Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? (13119 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins? / Interested In Old Naira Notes And Coins (Collector) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 12, 2013
my dad still has one naira and ten naira of the 80's at home. I use to have ten naira and twenty naira note(the one's of b4 the polymer note. I dunno who stole it. So painful.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by amukejk: 1:17pm On May 12, 2013
i have it too. Just thought it would be worth saving for memory sake.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by yuzedo: 1:22pm On May 12, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Guy U harsh oh, na so U take invest for ur descendants?
Damn you omo-pitakwa!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by djeezy(m): 1:22pm On May 12, 2013
Yeah, i still have it. Hoarded the notes in my grandma's box. I hope, it'll become hot cake in th future.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by donphilopus: 1:27pm On May 12, 2013
Why all these questions?
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Princessaleeza: 1:32pm On May 12, 2013
Yes I still av d coins wit me
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by dagentility(f): 1:40pm On May 12, 2013
Dont even hav any wit me i move wit new trends
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Mobsync(m): 1:41pm On May 12, 2013
I don't know how much I have but it would most likely run into thousands. From old 1 naira, 1 kobo notes and coins to old fifty naira notes (big ones and non-polymer small ones). I just love keeping them.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by 18wheeler: 1:47pm On May 12, 2013
I've got the old 10 & 5 naira notes, then I've kept all the polymer denominations since I heard they'll be withdrawn soon. Still looking for the old 20 & 50 notes. Hope to get them soon.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by extension: 1:48pm On May 12, 2013
Well,I have 50,5 and 1 biafran pounds sterling I bought from mallams at federal palace hotel in 1985.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by topeorekoy(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2013
I have 5,10,20 and 50 note but do not know the total value.

I have coins too
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by premlove(m): 1:50pm On May 12, 2013
linuses: so it possible that anything no matter how irrelevent it is can make front page. i have them but why do want to know if i have them?
how is this topic irrelevant u always want negative new eeehhhh mr man
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by ezedolar: 1:53pm On May 12, 2013
Gari price is too high now so no money both old and new
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by cupid4ig(m): 1:55pm On May 12, 2013
I still have up to 25k in 50 naira notes angry
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by hrhobi1(m): 1:58pm On May 12, 2013
I HAVE BIAFRA CURRENCY LIKE 200 IN DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Tingles(m): 1:58pm On May 12, 2013
LORDEST:

Na where u get this note

N1

It was carefully concealed somewhere in my miserly Uncle's house.

maninmood:

Can I buy that from you, please? I can pay 10,000naira. So shameful of me, I don't have these valuable possessions

hehehehhehehe....I have 13 N1 notes, lets do business, buy everything.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by idriis: 2:06pm On May 12, 2013
I have 2 ten naira notes and a 5 naira note still new....gota have em framed yameeean....na our best money be dat before dat mumu soludo come change tins... Skata everytin! Yawyaw man!
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Policewoman(f): 2:08pm On May 12, 2013
I still have the old Nigerian pounds.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 12, 2013
No, I don't, and why would anybody keep old currency? Please don't tell me it's for historical purpose.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by bremo(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2013
N1 of old times

Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by azpekuliar: 2:34pm On May 12, 2013
Still got the old N20 in ma trunk.

Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 12, 2013
can you post a picture?
Policewoman: I still have the old Nigerian pounds.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by onlymase(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2013
Yes i do. I have about N400 plus. Keeping it for my future family private museum
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by hikmoj(m): 2:50pm On May 12, 2013
But u didnt tel us how much u stil hav wit u.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by wakes: 2:51pm On May 12, 2013
I don't have but I won't be surprised if I see an old person still keeping them in huge amounts, especially those in villages.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 12, 2013
That's my hobby! I am an old currency collector. I have in my stash a total of N162.50K in exotic notes which I carry around with me.

I have coins too, but I don't fancy carrying them around due to their weight. Thus I prefer being a paper currency collector rather than a numismatist.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by possibilita(m): 3:04pm On May 12, 2013
i have them all to remind me how our nation is changing,i even i a 1naira note and many other for reference purpose and future lecturing.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by lynxnoon(m): 3:04pm On May 12, 2013
olu_kenzo :
That's my hobby! I am an old currency collector. I have in my stash a total of N162.50K in exotic notes which I carry around with me.

I have coins too, but I don't fancy carrying them around due to their weight. Thus I prefer being a paper currency collector rather than a numismatist.
since u r a collector . . i would advice u keep those notes in a safe place, probably at home or bank deposit, cos u could easily lose the wallet wink
cheers
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by metti(m): 3:16pm On May 12, 2013
grin
Uchenna42: ....I used to have.....but thieves invaded my house ąπ∂ stole them cheesy
U sure say no be rat chop am for ur house?
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by masterpiecer(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2013
SlyIg: I see an old currency as Juju!
ha ha ha,
very funny, but y?

1 Like

Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 12, 2013
lynxnoon:
since u r a collector . . i would advice u keep those notes in a safe place, probably at home or bank deposit, cos u could easily lose the wallet wink
cheers

Touché!

I started carrying them around when I misplaced the 1st few ones including the old Pounds. Now I always know where they are --with me.

Again, what if I manage to lose the bag or wallet? --Same fate as the pounds. Thus they're better in a safe at home or sth.
Re: Are You Still In Possession Of Old Naira Notes? by pato405(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2013
maninmood:

Can I buy that from you, please? I can pay 10,000naira. So shameful of me, I don't have these valuable possessions

Tingles:

hehehehhehehe....I have 13 N1 notes, lets do business, buy everything.

what do we call this now? local exchange? LOREX?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For Monetization Of Facebook Page In Nigeria / No Adverts In This Section: The Antispam Bot Will Ban You / Cosmetics Shop Set Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.