Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71787 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 11, 2013
Tashamania:

There! Quite an epistle undecided you didn't have to go through all that. Good girl, nice girl, best girl? What else? undecided
For all I know, OP might be better than you in all ramification (no offence), but everybody's destiny aint meant to be the same. Like OP said, most women have had similar experience, even more. God knows why she aint married at this age and I tell you, it is for the best.smiley

As for the bolded, why don't you give it a try? grin am sure my bro wouldn't wait for you to leave your husband's house before taking you down the aisle grin grin

Ish! Like it's that easy

I am trying to help the sister get a husband which is what she desires
If you have tips to give her,please do
That is her purpose for the thread

If you have had single friends cry on your shoulders in their late 30S about no suitors,you will know what I'm asking about
For those who desire to marry the ages 22-30 are your best years with men at your beck and call,after that you must do what u can to be hitched before 35 or else,na only miracle remain or you settle for divorcee,rejected lunatics and polygamists or marry men well below your status out of frustration
That is the plain truth if she wants to marry a Nigerian male
No time for all that political correctness

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima: Thanks. I'm grateful for the replies.

Sorry if I offended anyone by mentioning UK. Wh[b]at I meant to explain is I'm always on holidays to London to relax and expand my search my a husband. I work in rotational shifts so when I get 4 weeks off, I like to use it to travel which is like 5-6 times a year[/b]. I'm not bragging ot showing off. I don't even go for shopping or live lavish when I visit there. Maybe it wasn't worth mentioning so I'm sorry.

I'm a catholic but started attending winners. I'm active in my Church even though most women are there for the same thing. They gossip too much and all that. Most of these brothers are not what i'm looking for or they're sometimes naïve and me I can't settle for any man anyhow. I like activities so I go out a lot and don't partake in irresponsible things. I'm just ready to have a husband and my own home. When you meet a man that's not settled, they usually bring their baggage to me and as a single woman I don't think I should be feeding any man. My siblings are getting hitched and im feeling the pressure to have my own.

What do you mean by all this?
I said earlier that the qualities you are looking for are either unattainable or your attitude is even repelling the money bags you are looking for from coming to ask your hand in marriage.
There are every calibre of men in the church and in all the places you tell us you go to
And they are marrying fellow women like you with one head every blessed day
I once told a friend in plain terms to re evaluate what she is looking for in a man
You are not perfect
So don't expect anyone to be and you need to ask yourself what you are not doing right
You see those men you are describing in such terms,when you reach 38,you will be praying for a man that has one fifth of their qualities.
But if you want to listen to those who will tell you what you want to hear,that is your cup of tea.

Btw what type of job in Nigeria do you do such that you can afford to travel to London 5 to 6 times a year
The only ladies that can do this also have homes in prime areas of Abuja and there are some sugar daddies footing the bill.
No salary in Nigeria or anywhere else will afford you that luxury and you know what I'm talking about
Most of these ladies are still single because they wasted their youthful years and the same men they want to get married to have ears.

6 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 11, 2013
my dear happiness, it appears you set a standard for a possible husband which could pass a wrong impression to suitors. Dont be deceived, time is not on your side. Calm your ego, go for a beach walk, clear your thoughts, look for joy instead of a well settled man. and who says you cant assist a man to get up to your standard? well, Good luck kiss

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 11, 2013
babyosisi:

I am trying to help the sister get a husband which is what she desires
If you have tips to give her,please do
That is her purpose for the thread

If you have had single friends cry on your shoulders in their late 30S about no suitors,you will know what I'm asking about
For those who desire to marry the ages 22-30 are your best years with men at your beck and call,after that you must do what u can to be hitched before 35 or else,na only miracle remain or you settle for divorcee,rejected lunatics and polygamists or marry men well below your status out of frustration
That is the plain truth if she wants to marry a Nigerian male
No time for all that political correctness

LOL@ helping a sister get a husband!
Did it just end in telling us how beautiful, nice, good, best you were when you were single? I thought there was going to be more to that undecided Maybe introducing OP to one of your numerous goodlooking and handsome suitors that are still single. How about that, huh? smiley

And hell, don't even preach to me like I don't live in the real world. I know that these things do happen just like you do. And yes, I already gave poster some advice. You can check the 11th post away from this post and you will be glad you did smileysmiley
Plus I don't even see how your so-called advice is any better or unique or even different from other people's advice. You should have just spared us your history lessons on how you were the best girl every man loved and the others would just be fine. smileysmiley

8 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 11, 2013
Let me jump and pass

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 11, 2013
esere826: Happyness, happyness... how many time i call u?

When i see person wen acheeive wetin i go like acheive
what i usually do is to learn from the person
(not what the person says he does, but what he actually does)

babyosisi don talk
the truth is that when i clicked on her profile and saw the topics she was engaged in
i fell in love with her immediately

A friend of mine was engaged to a beautiful girl in nigeria
he met and fell in love with a normal looking but extremely talkatively intelligent girl in the UK
Na God save that girl for Nigeria.. she was on her way out
but the guy got a job in 9ja and had to move back to his 1st love

I am flattered
Lol
I know a girl that rejected a man I introduced to her to and went around scandalizing me saying that I introduced her to an Igbotic man
This is after she had been rejected by a previous man I introduced her to because of her above 30 age
Well the Igbotic man is now happily married
My friend is still single and can't find the Igbotic men she rejected in the previous years
The only men looking her direction are divorcees and men rejected by other women
Psychos
That is the result of not doing tum bom tum bom and picking one in your prime grin not waiting till you become prayer topic

4 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Yvete(f): 7:21pm On May 11, 2013
This is too funny!!! grin grin

@ Babyosisi: You don't mean harm, but your comment could be interpreted differently. Its seems like the poster was not pleased that's why she said "most women have had these experiences" and she's right. We know what happens when women are imported from Nigeria to meet men over here. It mostly ends up sour. #BraggingRights for some though.

@ OP: As ladies get older, we increase our activities at Church and most men at Church ain't no better. My friend was fighting with a lady over a guy in the choir. The guy was two-timing, married a different lady and brought her into the same choir. shocked On sundays, I don't know how they all get along. Crazy! This is the same lady that I tried to hook up with a friend. She complained that he sounds like 'Nna Bros' on the phone and refused to date him. lolz.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 11, 2013
Yvete: This is too funny!!! grin grin

@ Babyosisi: You don't mean harm, but your comment could be interpreted differently. Its seems like the poster wasn't pleased that's why she said "Most women have had these experiences" and she's right. We know what happens when women are imported from Nigeria to meet men over here. It mostly ends up sour. #BraggingRights for some though.

@ OP: As ladies get older, we increase our activities at Church and most men at Church ain't no better. My friend was fighting with a lady over a guy in the choir. The guy was two-timing, went and married another lady and brought her into the same choir. shocked On sundays, I don't know how they all get along. Crazy! This is the same lady that my friend liked and she complained that he sounds like 'Nna Bros' on the phone and refused to date him. lolz.

I mean no harm my dear,just calling it like it is
31 is still young-ish ,this is the time or else she will start carrying pictures of men and leaving at the altars in prayer houses like many desperate women in Nigeria do
Nobody should wait till that time
Look at that Uloma that wanted to marry that Solomon the actor that left a pregnant wife,still legally married to two women
What else will make a woman that desperate to marry a married man except that age is not on her side.

Before anyone starts talking nonsense,I know marriage is not a do or die,neither is it an answer to all things
I know that not everyone wants marriage either
For the benefit of those that will charge at me like nkita

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 11, 2013
Vikin:

My dear, marriage does not equal happiness..try to make yourself happy, because if you are not happy as a single lady you can never be happy as a married lady! undecided

Be yourself, give love to everyone....elderly, kids, less privileged etc, you can never tell where love will find you.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by ITbomb(m): 7:53pm On May 11, 2013
I thought we had agreed
31 is just a number, you are still young inside.
Abegi , saturday night tinz gurl.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Jaykizz(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2013
Plz stp d ultimatum hish at op. I av a sis dat's quite ur age mate n she's nt yet married aswel.
End Point: it's nt only u dat is in ds situatn so dnt complicate tinz 4 ursef. Wait unto God 4 God's tym n dnt 4get to b prayaful.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 11, 2013
babyosisi:

What do you mean by all this?
I said earlier that the qualities you are looking for are either unattainable or your attitude is even repelling the money bags you are looking for from coming to ask your hand in marriage.
There are every calibre of men in the church and in all the places you tell us you go to
And they are marrying fellow women like you with one head every blessed day
I once told a friend in plain terms to re evaluate what she is looking for in a man
You are not perfect
So don't expect anyone to be and you need to ask yourself what you are not doing right
You see those men you are describing in such terms,when you reach 38,you will be praying for a man that has one fifth of their qualities.
But if you want to listen to those who will tell you what you want to hear,that is your cup of tea.

Btw what type of job in Nigeria do you do such that you can afford to travel to London 5 to 6 times a year
The only ladies that can do this also have homes in prime areas of Abuja and there are some sugar daddies footing the bill.
No salary in Nigeria or anywhere else will afford you that luxury and you know what I'm talking about
Most of these ladies are still single because they wasted their youthful years and the same men they want to get married to have ears.

Babyosisi, u are wrong by saying no job in naija can afford u travelling 5 or 6 times. She mentioned she wirks rotation. 4 weeks in and out. I imagine if its oil sector, she can well spend her off weeks anywhere in the world. What u have to do is tell ur employer where the book ur flight , to and fro. Offshore jobs on rotation pays a lot. Ask people around.

Op, open ur mind to people around you. Since u have the money, u should be after settling with guys that have good morals not necessary wealthy.

6 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 11, 2013
babyosisi:

Jehovah!! What kind of rest-less married woman are you biko? You said no salary in Nigeria will afford 5 trips to the UK? that shows ur financial level. i have nothing to say but whats so special about this UK that has been biting you this woman since. I even apologized that I want others to understand what I do with my life and how I spend my time so they can advice because its biting u seriously. Flight ticket to London is only 90K. You claim to know everything abt wild girls and their lifestyle. How did you know all these if u were not one of them? I passed out from unijos by the age of 23. I'm not baby for you to boss around online. Is this how you treat your single friends. Show me one woman that has never had a suitor abroad. What have I done to warrant all this insults?

20 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 11, 2013
Vikin: Babyosisi, u are wrong by saying no job in naija can afford u travelling 5 or 6 times. She mentioned she wirks rotation. 4 weeks in and out. I imagine if its oil sector, she can well spend her off weeks anywhere in the world. What u have to do is tell ur employer where the book ur flight , to and fro. Offshore jobs on rotation pays a lot. Ask people around.

Op, open ur mind to people around you. Since u have the money, u should be after settling with guys that have good morals not necessary wealthy.

I haff tire for the matter. Everyone knows what rotational shift means. If she doesn't that's her cup of tea.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 11, 2013
Tashamania: There! Quite an epistle undecided you didn't have to go through all that. Good girl, nice girl, best girl? What else? undecided
For all I know, OP might be better than you in all ramification (no offence), but everybody's destiny aint meant to be the same. Like OP said, most women have had similar experience, even more. God knows why she aint married at this age and I tell you, it is for the best.smiley

As for the bolded, why don't you give it a try? grin am sure my bro wouldn't wait for you to leave your husband's house before taking you down the aisle grin grin

Ish! Like it's that easy

Is it wrong that I mentioned UK? I even came back to clarify. She wants to ridicule me for no reason. If I knew how inconsiderate people can be, I won't open a topic like this.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Acidosis(m): 8:30pm On May 11, 2013
Nah, there is nothing wrong with your write-up.

Just believe & have faith.

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Jehovah!! What kind of rest-less married woman are you biko? You said no salary in Nigeria will afford 5 trips to the UK? that shows ur financial level. i have nothing to say but whats so special about this UK that has been biting you this woman since. I even apologized that I want others to understand what I do with my life and how I spend my time so they can advice because its biting u seriously. Flight ticket to London is only 90K. You claim to know everything abt wild girls and their lifestyle. How did you know all these if u were not one of them? I passed out from unijos by the age of 23. I'm not baby for you to boss around online. Is this how you treat your single friends. Show me one woman that has never had a suitor abroad. What have I done to warrant all this insults?

LOL@ the restless married woman.

Please, don't even take to heart what most people say on here because you might be surprised at the outcome of it if you do. It could be this bad.
It's to her own headache she doesn't know that there are good jobs here that even pay off more than in the UK she's having wahala over.

You seen nothing yet and there would be more. You need not bother yourself. Those who understand your post, understood it quite well and gave sweet advices. So, needless you bothering yourself on a novice that knows nothing yet claiming she knows all. Imagine saying no job in Nigeria can pay off to have a vacation anywhere in the world. undecided SMH.

Truly, who knows how much baby-osisi gets as as salary wherever she works for making such ridiculous statement. I don't know what people see Nigeria as again, really undecided

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 8:40pm On May 11, 2013
happyness

i have taken back my words
no follow babyosis again
she dey player hate you

oil companies pay well and give people off
everyone knows this

I know both guys and gals that earn tens of millions annualy in oil jobs
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Is it wrong that I mentioned UK? I even came back to clarify. She wants to ridicule me for no reason. If I knew how inconsiderate people can be, I won't open a topic like this.

Trust me, there are people amidst their 'perfect' marriages, that are still envious of successful single ladies wink
Don't regret a dime, if not, they would be happy they brought you down. Hating is everywhere

9 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stevecantrell: 8:51pm On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Someone once said; don't bring personal issues here (NL). Think he was right.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 8:55pm On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima

will you date me?
I never get money or moto yet
but i get sense well well
I have potential

No worry, i no go chop your money
I wont drive your car either
you wont also pay for me to travel with u
I will just be at the airport to pick u with a taxi when u arrive

I live in a self contained BQ, u can visit me when u are off
when u travel, me and u go dey Skype

If you no like my wardrobe
u go change am to suit your taste

4 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 11, 2013
Meanwhile, why are you still in your parents house?
It's time you started making yourself happy. If you want to live alone, then do it since you can afford it.

If you want a good car, get it!

If you like clubbing...then go there maybe you can also see your missing rib there....una go club tire tongue

If you are the church type, then continue..but I really not see any reason for you to change church because you are searching.

Treat yourself good Abeg!

Once you do that, you will see the people that comes to you.

Above all, have an open mind!
smiley

Don't bother about some frustrated people here, they can do you no harm. Just ignore them. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stevecantrell: 8:58pm On May 11, 2013
Heh ! Heh!

Sounds like blackmail to me .

I'll keep an eye on this thread tongue

esere826: Happyness_Chima

will you date me?
I have potential

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 11, 2013
esere826: Happyness_Chima

will you date me?
I have potential

Put your CV here, your full picture, your reference, as a nairaland family, we need to make sure you are what you say you are? undecided tongue
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 11, 2013
steve_cantrell: Heh ! Heh!

Sounds like blackmail to me .

I'll keep an eye on this thread tongue

If you are interested, just say so undecided..
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coogar: 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stevecantrell: 9:09pm On May 11, 2013
Vikin:

If you are interested, just say so undecided..

No, I'm probably too young for the OP and happy with my current program. wink
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:11pm On May 11, 2013
steve_cantrell:

No, I'm probably too young for the OP.

how many years u be?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:14pm On May 11, 2013
Vikin:

Put your CV here, your full picture, your reference, as a nairaland family, we need to make sure you are what you say you are? undecided tongue

Make Happyness make the request naw
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stevecantrell: 9:15pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

how many years u be?

Even if I'm 1year younger than the OP, I'm sure its too young for her. Besides, I'm not really into all that going to UK stuff. Been there and done that..for many years.

She needs a good traveling companion who can tolerate that place.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 11, 2013
A close friend of mine sent me, this message:
There's no Absolute Finish line for everyone in the race of Life.
Our tracks are different and Durations are different. The only thing We have in common is the Empire.
For instance, One person graduates @ age 20 and struggles for another 5 yrs to get a job;
Another might graduate @ 27 and get a job immediately.
One can marry a Virgin and wait the next decade to have the blessings of children, another lady probably after taking series of pills not to get pregnant after sexing different series of guys in her past becomes A mother almost immediately after 9months of marriage.
A fellow becomes MD @38 and dies @56... Another becomes MD @ 55 and lives to 90...!
What a Life!....life is full of twists, turns , ups and downs with many more surprises and disappointments .. It's up to us to each one of us to prepare patiently , wait , recognize and utilize every opportunity.. We learn on the way.. No one knows it all OR has it BETTER, no one .
There's a reason why we all don't fall or rise at the same time. It's so that when one is down, weak and discouraged , The other who is Strong can encourage and Lift the other person

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Frustrated With My Wife / Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.