Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! (2917 Views)

Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? / My Toyota Camry 99 V6 Power Steering Makes Funny Noise, Plsss Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 12:16am On May 14, 2013
Hello Oga siena and NL gurus,

I am begging in the name of God pls help me as I know nothing about car except for the info I get from this forum.
Just took delievery of a toyota siena van 2000 model LE from US,my friend actually helped me get it and the result of the VIN check I posted here doest not indicate anything bad about it but I notice few things in the car when I cleared it and brougth it home and I need your help urgently.

1.The AC is not chilling during hot weather.
2.What type of coolant can I use as the follow come inside looks brownish sort of
3.I woke up this morning to see some drops of oil underneath the car and am begin to be afraid as the engine is gettIng soaked sort of and I saw smthing like the engine had been worked on am soooo confused rigth now because this is my first car I am yet to own one before.pls help me I dnt wnt to die in silence what can I do to enjoy dis car.
Everyones contribution is highly welcome.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by sultaan(m): 2:53am On May 14, 2013
Get under the car and look at where its dripping from and trace it to top of engine
Usual suspect is valve cover
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by Whynow(m): 9:07am On May 14, 2013
1. Don't know how many fans has a Sienna, but this might help you
Turn on the AC, step out , pop open the hood and check if the two fans are rolling. If one is not rolling , then that's your problem(Fix or change fan). I had an experience where my AC was not cooling due to one of the fans stopped working (2005 Honda Pilot EXL).

2. If the fans are working (two of them), then let an expert check the AC refrigerant/ Freon level

3. For Oil leakage
From experience , its either from the seal where the gear goes into the engine ,OR the seal around oil filter . Same from same car Honda Pilot

Hope i made sense
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by JUO(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2013
always inspect the car before payment
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2013
Tx u all for your support
@sultan,
Av traced from under the engine to top it ends around the engine cover where some three plugs were fixed sort of.
@why now,
The two fan works well when the AC is on but no chilling
Am trying to attach the engine pics from BB but I won't can anyone tell me what to do to get it uploaded here I guess that will go a long way in butressing my complain
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2013
kunle75: Tx u all for your support
@sultan,
Av traced from under the engine to top it ends around the engine cover where some three plugs were fixed sort of.
@why now,
The two fan works well when the AC is on but no chilling
Am trying to attach the engine pics from BB but I won't can anyone tell me what to do to get it uploaded here I guess that will go a long way in butressing my complain

if oil is coming from where you mentioned then it simple as well, the cover needs to be taken off and then put new sealant
and if there is no chill thats simple it needs a refill
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 12:13am On May 15, 2013
[b][/b]
ZIM DRILL:

if oil is coming from where you mentioned then it simple as well, the cover needs to be taken off and then put new sealant
and if there is no chill thats simple it needs a refill

@zim drill,
Thanks a lot bro I saw smthing sealant peeling out sort of looks like it need re enforcement I dnt kno, pls do u kno any good and honest auto mech that can help me out with this cos I don't seems to trust some I saw around here,I live at ebute dangote port side at ikorodu here in lagos.

Other gurus I still welcome more opinion espcially on My AC not chilling and what type of coolant I can use,tx all in anticipation.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:47am On May 15, 2013
kunle75: [b][/b]

@zim drill,
Thanks a lot bro I saw smthing sealant peeling out sort of looks like it need re enforcement I dnt kno, pls do u kno any good and honest auto mech that can help me out with this cos I don't seems to trust some I saw around here,I live at ebute dangote port side at ikorodu here in lagos.

Other gurus I still welcome more opinion espcially on My AC not chilling and what type of coolant I can use,tx all in anticipation.

check this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX5-D3znf8M

he is changing the gasket that is making your car leak dont confuse this gasket with famous head gasket

this one is for the valve cover

unfortunately am in uk

for AC R134a is the gas now used all over the world
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by sultaan(m): 4:21am On May 15, 2013
See this thread where I did the same thing.i got frustrated because I was banned so many times and my posts and pics disappear I gave up and kept the rest of the pics.

https://www.nairaland.com/852138/how

What happens over time is that the gasket shrink(heat+time) and in your case your pcv valve is also clogged so the oil pressure pushed out the valve cover gasket.Change both and you will be fine.

The pcv valve is just a small plastic around the valve cover that is suppose to let expanded air/fumes out of the engine and into the air system so there is a hose that goes from the air system in my jeep it was connected to that protruding side of that dirty black oil fill tube I was holding(last pic).Because it was clogged moisture and fumes was accumulating there build up sludge and pressure, attached is the pic prior to me taking it apart.

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 6:30am On May 15, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

check this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX5-D3znf8M

he is changing the gasket that is making your car leak dont confuse this gasket with famous head gasket

this one is for the valve cover

unfortunately am in uk

for AC R134a is the gas now used all over the world
Thanks so much bro,though I don't have good internet to watch the video on my BB now,but I promise I will do dat and get back to you guys on my findings and what my next line of action is.
But on the type of coolant to use, you guys are still quiet though am sorry to borther you bro.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 6:41am On May 15, 2013
sultaan: See this thread where I did the same thing.i got frustrated because I was banned so many times and my posts and pics disappear I gave up and kept the rest of the pics.

What happens over time is that the gasket shrink(heat+time) and in your case your pcv valve is also clogged so the oil pressure pushed out the valve cover gasket.Change both and you will be fine.

The pcv valve is just a small plastic around the valve cover that is suppose to let expanded air/fumes out of the engine and into the air system so there is a hose that goes from the air system in my jeep it was connected to that protruding side of that dirty black oil fill tube I was holding(last pic).Because it was clogged moisture and fumes was accumulating there build up sludge and pressure, attached is the pic prior to me taking it apart.

@sultan

Tx so much can u pls send me some of those pics here is my mail addrs kunle_oshin@yahoo.com or koshinubi@ic-sol.net the latter is my official mail box I can get instantly.

Secondly do you reside here is lagos too or you know any good auto mech here in lagos u can refer me to I dnt mind, I can drive down there since its not smthing dat will take a whole day to fix.

Thirdly as for the coolant do u have an idea of the type of coolant I can use and I to get it too?

Tx so much for your. support so far you guys are just a set of wonderful people,am waiting to hear from you guys soon
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by ib4babes(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Thirdly as for the coolant do u have an idea of the type of coolant I can use and I to get it too?

Well, for the coolant, Sienna does not really have many problems with that once your cooling system is ok meaning your fan is in good condition you will not have any problems. The car comes with radiator thermostat; make sure it has not been tempered with. So the second fan works with the AC on, that’s why you'll notice it sounding higher when the AC is on.
For the AC not cooling well during hot weather is just as a result of the gas not been ok, just look for an Ac expert to top up the gas with 134a gas (maxstron) though am not to sure of that make spelling, then watch it for some time, if it goes down again then go for proper tracing of the leakage. Meanwhile check close to the no.1 plug, there is a small cylinder like bottle that has a glass top, if you notice bobbles then the gas is low and when u top it up, its should be cleared. Do not let then finger the Ac system for now since it’s still a new tokunbo, the gas can get low due to long packing over there. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 7:49pm On May 15, 2013
Tx all for Your concern and support I will check everythin over the wkend by Gods grace and report back to you guys once again am greatful to you all.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by earthrealm(m): 7:56pm On May 15, 2013
a/c not cooling is not always low gas related o...there could be other causes..

1. check ur a/c filter..it normally inside ur glove compartment/pigeon hole...clean or replace accordingly

2. their is a temp sensor in the dashboard thta regulates the tempreture..if that unit is bad...a/c wont function fiine

@ poster...start the car and leave it in park..observe the idle rpm,..then turn on the a/c...how does the rpm behave when the ac is turned on?
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:02pm On May 15, 2013
earthrealm: a/c not cooling is not always low gas related o...there could be other causes..

1. check ur a/c filter..it normally inside ur glove compartment/pigeon hole...clean or replace accordingly

2. their is a temp sensor in the dashboard thta regulates the tempreture..if that unit is bad...a/c wont function fiine

@ poster...start the car and leave it in park..observe the idle rpm,..then turn on the a/c...how does the rpm behave when the ac is turned o
n?

A filter wont affect to the point of not having a c

as for the sensor both warm and cold wouldnt be working if the sensor is faulty

He said it works but no chill so the main culprit is the gas level

On some cars if the gas level is low the compressor wont engage after switch on the a/c so switch on a/c listen if the compressor engages if safe feature not burn compresor since the gas level would be low to circulate the system

1 Like

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 11:37pm On May 15, 2013
Hello my ogas at the top, lol grin

After the response by ib4babes I. Decided to check the AC,put on the engine for a while and later put on AC,then I observe a cylinder type of a bottle with glass top sort of in the hood,its ransparent and the content was bubbling like its not filled up,am suspecting it could be that its required to be refilled but opinion are welcome from the gurus but I still appreciate it if a good AC expert is introduced I reside here in lagos.

Am so sorry I need to chip in this,currently I just serviced the engine with AP visco 2000 engine oil I dnt know if that's ok too.

God bless u all for your continuos support.

1 Like

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by Whynow(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2013
That may be your radiator coolant holder . Try fill it up with a good coolant (it always has a min and max level). It is not supposed to bubble and you may have a worn top gasket.
Does the car over heat?
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 9:40pm On May 16, 2013
Why now: That may be your radiator coolant holder . Try fill it up with a good coolant (it always has a min and max level). It is not supposed to bubble and you may have a worn top gasket.
Does the car over heat?

Am finding a bit difficult to upload the pics here I guess that wld av aid my explanation better but,
1.It not the coolant holder this one looks like an aluminium cylinder sort off of,How do I know the min max level since its not inscribed anywhere around the object am trying to describe.
2.Can I just walk into any auto spare part store and ask for R134a gas that has been suscribed to me in the initial post for the refill?
3.Top gasket I dnt get that sorry am not auto savy!!!
4.The long drive I have done with the car was late march when it was driven from Tincan apapa to my house at ikorodu and since then am yet to take it out so I may not know yet if it will do overheating but for the mean time no overheating yet sir.

God will continue to strengthen you guys and broading your knowledge base for us in jesus name amen.

More opinion are still welcome but my challenge is that most of this auto mech pple seems not knowlegable enough to do proper justice to the problem despite my been giving them all the solutions av gathered here,they all seems not to get it.

Pls I need a good place to take the car to cos am sure the issue is very minor and I dnt want them to compound it for me.

Thanks loads waiting for more opinion sirs.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by sultaan(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2013
Check the size of the pics they need to be below 200mb
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2013
sultaan: Check the size of the pics they need to be below 200mb

Its just 450kb may be its cos am uploading from my BB,I don't know
But I will keep trying sha
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by floridam(m): 5:36pm On May 18, 2013
kunle75:

Its just 450kb may be its cos am uploading from my BB,I don't know
But I will keep trying sha
It has to be below 200kb not mb
To be on the safer side, make it less than 100kb so it can be easily uploadable.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by FlyboyZee: 7:40pm On May 18, 2013
kunle75: Hello my ogas at the top, lol grin

After the response by ib4babes I. Decided to check the AC,put on the engine for a while and later put on AC,then I observe a cylinder type of a bottle with glass top sort of in the hood,its ransparent and the content was bubbling like its not filled up,am suspecting it could be that its required to be refilled but opinion are welcome from the gurus but I still appreciate it if a good AC expert is introduced I reside here in lagos.

Am so sorry I need to chip in this,currently I just serviced the engine with AP visco 2000 engine oil I dnt know if that's ok too.

God bless u all for your continuos support.

Thats ur power steering oil agitating. Please, please & please, do not put coolant into it. That's how mine agitates too.
Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 8:03am On May 20, 2013
Here is the engine pics i spoke about,though i tried to circle the spot with some application but did not succeed

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2013
For the AC not cooling well during hot weather is just as a result of the gas not been ok, just look for an Ac expert to top up the gas with 134a gas (maxstron) though am not to sure of that make spelling, then watch it for some time, if it goes down again then go for proper tracing of the leakage. Meanwhile check close to the no.1 plug, there is a small cylinder like bottle that has a glass top, if you notice bobbles then the gas is low and when u top it up, its should be cleared. Do not let then finger the Ac system for now since it’s still a new tokunbo, the gas can get low due to long packing over there. Good luck[/quote]

i hope you can help me out with this pics

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by sultaan(m): 3:09pm On May 20, 2013
Most oil leaks start from around the line I circled.There is a gasket between the valve cover and the engine head.

If you open up the oil fill cap with the engine running you will notice the constant puff of air.That air should be going back into the system through the pvc back into the air box. The pcv is what connects that hose to the engine.

Look around that line there might be more leak in the back, but first wash the engine the wait to see where fresh leaks are coming from

1 Like

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by kunle75(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2013
sultaan: Most oil leaks start from around the line I circled.There is a gasket between the valve cover and the engine head.

If you open up the oil fill cap with the engine running you will notice the constant puff of air.That air should be going back into the system through the pvc back into the air box. The pcv is what connects that hose to the engine.

Look around that line there might be more leak in the back, but first wash the engine the wait to see where fresh leaks are coming from

@Sultaan,

you are a God sent that place you circled is exactly where the oil is coming out,please what can i use to wash it,and can i do the washing on my own or will it required the services of a skilled mechanic? Cos i notice the leakage all around that engine head cover axis alone and i do not know the long term impact it will generate if i continue to use it that way without fixing it now,i dnt even like anything messy sort of.

as for the AC that i mentioned earlier,that silver aluminium bottled like stuff in the pics towards the left side of the engine in the pics,is what am trying to mentioned the other time.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oil Sneaking Out Of My Engine Plsss Help !!!!!! by Biya007: 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
Please Mr kunle or sultan please call me i want to know how you solve ur oil leakage

(1) (Reply)

affordable Auto Locksmith / Pls Where Can I Get A Very Good Obd Ii Scanner / Acura RL 3.5 V6 Engine, Help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.