Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71774 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Malawian(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2013
@ o.p, i myself had made up my mind that my wife must be at least 30. i am not intrested in kids as wife so you are still young enough. that said, the woman must not be bigger than me, cos i dont want a husband beater cheesy cheesy cheesy

if all fails, you can advertise yourself on google trader. undecided undecided
dont mind me for the bolded.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by BankuTilapia: 12:17pm On May 13, 2013
dailywealth1967: Stay at home.Donot consider renting a house of your own becos people will start gossipping & giving you bad names.Solution:God will send a man who has the exact same character as your dad as husband.WATCH OUT in next 3months.Wedding takes place in december,2013
Stop talking trash n be realistic for once in ur damn life, u can't Jux find a man den in few months marry him.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Lilimax(f): 12:25pm On May 13, 2013
OLE-BRUKU:
1. keep staying with your parents.
Assuming she is working and she is posted to a place where she has no relation,
would she still stay with her parents
I don't totally agree with you wink
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by damiso(f): 12:37pm On May 13, 2013
Sidewap.com:

I share your pain but I think you should also take into consideration these opinion of mine
» Reduce your flashy dressing
» Reduce your class
» Don't show your despiracy to any man cos he may end up dumping you
» Please, please and please, never give your all to any man but that does not mean you should't be heads down as soon as you get one. May be me, Only God knows

I really hate this advise.Seriously life is too short who knows when one will die, so because i want to marry and i see nice clothes i should not buyGosh When is the best time to spoil yourself a lil than when you are single and not directly responsible for and to other people?Gosh Nigerians

Poster i will give you the same advise i give my younger sister who is beggining to get harassed(she is 28),be happy in who you are first and foremost.No one and i mean no one is going to make you happy,not your husband,not your kids.Thats why we have alot of issues in marriage cos after all the wedding razmattaz you realise you are with a human being who has all flaws and shortcomings.

Dont be thinking like there is an ultimatum and i soo love an intial post about how we all accomplish things at different times.I know someone who got married at 24 and waited 12 yrs for a child and my uncle wife got married at 35 she had 3 kids in 5 yrs.Thankfully she built her career before marriage and she can comfortably raise her kids without necessarily losing much.I have had to make career sacrifices because of my kids and sometimes i wonder where i would be now if i probably continued on the career path(i just wonder though o i love being married and being a mother).Juggling further education,career,a young family is not easy and i wish i finished most if not all of the certifications before child rearing.My sister is an.authority in her field and is being head hunted

Sis,calm.down.There is no race in this thing.As my siggy says Life is a marathon not a sprint.Its better to be single than to be in a miserable marriage.

8 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stainlessino: 12:48pm On May 13, 2013
hello u may not see where u are faulty,is only ur close friend that will tell u that what u do something is not good as a lady that what to marry somebody that god made for u in future which that so girl are not wife material remove ur self bad friend and ask god to forgive and help to find ur real husband that is own opinion.if that mined let me have ur number.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by babdav2015(m): 1:03pm On May 13, 2013
ok
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by vlove1: 1:15pm On May 13, 2013
PLS CONTACT ME I HAVE SOMEBODY NICE AND GOD FEARING LOOKING FOR A WIFE.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by vlove1: 1:17pm On May 13, 2013
Pls contact me on juliano213@yahoo.com
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by aydotcome: 1:34pm On May 13, 2013
@ op
I understand what you are passing through .Don't let depression sets in, as it could lead to frustration.Seeking the face of God is the surest way to get the right partner.I am also in same situation with you, we share some things in common, as choice of partner.But will advise, you desist from Clubbing, partying that are UnGodly or not decent.
We may find a common interest in each other as a single and good to set individuals. why not call my line on 08065454909 so we can discuss..Till then, am back to Work.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by bukatyne(f): 2:33pm On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Back to my original response

Is it by force to marry?

Poster, stay on this section for a week and I promise you you'll be more than happy with your single life grin

'Marriage is like a besieged city; those inside want to get out and those outside want to get in'

author unknown

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by pawesome(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2013
U re 31 n still living with ur parents?...even if na me b ur bro or sis,i go chuk u yarns...grow up n b responsible 4 urself..evryman luvs a responsible woman...try been responsible 4 urself n c hw de wil cum lik birds...is nt by sayn amen to prayers o.shift frm ur comfort zone n c wt wil happen to ur life grin
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coputa(m): 3:00pm On May 13, 2013
A great marriage is not when the 'perèct couple' comes together,it is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.....wear the veil now, so that you will not see all the shortcomings of your man.....dont be a bride that wears a veil at her second marriage because she wants to see what she is getting.....
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by econome(m): 3:25pm On May 13, 2013
CAN WE SEE YOUR RECENT PHOTOS?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Adeyemize(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2013
Remain single for lyf or go be sister..
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by ppness(f): 4:15pm On May 13, 2013
[quote author=Cold blooded]Hmmm! Ok, make I tok in pidgin, firstly- e nobi ur fault say u stil dey single
Secondary- no dey desperate at all e nogo lead u anywhere
Thirdly- pray if u trust in God(but no waka say u dey go meet any spiritualist or man of God cos dem sabi complicate tins)
Fourtly- if d level wey u dey keep dey high too much, try reduce ur class cos tins like dat dey scare potential hubby away(cos of d fear of maintaining u).
Fifth-dont give urself date( as u say u wan marry by d end of d year)cos na God dey giv gud husband.
Lastly sis, if u go club a lot with hope of meeting a potential suitor dia, I don't fink it's d right place, most men chose to go clubbing for fun but time for marriage, dey wil luk for a cool-headed girl somewhere else.
Sixth- 31yrs neva dey too old, my sis married last 2yrs at d age of 35yrs n she dey enjoy d swt marriage now.
Wish u d best![THANk U VERY MUCH 4 ur good advise honestly u 've given me hope b|c her case is similar with mine]
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by sunnyprof: 5:16pm On May 13, 2013
What happens to those days of bachelors and spinster?

Young men that are working rent a small apartment (2 or 3 together) and live full bachelor life of cooking, washing, sweeping and gathering some possessions, then in few years, prepare for marriage and moving into a bigger apartment around their wedding date.

Spinsters do same and cook a lot, take food to the office and gather a few properties they will make use of when they eventually marry. In between, they visit their boyfriend (one)in the open glare of everyone but focused (even when they fall to the end of romance, sex, the situation was always easier to manage)to the end of the game : Marriage.

But these days marriage is like cash and carry fast food. Only ready when you want it. No wonder we can't plan and have lasting relationships.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Itulah(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2013
Are you from ALUU community or from Imo State?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 13, 2013
HARDDON:

Seee d bolded? Sure riz. We all must not come here to τaικ brag tales b4 we pass on our msges.

Well , since itz bragging time, it might intrest you to ĸпoω i was born into opulence( titled Prince) And I'm d youngest title holder that sits and take /makes critical decisions that affects thousands of lives.

How about that?
SMH sad
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nogen: 9:38pm On May 13, 2013
pawesome: U re 31 n still living with ur parents?...even if na me b ur bro or sis,i go chuk u yarns...grow up n b responsible 4 urself..evryman luvs a responsible woman...try been responsible 4 urself n c hw de wil cum lik birds...is nt by sayn amen to prayers o.shift frm ur comfort zone n c wt wil happen to ur life grin

There's nothing wrong with her living with her parents please. She's a woman not a man. I guess op is from the Eastern part of the country and it is customary for unmarried ladies to live with their parents or relatives till they are married. Living alone makes single ladies very vulnerable and remember this is Africa not the West. Thanks.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by jaysm(f): 10:28pm On May 13, 2013
women and marriage issues, no go take ppl papa o!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by mkoabiola: 10:55pm On May 13, 2013
@ op u don do shakra tire back den 4 guys dat would av been ur husband.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 13, 2013
**Village things**
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Segunagagu(m): 8:32am On May 14, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

please what else can I do. When everyone in ur family is getting married. If I step outside they say i'm perambulating everywhere. Party, wedding, nightclub is a problem. Im thinking maybe I should rent my own place since I can afford it. I haff tire for the matter.
U are d cause of it. Stop going to parties,clubs,etc. U can't find a good husband dere. Be closer. Sorry CLOSEST. And he will never dissapint u
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:04am On May 14, 2013
babyosisi: Not to boast or anything but before I got married,suitors were pursuing me day and night
People were even going to ask my parents for my hand without my knowledge
I had on occasion been stopped on the road and a woman is toasting me for her son in America grin grin grin
Friends wanted their older brothers to marry me
And I am not particularly a Miss Nigeria but an average looking babe
I didn't set out to attract suitors ,I was just being myself
And after I got marriage I have had people meet me and ask if I had a younger sister

@ the poster,your personality will attract people to you
Your personality will make people want to introduce you to people
You need to be friendly and pleasant in your disposition
Smile at people and don't be stuck up
You will be approachable when you appear friendly,you can never go wrong with a friendly attitude,it will open other doors for you too.

I am married today but I know without a doubt that if I were to be single at this moment,I would remarry in a flash if I wanted to
You are either repelling the good guys unknowingly or you don't even recognize them when they come.
YOU ARE TOO FOOL, SORRY FULL OF YOURSELF
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Damianobi(m): 9:08am On May 14, 2013
Na rev sister sure pass
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:12am On May 14, 2013
OP THINKS SHES THE ONLY ONE WITHOUT BAGGAGE, YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING TOO MUCH JERRY SPRINGER, THE WAY YOU KEEP STRESSING THAT WORD, LOOK THERE IS NO PERFECT DUDE OR GIRL EVERYONE HAS PERSONALITY BAGGAGE, CASH BAGGAGE ETC, FIND SOMEONE YOU THINK YOU CONNECT WITH, MEET HALFWAY WITH HIM...........................MARRY HIM!

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by temple(m): 9:23am On May 14, 2013
Relax, you will meet him tomorrow and after getting on well which might take between 2-4 years, you will marry him... is that ok?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:04am On May 14, 2013
Nogen:

?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 14, 2013
One more thing- there is nothing wrong with you living with your parents or family at 31, in fact, it is even encouraging because of the nature of our society. So pls don't think the reason for your being single at 31 is becos you are still living with your family, thats FALLACY!!! Men will even rush you more when they see that you are living with your family cos it gives them an involuntary sense of "you are responsible".

Again, at 31, you are still a popular demand in my own opinion o.....cos I can't ever marry a girl below the age of 25, reasons best known to me....and I encourage guys to marry ladies of your age cos ladies of that age do cherish and love their hubby a lot....unlike most under 25 ladies who still think life is all about fun! fun! fun!

So relax yourself, change every negative character or trait you have if you can....devoted prayer and fasting is important here....become a committed member in your church, stop mingling with married ladies, and avoid going out in group...I mean, detach yourself from those circle of high-fly single ladies you move around with....it will make it difficult for a reasonable guy who isn't a playboy to reach for you....

and like some posters did suggested earlier, pls if you can, dress down....dressing too flashy may scare away reasonable men cos most do see ladies that dress flashy as carry-and-go or chop and clean mouth, and I speak from a male perspective, so don't ignore this....but I don't mean you should start dressing like a nun or unattractive; remember, physical attraction matters, so always look adorable and not just HOT and PROVOCATIVE if you want to attract reasonable men out for good....

Beware of online affairs, and if you must go into one, be very cautious, pray and don't give your heart too fast....test before you trust, and don't meet in secret places.....still wishing you the best.

...and lastly, here are some secrets to getting guys to recognize you for good purposes.

Note: It is just my own suggestions, you can chose to try them or not...but they may help, no harm in trying.

1. develop passion for football, and identify a good and serene place where there is a football viewing center- whenever you are free, go there and watch match and possibly become a fan of a certain club....any guy that meets you there, will definitely take you serious....and when going, don't dress like you are going for a party, dress low and adorable and when necessary, comment on the match or previous one. Pls do visit one where responsible working class or business guys go to, and avoid drinking alcohol....

2. Like I said earlier, don't ignore visiting village again....visit during festive periods and go out with your cousins to watch matches, weddings, etc...and be free....

3. Avoid night clubbing....don't keep too many male friends....and avoid wearing all those Brazilian hair- most Nigerian guys don't like it on a girl they want to take serious, including- Paddy Adenuga and whoever you are thinking off right now....

Leave the fake Nigerian male celebrities out of this cos most aren't living a real life....so don't use them as a yardstick.....live a decent life.

4. if you must search online, avoid official dating websites and any romance community! You can start a blog and just discuss your hobbies, your favorites and your travel experiences.....maybe from there...hmmmm.....again, connect with people on Gmail plus and just don't have romance in mind......

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by slimmoney(m): 2:07pm On May 14, 2013
Acidosis: You are only 31, woman... Relax your mind and like you said, you can get your own apartment & make sure you live a decent life.

Giving yourself a matrimonial ultimatum is the surest way to fall in the arms of a barbaric groom.

If you believe in prayers, tender your requests to God and attend religious services, marriage seminars, reasonable events.. Don't go about clubbing else you'll only make a mess of yourself in the hands of small small chop & clean mouth dudes.

Resist every form of pride, now that we all know you travel to u.k everyday with a fat salary.

And make sure you dress well and in a responsible not so flashy way.

and then

invite me for your wedding on the 21st of September, 2013!
Amen o! Abeg no 4get to invite me if time don reach o

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by mattress: 3:28pm On May 14, 2013
i am interested,this is my email address(ucheworld81@yahoo.com)lets start from their. cheers dear. i work in abuja from imo state or better still cal 08098017577
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by hisableplc(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2013
Still on this TOPIC....hahan i beg jor.... moderator close thread hahan person wey one marry self no talk reach this na una just dey increase volume of thread this post go collect award if u r not creful oh person join NL few days and post only one topic waka comot una dey here dey talk fight o ga oh because of one man abi.

I offfially close this thread

THREAD CLOSED.
GBAM

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.