Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You (73318 Views)

Her Boyfriend Is 'obsessed' With Nicki Minaj... Pls. Help! / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 12:19pm On May 10, 2013
Being in a relationship can be such a pleasurable experience, from the unending phone calls, to sweet text messages, and some soft cuddling, and even sometimes the hand-in-hand walking of two love butterflies makes being in a relationship such a sweet experience.

But just when does a relationship turn into an obsession? Gory stories from obsessed relationships are becoming too rampant nowadays. I once heard the story of a lady setting herself on fire because her boyfriend decided to quit the relationship because he turned 'born-again'. And I recently read d story of a guy slit his girlfriend's throat because she called it quit! Now that's terrible you say? But do you mind checking into your own relationship right now? Are you obsessed or is your partner obsessed with you?

Here are few clues to know:

1. The Family Deal

When you are just at the early stage of your relationship and your partner thinks meeting your parents is a big freaking deal. That's way too fast, and this might eventually lead to an emotional disturbance later. You need to slow down.

2. The Looks

Jealous much? Does your partner's look indicate unnecessary jealousy? Watch for phone patterns too. Are your partner's voicemails like monologues? Does he/she text you so often you feel like a doctor on call? If your partner is watching your every move, it’s time to back away … very… slowly…

3. You become your partner's project

You swear you can remember somehow getting through life without being remote controlled by your partner… But you aren’t sure how, since apparently you need your partner to tell you how to dress, act, eat and even THINK! It’s like a parasite got in your brain... Say anything, and even pass up your fun time/or time meant to have fun with your friends to go to your partner's 8-year-old niece’s birthday party. Obsessive lovers often manipulate situations to keep their partners to themselves. WAKE UP!

4. Fear and Loathing

If your buddies can’t stand your partner or pay you a visit whenever your partner is around, shame on you for even reading this article when you should be out dumping him/her.

5. Public Displays of Agro

It's ridiculous how some peeps BERATE their partners, screeching at them in public like a shopping banshee. If you are repressing a frequent urge to strangle your girlfriend/boyfriend for humiliating you and making huge scenes – guess what? Curb that puppy.

6. The Police Game

When your partner starts to monitor your phone calls. And also sneaks over to read your chats and text messages. He/she wants to know about all your friends and even monitor your daily schedule. Or even start smelling your clothes and underwear! Obsessive people don’t respect privacy. They run through your phone contacts and will even call friends and relatives to gather information about you. Buddy, its time to do the 'moonwalk'.

7. The Relentless Promise

When your partner calls you now and then on the phone, asking you to promise them you'll never leave them. When you wake up in the midnight and you find your partner just staring at you, and you ask why and they say "they just love you." Or your partner simply feels inferior without you. Charlie, it's time to run!!!

8. You are the ANSWER

The non-obsessed consider the possibility of a future, while the potential bunny-boiler has already made up their minds that THIS IS IT! The obsessive partner has already determined that this is his/her one and only love who will be his/her partner for life and begins to make plans for the future.

9. No Trust

If your partner can’t get it out of their mind that you are cheating on them and they keep accusing you of having phantom encounters with random people, you might need to have some serious introspection.

10. Forcing the L-word

If your partner makes you say "I Love You" EVERY TIME you talk, especially if it’s a phone call. Or probably they say it and you decide not to say “I love you too!” And your partner immediately thinks you don’t love them anymore, or that you are with another person. Hey! Hey!! Can you hear me? It's time to walk away.

Hear this! If you recognize yourself in this list, you might need to step back and think about what emotional feelings of insecurity or low self-esteem
that is fueling this behavior. Otherwise, it will keep happening and you’ll keep wondering why you’re always getting dumped.

But if you agree with me that your partner is obsessed with you, and you don't want to put your life in danger, here's how to back out:

The Extraction Game.

Extracting a mental partner is like defusing a bomb. If you are a jerk, it’s like pouring gas on a fire. Your partner will want you more. Any sign of resistance will draw them closer. But here's the best thing to do? Become undesirable. Add weight! Be displeasing! Start doing things that would make your partner lose interest in you. It’ll be fun.

Never, ever attempt to talk your obsessive partner into 'breaking up' with them, or call a third-party to help dissolve the relationship. You might as well try sky diving!!!

Yours sincerely.
http://www.onegist.com/relationship-romance/how-to-know-if-your-partner-is-obsessed-with-you/

21 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Lollz(f): 5:48pm On May 10, 2013
nyc one op....well explained ....this shuld also make d front page.....

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by xynerise: 5:50pm On May 10, 2013
Obsession can lead to over-possession

4 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2013
xynerise: Obsession can lead to over-possession
True!
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Adeks(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2013
Obsession is bad for business
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by ZN2: 8:01pm On May 11, 2013
Hmmm. One moment.
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 11, 2013
A 'little' obsession can be healthy grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by dasparrow: 8:04pm On May 11, 2013
Obsession can turn deadly.
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by nekaa(f): 8:04pm On May 11, 2013
Well noted..

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by purpinkx(m): 8:05pm On May 11, 2013
xynerise: Obsession can lead to over-possession
over-possession may get you knocked out

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by atlbj: 8:09pm On May 11, 2013
Op forgot to add; when he/she knows all about you, all your family, your friends , colleagues @ work and school mates when you dnt knw half of her own close friends!

Also, when he/she uses your name as their password to their laptop ,tab, Ipad,blackberry, Facebook and twitter account and email accouts!! Then its time to escape thru the window!!!

11 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by FUCKU: 8:09pm On May 11, 2013
We are obsessed with each other and we love it that way... Understanding is the key in a relationship

13 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by MemeInc(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2013
On point..but i got mine controlled
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Moshkom(m): 8:11pm On May 11, 2013
Tanx OP.. Gonna implement on dis now because jst notice she s been Obsessed wif dis writeUp.
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Osama10(m): 8:12pm On May 11, 2013
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Moshkom(m): 8:13pm On May 11, 2013
My own Partner situation s more than been Obsessed o! so how can i kno OP?
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Pacesetter2: 8:14pm On May 11, 2013
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by BlackPeni5: 8:18pm On May 11, 2013
Lol...(Translate Lol into anything u like). OP, if we follow your advice then most of us will be single. We are all guilty of at least one these things in our relationships especially when we were younger. If anyone in this forum hasn't done any of these things then, you are less than a learner for you have not even started learning.

17 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Popowaa: 8:18pm On May 11, 2013

15 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:22pm On May 11, 2013
I have date such a gal damn I have to end the relationship when I left skul for my IT. BTW lets keep the good old days childhood memory alive here. www.nairaland.com/1286773/picture-nairalander-when-he-baby#15679403
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by sapien(m): 8:27pm On May 11, 2013
Mtsheeeeeeeeeew!
As a guy, make your dough, Naija girls will swarm around you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by NwokikeADAEZE: 8:29pm On May 11, 2013
Waoooooo that's a wonderful one and true.
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Connoisseur(m): 8:30pm On May 11, 2013
What could be termed obsession to one person might be sweet romance to some other. so obsession is relative

12 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Slankey: 8:32pm On May 11, 2013
One of the best piece I have read on Nairaland this year.. Very spot-on... Cheers

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 11, 2013
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 11, 2013
In as much as obsession is bad, a lil of it can be healthy.. If I don't call my babe for instance in at least 2hrs interval, Yawa is bout to gas..

But den we av dis swit chemistry!!! cheesy

Plus if I wake up and see my partner staring at me according to point 7. I would ask if she's possessed!!!
Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 11, 2013
7. The Relentless Promise

When your partner calls you now and then on the phone, asking you to promise them you'll never leave them. When you wake up in the midnight and you find your partner just staring at you, and you ask why and they say "they just love you." Or your partner simply feels inferior without you.[/quote]
Lol grin
Wtf?

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 11, 2013
im obessesed with nairaland wot shld i do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Ghanaians Over Sex Positions On Live TV / What's The Most Outrageous Demand A Girl Has Ever Made From You On A First Date? / Bisi Alimi In Bed With Husband, Anthony Davis. Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.