Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape (34274 Views)

Nigerian Dies From Beating Over Attempted Rape In Malaysia / Student Of University Of Benin Caught In Attempted Rape! / Teenager Kills Boyfriend For Attempted Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Zither(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:
then you are ignorant.....
the onus is on the girl to prove räpe was attempted by the victim and every possibility shall be explored by the prosecutors.
Now tell us Missy, how she carries out the burden of proof...when she has not been accused of any crime except self defence?
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by chiwuike20: 5:13pm On May 13, 2013
D worst aspect of d story is dat in d attempt to get what he wanted he denied his loyalty to God, and God in turn left him to d mercy of d devil. Too sad a story
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by batstan(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
FINAL VERDICT She is hereby found guilty for the murder of Don wizzzy due to lack of evidence to proof the rape attempt. COURT DISMISSED
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Delafruita(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]I am now very very confused...

1. The girls age has no bearing on the issue at hand. Cynthia Okosogu was older than 18 when she travelled across regions of Nigeria to meet strangers in a hotel.

2. She did take a decision that eventually saved her life.

3. Her following him to his house has nothing to do with anything. I know a girl that was raped inside her own fathers house. Another girl was raped repeatedly by the driver employed by her father. So whats your point?!

4. It does not matter if he took her to the bar, bought her birthday presents or if she promised him her virginity on her 18th birthday eve, the point remains that she said she didn’t give consent to be raped and he tried to force his way on her.

5. The absence of a witness is not the absence of a crime nor does it make her claims less true. If the boy had succeeded in raping her and she came out to report, I'm sure there wouldn’t have been any witnesses.

6. Going to a guys house by 10pm is not a crime. Sleeping on the same bed with a woman is not and has never been a license to f`uck her nor does it mean consent. Wearing a bum short by 10pm 0r 3am is not and will never be a crime. The fact that a girl follows you to your house from a bar or pub does not mean she wants to f`uck you nor is it a license to r`ape her.

P.S: I noticed you hyphenated your 'Attempted rape'.. Funny stuff!! If she hadn’t stabbed that muthafucker to death, it would have been 'Rap`e' and maybe even 'murder' as well. [/b]
finally you agree that she stabbed him to death and ot that she just swung aimlessly.thats been my point all along.i dont deny that the foolissh boy attempted to rape her,however,i wot accept the fact that she had no malicious intent when she swung that knife especially since don ewizzy wasnt armed when she was in possession of the knife.you cal call it a moment of rage or a loss of consciousness of right and wrong but the reality is she swung with intent to kill.hell,she could even have been threatening with the knife before stabbing the morafoka
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Delafruita(m): 5:14pm On May 13, 2013
chiwuike20: D worst aspect of d story is dat in d attempt to get what he wanted he denied his loyalty to God, and God in turn left him to d mercy of d devil. Too sad a story
idiotic comment
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Zither(m): 5:22pm On May 13, 2013
brosdoncome:

Na here all diz charge and bail lawyer go wan come dey show themselves....am sure since wen dem call u to bar, one case u neva handle....na una type we dey c for ikeja high court dey price case, wear suite wey dey beg for redemption grin cheesy Abeg no mind me oh!!!! cheesy
hahaha...madt boi...grin
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by toluene12: 5:37pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:

i didn't even have to try so hard - easy peasy lemon squeezy!

1) the story is shyte
2) google "crimes of passion"
3) duh - she had to report to make her tales believeable. she's also aware there are people like you who would believe her story because she made the report. it's called reverse psychology!

hmm, all these are attributed to a local ibadan girl whose world probably revolves round blackberry and 'oko mi'.
This is naija not 'law & order'.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by JimmyBoy1: 5:47pm On May 13, 2013
Well, I dont know what really took place, but if that girl's claim was the truth, then it serves the guy right.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Decapo: 5:47pm On May 13, 2013
RIP to the dead..........the dead can't speak
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 5:49pm On May 13, 2013
Zither: Now tell us Missy, how she carries out the burden of proof...when she has not been accused of any crime except self defence?

self defense is a crime? you are a stark illiterate. she's been charged for murder and she's claiming self-defense as her right to protect herself from any harm. it goes to show the kind of half-baked graduates nigeria is producing lately......

toluene12:
hmm, all these are attributed to a local ibadan girl whose world probably revolves round blackberry and 'oko mi'.
This is naija not 'law & order'.

even the most idiotic person on the planet knows how to tell a story to look innocent!
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by naUgotire: 6:07pm On May 13, 2013
ITbomb: Wetin she go do for guy house ?
Imagine question , ' is this what we came for '
Before nko , u follow a drunk to his house and expect him to play ludo with u after he had locked the door
SMH at Fishbrains

So, anytime woman follow you go your house, na to Bleep, abi? Dirty mind!
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by naUgotire: 6:13pm On May 13, 2013
wellmax: Self defense indeed. Did you read where she mentioned that he was drunk.
Anyways the dead don't talk, so the girl can say whatever she likes.
A guy took you to his house in the night, he's drunk and you wonder what he will do, celebrate birthday I guess.
The girl is simply wayward.

Na people like you dey commit rape everyday. If woman follow u go house, u must fuckam abi? Make u know say even for husband and wife wey live for the same house, dey sleep for the same bed, any day the husband force himself on his wife without her consent, that one na proper rape for law. Talkless, people wey no even be boy friend girlfriend.

Abi you wan tell us say she stabam to steal his money and then go report for police station say she stabam abi?

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by naUgotire: 6:19pm On May 13, 2013
ola_pluto:
The fact that he did not force her to follow him home is a strong prosecution point here. Agreeing to follow him home without really knowing much about him could be seen as an intent for malicious murder. I do not like cooking up conspiracies, but she will serve some time behind bars for this no matter her defense. However, I say again that she should be allowed to go home till the case is built up

Shut up nyama nyama lawyer. Do u know that a woman fit say eim no want again after you don comot her dress, and if you go further after that, na rape big time? If you force yourself on your wife without her consent, that too na rape. So, that she come follow am go house no be any freaking point.

Now tell me what this poor girl would benefit from killing this poor church rat and then going straight to the police to report herself? The rat is a freaking rapist!

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by aniiii(f): 6:20pm On May 13, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

my ohh myy
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Zither(m): 6:54pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:
self defence is a crime? you are a stark illiterate. she's been charged for murder and she's claiming self-defence as her right to protect herself from any harm. it goes to show the kind of half-baked graduates nigeria is producing lately......

[b]You have erroneously misconstrued my sentence formation....no need to get irked and vituperative Missy...it is a low form of argument.

Read my post again. It doesn't say self defense is a crime for which she is being tried but that her only 'crime' in this case is 'self defense.' If she had persevered through the ordeal of forced sexual intercourse..and died in the process, then your likes will don the air of sympathy for her plight renting the air with cries of justice....

Though unnatural justice is served....

however, your intellectual lens of perception view her self defense as improper defense, injustice meted on the deceased.

It seems your notion of self defense is 'an half-hearted attempt to resist the assailant in which the victim was eventually over-powered'...

Missy, the part, I think, that disturbs you is the total absence of witnesses. If that is the case, then victims should set out before time to locate a 'public' spot for the crime scene in which they were the hapless victims.....just in case they narrowly survive the encounter and the 'culprit' does not.....there will be tons of witnesses to corroborate the victim's story....eh? Makes sense, right?

Prima facie, the facts nod in agreement with the story....pending further investigation to the contrary
[/b]
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Zither(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:
self defence is a crime? you are a stark illiterate. she's been charged for murder and she's claiming self-defence as her right to protect herself from any harm. it goes to show the kind of half-baked graduates nigeria is producing lately......
[b]You have erroneously misconstrued my sentence formation....no need to get irked and vituperative Missy...it is a low form of argument.

Read my post again. It doesn't say self defense is a crime for which she is being tried but that her only 'crime' in this case is 'self defense.' If she had persevered through the ordeal of forced sexual intercourse..and died in the process, then your likes will don the air of sympathy for her plight renting the air with cries of justice....

however, your intellectual lens of perception view her self defense as improper defense, injustice meted on the deceased.

It seems your notion of self defense is 'an half-hearted attempt to resist the assailant in which the victim was eventually over-powered'...

Missy, the part, I think, that disturbs you is the total absence of witnesses. If that is the case, then victims should set out before time to locate a 'public' spot for the crime scene in which they were the hapless victims.....just in case they narrowly survive the encounter and the 'culprit' does not.....there will be tons of witnesses to corroborate the victim's story....eh? Makes sense, right?

Prima facie, the facts nod in agreement with the story....pending further investigation to the contrary
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by damosky12(m): 7:21pm On May 13, 2013
chiwuike20: D worst aspect of d story is dat in d attempt to get what he wanted he denied his loyalty to God, and God in turn left him to d mercy of d devil. Too sad a story
HMMM. THIS VERY TRUE, APT AND REAL. Its so instructive and worthy of note. Mind what you say.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by fluteman: 7:40pm On May 13, 2013
Delafruita:
perhaps.however,the post you quoted claimed to know the boy in question and claimed the boy and girl had been dating for a while.take the bias out of your thoughts and focus on the merits and demerits of her case.if it can be proven that they had been dating,then it brings in a totally diffferent angle to the case.she made reference to a very irrelevant information in her explanation which was that on the first day she went to his house with her friend "his girlfriend was laying on the ...."could this have been a crime of passion?was she jealous?did she have a crush on him and feel betrayed?you cant come to a conclusion simply because she claimed he wanted to rafe her.there are so many scenarios to consider

Guy relax....the usual bigotry has already set in and you should have noticed. Bigotry is senseless and you will just be wasting your time with people who see her as their "person". dammn...the easterners are about the most clannish set of people in this world. Everything is seen and judged based on their ethnocentric prism. As you will find, the girl's statement should be taken as "absolute fact" even as there are obvious holes in her story and some people claiming they know them as lovers.

A life has been lost here and all means must be used to get the facts right. If she is guilty, she will suffer for it and if not, be set free.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by coogar: 7:49pm On May 13, 2013
Zither: [b]You have erroneously misconstrued my sentence formation....no need to get irked and vituperative Missy...it is a low form of argument.

[/b]

yet more heap of drivel.....
self defense is not a crime. the reason she's in a police net is because she's been arrested for murder or at best manslaughter. self-defense is the legal technicality she's trying to use to absolve herself.

since her assailant is no more, the burden of proof is on her to convince the court she indeed acted in self-defense. even self-defense has it's boundaries(only a reasonable force can be used). as a critical thinker, i just don't buy any story served on my plate......the accused should be cross-examined vigorously to get to the truth....

if she's innocent - her story would add up.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by fluteman: 8:02pm On May 13, 2013
Farayolas: I am sorry for the present generation if the adults can be so proud of someone committing murder/manslaughtering and seeing over 50 likes.

Its called ethnocentricism,( the ibos joyous of their illustrous daughter for killing a Yoruba boy and clicking a million likes) and it lacks compassion or basic common sense..dats all
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 13, 2013
Too bad
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Airpure(f): 9:06pm On May 13, 2013
Sad Story.I think there is a missing part to this story and i bet its the fact that the boy lured her to his house by telling her he has a birthday gift for her there. thats why she went home with him at that time of the day n still entered even without light. n it went all downhill from there

RIP to the guy. the girl should spend a little time in Jail at least 6 months . she wasn't forced into the house there was no reason in the story for her to trust the guy n be alone in a dark house with him at night other than maybe greed. i might be wrong but its my opinion.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by OOLUSOGA(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2013
justice has taken it place. my advice to ladies is that don't go alone to a guys house without some1 of ur friend for safety. guy RIP.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by mkoabiola: 10:39pm On May 13, 2013
Either self defence or multiple defence.
Ds is murder.
She would b charged for murder.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 13, 2013
Onyinyechi is an IGBO name... She went in search for money or a gift... She had another motive!!! It turned our sour. EVIL COMMUNICATION CORRUPT GOOD MANNERS. She is also a bad, wassup, gal. She would have agreed if not for her mensis... She had WRONG MOTIVE. May God forgive for taking a life...dis is not self defense but murder her ignorance, insensitivity, greed, foolishness and BEGGERLY ATTITUDE has caused. mtchheeew...
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by optimax(m): 12:11am On May 14, 2013
wall of text couldn't read all
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by truly: 12:19am On May 14, 2013
emusmith: Onyinyechi is an IGBO name... She went in search for money or a gift... She had another motive!!! It turned our sour. EVIL COMMUNICATION CORRUPT GOOD MANNERS. She is also a bad, wassup, gal. She would have agreed if not for her mensis... She had WRONG MOTIVE. May God forgive for taking a life...dis is not self defense but murder her ignorance, insensitivity, greed, foolishness and BEGGERLY ATTITUDE has caused. mtchheeew...

We should not make this a tribal thing. Girls from all tribes are involved in Aristo business in our higher institutions
On this one, it could have been same tribe affair, the result would have been the same
But let the police conduct their investigations. We have only one side so far
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by seunlayi(m): 5:04am On May 14, 2013
90% of ladies that followed guys home without really knowing them knew that they are likely to be lured to bed, this is an hide an seek game, it is left for the guy to know how to lured the lady to bed. If the girl then refused not to fall for his tricks, it is then left for the guy to let her be. A guy does'nt need to physically force a lady, if she is not urs today, she may be urs tomorrow if you actually know how to play ur game. Now back to the main issue, what has knife got to do with this issue? Did he need to wave a knife at a lady because of sex? If it was the lady that rushed to the kitchen to bring a knife, why did nt he change his stand and tell her to forget? What did she has to gain if she deliberately stab the guy? do you really trust dis guy who has been left to leave alone, turned smoker and now attempting rape. Do you know that many ladies may have been raped by this guy with this same method who may not have the opportunity to escape or present a case against this ogun convert? If the claim by the lady that he said she should hurry up and allow him to intimate her so that his friends will not meet her because if they do, they will have turn with her is true, is this not a gang rape that was averted? Thank God that Ibadan is not having a new tag of gang rape. This is just the opportunity the absu, cynthia, the lady from india never had to change their story. I know many hatters of rape, people with good since of reasoning, ladies that have experienced such will be happy about this. It is a warning to other intending or planning to molest a lady

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by fairygeh(f): 6:48am On May 14, 2013
Truth be told.if truly this guy attempted to rape her,He got what he deserved.But ..... Young girls of nowadays,what was she doing at his house at that time with someone you just met recently.even if they were actually close while in secondary school.within the space of two years,the guy might have changed.Never trust someone you haven't seen in few years. Visiting a guy at night who was coming from a beer parlour and not expect this.okay,when she noticed the guy was up to some mischief before entering the house,why didn't she refuse going in.why didn't she ask them to meet at a neutral spot and not his home.young girls of nowadays are too forward,if not,okay let's even say the guy invited her over to collect her bday gift.What was the guy trying to offer her sef Water?I dont want to believe they were not dating,she wasn't just an ordinary friend to the guy.I guess an argument ensued.either way,the guy is dead and I hope the girl is freed but I can bet she would never be herself again and I bet she now knows she wasn't all that smart when she decided to go home with a guy coming from a beer parlour.
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Decryptor(m): 7:57am On May 14, 2013
fluteman:

Its called ethnocentricism,( the ibos joyous of their illustrous daughter for killing a Yoruba boy and clicking a million likes) and it lacks compassion or basic common sense..dats all
Yes! We are proud of her for killing the yorubastard rapist and encourage more of our girls to do same! I wonder what it is rap3 and yoruba people. We all heard about the Oba who raped an ibo corper who was serving ​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his community and just days back, a video of a yoruba boy raping a young girl while his friend was recording it circulated all over BBM. SMH for these heartless animals
Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by eldoradoxx: 8:13am On May 14, 2013
gramci: From her story there's no motive for killing him other than self defence
This is my kind of client !! Smart in giving details of her story to the police. If this is all she said to the police then she will walk free eventhough police/ state would in other to douse tension as usual charge to court. She has a solid defence ! The guy brought the knife presumably true because he was the one that would have known in the dark where to locate it. She scampered for safety and screamed for help to avoid not only being raped but also violence being visited on her. She had no alternative but fight back with her assailant weapon.

1 Like

Re: Girl Stabs Her Classmate To Death For Attempted Rape by Okijajuju: 8:24am On May 14, 2013
Delafruita:
finally you agree that she stabbed him to death and ot that she just swung aimlessly.thats been my point all along.i dont deny that the foolissh boy attempted to rape her,however,i wot accept the fact that she had no malicious intent when she swung that knife especially since don ewizzy wasnt armed when she was in possession of the knife.you cal call it a moment of rage or a loss of consciousness of right and wrong but the reality is she swung with intent to kill.hell,she could even have been threatening with the knife before stabbing the morafoka

A girl that is about to be r`aped, gets the one chance to grab a knife, what do you think her intention would be?! To take a picture with it and upload it on BBM with the status 'R`ape things; Self-defence mode activated' or what?! Ofcourse her intent at that point would be to get out via any means possible including killing her assailant for her to escape. A person acting in self defence can never be said to have malicious intent. Go and ask a lawyer sir. When once you establish that malice was involved, then automatically, its no longer self defence but an act of murder because now you have what the law calls 'Mens Rea' and 'Actus Rea' which are both necessary for a killing to be tagged MURDER.

Im sorry, but your post is absolute rubbish coming from the perspective of the Law. You cant use 'Malicious intent' and 'Self-defence' to describe the same act of killing. I'm sorry, that what is called an oxymoron.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

We Killed Futa’s Ex-vc In His Sleep – Domestic Staff / Chinenye Chinedu Ofoedu: 23-Year-Old Lady Declared Missing In Lagos (Photo) / Suspected Fraudsters Arrested In Imo Hotel With A live Snake In Their Luggage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.