Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. (8858 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by BarryX(m): 3:09pm On May 13, 2013
Happy if that will stop this recurrent break in blackberry service from 7pm to 11pm, BTW, Nairaland website ain't opening some topics on my phone , Seun please I need answers it's kinda frustrating
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:17pm On May 13, 2013
Acidosis:

hahahahahahahaha grin grin

Like Lagos is the only city in Nigeria grin

25million ko, 55 billion ni... Lmao!!
u av a specially created beef for Lagos. Its understandable.
How is ur governor doing in Kogi State.
#jx axkin!
Are u now in full control of the oil wells u were layin clain on?
#jx axkin too!

the major road- otite to d local govt in okene, has it ben dualised?
Even lokoja doesnt av a dualized road!
#jx axkin dude!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

angry so many illegal immigrants. Lagos passport should be considered.
Must everybody live in Lagos?!
dis Eko abi okoko Atlantic you act like your fada is the owner of lagos, while you are just a sadist from ibadan with 4-4 tribal marks on both cheeks. You should be more worried about una rent for mushin or orile. Cos u can't buy houses in ikoyi, VI, lekki and co. Cos its all taken by you know na. People wey dey run dis lag. In 2face voice, Dis Lagos wey you dey so is our own. *tongues out*

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by RickyRoss1(m): 3:25pm On May 13, 2013
The illegal immigrants are by far better than you clows. The illegal immigrants are the ones living the good lives, driving porsche cars and living in VGC, Lekki, Ikoyi etc while you cry cry babies remain in shanties where you shiiit in nylon bags.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ebankole: 3:28pm On May 13, 2013
A STRANGER WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A STRANGER.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

God have a reason to keep your generation in dis HOT area in mushin to be suffering, Cos if you be white person, you will be the most wicked RACIST in the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ekoileee: 3:57pm On May 13, 2013
Damn!!!!

see as all the illegal immigrants dey Vent. Na suicide remain for them to commit when deportation begin...smh...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Acidosis(m): 4:28pm On May 13, 2013
SLIDE waxie: u av a specially created beef for Lagos. Its understandable.
How is ur governor doing in Kogi State.
#jx axkin!
Are u now in full control of the oil wells u were layin clain on?
#jx axkin too!

the major road- otite to d local govt in okene, has it ben dualised?
Even lokoja doesnt av a dualized road!
#jx axkin dude!

LOL, don't get it twisted man... No beef, no hating... smiley besides, Lagos is my second home smiley First is Kogi

Btw, Kogi is cool cool smiley and the dwellers are good
So what else do you want to know?
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Okijajuju: 4:42pm On May 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by EkoAtlantic: 4:42pm On May 13, 2013
Deportation never start see as immigrants dey $h!t for body grin
Lwkmd...
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Zet72(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2013
tongue eko ile go soon commit suicide like awolowo because of igbos...

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Iykeponti(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2013
Nawa 4some dude over here grin Lagos belong to Yorubas for mouth... 80% of them re homeless..... Pple wey their papa don sell all their land finish,use d money do street party come dey here dey claim Eko bridge grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ebankole: 5:06pm On May 13, 2013
OWNERS WILL THEN TAKE ALL OF UNA PLACE BE THAT O AFTER DEPORTATION TAKE EFFECT...LOL
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 13, 2013
Acidosis:

Lets say 12-14million
yep 12-14 million

21million is all most the size of ghana inside small lagos is too ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ebankole: 5:07pm On May 13, 2013
grin grin
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by thehomer: 6:54pm On May 13, 2013
What is the plan? Is it to be leased to telecom companies? Or does the state plan to have a state-wide ISP?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 13, 2013
Nigerians please stop having many children. cry sad
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 13, 2013
babe_online: Nigerians please stop having many children. cry sad
they will stop when you stop making babies online.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 13, 2013
Ricky_Ross: The illegal immigrants are by far better than you clows. The illegal immigrants are the ones living the good lives, driving porsche cars and living in VGC, Lekki, Ikoyi etc while you cry cry babies remain in shanties where you shiiit in nylon bags.
Case close. You've said it all.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by cinche(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2013
I don't how some of dis I dash _my_paper_ moni will compare ibori with his tif cotton. Any way lagos populatioin is ond increase so that forcast yes I call it forecast is real.ogboru to d rescue !
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by redsun(m): 7:54pm On May 13, 2013
Same education commissioner that educates healthy looking children in places that are not suitable to rear birds.Same lagos that can not afford to lay pipe borne water around its metropolis to supply her citizens with safe drinking water is Catapulting itself into the 21st century,while the middle age(stone age) basic tasks are yet undone.

You guys have alot to learn development.A people deveelop mentally by understanding the basics which helps them to move forward sequentially.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by dokia: 8:38pm On May 13, 2013
why are all business in lagos sef....cant we have other commercial centers in the country........I thought they were suppose to dredge the river nigers so that onitsha can be used as a port...has that happened yet?
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ClitorialDept: 9:07pm On May 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I blame you.
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by Truckpusher(m): 10:26pm On May 13, 2013
redsun: Same education commissioner that educates healthy looking children in places that are not suitable to rear birds.Same lagos that can not afford to lay pipe borne water around its metropolis to supply her citizens with safe drinking water is Catapulting itself into the 21st century,while the middle age(stone age) basic tasks are yet undone.

You guys have alot to learn development.A people deveelop mentally by understanding the basics which helps them to move forward sequentially.
Sure bro, just like the way you failed in developing your comprehension skill and grammatical composition yet you find yourself worthy of educating the people of Lagos state and Nigerians at large.

How many times have i warned you and your fellow Diasporas to steer clear from this forum whenever you're high on cheap crack and weed ? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by kq(m): 10:31pm On May 13, 2013
yeboyes:

[size=15pt]I know fibre is faster ,i am just trying to confirm if Lagos has ADSL. If Lagos does have direct ADSL ,i will like to know which ADSL vendors offer the service as i have searched the internet and can't find one who does.There is a difference between having fibre optic cable to power GSM towers and having fibre optic cables directly connected to your land line.I use ADSL 24-7 in my country of residence and average 15MB per second so i am looking for any service provider in Nigeria who can match that speed[/size]

Bros you talk correct sense abeg. Imagine a thread on broadband penetration in Lagos and people are talking about population control. I am Yoruba and also lived in Lagos, I wonder how the government hopes to do fibre to home as a last mile connection when there is no infrastructure in place to support it. Instead of us just trolling and shouting Eko o ni baje at every opportunity just because a good idea was pronounced, how about we ask the necessary questions. As far as i am aware, xDSL as a means of broadband access in Lagos died a long time ago besides fibre optic access for core network transmission for the major mobile cellular companies is so erratic partly due to many fibre cuts as a result of digging on our roads. So how can we ensure that this does not affect the ordinary citizen who needs it for last mile access. Also repair time for most fibre cuts is long enough due to the necessary permissions needed for digging roads and even tout activity.

These are some of the things we should be discussing not how to chase people out of Lagos or population control. I t has not worked in any major city in the world so why would it work in Lagos (I mean population control of foreigners). The only places you can effectively carry out population control is in the rural areas either by killing people off or develop the rural areas so there is no rural-urban migration.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by ebankole: 10:32pm On May 13, 2013
I DON'T WHY SOME PPLE HATE ANYTHIN GOOD IF IT'S NOT THIER REGION OR STATE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by 1121: 6:03am On May 14, 2013
I wonder y people keep overpopulating Lagos where there are vast business opportunities here in yola and Maiduguri. Pls change ur mindset and migrate to these virgin land with untapped opportunities. I wish u all the best
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by talktimi(m): 6:55am On May 14, 2013
kq:

Bros you talk correct sense abeg. Imagine a thread on broadband penetration in Lagos and people are talking about population control. I am Yoruba and also lived in Lagos, I wonder how the government hopes to do fibre to home as a last mile connection when there is no infrastructure in place to support it. Instead of us just trolling and shouting Eko o ni baje at every opportunity just because a good idea was pronounced, how about we ask the necessary questions. As far as i am aware, xDSL as a means of broadband access in Lagos died a long time ago besides fibre optic access for core network transmission for the major mobile cellular companies is so erratic partly due to many fibre cuts as a result of digging on our roads. So how can we ensure that this does not affect the ordinary citizen who needs it for last mile access. Also repair time for most fibre cuts is long enough due to the necessary permissions needed for digging roads and even tout activity.

These are some of the things we should be discussing not how to chase people out of Lagos or population control. I t has not worked in any major city in the world so why would it work in Lagos (I mean population control of foreigners). The only places you can effectively carry out population control is in the rural areas either by killing people off or develop the rural areas so there is no rural-urban migration.
oga, they're not talking about kicking out foreigners but rather other Nigerians who aren't from the "republic of Lagos state" they aren't trying to curb rural/urban migration in any way by their statements but rather saying "don't come to my country (Lagos). Its funny the pathetic s#it coming from these our so called online "progressives" their stvpidity is beyond astounding.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by FrankC3: 7:21am On May 14, 2013
This is exactly what you get when you have people who know practically nothing about a subject matter opening their mouth on the subject. Are you aware that Lagos does not even have common fiber duct in almighty VI for people that have acquired right of way for fiber cable to lay? That is exactly why you see roads and roadsides being dug now and then to lay the fiber. Some fiber cable are even planted bare in open drainage in some areas. I can mention locations where such exists.

Now, coming to using fiber to control population, this is one of the funniest thing i have heard because i don't know how they will achieve that. From the claim of education commissioner, it is to increase access to content. Now, the question is what is the capacity of the government owned existing fiber in Lagos? The speed you get out of a single strand of fiber is as good as the transmission devices. A major Nigerian Bank just completed a 10G capacity fiber connection between their primary and secondary datacenter without making noise about it. All they needed to do was to change the transmission nodes.

What is happening in Lagos is too many half truths. Throw some half information around to justify huge contract award. Lagos should design and build a next generation datacenter that will host government content first. Then, they can talk about how to build and expand the fiber based interconnection between the state MDAs. Anyone who know about Galaxy Backbone will understand that the FG have achieved massive interconnection and still expanding with an active node in Lagos. I never hear FG talk about government ICT fiber infrastructure in the same line with population control.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by texazzpete(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2013
21 million Lagosians and only 1000 Lagos State doctors.
That is, one doctor to 21,000 Lagosians. Yet when these overworked doctors start protesting that they want to earn 220k per month, these zombies will start defending the m0r0nic position of the Lagos State Government!

I repeat, 1 doctor to 21,000 people!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by lifestyle1(m): 9:03am On May 14, 2013
Lilimax:
wtf

And what's that suppose to mean ? undecided
Re: Lagos To Support Increasing Population With Fibre-Optic Cables. by olate: 12:12pm On May 14, 2013
it's sad that when fibre ptic cables are laid across roads the destruction of the tar is usually not repaired. Why ,why,why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Proudly Nigerian Only During Football Tournaments? / PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election / Omo-Agege Never Convicted In US — Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.