Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Is Sexual Thought A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sexual Thought A Sin (1452 Views)

WHY IS SEXUAL TEMPTATION A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN? / Is Sexual Desire A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sexual Thought A Sin by fubbyy(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2013
I've come to a conclusion that nobody,I repeat, nobody on this planet earth has 100% control over his or her mind, what I mean is that nobody can decide what to think for the day just like we have timetable of what to do or eat for the day

I've been struggling with this so I decided to be a human by giving up the struggle(let my mind think whatever it desire)

You walk in the street you see a girl with a nice hips, before you could tell your brain not to think or fantasize about that you have already given it a thought

You watch a movie and when it comes to a sex scene before you could pick the remote to fast forward you have already given it a thought,even if u do, you still keep dragging your mind out of it,and for the fact that you are dragging your mind out,you have already given it a thought

You browse the internet(especially facebook)once you open the page the pics you see stuck in your mind even after the internet surfing

Can a human ever decide what to think? the answer is NO, if so, is thinking about sex which is not all our fault a sin?

Mature responds please!
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by drake99: 5:08pm On May 14, 2013
Me sef I dey ask this same question, but I think its a sin because bible commented on it (can't remember the verse shaa) but my question is the same as yours, if its a sin how can a human get rid of the thought totally which is not possible

Anyway we have pastors here whom can give us the answer
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by fubbyy(m): 5:10pm On May 14, 2013
drake99: Me sef I dey ask this same question, but I think its a sin because bible commented on it (can't remember the verse shaa) but my question is the same as yours, if its a sin how can a human get rid of the thought totally which is not possible

Anyway we have pastors here whom can give us the answer
nice1, where are the pastors?

Am waiting
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by Ngenge(m): 2:49pm On May 16, 2013
Any thought can flash into our mind but we ar urged to delete it 4m our mind or not to think of it if its negative. Example when a guy sees a lady dat is dressed provocatively or indecently,u need to take a casual look at her & go ur way and not to mope or stare at her. The more u look,d more d temptation to think about her body. Its just how u condition ur mind. If u doubt me,wait. When u see an insane naked lady,do u go ahead to register her unclothedness in your brain on how to get at her? Wil u make attempts to sleep wit her?
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by fubbyy(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2013
Ngenge: Any thought can flash into our mind but we ar urged to delete it 4m our mind or not to think of it if its negative. Example when a guy sees a lady dat is dressed provocatively or indecently,u need to take a casual look at her & go ur way and not to mope or stare at her. The more u look,d more d temptation to think about her body. Its just how u condition ur mind. If u doubt me,wait. When u see an insane naked lady,do u go ahead to register her unclothedness in your brain on how to get at her? Wil u make attempts to sleep wit her?
you are right but the ability of taking away your mind is what is in question
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by EatmyShorts: 9:17pm On May 16, 2013
It is a sin. Young man, you need deliverance. See me Immediately.

Jesus Loves you.

Pastor MarcAnthony
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 16, 2013
No it's not.
Procreation and the love for it is natural.
God wired mankind to view the female body in the way that they do
because a man is supposed to spread his seed. (I believe men were made to
have more than one woman/wives..but that's just my opinion!)

However when a man becomes obsessed with s3x and if his s3xual desires
outweigh his ability to control himself, that is when it becomes a problem.

FYI i know women can be pervs too.. tongue

Moral of the story: Moderation is the key.
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by EatmyShorts: 9:30pm On May 16, 2013
Don't be deceived by anyone young man. It is a Sin and i can help you.

2hours of deliverance and 1 week dry fast and you are good to go.

Jesus loves You.

Pastor MarcAnthony.
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 16, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by fubbyy(m): 10:32pm On May 16, 2013
*Kails*:
No it's not.
Procreation and the love for it is natural.
God wired mankind to view the female body in the way that they do
because a man is supposed to spread his seed. (I believe men were made to
have more than one woman/wives..but that's just my opinion!)

However when a man becomes obsessed with s3x and if his s3xual desires
outweigh his ability to control himself, that is when it becomes a problem.

FYI i know women can be pervs too.. tongue

Moral of the story: Moderation is the key.
ok noted
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 16, 2013
fubbyy: ok noted

good.
so don't think what you are doing is wrong.
just try not to make your fantasies consume you. wink
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by Ngenge(m): 7:16am On May 17, 2013
Its in your mindset. If u decide and determine not to be swept away by what u see,it can be done. Can u attempt to sleep wit an insane naked lady if both of u ar kept in a room?
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by shdemidemi(m): 11:36am On May 17, 2013
Romans 2:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

That verse up the God will surely judge every man and all the secretive things like what we think in our minds amongst many more secret sins.

If God judge man by this, no man would make heaven, but He is a merciful God. Christ has come to propitiate for our sins and He has justified us. this loving gesture is not universal but for only those who believe.

For clearer understanding, on that day of judgement when we will stand before God, those that believed would be wrapped by the blood of Christ as if they never sinned.
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by orgasticdance: 12:43pm On May 17, 2013
Depends on your belief system which you did not specify. of course the religious faithful will come out in here in droves and tell you thoughtlessly that it is a sin because the bible says so. But as a rational human being, you've already acknowledged that it's well nigh impossible to rein in the wandering thoughts of the mind. So you have the answer then! No man or puny God has the right to crucify you for what is purely a harmless indulgence of your mind! And perhaps nothing reinforces the fraud of the faithful more than their petty preoccupation with what goes on in peoples minds and bedrooms. What's their damn business anyway? Guy leave the thoughtless sheep to their primitive ways and indulge your mind abeg!
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by fubbyy(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2013
orgasticdance: Depends on your belief system which you did not specify. of course the religious faithful will come out in here in droves and tell you thoughtlessly that it is a sin because the bible says so. But as a rational human being, you've already acknowledged that it's well nigh impossible to rein in the wandering thoughts of the mind. So you have the answer then! No man or puny God has the right to crucify you for what is purely a harmless indulgence of your mind! And perhaps nothing reinforces the fraud of the faithful more than their petty preoccupation with what goes on in peoples minds and bedrooms. What's their damn business anyway? Guy leave the thoughtless sheep to their primitive ways and indulge your mind abeg!
nice 1 bro
Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by anthonypeters(m): 11:11pm On May 17, 2013
You can avoid evil thoughts, yes you can. But the problem is that most times it is we who bring ourselves into temptations, for example, you are walking along a street and you see a girl; you cant see anyother thing apart from what you said you see........... quite shamefull. The truth is that you are not yet saved, and if you are then you need to pray through to the the grace of sanctification for you to conquer such thing.
For the movie, why would even lay hands on these days movies that have nothing good to portray? Anyone who wants to make Heaven must be very careful! Let me stop here for now

1 Like

Re: Is Sexual Thought A Sin by kambo(m): 11:44pm On May 17, 2013
If u are a chrstian , d spirit of God abides in ur spirit but ur mind isnt born again and ur body still wants to sin. So they'll always b d struggle internally. D issue is wether u really want 2 overcome..
Cuz most christians just thrw up their hands and giv up d fight. Thts y christians in general live such hypocritcl lives..
You can actually control EVRY THOUGHT tht goes thru ur mind.
YOUR mind isnt a dumping ground fr foul tots but d process aint easy but is possible.
My lil experience is 1) dont pray about it SPEAK to it. Command d tot 2 leave ur mind in jesus name.
It seems unnatural at frst but after som time u'll feel results.
A tot can keep comg to ur mind many times a day so uve got to cast them out so often. Its HARD WORK..
2.) destroy/stay away from thse thngs tht feed d tots.
3.) engage in activities dat make u thnk on somtn else.
For tot contrl read 2cor 10 vs4,5.

Strt and grw but my xperience is most ppl dnt want to really gv up sme sin.. They just wanna tlk abt it but not leave it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Do You Ever Had An Itchy Palms Whenever You Want To Spend Or Receive Money? / South African Preacher Gets Congregation To Drink PETROL / See Baby Girl Born With Elephant Nose!been Worshiped By Hindus.n Reason (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.