Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 (48713 Views)

UCL: Benfica Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On Tuesday October-2-2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 27th March 2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Man Utd (1 - 1) On 14th September 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 15, 2013
solomon111: You will Never Win Anything(YNWA).
Liverpool are a relic.
Just like ajax,milan,leeds,they belong to the past.
Solomon yet you spew such bullshiit? My goodness!
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by executinal(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2013
[size=18pt]AFARM YOU SEE YOUR LIFE [/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 15, 2013
Keep the blue flag flying.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Liverpool is heading in the right direction. With Super Talented youngsters as Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho, Sterling, Suso etc in few years time, Liverpool will be a threat to Europe. I hope Rodgers and the players stay. That is the best way for Liverpool to climb back.

Next season will be great for English football, although Germany is not slowing down.
I wish these cowards had a brain like you!
I have to ignore some of them now.

1 Like

thegoodjoehunt:
Sturridge has been immense since his move to Liverpool. He has sparkled since Suarez ban. He was instrumental in the 6-0 flogging of Newcastle. Did you see his hat trick performance for Liverpool during the Weekend?

Suso is just 19 years of age and he definitely has the talents of the European greats. Coutinho is just 20 years of age, yet he is a shining star of the EPL. These two have what it takes to lift Liverpool with Sturridge, Borini and Suarez in front as the strikers.

Honestly, I don't see any upside to Sturridge's game... He's just another English player who thinks he's better than he's... The guy's football IQ is below average and he's just too darn selfish!!

Apart from Coutinho, the rest aren't all that, to be honest..
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by vanbonattel: 11:12pm On May 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Sturridge has been immense since his move to Liverpool. He has sparkled since Suarez ban. He was instrumental in the 6-0 flogging of Newcastle. Did you see his hat trick performance for Liverpool during the Weekend?

Suso is just 19 years of age and he definitely has the talents of the European greats. Coutinho is just 20 years of age, yet he is a shining star of the EPL. These two have what it takes to lift Liverpool with Sturridge, Borini and Suarez in front as the strikers.

Story story.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I agree with you here. First let Diego Simeone and Dortmund beat him in the Copa Del Rey Final on Friday.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 15, 2013
Emmadani: I wonder when arsanal wil bring a cup to london...Y always chelsea.

There's only one team in London... grin
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2013
boron10:
Help me ask him how much Mourinho spent at porto too

Price doesn't equate to strength. The team Mourinho met at Porto was very strong. With Derlei, Deco, Benny McCarthy, Mario Silva, Pedro Mendes, Nuno Valente, Costinha, Maniche, Vitor Baia. These were superstars.

The Porto franchise might have groomed most of them but Mourinho used a team of Super Stars. Same with Inter Milan. They were the 3 times Champions of Italy.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Limaoscar: 11:14pm On May 15, 2013
the so called ''special one'' will get bullied and sent out of England before the end of 2014.
Tell mourinho the Epl has changed!

Mou probably reads the English games a lot better from His base in spain than most of your coaches in the EPL.He will come, He will dominate, win and you will see pepper. Tabloids and all will sell like hot cakes what's your problem with that bro?
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Godwin978(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2013
up chelsea!!! Our name is now championfc we wil win uefa back to back am pround of them if u no u ar a manu fan just live here,,shamles people up BBLLUUEESS best club in europe

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2013
van bonattel:

Story story.

Suso isn't story. Barcelona and Real Madrid fought for him. He is also a player to watch out for next season.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Price doesn't equate to strength. The team Mourinho met at Porto was very strong. With Derlei, Deco, Benny McCarthy, Mario Silva, Pedro Mendes, Nuno Valente, Costinha, Maniche, Vitor Baia. These were superstars.

The Porto franchise might have groomed most of them but Mourinho used a team of Super Stars. Same with Inter Milan. They were the 3 times Champions of Italy.

All those players he met at Porto were just average players when he got there - nothing special.

Mourinho turned them to superstars!!
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by RedLight1: 11:18pm On May 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

so what about inter?
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by solomon111(m): 11:18pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

I don't think we lack a central midfielder. Essien is coming back and both Mata and Ramirez can play that role effectively... Our problem is DM. But hey, I think we need to let Luiz grow in that position... He has been superb so far and I don't see any reason why we can't let him stay there permanently.

CM is a role we currently need and sorely lack.
Essien is only CM we had but he is no longer world class.
Ramires does not have the range of passes to make a good CM.
Mata is not strong enough to play CM as he will be completely bullied.
Players like xabi alonso,yaya toure,luka modric are what makes the attacking midfield players work effectively.
Our counter-attack is shitt because we don't have a good CM to feed mata and hazard those accurate long passes,which means they will have to drop too deep to get the ball.
We need a better DM than Mikel,but we need a world class CM badly.
We will never win the Epl or dominate in the UCL without a good CM.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

Honestly, I don't see any upside to Sturridge's game... He's just another English player who thinks he's better than he's... The guy's football IQ is below average and he's just too darn selfish!!

Apart from Coutinho, the rest aren't all that, to be honest..
sturridge is a world class striker, he just needs to work on his finishing, 11 goals in 15 matches! He also scored a hat trick against fulham on Sunday.
We have many talents, suso, sterling, borini, wisdom, Cody.. Should I mention more? Bro watch out for liverpool next season cool
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Sammyramires(m): 11:19pm On May 15, 2013
It is a CELEBRATION that makes CELEBRANT turns CELEBRITY while HATERS are relegated to the DUSTBIN. Chelsea have successfully conquered Europe twice in a row even with just ELEVEN BLUES ARMY without the MAGICIAN HAZARD. Victory sweet says ARSENE WENGER!!
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:20pm On May 15, 2013
Limaoscar:

Mou probably reads the English games a lot better from His base in spain than most of your coaches in the EPL.He will come, He will dominate, win and you will see pepper. Tabloids and all will sell like hot cakes what's your problem with that bro?

There is no guarantee. Mancini said next season will be a Six horse race. He says a lot of teams are growing and will threaten next season.

Tottenham is getting better. Arsenal has definitely improved and just need a defender and a defensive midfielder to boost their squad. Man City now has Pellegrini who will bring in more creative players to make the team bite more. Chelsea's youngsters will be older and more experienced. Liverpool is growing. Liverpool have leaped higher during this season and will only get better. Moyes has a lot to prove with Man Utd and will come in smoking.

I don't think Mou can just come in and dominate. It isn't that easy anymore.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by RedLight1: 11:20pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

All those players he met at Porto were just average players when he got there - nothing special.

u dey mind him... Fear of the special one is the begining of many defeats and trophy-less seasons for them grin grin
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 15, 2013
maclatunji:

I am not a Chelsea fan. If you must tag me as a fan of a single team, it has to be Barcelona.
cool

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by solomon111(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

I don't think we lack a central midfielder. Essien is coming back and both Mata and Ramirez can play that role effectively... Our problem is DM. But hey, I think we need to let Luiz grow in that position... He has been superb so far and I don't see any reason why we can't let him stay there permanently.

CM is a role we currently need and sorely lack.
Essien is the only CM we had but he is no longer world class.
Luiz has shown promise but his best position is CB.
His passes are most times wayward and he lacks the discipline and positioning.
He is an average CM,but a world class CB.
Players like xabi alonso,yaya toure,luka modric are what makes the attacking midfield players work effectively.
Our counter-attack is shitt because we don't have a good CM to feed mata and hazard those accurate long passes,which means they will have to drop too deep to get the ball.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 15, 2013
Red-Light:
ok have heard u... Shebi liverpool fanz are shameless.... Manchester united, ac milan, barcelona, madrid all these clubs are still very relevant in europe till today unlike liverpool that are still celebrating a trophy the won almost a decade ago..... Did i even hear u say carlin? *faintz* liverpool has really gone to the dogs *celebrating carlin they won last year* smh ..even wigan can boast of prestigious FA CUP.... Back in the days, no team can stand shooting stars and zamalek in african football buh zamalek is still relevant today while shooting stars has gone to the toilet

enjoy ur old glory brah grin grin
stop discussing football if you feel history isn't part of the game, enough said. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Boy2boy: 11:23pm On May 15, 2013
hornipipe: are you a bird?

hahahahaha
sorry o, i know how de tin pain na. Going trophyless for 8yrs.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:24pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

Vitor Baia was already one of the best keepers in the World, if not the best. The players were stars, no doubt Mou elevated their play and brought a lot to Porto. All I am saying is that like today the team Chelsea played were very good and a coach can use them to win titles. It doesn't make them average because they have not achieved.

Mourinho met a good team at Porto and made the best out of them. Just as he met a very good team at Chelsea which finished 2nd in the league before he came or at Inter who were 3 times Champions before he came.

If he comes back to Chelsea, he is meeting a team that won the Champions League and then the Europa League back to back. At Madrid, he met a team that made the highest points in Real Madrid History.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 15, 2013
solomon111: CM is a role we currently need and sorely lack.
Essien is only CM we had but he is no longer world class.

Essien is still alright and he definitely has about 3-4 years to give before he expires. Both Xavi and Modric aren't the strongest players in the world but they play that role effectively. Same for Ozil and Sneijder.. Mata just needs to hit the gym and he'd be ready to go.

Anyway, I trust Mourinho to make the right decisions when he takes over.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 15, 2013
boron10:
You mean trophies covered with cobweb?grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin or the rusted ones
don't just pop up from the viewing centre to quote me if you find it difficult reasoning with your brain undecided
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 15, 2013
hornipipe: sturridge is a world class striker, he just needs to work on his finishing, 11 goals in 15 matches! He also scored a hat trick against fulham on Sunday.
We have many talents, suso, sterling, borini, wisdom, Cody.. Should I mention more? Bro watch out for liverpool next season cool

He scored a lot of goals for Bolton last season as well but flopped on the big stage with Chelsea.. There's nothing world-class about him. He's just another left-footed Darren Bent. undecided undecided
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 15, 2013
Boy2boy:

hahahahaha
sorry o, i know how de tin pain na. Going trophyless for 8yrs.
we won a trophy last season, redirect your comment to an arsenal fan.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:27pm On May 15, 2013
solomon111: CM is a role we currently need and sorely lack.
Essien is the only CM we had but he is no longer world class.
Luiz has shown promise but his best position is CB.
His passes are most times wayward and he lacks the discipline and positioning.
He is an average CM,but a world class CB.

You guys are in a battle for Pedro Leon of Real Madrid. The young player who fell out with Mourinho. Hence Mourinho might be coming to Chelsea, I don't think he will sign for you guys again. I hope he chooses Man City. cheesy
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

He scored a lot of goals for Bolton last season as well but flopped on the big stage with Chelsea.. There's nothing world-class about him. He's just another left-footed Darren Bent. undecided undecided
you guys didn't give him enough game time, simple.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Boy2boy: 11:28pm On May 15, 2013
hornipipe: are you a bird?
undecided

hahahahaha
hey yah, honestly i feel 4 u. Going trophyless 4 8yrs could be frustrating.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 15, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Vitor Baia was already one of the best keepers in the World, if not the best. The players were stars, no doubt Mou elevated their play and brought a lot to Porto. All I am saying is that like today the team Chelsea played were very good and a coach can use them to win titles. It doesn't make them average because they have not achieved.

Mourinho met a good team at Porto and made the best out of them. Just as he met a very good team at Chelsea which finished 2nd in the league before he came or at Inter who were 3 times Champions before he came.

If he comes back to Chelsea, he is meeting a team that won the Champions League and then the Europa League back to back. At Madrid, he met a team that made the highest points in Real Madrid History.

Ok, Victor Baia and who else?

Deco was the best player on that team and he was rejected by Brazil!!

I'd even argue that the current Porto team has more talents than the one Mourinho won the Champions League with, to be honest..

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far / Chelsea Vs PSG: UCL (1 - 2) On 9th March 2016 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (1 - 3) On 25th January 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.