Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? (969 Views)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by Tolulop001(f): 9:39am On May 10, 2013
Hello folks, want to have your take on this situation...

I randomly googled an Intern at my office (recently completed NYSC), and he had this on his Twitter timeline (and I quote). i took a screenshot of the timeline.

"To whoever that cares to listen i.e. the biatchhh in the office, don't underestimate me"

He may have been referring to any of my female colleagues; or even me.

This is an intern that has difficulty concentrating on the simplest of tasks, most times I would rather do the work my self than assign to him because it is common knowledge that he is incompetent, most people free him because he is/was a corper.

At a minimum he needs to delete the tweet, At the same time I think he needs to be taught a lesson.

Should I involve HR? or at least his direct mentor(we have a mentorship programme at my office?)

P.S I am not witch hunting him, I just cannot ignore this because IMO, it is wrong.

Thanks.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by AjanleKoko: 10:10am On May 10, 2013
Since he wasn't referring to anyone directly, you don't need to rat him out to HR.
Are you his direct supervisor? Then you need to speak to him about it, and pass him some useful advice about the (mis)use of social media. In advanced countries these days, hiring managers google candidates and try to see what they've been up to on social media.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by eledalo: 10:28am On May 10, 2013
The biaaatch he was talking about was probably the one googling his name and stalking his twitter.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by AjanleKoko: 10:29am On May 10, 2013
eledalo: The biaaatch he was talking about was probably the one googling his name and stalking his twitter.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by Tolulop001(f): 11:06am On May 10, 2013
AjanleKoko: Since he wasn't referring to anyone directly, you don't need to rat him out to HR.
Are you his direct supervisor? Then you need to speak to him about it, and pass him some useful advice about the (mis)use of social media. In advanced countries these days, hiring managers google candidates and try to see what they've been up to on social media.

Thanks. I agree with you on his not referring to anyone directly. Since I am not his direct supervisor I will ignore thuis. Just wanted to have a feel for what I should have don't under the circumstances. And telling HR was not meant to 'rat' him out.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by Tolulop001(f): 11:06am On May 10, 2013
AjanleKoko: Since he wasn't referring to anyone directly, you don't need to rat him out to HR.

Thanks. I agree with you on his not referring to anyone directly. Since I am not his direct supervisor I will ignore. Just wanted to have a feel for what I should have done under the circumstances. And telling HR was not meant to 'rat' him out.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by Tolulop001(f): 11:09am On May 10, 2013
eledalo: The biaaatch he was talking about was probably the one googling his name and stalking his twitter.

I hear you. However can you say you have never googled anyone before? I would not call my behavior stalking. If you are up for a discussion, I am game. Cheers.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by AjanleKoko: 11:27am On May 10, 2013
Tolulop001:

I hear you. However can you say you have never googled anyone before? I would not call my behavior stalking. If you are up for a discussion, I am game. Cheers.

Still sounds like you have probably crossed swords with said intern in the past.
Might be best to back off the dude, unless he reports to you and as such is your responsibility. It's not really your concern how he turns out, you know.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by Tolulop001(f): 1:01pm On May 10, 2013
I have not o. He has been (?)rude to other folks though.

I even google myself to see what comes up!

Thanks.
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by deor03(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2013
Except the twitter account is verified, HR might not be able to act on this.
Even, If the guy admits that is his account, he can also claim his account was hacked

Afterall almighty @AP account was hacked and sent a tweet of terrorist attack in white house
Re: Subordinate Called Female Worker "A Biatchhh" On Twitter. Should I Involve HR? by cecegorz(m): 10:28am On May 11, 2013
Dude is lucky he is not in the West. He would have tweeted another picture of his sack letter by now. Lol.
It has become norm these days for companies to go through staff social media profiles to ensure confidencial information are not being leaked and that company's image are not also smeared by insiders.
Infact most fortune 100 companies job application links have options to connect with your social media account.
I advise people these days to google their names once in a while and see what comes up. As long as you are a corporate employee, you need a clean image, offline and online.
By the way, was it not Bauchi's governor that sacked a civil servant sometime ago because of his FB comment?

(1) (Reply)

Job Opportunities For Graduates In Any Discipline (b.sc, HND Or OND) / / Exxonmobil Recruiting 2015 Global Geoscience Student Placement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.