Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri (10811 Views)

Asari Dokubo is selfishly leading Ndigbo into Another Biafra Genocide. / GEJ's Aide Reno Omokri & Osinbajo At Twitter War Over Kano Rally Crowd- Pics / Asari DOKUBO Is On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by bankyblue(m): 10:44pm On May 10, 2013
What the hell did he mean by saying his a private individual
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Abrakhan: 10:48pm On May 10, 2013
pheesayor: Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, Mr Reno Omokri has said that the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Peoples Force, Alhaji Asari Dokubo cannot be tried for treason because he is a private individual.

The Presidential aide said this in response to a question posed to him by a concerned Nigerian on twitter Thursday night.

The concerned Nigeria, Abdullahi Aborode who is based in the United Kindgom had asked Mr Omokri why he has been silent about the statement credited to the Niger Delta ex-militant leader, adding whether he doesn’t think Asari Dokubo”s statement amounts to treason and should be taken seriously, but the response that came from the President’s Special Adviser on New Media confirms the suspicions that Asari Dokubo dared make inflammatory statements because he knows he is protected.

“Sir @renoomokri I remembered you berated General Buhari for the ‘bloodshed’ comment, you’ve been silent about Asari Dokubo’s statement…why?”, Aborode asked Reno.

He continued: “Don’t you @renoomokri think that Asari Dokubo’s statement amounts to treason and should be taken seriously?”

Responding however, Reno Omokri simply said “He is a private individual. I have no business with him.”

His statement drew criticism from other twitter users who joined the conversation. They lampooned him for making such a comment, adding that if Asari Dokubo is a private individual, then Boko Haram, unknown gunmen, Ansaru and a countless number of others they mentioned should also be considered as private individuals and treated as such.

Further attempt by Aborode and others to engage Mr Omokri proved abortive as he simply refused to answer to further questions or comments.

See the tweest below:

Private Individual keh? but so anybody can talk any how and you ll call him private individual. Ah! God of Mercy.
Dis no be matter for joke oooh!
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by GoodSamaritan: 10:53pm On May 10, 2013
Dokubo is my man.
Let every Nigerian try to be like him. It will help us a great deal. He is a man of courage.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Stlatyv(m): 11:17pm On May 10, 2013
gboss4sure: Doesn't the IG and Tambuwal know where dokubo is? They should go and arrest him na if they can afford it. Provoking another militancy in Nigeria is something Nigeria is not capable of handling @ de moment. We are yet to solve the boko haram menance. Boko haram insurgency is a childs play to naija delta militancy at least we were in Nigeria when there was militancy in Nigeria and we saw how it affected this nation.
which part of 9ja ar u? Aw i wish u ar in damaturu or borno den u wil get to know boko is damn ril dan jackbaur. Nigerdelta militant were afta revenge nd money,it wil only afect 9ja economy bt boko ar afta blood,broda i mean 'red blood' nd dat one wil nt afect economy bt tear up 9ja itself. Nigerdelta was far a childplay. Nt afta money or wealth bt afta killin,kilin people 4 a non.negotiable reason(barbaric,insane nd jst inhuman),by d tym they earn d chance of air strike as claimed by JTF mayb by den u wil know 'its nt child play' na blood game.Wat can b worse dan dat?

1 Like

Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 10, 2013
Did he even think before replying. This country politics don tire me. All involved parties should hold their national convention so that apc can be finally born officially and give us a strong alternative to look at.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by LUVTB(m): 12:34am On May 11, 2013
blink182: Did he even think before replying. This country politics don tire me. All involved parties should hold their national convention so that apc can be finally born officially and give us a strong alternative to look at.
ABEG STOP THAT YAWN
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by peruso: 1:04am On May 11, 2013
gboss4sure: Doesn't the IG and Tambuwal know where dokubo is? They should go and arrest him na if they can afford it. Provoking another militancy in Nigeria is something Nigeria is not capable of handling @ de moment. We are yet to solve the boko haram menance. Boko haram insurgency is a childs play to naija delta militancy at least we were in Nigeria when there was militancy in Nigeria and we saw how it affected this nation.

This beaf of a guy is just an excuse it for a human being
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by OdionOdion: 1:18am On May 11, 2013
Arresting Asari as advocated by Tambuwal and Gov Aliyu is a good suggestion to kick start the forgotten Niger Delta struggle.GEJ presidency is never the answer to RESOURCE CONTROL and the NIGER DELTA QUESTION.By 2015 or 2019 when GEJ won't be there then TAMBUWAL and co will realise what they are asking for is disaster for the North. Asari is well and around FCT waiting for the arrest.Hausa/Fulani will regret for ever starting this boko haram against GEJ presidency.Arrest him fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by MacLovington(m): 4:38am On May 11, 2013
So the same Northerners who started Boko to distabilise the presidency of a Southerner are now making noise about Dokubo.
So Boko who are bombing churches, army, police and waging war against the country are not commiting treason?

Do people not see that Nigeria only now exists in the pockets of looters?

Of course the SW will do as if nothing happened.

Apart from Gowon regime (in what he thought was an act of patriotism) I can see why Awo largely refused a deal with the North.

But today's politicians from every zone are too busy looting to have any principles. Shame.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by MacLovington(m): 4:45am On May 11, 2013
blink182: Did he even think before replying. This country politics don tire me. All involved parties should hold their national convention so that apc can be finally born officially and give us a strong alternative to look at.

To rule a balkanised country? Oh well they can always rule Oodua Republic.

Instead of people to sit down and decide if we want this very abuse
ive, violent and bad marriage or a very sensible divorce, people are just going on like everything is ok. MEND, MASSOB, Anasru/Boko Haram, Ombatse etc, would not be possible in a country that exists on concensus instead of "by fire, by force".
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 5:31am On May 11, 2013
Beaf is talking shyt again
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Reference(m): 6:43am On May 11, 2013
Nuzo':
The idea of using religion, ethnicity and violence to intimidate and blackmail people into riding into or abdicating power is becoming soo tiring and boring. The hypocrisy behind it is even sickening!

Tho' in the constitution in the form of quota system and federal character, this trend was established when certain public figure asked muslims to vote their fellows while Christians do same.

Unfortunately, politics of sectionalism, religion and tribalism has come to stay.

Hmmm. Okay.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Reference(m): 6:46am On May 11, 2013
Inik:
True and the stats quo will be on ground for a long time. Until we have a sovereign national conference where we discuss the terms of our nationhood, our politics will always be decided on religious and tribal lines. Asari dokuboh is saying exactly the same thing some prominent northerners said in 2011.

Hmmm. Okay.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Reference(m): 7:02am On May 11, 2013
Once again this is a good day. Self expression, freedom of speech, strengthening of regions, erosion of the centre, tribal supremacy, strong alternative political characters. C'mon guys is this not what we all want. Now we all berate Asari and pretend to love Nigeria because it is the other man threathening. Don't we all comit treason day in day out.

What is treason by the way? A search for a better way of life for my and your people against the interests of the minority in power? Who is in power or who is powerful. Who is not hypocritical in these matters, who hasn't received amnesty for his acts in the course of righting the wrongs of this country.

Do you perceive we are moving forward, getting better or worse. Abeg leave Asari alone. He is just an expression of what you secretly wish you were.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by jjoro79(m): 7:03am On May 11, 2013
private or not, it will become story one day.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by guilebret: 7:10am On May 11, 2013
We should know dokunbo can't be touched cos he is one of the annoited spokesman of oga at the top undecided But very soon God would wipe all the people that has been troubling Nigeria.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by oddy4real(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2013
guilebret: We should know dokunbo can't be touched cos he is one of the annoited spokesman of oga at the top undecided But very soon God would wipe all the people that has been troubling Nigeria.
DO YOU KNOW THAT DOKUBO WAS A CARD CARRYING ACN MEMBER?
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Napolitano(m): 7:55am On May 11, 2013
Reno is being a plain hypocrite. If it were to be Buhari, he'll raise a news conference about the dog and baboon, which was simply a proverbial statement
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by udemzyudex(m): 8:17am On May 11, 2013
PapaBrowne: If every private citizen that says something against Nigeria is tried for treason, we would not have enough lawyers to try the cases.
The starting point for such treasonable comments should be Nairaland and half the population here would go to jail.

1000+ likes
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:56am On May 11, 2013
ochukoccna: Something even the staunchest defenders of Asari fail to ask is IN WHAT WAY HAS OIL BENEFITED & IMPACTED ON THE LIFE OF THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN CITIZEN IN THE LAST 30 years
Hasn't most of this oil wealth been looted and frittered away? undecided

No need to take on Reno& waste valuable internet bandwidth,he's always been a gaseous psycohant cheesy

Stop been clever by half
The idiocy of Adam covering his unclothedness in Eden's garden was as clear as daylight
Sad thing is,he never saw it cool

May heaven bless your hustle
Even the blind know Nigeria is overdue for an SNC
Only that in Nigeria,the blind see clearer than our selffish political class
If not for your last comment on SNC,i would have asked you if you were on some ganja to pose that question to Asari!..
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by TechyGuy: 9:03am On May 11, 2013
Solowande: to be sincere, i didn't see any wrong doing in his(mr Reno) comment.

Thanks for your post. I am not Reno's fan, don't like him, but I didn't see anything he said that the opposition propagandists are using for cheap blackmail here.

If every private individual is to be arrested for treason, Bakare, Buhari, Kaita, Ciroma, Atiku, Gunmi, El-rufai, Lai Muhammed, Fashakin and many more would be in jail now.

By the way, he didn't in that tweet say Dokubo "cannot" be tried for treason. He just used that to "politically" refuse to engage in the discuss about Dokubo.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by TechyGuy: 9:09am On May 11, 2013
ochukoccna: Something even the staunchest defenders of Asari fail to ask is IN WHAT WAY HAS OIL BENEFITED & IMPACTED ON THE LIFE OF THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN CITIZEN IN THE LAST 30 years
Hasn't most of this oil wealth been looted and frittered away? undecided

No need to take on Reno& waste valuable internet bandwidth,he's always been a gaseous psycohant cheesy

Stop been clever by half
The idiocy of Adam covering his unclothedness in Eden's garden was as clear as daylight
Sad thing is,he never saw it cool

In fact, the oil has been stolen since God knows when by the likes of Abacha, helped by your god, Buhari, and other Northern "oligarchs" that has plundered this nation for decades counting.
So, quit spewing trash here when you still support the thieves that you are talking about.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by OurYansh: 9:31am On May 11, 2013
Shyte-brained Reno
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Guk: 9:55am On May 11, 2013
MacLovington: So the same Northerners who started Boko to distabilise the presidency of a Southerner are now making noise about Dokubo.

Boko Haram existed long before GEJ became President. Always chk your facts
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by ATMCARD2(m): 10:18am On May 11, 2013
pheesayor: Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, Mr Reno Omokri has said that the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Peoples Force, Alhaji Asari Dokubo cannot be tried for treason because he is a private individual.

The Presidential aide said this in response to a question posed to him by a concerned Nigerian on twitter Thursday night.

The concerned Nigeria, Abdullahi Aborode who is based in the United Kindgom had asked Mr Omokri why he has been silent about the statement credited to the Niger Delta ex-militant leader, adding whether he doesn’t think Asari Dokubo”s statement amounts to treason and should be taken seriously, but the response that came from the President’s Special Adviser on New Media confirms the suspicions that Asari Dokubo dared make inflammatory statements because he knows he is protected.

“Sir @renoomokri I remembered you berated General Buhari for the ‘bloodshed’ comment, you’ve been silent about Asari Dokubo’s statement…why?”, Aborode asked Reno.

He continued: “Don’t you @renoomokri think that Asari Dokubo’s statement amounts to treason and should be taken seriously?”

Responding however, Reno Omokri simply said “He is a private individual. I have no business with him.”

His statement drew criticism from other twitter users who joined the conversation. They lampooned him for making such a comment, adding that if Asari Dokubo is a private individual, then Boko Haram, unknown gunmen, Ansaru and a countless number of others they mentioned should also be considered as private individuals and treated as such.

Further attempt by Aborode and others to engage Mr Omokri proved abortive as he simply refused to answer to further questions or comments.

See the tweest below:

.Gud ans.Asari am behind u jor.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Orikinla(m): 1:22pm On May 11, 2013
Reno Omokri is clueless.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Brains1313(m): 2:38pm On May 11, 2013
TechyGuy:

In fact, the oil has been stolen since God knows when by the likes of Abacha, helped by your god, Buhari, and other Northern "oligarchs" that has plundered this nation for decades counting.
So, quit spewing trash here when you still support the thieves that you are talking about.

I totally agree with you. While I am not a fan Dokubo, the question I will like to ask is, are they aware that 99% of the oil wells in the Niger Delta are owned by the Northerners?

It is high time the Northern elements realize that this country is not their private estate.
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by Ama28(f): 7:22pm On May 11, 2013
Wrong answer Mr Reno! You should have said Asari is still in your Oga's good book or enjoys immunity!

And I though Mr Reno Omokri was smart with his over cooked english!
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by bombay: 7:26pm On May 11, 2013
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by MacLovington(m): 3:08am On May 12, 2013
Guk:

Boko Haram existed long before GEJ became President. Always chk your facts

Is Obasanjo a Northerner or from Niger Republic? Or SW is not Southern Nigeria any more? Last time I checked SW was part of Southern Protectorate before 1914. You learn your history first.

Tissa don't tiss me nonesense grin
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by NinoGreat(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2013
He is a private individual cos he is a boy to d president baaaa! Why? We all arf nigerians no body should b individual than other. B careful on how u handle things mr president's aids
Re: Dokubo Is A Private Individual - Reno Omokri by vizion: 3:56pm On May 12, 2013
ochukoccna:

Just asking, how would SNC solve the problems of Nigeria? is it going to be opened to anyone to attend, or ppl would be selected/voted to go there.

i ask because I've always heard of SNC, but no one has explain the modalities, and how it would be different from out reps and senators.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many More Deaths? How Long Shall We Mourn? / FG Seeks To Recover Weapons Stockpiled By Politicians Ahead Of 2023 Election / Ayoku, Top Businessman, Dies At 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.