Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,812 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally (21273 Views)

Arase Bans Police From Accessing Mobile-Phones Of Citizens Illegally / How To Deactivate All MTN Services To Stop Deducting Your Money / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Policewoman(f): 2:23pm On May 12, 2013
Please Nairalanders I need your help. For about 2 weeks now I have been getting this message from ETISALAT, " Dear Customer, your last PAYG data session was ...kb at ....kobo or Naira. Dial *262*2# to turn off this service". This message comes in several times a day and each time it comes, some little money gets deducted from my airtime. Please can anyone help me with a way to stop this? It is becoming so worrisome that I am considering dumping the line.

Thanks.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Jxtmayor(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2013
Ysterday they deducted 50naira 4rm my account saying i've subscribed 4 one sport news lyk dat.. And i didnt.. The way they run their package nowadays mks me wonder if i shud port!
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Paschal007: 2:55pm On May 12, 2013
Are you on any of their plans? Same thing happens to me...
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Policewoman(f): 3:13pm On May 12, 2013
Paschal007: Are you on any of their plans? Same thing happens to me...
I'm not for now o. I just finished using their free 10mb Internet time and have stopped browsing, yet they still charge me.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Paschal007: 3:53pm On May 12, 2013
Policewoman: I'm not for now o. I just finished using their free 10mb Internet time and have stopped browsing, yet they still charge me.
Maybe you've some apps still running even though you're not using them like whatsapp. Call their customer care and complain to them. I tried calling them and they kept me holding for hrs.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by aadetoyin(f): 4:02pm On May 12, 2013
Etisalat have always done that to me. So I don't recharge the fone except wen I need to subscibe
grin grin grin
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Policewoman(f): 6:43pm On May 12, 2013
aadetoyin: Etisalat have always done that to me. So I don't recharge the fone except wen I need to subscibe
grin grin grin
SHARP GIRL.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Kellymann: 6:31am On May 13, 2013
You definitely have some apps running in the background that requires internet to run and if that happens of course you will be charged for data usage if you are not subscribed to an internet bundle plan. Also there are some apps not supported by BIS subscription in case you use a blackberry phone.

You can consider calling their helpline or send them an email in case that fails. I will prefer the email option cos it's more effective and the response you get is more professional than what you get from some of their halfbaked agents.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Niiade(m): 6:51am On May 13, 2013
Kellymann: You definitely have some apps running in the background that requires internet to run and if that happens of course you will be charged for data usage if you are not subscribed to an internet bundle plan. Also there are some apps not supported by BIS subscription in case you use a blackberry phone.

You can consider calling their helpline or send them an email in case that fails. I will prefer the email option cos it's more effective and the response you get is more professional than what you get from some of their halfbaked agents.

Dude u don't know etisalat o, I was on their BIS plan a few months last year, the first month was cool so I wanted to continue after paying for bis various deductions of over 1k happened on my phone if I pinged credit gone, opera mini same I restart my bb ehn 100 naira dey go. I went to three service centres plus one geek shop over 5 people checked no solution. No refunds apology nothing. I carefully packaged the sim don't mind joining saka sef
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by kolamilan(m): 5:28pm On May 13, 2013
i taught is only me witnessing this, they remove my money without my concert with this message ''fun news pack has been renewed at N75 for 7 days'' now i cannot recharge because they will automatically remove it.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by honsule(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2013
Policewoman: Please Nairalanders I need your help. For about 2 weeks now I have been getting this message from ETISALAT, " Dear Customer, your last PAYG data session was ...kb at ....kobo or Naira. Dial *262*2# to turn off this service". This message comes in several times a day and each time it comes, some little money gets deducted from my airtime. Please can anyone help me with a way to stop this? It is becoming so worrisome that I am considering dumping the line.

Thanks.

Abeg,before you dump etisalat as a 'policewoman' go and arrest their oga @ the top/manager cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by honsule(m): 5:50pm On May 13, 2013
aadetoyin: Etisalat have always done that to me. So I don't recharge the fone except wen I need to subscibe
grin grin grin

3 months without recharge etisalat will deactivate ur line.But browsing will keep it going.
Just get their data sim
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by honsule(m): 5:54pm On May 13, 2013
Niiade:

Dude u don't know etisalat o, I was on their BIS plan a few months last year, the first month was cool so I wanted to continue after paying for bis various deductions of over 1k happened on my phone if I pinged credit gone, opera mini same I restart my bb ehn 100 naira dey go. I went to three service centres plus one geek shop over 5 people checked no solution. No refunds apology nothing. I carefully packaged the sim don't mind joining saka sef

LOL.what a terrible experience. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Niiade(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2013
honsule:

LOL.what a terrible experience. shocked shocked shocked
\

you dont know the half of it after wasting over 2500 in card n transport fare, if i recharge the line ehn na just say i see awoof etisalat credit and i go use am finish or i go waste my money.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by xixftpluz(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2013
coolGet wisdom. Smartphones have lots of application running in the background. If u don't av a valid data subscription u wl be charged from ur balance at PAYG rate. 5k p/kilobyte.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Kellymann: 10:53am On May 17, 2013
Niiade:

It still bothers to the same thing I explained earlier. You most probably have apps not supported by BIS and you will be charged from your main balance whenever they connect to the internet if you don't have a data plan apart from your BIS.

My advise is send a mail to their customer care email: care@etisalat.com.ng and I can assure you that something positive will be done about it. I had the same feeling when something similar happened on my wife's line and was surprised that the issue was resolved and I was duly informed though it may take like 24 hours or a little more to get a feedback. Their support staff seem to be more grounded than the frontline agents who may be sometimes clueless if issue is of a more technical nature. Etisalat to me still fairs better when it comes to Data and BIS. Talking from experience.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by TexasR: 7:52pm On May 28, 2013
@ policewoman

Kindly send me your email at don2die4@cheerful.com,I have some questions for you,you may provide a phone number for me to call,all the better
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by twinkle1(m): 1:11pm On May 30, 2013
Happened to me 3Weeks ago .. You activated auto renewal most likely ..did u ever subscribe to a blackberry plan .. You need to deactivate the auto renewal service ...i've forgotten the code ..I called customer care nd they deactivated it for me ..
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by DWJOBScom(m): 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
So solution to this wahala yet - i remember having the same challenge on MTN and called their customer care line and they gave me a code to opt out of it
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Biggtee: 3:08am On Jun 29, 2013
happened like four days ago>>> my etisalat bis plan started browsing real slow after using up like half of the gigabyte given to me>>>my question is, have i been moved to a slower network? any explanation for these....its really annoying...I'm on etisalat #1000 bis monthly plan
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Well jst go to ur netwrk connections-mobile netwrk-while roaming-off. Your money ws deducted because ur roaming was On.
Re: Etisalat Deducting Internet Charge From My Phone Illegally by deloon(m): 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
xixftpluz: coolGet wisdom. Smartphones have lots of application running in the background. If u don't av a valid data subscription u wl be charged from ur balance at PAYG rate. 5k p/kilobyte.
Get Understanding tongue. Your post doesn't solve the problem. I have a BIS subscription running on my blackberry but I still get the notifications of deductions for PAYG data.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? / 6 Ways Excessive Use Of Smartphones Can Kill Us / Please How Do I Retrieve My Glo Sim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.