Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? (3353 Views)

The Atheists Test / I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet / To All The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by wiegraf: 2:07am On May 13, 2013
Do you know how many have been banned from those caves?

You must have missed the part where @mac is the mod. Perhaps the fact that muslims had to threaten for their own section should have given you a clue, no? Why do you think they did that? But of course, you have a persecution complex. It's all about you, yes? The only religion on this rock..

I, personally, was banned from islam for stating that [s]they would find no fault in Islam even if it ra.pes their mothers[/s]. True, this statement is factually correct (not saying that I fabricate stuff, mind you). In fact I could say "when", not "if", considering honor killings, etc (inb4 the disingenuous, cherry picking cultural bits of "they are not islamic" ), but it's fairly blunt, no? Their mock outrage is amusing.

My favorite examples to highlight the foolishness of you and your bretheren are the even more foolish.....muslims.

etc etc

But of course, in your twisted mind, it's all about xtians....

You're the dominant, most visible group in this environment that we're allowed to (rightly) criticize, and you constantly insist on mixing church and state, get used to the criticism. If you can learn to separate those two you'd receive much less heat.

Edit: BTW, not an xtian? You still come across as just as foolish....David Blaine is supernatural, and now this.. so it's hard to believe. You're at least a 'free thinking' theist, no?
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 7:37am On May 13, 2013
wiegraf: Do you know how many have been banned from those caves?

You must have missed the part where @mac is the mod. Perhaps the fact that muslims had to threaten for their own section should have given you a clue, no? Why do you think they did that? But of course, you have a persecution complex. It's all about you, yes? The only religion on this rock..

I, personally, was banned from islam for stating that [s]they would find no fault in Islam even if it ra.pes their mothers[/s]. True, this statement is factually correct (not saying that I fabricate stuff, mind you). In fact I could say "when", not "if", considering honor killings, etc (inb4 the disingenuous, cherry picking cultural bits of "they are not islamic" ), but it's fairly blunt, no? Their mock outrage is amusing.

My favorite examples to highlight the foolishness of you and your bretheren are the even more foolish.....muslims.

etc etc

But of course, in your twisted mind, it's all about xtians....

You're the dominant, most visible group in this environment that we're allowed to (rightly) criticize, and you constantly insist on mixing church and state, get used to the criticism. If you can learn to separate those two you'd receive much less heat.

Edit: BTW, not an xtian? You still come across as just as foolish....David Blaine is supernatural, and now this.. so it's hard to believe. You're at least a 'free thinking' theist, no?
why do u guys think I'm a christian? I'm not a christian, I'm an agnostic, an agnostic who believes in the supernatural, well, as an agnostic, I don't bother much with muslims, cos it's obvious they are doing it wrong,

the reason I think freethinkers lambaste christians a lot is cos christians go about with this kind of "God complex chosen people mentality" and dats what grinds my gears about christians, in islam if u are a good man doing good things, but u're not a muslim and u die, u'll be going to paradise, (that's understandable) but in christianity, you might be the "goodest" man in the world but if u don't accept jesus as ur savior then, you're a goner, that's one of the most absurd tenets of christianity.

The reason I brought this out was, that if we are to be honest with ourselves, we'll agrEe that christians are better at taking criticism than muslims, no muslim would allow you insult, SAW, lol, without resorting to murder, but christians take insults and criticisms, (not in the best manner though) without resorting to violence.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by ezme(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2013
I wonder if Atheist would have a voice on this forum if Seun was a Christian. Just imagine if we had a fundamentalist Christian MOD like Mac overseeing the Religion section.

Bolaino there so much less to mock about muslims and truth is most Atheist were formerly Christians and really don't know as much of the Koran as they know of the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by mazaje(m): 8:21am On May 13, 2013
plaetton: First,I see all abrahamic faiths as the same.

However,In Islam, the brainwashing is so intense that it is aggressive and violently combative when confronted with atheistic reasoning.

However again, unlike christianity, Islam does not make too much pretences about what it is all about. It is a religion, a genuine religion because Mohammed, a genuine historical figure, set out clearly to create a new religion.

Jesus, on the other hand, who has nnever been proven to be a genuine historical figure, had no such ambition ofcreating a religion, according to his life story.

So Islam is less of a contrived religion than christianity.

The Koran is open and every moslem is encouraged to read it in its original language. There are no mysteries or ambiguities about who wrote them, when and for whom it was written?.

There are no chosen people syndrome, no resurrection and no get-out of jail card to absolve one from personal responsibilities.
In Islam each person carries his own salvation. No saviour, no infinite debt that mankind owes to god.

In other words,in the eyes of an atheists, there are much less to mock, much less fraud in the name of god, but much more rigid and much more dangerous to human freedom and dignity.

I completely disagree with the parts in highlighted in bold. . .
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by ezme(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2013
mazaje:

I completely disagree with the parts in highlighted in bold. . .

Put forth your claims
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by mazaje(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2013
ezme:

Put forth your claims

No one knows who actually wrote the koran. . .They were written by scribes after mohammed died . . .There is too much fraud in the name of allah being carried out by various islamic groups and sects, just like christianity. . .

1 Like

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by sweettease(f): 8:31am On May 13, 2013
^^^whats more, the fraud involves killing innocent lives angry
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 8:40am On May 13, 2013
Islam is a joke. An even bigger joke than Christianity. Can you believe people living according to someones teachings, laws and codes 1400 years ago. No modernisation or updates or amendments to take into account the modern aspects of society.

At least with Christianity these topics are being constantly brought up, gay bishops, female bishops, abortion, contraception etc. Some agree and some refuse but at least there is some debate. In Islam they still live like they are in 700AD. The religion needs t otake into account modern society and try to align itself with it.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by wiegraf: 8:53am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: why do u guys think I'm a christian? I'm not a christian, I'm an agnostic, an agnostic who believes in the supernatural, well, as an agnostic

You certainly act the part; foolish. And note, not all xtians are foolish, but this is sheeple foolish.

You could have labeled this thread "Why less attacks on muslims?", or "Are atheists unfair to muslims?", but you chose "Are atheists on Naiaraland scared of muslims?". Really, that's the first thing that came to your mind, that we're scared? And look at this nonsense in your op

bolaino:
but atheists do not go about condemning these evil acts, but they go about telling. Howling and crying about how pastors are robbing gullible people blind of their money through tithes and offerings,

We howl and cry? Really? Do you really think the criticism is haphazard?

bolaino: I don't bother much with muslims, cos it's obvious they are doing it wrong,

Interesting.. You yourself don't bother with muslims yet you have the gall to ask us why we don't? Heck, asking might have been fine actually, but insunuating we're afraid? So, you're the only one who could have valid reasons? And this your reason sef..

Che..

bolaino:
the reason I think freethinkers lambaste christians a lot is cos christians go about with this kind of "God complex chosen people mentality" and dats what grinds my gears about christians, in islam if u are a good man doing good things, but u're not a muslim and u die, u'll be going to paradise, (that's understandable) but in christianity, you might be the "goodest" man in the world but if u don't accept jesus as ur savior then, you're a goner, that's one of the most absurd tenets of christianity.

Which universe has an allah that lets disbelievers/kaffirs into heaven, do tell? Or kaffirs don't do good things?

I've already given you my reasons, though I really don't know why I'm indulging you (probably immaturity). Nothing to do with this whargarbl.

Wait, actually, I don't give muslims a free pass..

bolaino:
The reason I brought this out was, that if we are to be honest with ourselves, we'll agrEe that christians are better at taking criticism than muslims, no muslim would allow you insult, SAW, lol, without resorting to murder, but christians take insults and criticisms, (not in the best manner though) without resorting to violence.

And if you look through my posts, you'll note I acknowledge that, time and again.

I even support xtians having their own section as I cannot see why muslims are rewarded (if you can call the cancer of having your own section because you cannot share your toys that) for doing something as egregious as threatening people. For one, it sets a bad precedent.

If xtians want their own section, they should get it. In fact, as they're being rewarded for their (relatively) good behavior with a section of theirs, the muslim one should be deleted and they should be made to share with us (and any other xtians willing to play) in a neutral section until they grow up.

But I don't own the site, yes? And the owner is in it for the money, yes?

Assuming you genuinely do not want to come off as a troll, I'd recommend not posting blindly

1 Like

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 9:06am On May 13, 2013
wiegraf:

You certainly act the part; foolish. And note, not all xtians are foolish, but this is sheeple foolish.

You could have labeled this thread "Why less attacks on muslims?", or "Are atheists unfair to muslims?", but you chose "Are atheists on Naiaraland scared of muslims?". Really, that's the first thing that came to your mind, that we're scared? And look at this nonsense in your op

We howl and cry? Really? Do you really think the criticism is haphazard?

Interesting.. You yourself don't bother with muslims yet you have the gall to ask us why we don't? Heck, asking might have been fine actually, but insunuating we're afraid? So, you're the only one who could have valid reasons? And this your reason sef..

Che..

Which universe has an allah that lets disbelievers/kaffirs into heaven, do tell? Or kaffirs don't do good things?

I've already given you my reasons, though I really don't know why I'm indulging you (probably immaturity). Nothing to do with this whargarbl.

Wait, actually, I don't give muslims a free pass..

And if you look through my posts, you'll note I acknowledge that, time and again.

I even support xtians having their own section as I cannot see why muslims are rewarded (if you can call the cancer of having your own section because you cannot share your toys that) for doing something as egregious as threatening people. For one, it sets a bad precedent.

If xtians want their own section, they should get it. In fact, as they're being rewarded for their (relatively) good behavior with a section of theirs, the muslim one should be deleted and they should be made to share with us (and any other xtians willing to play) in a neutral section until they grow up.

But I don't own the site, yes? And the owner is in it for the money, yes?

Assuming you genuinely do not want to come off as a troll, I'd recommend not posting blindly
smh, typical ranting of a radical atheist, Godless and unhappy, well, if u feel hurt that I'm calling u chickenlittle, u could jump off a cliff for all I care.

1 Like

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by wiegraf: 9:11am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: smh, typical ranting of a radical atheist, Godless and unhappy, well, if u feel hurt that I'm calling u chickenlittle, u could jump off a cliff for all I care.

That's all.

At least acknowledge your stoopidity, just for me. So I can leave with a smile on my face.

My good eediot, be the bigger man..

1 Like

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2013
Any sensible human being who values life should be scared of islam, a religion that preaches death to any body or group of people who objects to it's teachings should be treated with caution,

just the other day an american ambassador was killed in libya by muslims who felt offended that their holy prophet was insulted in a film, any sensible atheist would refrain from antagonizing muslims, so atheists like wiegraf who feel that they are fearless should make scathing posts about islam using his real name and identity,
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 9:20am On May 13, 2013
The reason that you're not seeing logicboy02 or logicboy01 is that they have been bombed and Jihaded by Maclatunji as a result of posting about atheism in the islam section.

People here are tired of being banned to 2035 by a mod that wont even live to see that yer if he carries on with his suicidal religion

Enough said

4 Likes

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2013
wiegraf:

That's all.

At least acknowledge your stoopidity, just for me. So I can leave with a smile on my face.

My good eediot, be the bigger man..
comments like these make me question the sanity of most atheists, in your quest to prove to the world that u are smart, u come out as the bible puts it "the FOOL who says in his heart, that there is no good" smh.
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by ezme(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2013
Logicboy03: The reason that you're not seeing logicboy02 or logicboy01 is that they have been bombed and Jihaded by Maclatunji as a result of posting about atheism in the islam section.

People here are tired of being banned to 2035 by a mod that wont even live to see that yer if he carries on with his suicidal religion

Enough said

We should expect logicboy04 by the time maclatunji sees this
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by ezme(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2013
@bolaino and wiegraf wilda you two?
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by sweettease(f): 9:31am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: smh, typical ranting of a radical atheist, Godless and unhappy, well, if u feel hurt that I'm calling u chickenlittle, u could jump off a cliff for all I care.
Lmao
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2013
ezme: @bolaino and wiegraf wilda you two?
wiegraf feels he is fearless cos he insults muslims on a faceless forum, if he really thinks he is a "jack baur" he should write a negative truth about islam using his real name, I know most of his family and friends might know him as an atheist, and cos they are christians, they won't give it much thought, but he should travel down to afghanistan, and tell the taliban that islam is a false religion,
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Paschal007: 9:36am On May 13, 2013
LMAO. The way atheists are fighting over theists these days is hilarious! The other day it was LB and afaman and now this? Keep it coming guys lets see who go tire. grin grin
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by wiegraf: 9:37am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: Any sensible human being who values life should be scared of islam, a religion that preaches death to any body or group of people who objects to it's teachings should be treated with caution,

just the other day an american ambassador was killed in libya by muslims who felt offended that their holy prophet was insulted in a film, any sensible atheist would refrain from antagonizing muslims, so atheists like wiegraf who feel that they are fearless should make scathing posts about islam using his real name and identity,

You do realize brave != stoopid, yes?

I am disappointed in you, my hippie, peace loving, hypocritical, free thinker. You acknowledge it's dangerous, yet you want me to go through with it just to make a point? You're both foolish and heartless..

Do note, I am from a muslim family, live in the north, and an open atheist. Work, facebook, ask me, etc. But on a site that values anonymity, you want me to broadcast my details? Interesting..

bolaino: comments like these make me question the sanity of most atheists, in your quest to prove to the world that u are smart, u come out as the bible puts it "the FOOL who says in his heart, that there is no good" smh.

Like I already said, you certainly sound like religious sheeple. You certainly qualify as far stoopidity is concerned.

Own to your foolishness oga, give this bastard some satisfaction, please? It won't cost you much, but it may mean a lot to me.
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 9:43am On May 13, 2013
Paschal007: LMAO. The way atheists are fighting over theists these days is hilarious! The other day it was LB and afaman and now this? Keep it coming guys lets see who go tire. grin grin
I think someone's disease is spreading...
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 9:43am On May 13, 2013
bolaino:
wiegraf feels he is fearless cos he insults muslims on a faceless forum, if he really thinks he is a "jack baur" he should write a negative truth about islam using his real name, I know most of his family and friends might know him as an atheist, and cos they are christians, they won't give it much thought, but he should travel down to afghanistan, and tell the taliban that islam is a false religion,

And how did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: Any sensible human being who values life should be scared of islam, a religion that preaches death to any body or group of people who objects to it's teachings should be treated with caution,

And what religion doesn't preach this?
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2013
wiegraf:

You do realize brave != stoopid, yes?

I am disappointed in you, my hippie, peace loving, hypocritical, free thinker. You acknowledge it's dangerous, yet you want me to go through with it just to make a point? You're both foolish and heartless..

Do note, I am from a muslim family, live in the north, and an open atheist. Work, facebook, ask me, etc. But on a site that values anonymity, you want me to broadcast my details? Interesting..

Like I already said, you certainly sound like religious sheeple. You certainly qualify as far stoopidity is concerned.

Own to your foolishness oga, give this bastard some satisfaction, please? It won't cost you much, but it may mean a lot to me.
hmmmm, no wonder, I got that radical fundamentalist vibe from u, u were once a muslim, I'm sorry to hear that, it must have really been hard growing up, for u, I don't need your details mann, I was just trying to make a point, since u were the one who came out saying u were not scared and all, btw I'm too big for this ish, if I offended u in any way my apologies, let's just let this go, I've gat better tins to do dan fighting on a faceless forum.
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2013
musKeeto:

And what religion doesn't preach this?
lol, muskeetoo muskeetoo why are u biting me? Not all religions preach death to people who don't believe in it, religions in the far east preach about re-incarnation, if u live a nonchalant life in this present world, u'll pay the consequences in your next re-incarnated life,

The death I meant was literal death, christians don't kill people who don't believe in jesus, but muslims in pakistan, afghanistan, etc, kill non muslims who object to their teachings,
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by wiegraf: 10:01am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: hmmmm, no wonder, I got that radical fundamentalist vibe from u, u were once a muslim, I'm sorry to hear that, it must have really been hard growing up, for u, I don't need your details mann, I was just trying to make a point, since u were the one who came out saying u were not scared and all, btw I'm too big for this ish, if I offended u in any way my apologies, let's just let this go, I've gat better tins to do dan fighting on a faceless forum.

I want you to admit to your rank stoopidity, not take (not so subtle) digs. You've made me very sad, but yes, I really should be doing other things.

Kudos

1 Like

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by bolaino(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2013
wiegraf:

I want you to admit to your rank stoopidity, not take (not so subtle) digs. You've made me very sad, but yes, I really should be doing other things.

Kudos
if u can get angry to this extent on a faceless forum, then u have issues, go and sort yourself out mann,

1 Like

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 11:15am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: lol, muskeetoo muskeetoo why are u biting me? Not all religions preach death to people who don't believe in it, religions in the far east preach about re-incarnation, if u live a nonchalant life in this present world, u'll pay the consequences in your next re-incarnated life,

The death I meant was literal death, christians don't kill people who don't believe in jesus, but muslims in pakistan, afghanistan, etc, kill non muslims who object to their teachings,

LOL... I'm not biting you. I'm just bothered you might be feeling sorry for the ass whooping the sheeple are receiving hence the desperation to paint atheists as cowards...

Let's review...

Does the bolded make you a coward?
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 13, 2013
Niflheim: @bolaino,you talk about these guys(muslims) as if they are strong men.I can assure you that the average muslim is a coward(that is why they will always opt for suicide,the easy way out).When the twin towers fell,I was a student of unilag and me and my friends used to abuse them anyhow during that period...............................They dare not try to speak back or come and meet us to ask us what we said about them!!!
no try that for north o grin
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 13, 2013
grin

4 Likes

Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by dare2think: 11:45am On May 13, 2013
bolaino: comments like these make me question the sanity of most atheists, in your quest to prove to the world that u are smart, u come out as the bible puts it "the FOOL who says in his heart, that there is no good" smh.

And you wonder why people think you are a Christian??
Re: Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? by dare2think: 11:51am On May 13, 2013

You post the above and yet ask questions about why people dont go on islamic threads? even to the extent of saying they should post their personal details on there!!

What exactly is your point??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spiritual Materials Shop In Lagos / "original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God! / Religion Finally Explained: A Link Btw Religion And Epilepsy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.