Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv (1676 Views)

Uebert Angel Buys Lamborghini For His Wife For Valentine (Photos) / Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land! / Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by elizabetta(f): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
A man discovered that his wife has HIV and he don't have,he is a Christian and he is not suppose to divorce his wife and he is not suppose to commit adultery.what should he do?from a Christian view
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by huxley(m): 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2008
This is a very naive question, but I think I get the gist. Allow me to re-phrase like this and see which side you fall one:

Should one break a relationship ( with spouse, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc) on grounds of illness?

Answering this question should throw more light on your specific question. Never mind the fact that one is (or not) a Christian.

How's that?
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2008
There's this thing called "for better or for worse"

Should it broken because of illness, absolutely not. There's medical ways that can keep the man from getting HIV and allow them to have HIV free children.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by huxley(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
~Lady~:

There's this thing called "for better or for worse"

Should it broken because of illness, absolutely not. There's medical ways that can keep the man from getting HIV and allow them to have HIV free children.

I agree with the general sentiment, but just want to pick up on the "for better or for worse" comment. While I know that this is another subject, what if one partner was physically, mentally abusive and untrustworthy? Should they carry on in the relationship, no matter what "for better or for worse"?
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
While I know that this is another subject, what if one partner was physically, mentally abusive and untrustworthy?

Have you heard of adultey? that is untrustworty, that is a way out. Murder or attempt of murder is a way out. A way out is if sin is or is to be committed.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by huxley(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2008
~Lady~:

Have you heard of adultey? that is untrustworty, that is a way out. Murder or attempt of murder is a way out. A way out is if sin is or is to be committed.

Would you stay in a marriage if your partner was physically abusive to you? That is not adultery. But you have to stay for "better or worse" in the Christian notion of marriage, haven't you?
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2008
I think you missed this part

way out is if sin is or is to be committed.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by huxley(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2008
~Lady~:

I think you missed this part

You are right, I missed it. It would be nice if the pledge of marriage were changed to:

, for better or worse till death or SIN do us part.

smiley
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2008
, for better or worse till death or SIN do us part.

oh I'm sorry I thought you were looking for a christian view. Sin is wrong. I believe you're an atheist, even if you are not judged by your "sin," you are at least judged by your "conscience."
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2008
elizabetta:

A man discovered that his wife has HIV and he don't have,he is a Christian and he is not suppose to divorce his wife and he is not suppose to commit adultery.what should he do?from a Christian view

These kinds of cases, if well studied, might actually lead to the discovery of a cure for HIV. Is it that the husband is somehow resistant to the virus?
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by TCUBE(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2008
find out how the qwife got the disease, duh! lipsrsealed
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by elizabetta(f): 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2008
[quote][/quote]from huxley on 22-04-08 at 04:49:07pm.
This is a very naive question,but i get the gist.

What is naive about this question?this man got married and by then both of them were not with this virus,after years of marriage he found out that his wife has this deadly virus and he found out that he doesn't have.Now this man has been making love to his wife when he has not found out, but now that he knows, he is afraid of making love to her not even with comdon,that means he has stop making love for sometime now and also he cant commit adultery because he is a Christian and also cant divorce his wife,.Now put yourself in this man shoes,how can he cope?
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by MCUsman(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2008
The man should get married. This solution has been there since time immorial. But western influence and ideology has taken over our way of thinking
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2008
The man should get married. This solution has been there since time immorial. But western influence and ideology has taken over our way of thinking

Ofcourse na, women are cars. When this one doesn't work for u, chuck it and get another one. Rubbish.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by MCUsman(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2008
~Lady~:

Ofcourse na, women are cars. When this one doesn't work for u, chuck it and get another one. Rubbish.

Miss Lady, kindly put your self in this senario and honestly tell me what you will do. wink wink wink wink

You are still Young

You have a strong sexual drive

You have a strong dersire to bear children

You are HIV Negative

Your husband is HIV positive
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2008
Miss Lady, kindly put your self in this senario and honestly tell me what you will do.

You are still Young

You have a strong sexual drive

You have a strong dersire to bear children

You are HIV Negative

Your husband is HIV positive

I will seek God's face and love him anyway. I don't see why I should betray him and the sanctity of marriage that we built. I don't see why I have to beat down on someone when they need me the most. I don't see why I should cause him depression as if finding out he's HIV positive isn't depressing enough. If you think sex is all there is to a marriage, you are msitaken.

Besides the first three are who I am right now, does that mean that I should commit fornication.
Dude if it is God's will in my life, then so be it.

I think you're the one who asked me a question about marrying the only good man in my village or something like that. I believe I told you to take that to your desperate muuuslim sisters. I am not desperate.

If it is not meant for me to marry, I WON'T COMMIT SUICIDE.
If my husband has HIV, I won't commit adultery

Seriously is that what you think? That human beings are disposable?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by mnwankwo(m): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2008
@Lady F

Your answers to the questions on what you will do if your husband is HIV positive is in my opinion the best contribution you have made on this religious forum. You demonstrated that you have a correct understanding of what love, marriage is meant to be in the sense of the laws of God. Keep it up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by MCUsman(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2008
~Lady~:

If you think sex is all there is to a marriage, you are msitaken.

If it is not meant for me to marry, I WON'T COMMIT SUICIDE.
If my husband has HIV, I won't commit adultery

Lets be specific Lady Jane. Kindly choose from among the following what you meant by your post above.

a. I will stay with him for the rest of my life despite his status. (i.e without having sex with and without commiting adultery)

b. I will get infected too by having sex with him, then bear healthy children with the use of drugs available.

c. I will stay with him, not having sex but occationally play around

d. We will seek mutual divorce, and start a fresh

e. I will stay with him for a specific period with the hope that a drug will be available to cure the virus.

Please Lady Jane, your anser must be from among the above.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2008
Lets be specific Lady Jane. Kindly choose from among the following what you meant by your post above.

a. I will stay with him for the rest of my life despite his status. (i.e without having sex with and without commiting adultery)

b. I will get infected too by having sex with him, then bear healthy children with the use of drugs available.

c. I will stay with him, not having sex but occationally play around

d. We will seek mutual divorce, and start a fresh

e. I will stay with him for a specific period with the hope that a drug will be available to cure the virus.

Please Lady Jane, your anser must be from among the above.

First of all, there are married couples that have sex when the other one has HIV. There are HIV infected women that have given birth to children without the virus while they had the virus. There's something called medicine. There re medical advances that help.

So when you add this to the list:

f. You will stay with your husband and have sex with him and not contract the disease because of the advanced mdeications he receives, I will choose it.

But since I HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM THE ABOVE, I will choose A. Like I said marriage isn't all about sex. There are impotent men out there and their wives still stay. Besides he has a finger and a mouth, don't be shocked at this response.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by elizabetta(f): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2008
~Lady~:

First of all, there are married couples that have sex when the other one has HIV. There are HIV infected women that have given birth to children without the virus while they had the virus. There's something called medicine. There re medical advances that help.

So when you add this to the list:

f. You will stay with your husband and have sex with him and not contract the disease because of the advanced mdeications he receives, I will choose it.

But since I HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM THE ABOVE, I will choose A. Like I said marriage isn't all about sex. There are impotent men out there and their wives still stay. Besides he has a finger and a mouth, don't be shocked at this response.

You mean there is advaced medication to protect the partner that doest have HIV?because this story is base on true life story and the couples are presenting outside Nigeria.The wife with the virus has started taken drugs but the doctor told the man to stop making love to his wife except with a condom.so please i will want u to explain better.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2008
You mean there is advaced medication to protect the partner that doest have HIV?because this story is base on true life story and the couples are presenting outside Nigeria.The wife with the virus has started taken drugs but the doctor told the man to stop making love to his wife except with a condom.so please i will want u to explain better.

Yes there are. I will have to do more research for you, but there are women having babies that don't have HIV.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by MCUsman(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2008
elizabetta:

Several studies have identified people who repeatedly expose themselves to HIV but remain uninfected, suggesting that something is stopping the virus. A small percentage of people who do become infected never seem to suffer any harm, and others hold the virus at bay for a decade or more before showing damage to their immune systems. Scientists also have found that some rare antibodies do work powerfully against the virus in test tube experiments.

An effective AIDS vaccine, which potentially could thwart millions of new HIV infections each year, remains a distant dream.
That means, as one AIDS vaccine researcher famously put it more than a decade ago, the field is "flying without a compass."
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2008
Several studies have identified people who repeatedly expose themselves to HIV but remain uninfected, suggesting that something is stopping the virus. A small percentage of people who do become infected never seem to suffer any harm, and others hold the virus at bay for a decade or more before showing damage to their immune systems. Scientists also have found that some rare antibodies do work powerfully against the virus in test tube experiments.

An effective AIDS vaccine, which potentially could thwart millions of new HIV infections each year, remains a distant dream.
That means, as one AIDS vaccine researcher famously put it more than a decade ago, the field is "flying without a compass."

So with this knowledge that you have. You will still opt for kicking your wife when she's down by marrying another.
What a lame and selfish excuse.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by MCUsman(m): 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2008
I don't see my self taking such risk. because the reserach indicate that few people exhibit resistance despite repetited exposure. How do i know i belong to the group of the few.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by elizabetta(f): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2008
MC Usman:

@MC Usman
Does that means that this man antibodies was strong against the virus that was why he was not infected?And please does that means that if he continue making love to his wife he wont be infected?

@Lady
Please am still waiting for  what you have found out so i can be able to educate them
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by MCUsman(m): 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2008
elizabetta:

@MC Usman
Does that means that this man antibodies was strong against the virus that was why he was not infected?And please does that means that if he continue making love to his wife he wont be infected?

It is one of those issolated events that can not be emphically explained by sceinece. However, the researchers are optimistic that studing these rather unusal traits can lead to a braek through in finding a vaccine for the virus.

elizabetta:

@MC Usman

@Lady
Please am still waiting for what you have found out so i can be able to educate them

By the way elizabetta why the sudden interest on you know the virus, antibodies infection blah! blah !! blah !!!
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Lady2(f): 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2008
I don't see my self taking such risk. because the reserach indicate that few people exhibit resistance despite repetited exposure. How do i know i belong to the group of the few

There are medicinal ways to help.

@Lady
Please am still waiting for what you have found out so i can be able to educate them

I will do my best
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by OgaMadam(f): 4:33pm On May 01, 2008
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv
« #21 on: April 29, 2008, 04:10 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elizabetta on April 28, 2008, 02:07 PM

MC Usman.

IT IS NOT A DISTANT DREAM NO MORE. JUST TODAY, THIS VERY DAY THERES BEEN A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH ON THE NEWS, THAT SHOWS THAT A VACCINE IS CLOSER THAN EVER. IT GOES ALONG THE LINES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEVELOPED A RESISTANCE (FOR SOME NATURAL REASON - OR GOOD GENES), WHEN THEY PASS ON THEY VIRUS TO SOMEBODY, THE PERSON WHO GETS IT HAS A LOW CHANCE OR MUCH LATER TIME OF DEVELOPING THE VIRUS.

SO THE VACCINE MAY OPERATE ON THAT BASIS - E.G. LIKE PASSING ON A WEAKER STRAIN OR NO STRAIN, PROBABLY THROUGH MEDICATION.

UNTIL THEN THEY WARN THOUGH, KEEP TAKING ARVS, USE CONDOMS, BE FAITHFUL OR THE BEST ABSTAIN.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by elizabetta(f): 3:15pm On May 02, 2008
OgaMadam:

Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv
« #21 on: April 29, 2008, 04:10 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elizabetta on April 28, 2008, 02:07 PM

MC Usman.

IT IS NOT A DISTANT DREAM NO MORE. JUST TODAY, THIS VERY DAY THERES BEEN A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH ON THE NEWS, THAT SHOWS THAT A VACCINE IS CLOSER THAN EVER. IT GOES ALONG THE LINES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEVELOPED A RESISTANCE (FOR SOME NATURAL REASON - OR GOOD GENES), WHEN THEY PASS ON THEY VIRUS TO SOMEBODY, THE PERSON WHO GETS IT HAS A LOW CHANCE OR MUCH LATER TIME OF DEVELOPING THE VIRUS.

SO THE VACCINE MAY OPERATE ON THAT BASIS - E.G. LIKE PASSING ON A WEAKER STRAIN OR NO STRAIN, PROBABLY THROUGH MEDICATION.

UNTIL THEN THEY WARN THOUGH, KEEP TAKING ARVS, USE CONDOMS, BE FAITHFUL OR THE BEST ABSTAIN.

Nice one thanks alot.
Re: A Man Discovered That His Wife Has Hiv by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 02, 2008
What if your husband was Diabetic or had Hepatitis B?? These are more terminal and dangerous illness than HIV AIDS?? Will you still want to divorce him? People just make a big deal out of HIV AIDS because it is directly related to immorality and a reckless way of life.

Anyway, to answer the poster’s question, the church only allows Divorce if there’s a proof of Adultery. If not, HIV AIDS or not, Divorce is not allowed. For better for worse remember.

(1) (Reply)

Israel Admits To Sterilizing African Jews To Prevent Births / Every Lady Wants A God-fearing Man; What Then Happens To The Atheists? / What Is Existentialism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.