Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71796 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 10, 2013
I'm 31 And Nobody Is Asking My Hand In Marriage

Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by biolabee(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2013
Check this thread you may be able to express yourself
https://www.nairaland.com/1182427/thread-single-ladies

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by pardechevuex(f): 6:36pm On May 10, 2013
Op,I don't think u are doing anything wrong but don't be desperate,I had a friend who was so desperate about getting married when she turned 32 she got d man and they got married bfore she got married she was always saying she will not be single at 33 but guess what?at 33 she became single again cos the man was a cheat and a wife beater.this will not be your case.all I ask you to do is to be patient your ideal man will come and u will be glad you waited

63 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 10, 2013
pardechevuex: Op,I don't think u are doing anything wrong but don't be desperate,I had a friend who was so desperate about getting married when she turned 32 she got d man and they got married bfore she got married she was always saying she will not be single at 33 but guess what?at 33 she became single again cos the man was a cheat and a wife beater.this will not be your case.all I ask you to do is to be patient your ideal man will come and u will be glad you waited

please what else can I do. When everyone in ur family is getting married. If I step outside they say i'm perambulating everywhere. Party, wedding, nightclub is a problem. Im thinking maybe I should rent my own place since I can afford it. I haff tire for the matter.

4 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee: Check this thread you may be able to express yourself
https://www.nairaland.com/1182427/thread-single-ladies

Thanks. Ill look at it. But God how long shall I remain like this?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by baby124: 6:45pm On May 10, 2013
Take your time. You can meet the one any where. Just be open minded. Also, husband will not come and meet you in your house. I know couples that like to drink together. They could have met at a beer parlor. Who knows. grin. Keep being who you are, the man that will appreciate you will, for who you are. And it is better that way. As you dont want to pretend and marry someone who will make you miserable.

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Coldblooded(m): 6:48pm On May 10, 2013
Hmmm! Ok, make I tok in pidgin, firstly- e nobi ur fault say u stil dey single
Secondary- no dey desperate at all e nogo lead u anywhere
Thirdly- pray if u trust in God(but no waka say u dey go meet any spiritualist or man of God cos dem sabi complicate tins)
Fourtly- if d level wey u dey keep dey high too much, try reduce ur class cos tins like dat dey scare potential hubby away(cos of d fear of maintaining u).
Fifth-dont give urself date( as u say u wan marry by d end of d year)cos na God dey giv gud husband.
Lastly sis, if u go club a lot with hope of meeting a potential suitor dia, I don't fink it's d right place, most men chose to go clubbing for fun but time for marriage, dey wil luk for a cool-headed girl somewhere else.
Sixth- 31yrs neva dey too old, my sis married last 2yrs at d age of 35yrs n she dey enjoy d swt marriage now.
Wish u d best!

124 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Acidosis(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2013
You are only 31, woman... Relax your mind and like you said, you can get your own apartment & make sure you live a decent life.

Giving yourself a matrimonial ultimatum is the surest way to fall in the arms of a barbaric groom.

If you believe in prayers, tender your requests to God and attend religious services, marriage seminars, reasonable events.. Don't go about clubbing else you'll only make a mess of yourself in the hands of small small chop & clean mouth dudes.

Resist every form of pride, now that we all know you travel to u.k everyday with a fat salary.

And make sure you dress well and in a responsible not so flashy way.

and then

invite me for your wedding on the 21st of September, 2013!

102 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by greatgod2012(f): 7:17pm On May 10, 2013
@op, relax and never be desperate, when its your appointed time, your appointed man will show up. Its not how far but how well, you may marry late and enjoy your marriage than some of your mates who married earlier.
If you are desperate, you may attract fake men, who may make you forever frustrated and also make you miserable, so, cool down and be optimistic that, at your appointed time, your appointed man will come your way and propose and within short while, get married.
Wishing you goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 10, 2013
Acidosis: You are only 31, woman... Relax your mind and like you said, you can get your own apartment & make sure you live a decent life.

Giving yourself a matrimonial ultimatum is the surest way to fall in the arms of a barbaric groom.

If you believe in prayers, tender your requests to God and attend religious services, marriage seminars, reasonable events.. Don't go about clubbing else you'll only make a mess of yourself in the hands of small small chop & clean mouth dudes.

Resist every form of pride, now that we all know you travel to u.k everyday with a fat salary.

And make sure you dress well and in a responsible not so flashy way.

and then

invite me for your wedding on the 21st of September, 2013!

Amen!!!

12 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On May 10, 2013
afta u must hv rejected many guys, i have a stupid friend gal rit now, she 24 dis year, she keeps giving silly excuses, he has a big yansh, his head is dis, hes a smal boy, hes too stingy, his voice is nt clear, she keep gettin offers yet shes waiting for a dream man dat dont exist, madam maybe guys are scared of coming to u maybe u ugly or ur just too rich nd made tongue

16 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Coldfeet(f): 8:54pm On May 10, 2013
I will say wait and be patient! But I don't think that's what u want to hear at this point! So maybe u should do what my "ageing" friend did! Look for a guy with a sweet gene! A man that can give u sweet looking baby and get pregnant for him! My friend is now married. They say the trend now is 30s baby mamas are more lucrative than non baby mama in dia 30s. Can believe I am going to post this sorta bs!

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Coldfeet(f): 8:54pm On May 10, 2013
I will say wait and be patient! But I don't think that's what u want to hear at this point! So maybe u should do what my "ageing" friend did! Look for a guy with a sweet gene! A man that can give u sweet looking baby and get pregnant for him! My friend is now married. They say the trend now is 30s baby mamas are more lucrative than non baby mama in dia 30s. Cant believe I am going to post this sorta bs!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by HARDDON: 9:50pm On May 10, 2013
Happyness_Chima: Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.

"all d men that approach you are either unsettled or have oηε problem or the other"

What do you mean вч d above statement? Please break it down with instances. D ansa you seek might just be in there.

14 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by HARDDON: 9:52pm On May 10, 2013
Coldfeet: I will say wait and be patient! But I don't think that's what u want to hear at this point! So maybe u should do what my "ageing" friend did! Look for a guy with a sweet gene! A man that can give u sweet looking baby and get pregnant for him! My friend is now married. They say the trend now is 30s baby mamas are more lucrative than non baby mama in dia 30s. Cant believe I am going to post this sorta bs!

shocked
Coldfeet: I will say wait and be patient! But I don't think that's what u want to hear at this point! So maybe u should do what my "ageing" friend did! Look for a guy with a sweet gene! A man that can give u sweet looking baby and get pregnant for him! My friend is now married. They say the trend now is 30s baby mamas are more lucrative than non baby mama in dia 30s. Cant believe I am going to post this sorta bs!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by HARDDON: 9:54pm On May 10, 2013

shocked shocked shocked

Huh?

Wow Wonders

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by oyeyipow(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2013
On a lighter note, please I'll like to see ur picture b4 I can comment OP grin

4 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by oyeyipow(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2013
On a lighter note, please I'll like to see ur picture b4 I can comment OP grin
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coogar: 10:02pm On May 10, 2013

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 10, 2013
coogar:

coogar whats up with posting leonardo di caprio's picture a.k.a jack dawson.did you tell him before posting it.2ndly whats with the look (or are you tripping for the op already :p this is your opportunity na o.you better open up and tell her how you feel 8-) dont let a good girl pass you by) wink
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 10, 2013
Op my 2 cents for you ios to enjoy every phase or stage of your life.dont rush and dont give in to pressure.take your mind of marriage and do the things that make you happy.why i said you should enjoy your singlehood is that when you marry,you will not be like some women saying how i wish i was single or if i was single,i will have done this or that.life is in stages,men are in sizes my dear.if you dont create your own hapiness,marriage cannot give you that hapiness.so like others have said dont rush before you enter into a wrong house where you will come here and be complaining of how irresponsible,uncaring and unfaithful he is

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 10, 2013
Op my 2 cents for you ios to enjoy every phase or stage of your life.dont rush and dont give in to pressure.take your mind of marriage and do the things that make you happy.why i said you should enjoy your singlehood is that when you marry,you will not be like some women saying how i wish i was single or if i was single,i will have done this or that.life is in stages,men are in sizes my dear.if you dont create your own hapiness,marriage cannot give you that hapiness.so like others have said dont rush before you enter into a wrong house where you will come here and be complaining of how irresponsible,uncaring and unfaithful he is.i have a girlfriend who is your age and she is not giving herself headache over her marital status

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Gboliwe: 11:01pm On May 10, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

please what else can I do. When everyone in ur family is getting married. If I step outside they say i'm perambulating everywhere. Party, wedding, nightclub is a problem. Im thinking maybe I should rent my own place since I can afford it. I haff tire for the matter.
You are 31 and you still live with your parents shocked shocked
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by paulemi(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2013
sista,
1) don't pressure urself unnecessarily. @31, u'r not so old.
2) u need 2 work on urself... ur state of mind & all. Seriously speaking, u'r looking in d wrong places & ur family might jst be right 'bout u hanging out in the wrong places.
3) if jst getting married is what u really want, y not say 'yes' 2 one of those "unsettled" fellows. Point exactly? Don't rush it, saying it has 2 b this yr is dangerous 4 u. However, goals setting is good, bt u must condition ur mind & surrounding correctly 2 attract dat which u desire.
4) talk 2 God about it. He'l hear u.

4 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 10, 2013
Gboliwe:
You are 31 and you still live with your parents shocked shocked
what's wrong with that? are you expecting her as a woman to live alone? It's not advisable for an unmarried lady to live alone when her parents are still alive. let her remain in her father's house till she gets married.

15 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 10, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Even if you have the money to rent an apartment, please don't! I won't advise you to do that. It tells a lot when a well to do lady like you live alone. Some men will not be comfortable with it and some gigolos will come knocking at your door. Remain in your father's house till you get married even if others are getting married . Your turn will surely come.

6 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coogar: 11:47pm On May 10, 2013
kulyie: coogar whats up with posting leonardo di caprio's picture a.k.a jack dawson. did you tell him before posting it.2ndly whats with the look (or are you tripping for the op already :p this is your opportunity na o.you better open up and tell her how you feel 8-) dont let a good girl pass you by) wink

i was just reacting to what she said about good genes..... the look = wow!!!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Coldfeet(f): 12:22am On May 11, 2013
coogar:

cheesy now this is what am talking about!

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by amtheone(m): 1:05am On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima: Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.

Happy, u have to take it easy on urself. U don't need to put urself under intense pressure: for such will not help. U maybe thinking that all ur mate are married, its not true.

The most important thing is to prepare yourself for what u are looking for(husband) for u will surely get married.

Don't let family or societal pressure drive u into places that u are not comfortable with. It is not by human power, but it is God that gives husband/wife.
If u are bless with materials, don't let them be a barrier but a blessing, and if u are opportuned to seee other climates don't brag about it so much. Take life simple.

Don't worry so much about ur age. I got married to my wife who is above ur age(our wedding was on d 4th of May 2013), the same age bracket with my wife. As I'm typing this, we are still in the honeymoon though my angel is not feeling too fine.

Again, God can bring ur husband to come and meet u even in ur parents' kitchen. So, its not by how expose u are or where u have been to that matters but ur character and God's time in ur life. Ask me how I met my wife, that will be a diff topic.

Remain blessed.

15 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:38am On May 11, 2013
Awwww Darling. Tell me, what do you want to find in a man that you think is worthy enough to be your husband? What are you looking for in a man that you haven't found in those that are interested in you?

I agree with the poster above me. God will give you a man no matter where you are. 2 Of my siblings met their spouses at home. My sister met her husband who came to visit with a friend of the family. My brother (the first son) met his wife at her parents house when someone introduced him to the family as a young Nigerian looking to meet up with Nigerian families in his state.

I also agree with you that sitting back at home won't Find you a man but you gat to be more concerned about what Gods plans are for you.

Night clubbing to look for a man to settle down with? Is a no no in my book. But then again, you just don't know where you will meet that one person that will change your life. If night club was the place planned for me to meet my husband, trust and believe me when I say I would still be single at this age

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 3:03am On May 11, 2013
Why give urself an ultimatum.beginin of ur problem. Maybe ur standard is 2 high,it scares them instead of attractin them.
A man can and will lv to hang out with u cos u r fun to be wit but will never remember u when he want to settle down
What u wear or drive can make a man that initially want to approach u to walk on by
How u carry ur self matters to a potential husband.
Instead of clubin,divert to church,this is naija and not d west.
Be a worker in ur church
Maybe any man that comes,u pop in d ? Even on d 1st date.
U can get ur potential hubby any where,even in ur parent's parlour.
Its not by look but charisma
Most importantly tru d grace of God

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by bukatyne(f): 3:03am On May 11, 2013
amtheone:

Happy, u have to take it easy on urself. U don't need to put urself under intense pressure: for such will not help. U maybe thinking that all ur mate are married, its not true.

The most important thing is to prepare yourself for what u are looking for(husband) for u will surely get married.

Don't let family or societal pressure drive u into places that u are not comfortable with. It is not by human power, but it is God that gives husband/wife.
If u are bless with materials, don't let them be a barrier but a blessing, and if u are opportuned to seee other climates don't brag about it so much. Take life simple.

Don't worry so much about ur age. I got married to my wife who is above ur age(our wedding was on d 4th of May 2013), the same age bracket with my wife. As I'm typing this, we are still in the honeymoon though my angel is not feeling too fine.

Again, God can bring ur husband to come and meet u even in ur parents' kitchen. So, its not by how expose u are or where u have been to that matters but ur character and God's time in ur life. Ask me how I met my wife, that will be a diff topic.

Remain blessed.

Congrats!

You sure say madam never catch the ball? Lol!

@OP: others have said it all. Analyze the characteristics you want in your dream husband, develop them yourself and your husband will be attracted to you.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.