Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

The African Phenotype Diversity Thread - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The African Phenotype Diversity Thread (69964 Views)

South South: Nigeria's Pride Through Diversity / Ethnic Groups Of Africa---- Let's Embrace Our Diversity. / Countries Of The World Ranked By Linguistic Diversity (nigeria @ #5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Wow khosian look weird, IMHO.

And please its Baka, pygmies is derogatory

My bad. I never knew that. Most videos I seen on the Baka people the narrators label them pygmies. I know Bushmen is a derogatory term to Khoisans. I think...
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 16, 2013
KidStranglehold:

My bad. I never knew that. Most videos I seen on the Baka people the narrators label them pygmies. I know Bushmen is a derogatory term to Khoisans. I think...
I think so. Pygmies(Baka) never had the opportunity to voice their opinions and tell the word the name of their ethnicity

2 Likes

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:38pm On May 16, 2013
Exactly we must support the right of the Baka. Those poor souls. We the tall should lend our hand to the small. Remember the story of how the the rat saved the Lion?
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I think so. Pygmies(Baka) never had the opportunity to voice their opinions and tell the word the name of their ethnicity

Man they should...I always assumed they were called pygmy because that what they are called by non pgymy people. I even hear there population is decreasing, I hope they don't go away because their like one of the oldest populations on this earth.

1 Like

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:45pm On May 16, 2013
Deforestation, illegal logging, mining, land-acquisiton, etc. is killing them. The real Africa story. tongue

1 Like

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 16, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Deforestation, illegal logging, mining, land-acquisiton, etc. is killing them. The real Africa story. tongue
shut up
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 16, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Man they should...I always assumed they were called pygmy because that what they are called by non pgymy people. I even hear there population is decreasing, I hope they don't go away because their like one of the oldest populations on this earth.
it is sad my group slaughtered a lot of them for us to settle where we are now, but as I'm talking we are doing a lot to integrate them in the society, tho trust me a lot of them don't care about our copy and paste Western society. Anyway we keep doing our best, but like pagan said their region is a actually rich, so it has to b exploited
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:56pm On May 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: shut up

*raises eyebrows! *

there are responsible ways to exploit resources.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 12:03am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

*raises eyebrows! *

there are responsible ways to exploit resources.
i know tongue tongue, but our past leaders weren't aware of that, and human/men tend to exploit/cheat others when they have the opportunity
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:09am On May 17, 2013
reminds me of the plight of the small tribe of silver-backed Gorillas in Cameroon. *depressing cry
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 12:16am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
reminds me of the plight of the small tribe of silver-backed Gorillas in Cameroon. *depressing cry
what happened to them, last time I was at the zoo I saw some
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:54am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what happened to them, last time I was at the zoo I saw some

that is the problem. You are not supposed to see em in the zoo. they have to be in the bush. Well they almost got extinct due to bush-meat trade, influx of other (non-Baka) tribes into their lands, baby pet-trade, and being shot down by influx of rebel groups from CAF.

South Cameroonian Gorilla orphan.

We managed to trade this gorilla orphan, for sale on a logging road in Cameroon, for a worthless ring. We transported the gorilla safely to a sanctuary at the other end of the country. He died a few months later. Gorilla orphans are different from chimpanzees and often just give up, losing their will to live."
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:04am On May 17, 2013
The first pic is not in Cameroon

1 Like

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:07am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: The first pic is not in Cameroon

yes its not. just for emphasis. anyways you will find similar pics related to Cameroon as well. there is no shame in that. It is better to accept ones faults and work to better it, rather than ignore it, and act like you are faultless and perfect. . wink

btw Cameroon, have you ever come across live-bush meat such as this, being sold in Cameroon streets/ villages
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:20am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes its not. just for emphasis. anyways you will find similar pics related to Cameroon as well. there is no shame in that. It is better to accept ones faults and work to better it, rather than ignore it, and act like you are faultless and perfect. . wink

btw Cameroon, have you ever come across live-bush meat such as this, being sold in Cameroon streets/ villages
live Bush meat, Humm yes, but not monkeys. I don't t know the name of these animals in English : lievre, pangolin, varan, and porc-epic ...

I'm not denying anything but most of these people come from CAR and are not Cameroonian, Cameroonian are not poached they don't have the weapons to do so unlike these rebels infested countries (Chad, Sudan, CAR)
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:25am On May 17, 2013
Dude Cameroon is urbanized, people dont sell Bush meat esp the one forbidden in the streets lol..in fact most of poachers do it for their own stomach
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:28am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: live Bush meat, Humm yes, but not monkeys. I don't t know the name of these animals in English : lievre, pangolin, varan, and porc-epic ...

I'm not denying anything but most of these people come from CAR and are not Cameroonian, Cameroonian are not poached they don't have the weapons to do so unlike these rebels infested countries (Chad, Sudan, CAR)

oh hmm. .If you ever see an endagendered animal on sale (especially if its one of our close-relatives : monkeys/ gorillas) , do not hesistate to do them a service and setting them free. A service to nature is never in vain. Nature always pays back with good rewards.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:30am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

oh hmm. .If you ever see an endagendered animal on sale (especially if its one of our close-relatives : monkeys/ gorillas) , do not hesistate to do them a service and setting them free. A service to nature is never in vain. Nature always pays back with good rewards.
lol, I love Bush meats tho I don't have the opportunity to eat that much, my dad doesn't likevit so we don't buy it...BTW, I don't want any problem oo who am I to free someone animal?
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: lol, I love Bush meats tho I don't have the opportunity to eat that much, my dad doesn't likevit so we don't buy it...BTW, I don't want any problem oo who am I to free someone animal?

lol kai what a sellfish thought. grin

No. i did not tell you to stop eating bushmeat. I just said if you come across endangered animals. ofcourse do so only if you have the money to pay for it. tongue
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:33am On May 17, 2013
Maybe report them to the authorities, I don't even all the endangered species
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:34am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

lol kai what a sellfish thought. grin

No. i did not tell you to stop eating bushmeat. I just said if you come across endangered animals. ofcourse do so only if you have the money to pay for it. tongue
I'm honest Bush meat is sweet .do you eat snakes?
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:38am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I'm honest Bush meat is sweet .do you eat snakes?

no.
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 1:42am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no.
grin grin grin
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 3:55am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: The first pic is not in Cameroon
weep for cameroon grin
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 3:57am On May 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
lol pagan!

Its seems like you are making fun of these pygmies baka people.... comparing them to apes and shyte grin
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 4:02am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I'm honest Bush meat is sweet .do you eat snakes?
Est-ce que la savour bonne?

Le nom est serpont en francais, oui?
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 4:04am On May 17, 2013
pleep: weep for cameroon grin
na lie we don't have this brand in cameroon, and we don't eat monkey, at least not like people think, that's probably in Congo etc
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by Nobody: 4:05am On May 17, 2013
pleep: Est-ce que la savour bonne?

Le nom est serpont en francais, oui?

*saveur
*serpent
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 4:17am On May 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: na lie we don't have this brand in cameroon, and we don't eat monkey, at least not like people think, that's probably in Congo etc
I think congolese people bring shame to africa... eating monkies is probably the lowest place a human can go. Regardez ces photos embarassed

kinshasha bushmeat festival

Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 4:18am On May 17, 2013
But anyway is snake good? i've always wanted to try it.

The weirdest thing they eat in my part of Nigeria is snails (real snails) and its probably my favorite food on earth, with a little salt and onions grin
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2013
pleep: lol pagan!

Its seems like you are making fun of these pygmies baka people.... comparing them to apes and shyte grin

nope I didnt. anyways Gorillas are huger. They are mcuh larger in stature than Baka.

eating monkeys is closest to cannibalism. . tongue
Re: The African Phenotype Diversity Thread by pleep(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2013
Do u support cannibalism in the tribal societies that do it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.