Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

My Wife And Her Job - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And Her Job (1322 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife And Her Job by abbyode(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2008
Nairalanders hi,
I have this worry and i would like to seek your intelligent opinion.
My wife works in a bank in Lagos and I hope you know what that means.
Despite all my efforts to support her in realising her career dream/ambition in whatever capacity I can, I still discover that the Job is really telling on her and is probably having effect on our family esp our new-born baby.
The nature of my job is that I am not always around most times coz I travel a lot.

Even though I can afford to let her resign that job now, I dont want to force her because she is not a business type.I would have loved her to go into private business.We have discussed this issue severally but itz like she doesnt want to leave the job, so she has even stopped complaining about it.

I am really confused and I dont want to hurt her as far as her career dream is concerned but itz really having effect on her and the family even though she pretends shez okay with it.

I really love my wife but I dont like the nature of her job, help plssssssss.
Re: My Wife And Her Job by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2008
yea i like d fact dat she looks like someone who is hardworking and wants to be a little bit independent,but one thing every woman must know is ,after God,her family comes first in all things
Re: My Wife And Her Job by rite2salas(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2008
you not even happy your wife has a career. u want her to be an orange or vegetable seller abi?  undecided
let your wife do watever she has pleasure doing  cheesy and stop being jealous
Re: My Wife And Her Job by bluehorizo(m): 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2008
I understand what you are going through.She must be a lucky woman to have such a man like you. All she needs is to quit her job and become an employer by employing others to work for her and that will save her the stress she goes through everyday and will give her the time to take care of your baby. Most female bankers that i know are happy when they have a man who will take them away from the banking stress and give them a better life. You need to make her understand this. Or maybe she wants someone else to take care of her home since she cannot do it.
Re: My Wife And Her Job by bluehorizo(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2008
rite2salas:

you not even happy your wife has a career. u want her to be an orange or vegetable seller abi? undecided
let your wife do watever she has pleasure doing cheesy and stop being jealous

Not a good advice and why do you think the poster is jealous? He said he can afford to make her resign and start up a business for her only if that she is not the business type. So how is he jealous? Career can affect a relationship for sure where you hardly have time for each other.
Re: My Wife And Her Job by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2008
Or maybe she wants someone else to take care of her home since she cannot do it.

i quite agree wt u,except she wants someone else to take care of her home,she has to get d fact into her head that her family comes first,ok what if shes sacked(God forbid)who will she rely on?is it not her family?d poster even begged her to stop and open a business of her own and she insists on this banking stress,na waooo,this is what some women want,afterall im not practising what i studied in d uni,im a business woman too,and believe me when a woman is in business she has so much time for her family,because she has people who r working for her,so she has d whole time to lazy around at home

@poster

you're d man of d house,make her see reasons wt u,afterall u paid her dowry and u married her into your house,finally make her see that you're head of d family and your decisions must stand
Re: My Wife And Her Job by shoti(m): 7:56am On Apr 22, 2008
i understand better what u are passing through as a man because i am a banker who is also married. i hate seen ladies passing 2ru all this stress on daily basis.woman banker dont have life.as a man i am tired of wake-up early and coming back late.
i dont even have time for my family that really matter to me.if i should say this what then would a woman says.my advice is that you just take time and talk to her, attimes in life parent give-up dreams so that their children can have one.there are 1001 things she can do outside banking that can make her be fullfil and happy in life.finally,life is not all about making money alone.
Re: My Wife And Her Job by almondjoy(f): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2008
Apparently she does not love herself or her family enough to know when to quit.  It appears she values her life outside the house without you and her baby than inside the house.

Her inability to find a healthy balance between her career and domestic life shows that there is a break down of communication in your household.  It is time to sit down or lie down. . . eyebrow to eyebrow and sort things out.

(1) (Reply)

If U Meet Ur Papa 4 Asewo House Wetin U Go Do Self? / For The Men:can You Lower Your Standards To Provide For Your Family? / Husbands What Exactly Do You Want From Your Wives And Vice Versa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.