Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson (33627 Views)

Most Ladies On NL Are Becoming Rude, Ill Mannered And Boastful!!! / Why Are The Handsome Men Less Boastful Than The Ugly Ones / Why Are Married Men Boastful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 2:09pm On May 09, 2013
Ever Gone On A Date With A Braggart Before?

I went out on a date on Sunday with this guy who had this very amazing personality. We started talking and I was initially enjoying it till he started bragging. He bragged throughout the night about what he has achieved in his young life, flaunting his phones and how he has travelled around the world and all those unnecessary stuff. I was starting to get bored so I pretended to doze off and he shook me up and asked me if I wanted to go home. I just told him he was talking too much so I wanted to go home.

He asked me out on Tuesday and it was even worse than Sunday. The guy bragged so much I decided to teach him a lesson. I ordered so much food I didn't even touch it. He kept asking if I wouldn't eat and I told him I will. This guy was insisting on me ordering more stuff since money is not a problem to him. I ordered more and ordered for a takeaway for my sis. But I swear I didn't eat anything. The guy started complaining when he had to pay saying I had wasted the food and money and I told him he can let them pack it for him. LOL.

He has been calling me since and i ve not not answered.I dont think i want to date a guy like dat but if he insist i will show him pepper.

7 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 2:22pm On May 09, 2013
Correct! But gal... u feck up! U for order for ur sis and ur entire neighbourhood. Foolish guy!

8 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by angelTI(f): 2:39pm On May 09, 2013
@idowu, am sure u wud av taught d guy an unforgettable lesson if u were in popoowa's shoeswinkcheesy
@OP, av nt met one bt if I do, na to play along n enjoy mysef:p

3 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 2:52pm On May 09, 2013
Lol.i will keep that in mind
Idowuogbo: Correct! But gal... u feck up! U for order for ur sis and ur entire neighbourhood. Foolish guy!
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 09, 2013
I remember when i was in 2oo level back then,there was this stupid guy braging and ranting so much about how he had so much cash at his disposal and why he worked in one oil company that pays him millions every month.i kept keeping quiet thinking of what i will do with his matter because he came to greet me in my room.so the following day he requested i go out on a date with him.i told my room mates after they came back from wherever they went about the noise tayo was making.so we all decided that he will be our atm to supplement the money we had.we agreed that his own money will be used for our feeding till he wises up so the next day i told him i dont want to go out on a date with him,i want to go to the market to buy food stuffs for me and my roommates.so because he had already bragged that he is this and that,he wanted to impress me,he drove me to the market.omo i made sure we stocked our fridge.we bought 3,ooo frozen turkey,paint bucket size of rice,bokoto 4,ooo,tomato,peper and onions 2,5oo.if you see his boot.it was filled with food stuffs.we cooked and cooked for the next 3 months without going to the market.he did not bother to check me again.as soon as he dropped me in the hostel and dropped the food stuffs,he took off.

59 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 3:17pm On May 09, 2013
Lmao.Chai,u wicked no be small.
kulyie: I remember when i was in 2oolevel way back in school,there was this stupid guy braging and ranting so much about how he had so much cash at his disposal and why he worked in one oil company that pays him millions every month.i kept keeping quiet thinking of what i will do with his matter because he came to greet me in my room.so the following day he requested i go out on a date with him.i told my room mates after they came back from lecture about the noise tayo was making.so we all decided that he will be our atm to supplement the money we had.we agreed that his own money will be used for our feeding till he wises up so the next day i told him i dont want to go out on a date with him,i want to go to the market to buy food stuffs for me and my roommates.so because he had already bragged that he is this and that,he wanted to impress me,he drove me to the market.omo i made sure we stocked our fridge.we bought 3,ooo frozen turkey,paint bucket size of rice,bokoto 4,ooo,tomato,peper and onions 2,5oo.if you see his boot.it was filled with food stuffs.we cooked and cooked for the next 3 months without going to the market.he did not bother to check me again.as soon as he dropped me in the hostel and dropped the food stuffs,he took off.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 09, 2013
So, wasting his money is your own idea of teaching him a lesson? Smh.

He asked you out on Sunday, you found out he was bragging, blah blah blah, you dozed off blah, pretended to blah, told him he talks too much and then on Tuesday, he asks you out again and like a happy puppy, you followed him.

So why are you complaining? Were you forced on a second date?

147 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by dahdah: 3:34pm On May 09, 2013
U WON'T TELL US IF THE GUY ***** U

50 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 09, 2013
Popowaa: I went out on a date on sunday with this guy who had this very amazing personality.We started talking and i was initially enjoying it till he started bragging,he bragged throughout the night about what he has achieved in his young life,flaunting his phones and hw he has travelled around the world and all those unnecessary stuff.i was starting to get bored so i pretended ti doze off and he shook me up and asked me if i wanted to go home,i just told him he was talking too much so i wanted to go home.
He asked me out on tuesday and it was even worse than sunday,the guy bragged soo much i decided to teach him a lesson.I ordered so much food i didnt even touch it.He kept asking if i wouldnt eat and i told him i will.This guy was insisting on me ordering more stuff since money is not a problem to him.I ordered more and ordered for a takeaway for my sis.But i swear i didnt eat anything.The guy started complaining when he had to pay saying i had wasted the food and money and i told him he can let them pack it for him.lol.
He has been calling me since and i ve not not answered.I dont think i want to date a guy like dat but if he insist i will show him pepper.

That guy doesnt need someone like you. I dont think you have respect at all dozing off, wasting his money and all that crap. Sorry if am wrong but if this is how you treated a man simply cos he told you his achievements and was ready to pay for your food,then you'll grow white hair waiting for Mr. Perfect
If you dont like him,just tell him and stop wasting his money.
Never take anyone for granted in this life.

No offense but coming to post it on nl shows you're a bragger too

159 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 3:37pm On May 09, 2013
Hw did i waste his money since he's got more than enough.Should i ve sacked him when he came to pick me up from class?
sexkillz: So, wasting his money is your own idea of teaching him a lesson? Smh.

He asked you out on Sunday, you found out he was bragging, blah blah blah, you dozed off blah, pretended to blah, told him he talks too much and then on Tuesday, he asks you out again and like a happy puppy, you followed him.

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 09, 2013
Another bashing thread in the making.

Anyway, I promise youu one thing, Nlers will analyse this closely and postulate why, despite realising he braggs so much, you still went out with him on the second date.

You may not find it funny then.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by youngchopper(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2013
fake story. u dose off for were? so if the nicca no brag u for follow am go home go collect banana? buying food is now a way of teaching a nicca lesson? poor gals!!!

34 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by adim2(m): 3:42pm On May 09, 2013
U ladies sit here and complain. Where as its the ladies that brag a lot of how men use to stop them on the street bla bla bla. Let the guy flaunt his money abeg. After all na him make the money, nobody help am make the money jor. If you know the suffer wey the person don suffer, una no go complain say him dey brag.

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 3:42pm On May 09, 2013
Why sould u brag on ur first date?Wont the girl know ur achievements when she gets to knw u better.He is just immatured thats all.And i dont remember saying i wanted a perfect or rich guy in my first post did i?
Kamsy10:

The guy doesnt need someone like you. I dont think you have respect at all. Sorry if am wrong but if this is how you took a man simply cos he told you his achievements and was ready to pay for your food,then you'll grow white hair waiting for Mr. Perfect
If you dont like him,just tell and stop wasting his money
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by africanboy(m): 3:43pm On May 09, 2013
You made him buy plenty food that you wasted. Apparently, you went to a cheap place. Next time, if you feel you need to teach him a lesson, take him to a classy place, somewhere he wont be able to raise his voice bragging and you get to make him spend a lot (since money isnt a problem).

5 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Agbgift(f): 3:44pm On May 09, 2013
@op, u would have simply told him, you dnt date guys who brags and talks a lot, rather than wastening his money, as a kind of punishment for him.

15 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 09, 2013
Jisols! Don't even let me start. Hey! I don't even know why I fall in the line of vision of braggers. These days I just tune out and find something amusing in my head to think of instead of listening.

Once, this guy took me out and said he wanted to spoil me. you know the silly way they say it. like spoiling anyone is a one day thing. anyway, we went out and from like 6 tables away, people were just turning to see who it was that had
a murano
a labrador
a jacuzzi
an alsatian
a niece who models in Paris
a cousin who schooled in Swiss boarding schools (while he himself, the speaker, was having a second extra year at The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
a mother who had 3 shops in Abuja
an uncle who was a 2 time senator

I wanted to cry. at the end of the day, i couldn't eat a thing because he kept on spitting across the table into my food.

another time, i was with a friend and her friend(the guy) wanted to dazzle me. shey i kuku resemble small pikin. he was just talking about how his account never went below one million because his account officer would notify his dad first and they would pump money into it. when we stood up to go, he didn't give us cab money. I cursed him in my heart grin.

Braggers? they will always be here with us o.

10 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by babandada: 3:45pm On May 09, 2013
I went out on a date on sunday with this guy who had this very amazing personality.We started talking and i was initially enjoying it till he started bragging,he bragged throughout the night about what he has achieved in his young life,flaunting his phones and hw he has travelled around the world and all those unnecessary stuff.i was starting to get bored so i pretended ti doze off and he shook me up and asked me if i wanted to go home,i just told him he was talking too much so i wanted to go home.
He asked me out on tuesday and it was even worse than sunday,the guy bragged soo much i decided to teach him a lesson.I ordered so much food i didnt even touch it.He kept asking if i wouldnt eat and i told him i will.This guy was insisting on me ordering more stuff since money is not a problem to him.I ordered more and ordered for a takeaway for my sis.But i swear i didnt eat anything.The guy started complaining when he had to pay saying i had wasted the food and money and i told him he can let them pack it for him.lol.
[b]He has been calling me since [/b]and i ve not not answered.I dont think i want to date a guy like dat but if he insist i will show him pepper.

A date is enough for the guy nah.......or he want to die in one p****sy ni?

3 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 09, 2013
Popowaa: Why sould u brag on ur first date?Wont the girl know ur achievements when she gets to knw u better.He is just immatured thats all.And i dont remember saying i wanted a perfect or rich guy in my first post did i?

Depends on what you define brag to be.
I dont like braggers either but you just need to learn how to respect people and if you dont like a guy,simply walk away.
Why the waste?

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by kukus01(m): 3:45pm On May 09, 2013
Hungry gals full everywia.

14 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by charcoalblaq(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2013
Yellow Pawpaw,

Why you do me so? Ehn?

Is it because i show you my love you now waste my money?

I know i have plenry morry, but it is not mean you should now waste it nah.

Anyways, you are forgiven.
I want to tell you about my last trip to Monaco. I met with the most popular.........

3 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by RiKKies001: 3:47pm On May 09, 2013
HMMMM

[url=our-naija-men..com/] Click Here [/url]
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by leonshom(m): 3:47pm On May 09, 2013
U must be a bragger too grin
sexkillz: So, wasting his U money is your own idea of teaching him a lesson? Smh.

3 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by smoothlips(m): 3:48pm On May 09, 2013
i met this guy....blah blah blah blah blah. longer throat

11 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 3:49pm On May 09, 2013
Yeye fellow,u think say all women dey run go take banana when they see a rich dude?
youngchopper: fake story. u dose off for were? so if the nicca no brag u for follow am go home go collect banana? buying food is now a way of teaching a nicca lesson? poor gals!!!
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 09, 2013
Seriously , I don't understand .

Are you hating on a nigger for being rich or trying to broadcast your stupidity.
He probably took you too a cozy place but you were too local to adapt. How does buying so much food buttress your point ? Your lame point I mean.

You think it's easy to chyke or you think it's easy to keep a conversation going ? And the guy really thought a sensible girl was across the other edge of the table.

I am willing to get a 2 hours ban, to prove your stupidity .

By the way, don't rejoice you made front page, they definitely wanted to shame you .

32 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Lawconfessor(f): 3:49pm On May 09, 2013
Popowaa: pick me up from CLASS?
*Brat in d rating*

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 3:50pm On May 09, 2013
Lmao
charcoalblaq: Yellow Pawpaw,

Why you do me so? Ehn?

Is it because i show you my love you now waste my money?

I know i have plenry morry, but it is not mean you should now waste it nah.

Anyways, you are forgiven.
I want to tell you about my last trip to Monaco. I met with the most popular.........
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Brymo: 3:50pm On May 09, 2013
this thread needs a needle.

3 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by babandada: 3:51pm On May 09, 2013
youngchopper: fake story. u dose off for were? so if the nicca no brag u for follow am go home go collect banana? buying food is now a way of teaching a nicca lesson? poor gals!!!

My taught bro.....

Now if we say girls are cheap!

What will be their answers?

6 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Smuthx(m): 3:51pm On May 09, 2013
After two dates with you that didnt go well. He still calling you for another date. He has issues. You now have a talkative mate/ friend. He always talks and you will listen and probably dooze off...
Goodluck with that but that must be boring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

She Has A Child For Someone But Wants Me To Marry Her. Help / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup / Valentine Memes That Will Make Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.