Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Not Happy With Career Path! Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Not Happy With Career Path! Help (1732 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / Kindly Assist With Career Advise / Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 09, 2013
I just finished highschool last year nd never applied to any university due to the fact that i was undecided with which career path to follow.... I dd well im my sciences so when i went late january to apply @ varsity they took me for electrical engineering well ive been attending these classes for about 4 months but my heart isnt there really i dont see myself in any field of electricity. I tend to skip class alot..should i carry on with EE and maybe il learn to love it or just quit

Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 3:56am On May 10, 2013
If your heart's not in it, you're not doing well and you're skipping classes, then change. Study something you enjoy and that you're good at.
What were your favourite subjects in high school? What subjects did you do well in?

1 Like

Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 7:07am On May 10, 2013
I dd sciences (math,agriculture, geography,life scienc,physical scnc,life orientation,eng,afrikaans)...loved life sciences more cause its one interesting subject.....i paid varsity fees for the whole year should i leav now or try n stick with it till December?
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Jidefido(m): 8:29am On May 10, 2013
Nadia, I was sort of in ur shoes wen I was about leaving high school. My candid advice to you is to finish what you have started till the academic year runs out, go to classes(no knowledge is a waste). But meanwhile don't waste that one year. Do all what you can to see that to know what you really want and the course that will give you the joy you want.
You wrote you loved life sciences. To be clear, you love courses liKe marine science. Follow your heart but make sure you faithfully finish the course you are doing now

1 Like

Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 8:36am On May 10, 2013
Jide fido: Nadia, I was sort of in ur shoes wen I was about leaving high school. My candid advice to you is to finish what you have started till the academic year runs out, go to classes(no knowledge is a waste). But meanwhile don't waste that one year. Do all what you can to see that to know what you really want and the course that will give you the joy you want.
You wrote you loved life sciences. To be clear, you love courses liKe marine science. Follow your heart but make sure you faithfully finish the course you are doing now
thanks for the advice i will attend
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 11:21am On May 10, 2013
nadia_SA: I dd sciences (math,agriculture, geography,life scienc,physical scnc,life orientation,eng,afrikaans)...loved life sciences more cause its one interesting subject.....i paid varsity fees for the whole year should i leav now or try n stick with it till December?

What happens in December?
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 11:24am On May 10, 2013
Yield:

What happens in December?
university payment for a full year...so il only b done with the course december
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by diarra94(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2013
Try environmental science. Thats what im studyin and its kinda practical. I was studying robotics and computer engineering but it seemed challenging and kinda boring so i opted for environmental science. It is one of the youngest sciences and graduates in this field are highly sought after globally.
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 10:35am On May 11, 2013
diarra94: Try environmental science. Thats what im studyin and its kinda practical. I was studying robotics and computer engineering but it seemed challenging and kinda boring so i opted for environmental science. It is one of the youngest sciences and graduates in this field are highly sought after globally.
will google to know more bout it...thanks
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by khukhi(f): 7:35am On May 12, 2013
Sometimes as you learn about your individual modules during the year, you might actually find one that really interests you the most.

The other comments are right about sticking it out for the year.

I did H.R and found it boring but I later found Labour relations much more interesting and that's what I am pursuing now.

Its not that simple to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life,and no one really tells you that before you get to that position.
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 12, 2013
khukhi: Sometimes as you learn about your individual modules during the year, you might actually find one that really interests you the most.

The other comments are right about sticking it out for the year.

I did H.R and found it boring but I later found Labour relations much more interesting and that's what I am pursuing now.

Its not that simple to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life,and no one really tells you that before you get to that position.
thanks doll wil jus stick to this one for a year then hopfully i might find interest in one topic if not il just change
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Jidefido(m): 4:25am On May 13, 2013
nadia_SA: thanks for the advice i will attend
Do u have a choice not to attend? *smiling*
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 7:15am On May 13, 2013
Jide fido:
Do u have a choice not to attend? *smiling*
lol whenever i hve to attend classes i get sick...its all in the head i know but im in school today whoooray
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by biolabee(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2013
good advice so far
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 7:32am On May 13, 2013
biolabee: good advice so far
yah great hey
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Jidefido(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2013
nadia_SA: lol whenever i hve to attend classes i get sick...its all in the head i know but im in school today whoooray
You know y u get sick? ur mind isnt really there. u feel sick attending classes. so how was school today? u enjoyed it ba
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 13, 2013
Jide fido:
You know y u get sick? ur mind isnt really there. u feel sick attending classes. so how was school today? u enjoyed it ba
cheeiiiiiii schooooool o
Got a nice welcome back with two tests mathematics nd enginering science ...cheiiii
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Jidefido(m): 7:40am On May 15, 2013
nadia_SA: cheeiiiiiii schooooool o
Got a nice welcome back with two tests mathematics nd enginering science ...cheiiii
Hahahahahahaha very funny!!! Anyway, how did d tests go? Sure u 'devoured' dem clinically.
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 7:44am On May 15, 2013
Jide fido:
Hahahahahahaha very funny!!! Anyway, how did d tests go? Sure u 'devoured' dem clinically.
hmmmmm not too bad....50% i have thou its not the best but jus alryt
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Syenite(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2013
Nadia, Electrical Engineering is not all about electricity. Their are several sectors you can apply your knowledge/skills eg: Oil and gas, Telecom, Power generation,manufacturing, even Banking. I work in the Oil industry as a geologist and i can tell you that Electrical along side Mechanical Engineers are the most sought after in the oil industry.
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by khukhi(f): 6:47pm On May 15, 2013
gringringringringrin
There's no oil in Jhb! gringringrin

Unless you're willing to go overseas someday Nadia.
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 15, 2013
Lol yhaaa
i might go nd stay in nigeria with ike so that could work
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2013
seunshow00: Hi,

2013 CISA Exam Materials Available-Review Manual 2013,
Review Q&A&Explanation Manual, Review Q&A&Explanation Manual Supplement,
Practice Question Database 2013

These are all available.
Call 07039594474 or 08094489756 for more information.
in south africa thou
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by esere826: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
my child
you said:
i dont see myself in any field of electricity
This is the single most important thing I have learnt with the pain of my grey hair:
If you cant see it, u cant have/be it

Look out for what 'you can see' so that u dont struggle in life
when u do see ur future in a career path, struggles become challenges, and challenges will become exciting
even soaking garri within your sphere of vision will become like cornflakes

but meanwhile, go to class and 'struggle' until 'you've seen' what u need to do and the oppurtunity beckons u to grab it
Re: Not Happy With Career Path! Help by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Well I ddnt drop out of school still doing my electrical engineering course..

Nd No I ddnt burn up my multimeter!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Covenant Day Of Business Breakthrough / 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. / Can 2.2 Get A Scholarship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.