and said he liked it.

I have been online for the past two days, scratched my head, read everything i could find but haven't even gotten an idea of what platform it is going to run or how to even implement this programmically (forgive my grammer)

Hence, i have come here. Nairalanders has really been of great help to me in the past. can i have a few ideas on how you think this would work?
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by CodeHouse: 9:24am On May 10, 2013
Well what can I say, it is not a bad idea but some questions though: 1. How would parents percieve threat, is it going to be video app like skype and does it mean that the child (a toddler ) would have a mobile or camera device attached to his/her pampers or there'll be a camera sync to parents mobile? 2. Who or what would trigger the alert, a pinch or baby cry? 3. Of course this must be a web app, which means there'll be internet at the baby's location, right? 4. Parents want safety of their kids and also want peace of mind so as to focus on other things that brings food to the table, dats the reason they are takn to pre school, with your idea, it means parents can as well leave their kids at home and watch them via their mobile phones..
With that being said, You could use a cry sensor (a chip I would have to program for your purpose) to alert parents via text message, that can be done. It is a good idea in theory, anything can be done, you could contact me paulodiete@gmail.com .Lets look into it..
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by majinice07: 5:30pm On May 10, 2013
why don't you do it here so that we also can learn from you guys
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by CodeHouse: 10:41pm On May 10, 2013
majinice07: why don't you do it here so that we also can learn from you guys

Hi mate I am not sure the solution is meant for the forum, since it is a school project or something and besides it will involve hardware programming too..If she had posted some codes as regard the project, then people can actually modify or help her on the lines she'd be having problems with..only then can you get to learn from the project. But which of the languages do you speak?
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by emmadejust(m): 7:17am On May 12, 2013
huh,that one na 'kid police gad' na one invent be that,but make una consider parent safety at work,roads,car or things that need ful attention.the school minder or teacher wat wil b their work then,
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by silverluci(f): 9:19pm On May 12, 2013
Sorry i am replying late. Got caught up in school stuff. Yes, i am thinking it will require a video camera to stream the videos realtime and it is not going to distract parents, rather its goal is to further assure the parents of the safety of their children by logging into the schools (database or system)? from time to time to either admire or assure them of their safety.

the real problem here is: I HAVE GOT NO IDEA ON HOW THIS WOULD TRANSMIT OR EVEN WORK! What language to use, or even the platform on which this would run?

ABSOULTELY NO IDEA.

But i love challenges so i've decided to take this one up.

is it too technical for me? am i going to bite more than i can chew?

Is it achievable for a final year project of just 2 to 3 months?
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by CodeHouse: 8:44am On May 13, 2013
Hi..all things are possible in programming world, with that being said, but I see a problem here, especially when you mentioned "real-time video streaming" in a country where internet is still thriving! Since you said parents would have to login through a portal, you could easily design a website where an IP Camera sends streams online. Camera can be controlled remotely to view target environment. Theoretically this would function in a multi user environment where two or more parents get to control the camera(You know women will start keeping malice over the use of camera...laughs). Yea it will work but have you considered time and cost?.. Good luck
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by silverluci(f): 11:14am On May 13, 2013
CodeHouse: Hi..all things are possible in programming world, with that being said, but I see a problem here, especially when you mentioned "real-time video streaming" in a country where internet is still thriving! Since you said parents would have to login through a portal, you could easily design a website where an IP Camera sends streams online. Camera can be controlled remotely to view target environment. Theoretically this would function in a multi user environment where two or more parents get to control the camera(You know women will start keeping malice over the use of camera...laughs). Yea it will work but have you considered time and cost?.. Good luck

lol about the women thing. it would involve a camera, the way i see it and also a portal but this would be controlled by the school (not women angry) or any of the parents. what platform do you think it would run on? What languages do you think is best to start learning?

Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by CodeHouse: 1:02pm On May 13, 2013
hahaha..ok I rest my case about d women issue..but if the school were to control the camera, how then would parents get to see their own kid and besides the camera isn't going to be automated, it has to be controlled by a click or gear(someone has to be there)..with what you just said, parents could just login online and watch any available streams being viewed at that moment.."That's all"..About which platform it will run? It will run on all platform since it is going to be a browser and what language to learn? Please learn any web things..html,css,php,javascript...I have developed a desktop based of your idea some years back, the only disadvantage is that executables don't run on servers(they actually do but..technical details involve)
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by silverluci(f): 7:34pm On May 15, 2013
thanks Codehouse for responding and making me feel not alone.
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by CodeHouse: 7:48pm On May 15, 2013
silverluci: thanks Codehouse for responding and making me feel not alone.
You are not alone, I am here with you..la la la la..laughs! Alright mate, anytime..
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by GreatManBee: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2015
Were you finally able to finish this project?
silverluci:
hi nairalanders!

I chose a project topic on "Preschool mobile security system" where parents could easily monitor their toddlers from work via their mobile handheld devices and send alerts to schools in the event of perceiving any form of danger about to threaten their children.

Showed it to my supervisor and he grinned and nodded and said he liked it.

I have been online for the past two days, scratched my head, read everything i could find but haven't even gotten an idea of what platform it is going to run or how to even implement this programmically (forgive my grammer)

Hence, i have come here. Nairalanders has really been of great help to me in the past. can i have a few ideas on how you think this would work?
Re: She Really Really Needs Your Help Guys! by silverluci(f): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2015
GreatManBee:
Were you finally able to finish this project?

Yes... Fortunately grin

Had an 'A' and proud of it! Everyone loved it including the external supervisor.

Nairaland was a great source of help and inspiration and looking back, I'm glad I came here. Are you writing a project too?

(1) (Reply)

Two Swedes Develop Invisible Bike Helmet | / Elite Proxy Switcher 1.29 Exe Free Download / Free Netflix Account Hack | How To Hack Netflix Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.