Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? (50652 Views)

When The Bride Price Is Too High For Him To Pay / Why Do Yorubas Return The Bride-price To The Groom's Family? / Strangest African Cultures You Have Ever Heard Of, Or Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Godsbaby1(f): 8:26am On May 16, 2013
All these pride prize depend on the family, am from abia state, an Anambra man came to marry my aunty aroun 1996, i was call to be sent a massage i had them negotiating #600, i got married in 2007 my hubby told me the prize is 10,000k, he told them he pay at of his voliation, he gave my poeple 100,000, list was about 300,000k, dats all
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by komek(m): 8:29am On May 16, 2013
tyexploit:
bride price for Urhobos is not N10, its N120 and N20 would be return back to the grooms pple
Are u serious? My babe na Urhobo woman o. Let me hurry sharp sharp before una go increase am. Buh, I hear say una dey do some plenty things na like buying so many things that will make it amount to 500k? Pls clearify

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Godsbaby1(f): 8:33am On May 16, 2013
tunlex01:

I don't think Ʊ know anything abt anambra. If Ʊ have said Imo, Ʊ would have been correct. Anambra bride price is not much
y are u being silly, who told u imo's bride prize is high have u been there? Anambra advert ko, anambra cheap prize nii
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by saganuwa: 9:07am On May 16, 2013
kels on point: grin
whaaaat?
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by komek(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2013
Most of us are not really getting the topic right. It says what's the most ridiculous bride price u have ever heard. Now we have started dishing out everything needed to carry out a marriage, eg lists that follows a bride price and sum everything like the cost of transportation to the bride village, canopies, chairs, food, cloth, even money for fuel in your car etc up to 1m-5m. I just collected 2k as bride price from an inlaw last weekend just becos my kinsmen insisted and 90k for the other things. And the young man was so grateful. It was 90k because I don't want to look like I am going against the laws of the land. Pls parents, help the young men like us cos this lists are scary. And it making us look irresponsible..
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by amanda2013(f): 10:15am On May 16, 2013
am from imo state and i can tell you that our bride price is not the way most guys here are painting it. it depends on the place.say like mbaise, owerri and mbano ppl. these are the only community that collect outrageous bride price from their in laws and even at the it still depends on the type of family the girl came from.if the family is the greedy type then be ready to pay everything.so pls before you post anything better get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by danaz(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2013
At Ngwo,Enugu State.i was asked to get 115 crates of malt(232k) n 15 pieces of wrappers.this was aside d bride price itself n d 25k n small party for the girls mother..as against 120 naira in my place( Delta)...
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Evestar200(f): 10:32am On May 16, 2013
The man wey go marry me nor get problem sha,,cuz no family paleva,,bcuz my mum will never ever allow them to negotiate anything

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by dulphines: 10:58am On May 16, 2013
greg1234:

This is similar to the List given to me during my Trado wedding in Anam,Anambra.The Bride price was about 50K but reduced to 15k but the contents in the list complete no reduction no abeg.I spent about 500k.

Not all parts of Anambra is expensive. I spent less than 120k a few years ago. It all depends on the family (Umunna)

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by kaykay123(m): 10:58am On May 16, 2013
Evestar200: The man wey go marry me nor get problem sha,,cuz no family paleva,,bcuz my mum will never ever allow them to negotiate anything

If that's your picture on your profile,and I planned marrying you,I will negotiate with your parents on how much they will pay before I marry you.Don't take it personal oo.Abeg
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 16, 2013
danaz: At Ngwo,Enugu State.i was asked to get 115 crates of malt(232k) n 15 pieces of wrappers.this was aside d bride price itself n d 25k n small party for the girls mother..as against 120 naira in my place( Delta)...
And u bought all?
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by igweGC(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2013
igbsam: And you call that ridiculous ? My friend got married to an owerri girl last year. He paid a bride price of N2.5million, after which, he bought the wedding materials for all the relatives, from the mother, to the father down to the uncles and aunties, the sisters and cousins including nephews. He was also give 2 family members to train in school and business. After 8months of the wedding.....the bride's father demanded for a car and the father specifically asked for a 2005 c-class Mercedes Benz Car which he borrow money to buy for him. The mother asked for some money to fill her shop with stocks which my friend is still finding it difficult to give her. Isn't this ridiculous ?
HOPE SEY HIM COLLECT RECEIPT FOR D BRIDE PRICE??
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by igweGC(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2013
igbsam: And you call that ridiculous ? My friend got married to an owerri girl last year. He paid a bride price of N2.5million, after which, he bought the wedding materials for all the relatives, from the mother, to the father down to the uncles and aunties, the sisters and cousins including nephews. He was also give 2 family members to train in school and business. After 8months of the wedding.....the bride's father demanded for a car and the father specifically asked for a 2005 c-class Mercedes Benz Car which he borrow money to buy for him. The mother asked for some money to fill her shop with stocks which my friend is still finding it difficult to give her. Isn't this ridiculous ?
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Evestar200(f): 12:21pm On May 16, 2013
kaykay123:

If that's your picture on your profile,and I planned marrying you,I will negotiate with your parents on how much they will pay before I marry you.Don't take it personal oo.Abeg
dats my profile pix,,bt dont bother dear,,am getting married to a ghanaian few yrs time
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by powerblaze(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2013
lorretta u: what's this dumb mallam talking about.in most cases you're marrying a girl you've dated for a while.you've serviced the so called honey pot countless times and when it's time to marry,u remember she not a virgin.I don't blame the people who want to milk folks like u dry.ur selfishness oozes from a distance.

Your stupidity is contagious.. Learn to read.. Dont let your guilt ridden conscience cloud your deluded thinking.. I've dated my girl for six years n I'm yet to touch her.. We all ain't like ur bf.. And that's not even the point I was trying to make.. Ediot
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by switex(f): 1:27pm On May 16, 2013
Evestar200: @yomi,,igbo marriage bride price cost die mosly imo igbos
AM an igbo girl,bt am telling u dis bcus I know much abt it,de igbo girl been expensive is a family thing,bride price in some part of igbo land is nt up to 100naira,is mostly greedy family dat see deir daughter as a means of making money dat give diz bad names to igbos.

1 Like

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by od4life(m): 1:28pm On May 16, 2013
Hello house...can anyone help with information on Arochukwu bride price and list? Thanks.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=ItsModella]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#006600]are you done lying? oya, move aside.

He is not lying their marriage is very expensive.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Ebenezerk2: 3:03pm On May 16, 2013
I paid around 5k but it was returned back to me by my father-in-law.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by AceVentura: 3:20pm On May 16, 2013
N10.00 for Urhobo dowry?
Are you kidding me?

Raise your hand if you're married to an Urhobo woman cos I am & I paid 5k as dowry & the list thick well well.

I dunno about Esan people but my people (AZ in Imo State to be precise) take N25.25k as dowry & the list can be monetized with less than 100k. I've also heard about ridiculous dowry from other parts of my state.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by ISBLIAC(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2013
Evestar200: The man wey go marry me nor get problem sha,,cuz no family paleva,,bcuz my mum will never ever allow them to negotiate anything
come here make we talk.......you know say i don dey eye u teytey sha
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by ISBLIAC(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2013
kaykay123:

rotlmfao
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by lawrenceunaa: 5:12pm On May 16, 2013
cheap ibo gal,bride price proves that ,the gals leaves her maiden name & ans urs. So giving out ur daughter's hand in marriage for #20 shows how cheap & unlearned she might be.

Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by vascey(m): 5:16pm On May 16, 2013

Yes your story is a very ridiculous fabrication.
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by gozie143(m): 5:17pm On May 16, 2013
Lilimax:
Pure lie. Anambra's bride price is not expensive. Get your facts right.
It is the Imo people that theirs is on the high side I think?

please can someone confirm if this girl is married yet grin, am in love smiley
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by BarryX(m): 5:23pm On May 16, 2013
nedu2000: so if. I want to marry a short fat gal with tummy,its her family that'll pay me grin
Of course they should pay you, But you should have strong negotiating skills to scale through or cheating is very possible
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by vascey(m): 5:30pm On May 16, 2013
babe4chi: U guyz re jus screamin IMO state!!! Its nt evry people in imo dat charges high... Where I cum frm,its nt high...

Sharp sharp disclaimer!! grin
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by vascey(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2013
30DB4FA6: My nairalanders am a proud imo dude here am not married buh I want my wife bride price to b expensive dats where u wud value ur wife if una no get money to marry den stay shingle or u go idimu village near ikotun egbe go carry 1 mbeke Yoruba gurl for fwee cheesy d ones way keep face like WTF cheesy dey are d best becos winch no fit attark u for night b/cos if winch see her face dem go shawt WTF demon no dey attark demon and dey can't cheat on u cheesy I love my imo babes. IBO KWENU grin

Dude you funny die!!
"grin ones wey keep face like WTF"--> that has to be the meanest baddest line I ever heard. I almost fell off my sit laughing.
WTF!!!
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Evestar200(f): 6:20pm On May 16, 2013
ISBLIAC:
come here make we talk.......you know say i don dey eye u teytey sha
really?
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 16, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Ole nga owu na Mbaise?
ebe nke bishop nwuru anwu.(Bishop chikwe)
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 16, 2013
powerblaze:

Your stupidity is contagious.. Learn to read.. Dont let your guilt ridden conscience cloud your deluded thinking.. I've dated my girl for six years n I'm yet to touch her.. We all ain't like ur bf.. And that's not even the point I was trying to make.. Ediot
guilt? Lol.there's no way u gonna get me to start talking about myself now,not here. But mr do good.let me ask u.if u haven't touched ur girl in six years,I guess I am allowed to assume that you've been celibate for six years,right?
Or u r cheating outside and reserving her for the D day?lmao.u backward dudes have a way of tickling me.
And bro six years is a long time.
In Mish voice
#GoAndMarry#
Re: The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? by bokohalal(m): 10:00pm On May 16, 2013
Twenty five naira in Edoland(Binis) and both families spend to carry out the marriage ceremony.
You could put down one million naira but the bride's family representative will take out only twenty five naira. If you do not have change they will look for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings / Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) / Drama At Ooni’s Palace: Wives, Children Barred From Ooni’s Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.