Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? (10602 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere / Whos Are Ugliest Female Politicians, Post Their Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by AbuMikey(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2013
Is them that know whatever they wanna do with hit__
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by hrhobi1(m): 11:42am On May 16, 2013
I know a former NTA MD who became a billionaire after just about 4 years with NTA

2 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by goldfish80(m): 11:44am On May 16, 2013
I remember sometime in 2006, I went for a programme @Nta Enugu,I saw them studio engineers behind camera,using duck tapes to put together a piece of broken microphone. The presenter(can't remember her nam) looked at me and smiled.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Gwekzy: 11:46am On May 16, 2013
Their Tune makes me sick
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by aburo7: 11:51am On May 16, 2013
NTA has one of the best equipments in Africa and yet their broadcast quality is still very poor.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Brite02(m): 12:00pm On May 16, 2013
@Op. Good thread. I have always wondered why this same tune have been used all over this years.. Its so so annoying, no improvement. I guess when 2015 comes when every home must connect via digital receiver in order to view, listen to their favourite programmes they(nta) will be forced to change. I never enjoyed watching their programmes except for their news on NEWSLINE when Abike Dabiri was at then the presenter. Other than that i never really enjoyed watching Nta programmes poor and unattractive picture qualit and programmes
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Zinosalexander(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2013
*imitating NTA* color color color. . . .what is your favourite color? Wel, we took to the street to ask people what is their favourite color. . . .*that was the last time i watched NTA in 1993*
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by mu2sa2: 12:43pm On May 16, 2013
Rather than condemn, pls pray for NTA. Your creed is immaterial- idol worshippers can call their idols for NTA to be healed in the name of sango, amadioha etc. lols.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by fpeter(f): 12:47pm On May 16, 2013
Rossikk: There is an ongoing nationwide digitalization programme to cover all broadcasting, and this is due for launching in 2014 or so. The infrastructural work has been ongoing for about three years now. When its done, ALL our channels WILL be 'like CNN'. Right now we use the old analogue systems in broadcasting which accounts for the low quality nature of the feeds across all stations including the so-called 'good' ones like Channels TV.

Are you a staff of NBC or NTA?
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by fpeter(f): 12:51pm On May 16, 2013
troy20: sneer all you want at it but mediocrity can have the loftiest of ambitions.it just an example of threshold on which the country is being run generaly.mediocrity always has alot 2 prove (if u let it), while you glide in d contentment of simply having intellect.i'v neva seen any wer where things so poor, so low force dia ways unto positions and they rule.wat a CUNTry

What have you said so far? undecided
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2013
Pls what about cyril stobber?.........
Is that guy still casting news for NTA
Cuz I can't remember when last I watch NTA

NTA the largest TV network in africa
Very annoying
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2013
...and I wonder what men like Cyril Stober is looking for in NTA after several years of service. This man was a senior to my dad at school back then in Minna.. meanwhile, my dad retired some years back after 35yrs of service.

Imagine using the techniques, methods and solutions of 1975 in 2013!
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Acidosis(m): 1:01pm On May 16, 2013
Abbey2sam: Pls what about cyril stobber?.........
Is that guy still casting news for NTA
Cuz I can't remember when last I watch NTA

NTA the largest TV network in africa
Very annoying

Yes oo
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Brotherman(m): 1:12pm On May 16, 2013
NTA almost all there staffs are 40 and above;there presnters are not fashionable;no young people presenters; the only programe i usually watch far back is news line sundays with FRANK OLISE presenting; i dont know if the programe is still going on now
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by ashile(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2013
I-B.:

Yes the best from federal character
But used federal character to select the best from each tribe.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by mintyx(m): 1:14pm On May 16, 2013
What i hate most is seeing all ds old folks that started reading news before i was born like Cyril Stober, etc on screen every 9pm. For dencency sake, those guys should be doing more of directing and producing and leave the news part for the young and upcoming brodcasters!

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 16, 2013
what of the sound quality ? it is even worse than the picture quality.

Corruption destroys everything in a country
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by ashile(m): 1:30pm On May 16, 2013
Nta na wah
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by troy20(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2013
fpeter:

What have you said so far? undecided
i talk say eh, something and ppl wey no good, wey no reach, wey no get levels na dem de always struggle pass 2 prove point. Na dem de hustle 4 power and authority pass just as d kind ppl wey de your govment and institutions and dem de get am because people wey sabi de let them especialy 4 dis country.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Reference(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2013
I don't know of anything that involves creativity and enterprise anywhere in the world where goverment betters the private sector. Broadcast and the media is no exception. The BBC's travails are well documented, VOA is really poor and many more national/government media outfits all over the world.

The NTA however takes mediocrity to another level. From aged, ugly, misshapen anchors led by the mafia chief, Stober himself to poor, poor, poor production quality and an absolute lack of creativity at all levels. The place cries out for reform.

And though I can understand the need for federal character in a multi-religious, multi-ethnic society such as ours, I think NTA takes it way too far. The media of the 21st century is a business-centric one. The garbs and gestures are just unnecessary distractions and go a long way in trivializing the business of information, education and entertainment.

There isn't much need in portraying ethnic and religious diversity on national TV to that degree. We know who we are and will rather appreciate what unites us rather than what diffrentiates us.

You wouldn't see a Scotsman wearing a kilt on the BBC to prove anything.

I just think when they get their priorities right there may be hope. Its not all doom however. The quality of spoken english and the depth of knowledge of conventional matters still surpasses most private TV outfits.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by gbame(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2013
Jamey Maxwell: Me sef don tyre oooh. When will nta be like cnn or bbc?

or even SABC?

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by chievo: 2:40pm On May 16, 2013
.....Hav u tried watching a futball match coverd Nta? u go fear covrage na..d camera man wl 4get d cmera @ 1 end of d pitch while d match is goin on on d oda end....
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by chievo: 2:40pm On May 16, 2013
.....Hav u tried watching a futball match coverd Nta? u go fear covrage na..d camera man wl 4get d cmera @ 1 end of d pitch while d match is goin on @ d oda end....
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by vinderbilt: 2:59pm On May 16, 2013
It has taken way too long, but I think with time NTA will change. I know a few insiders that have confirmed this wink But as with any Nigerian government project, we have to see it from start to finish to believe it. And, yh, their logo is crap angry who the heck designed it in the first place

But serioulsy, they need to buckle up before the Internet and other innovations like the TV site I am working on http://9flix.com render them irrelevant. Trust me, it's happening already cool
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Benspoon(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe: When will they ever change that silly news theme I grew up hearing every night?
even when ur asleep u can still recognise the sound.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 16, 2013
That NTA needs to be saved from the stone-age settings and activities.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 16, 2013
mu2sa2: Rather than condemn, pls pray for NTA. Your creed is immaterial- idol worshippers can call their idols for NTA to be healed in the name of sango, amadioha etc. lols.

guy this NTA and Nigeria Govt wahala dey beyond prayer

if you like go mountain for 365days YOU ARE SURELY ON YOUR OWN
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by ucnduka(f): 6:29pm On May 16, 2013
Like seriously NTA is just TV for the very old...like really old. The situation is so pathetic that even programmes like a.m express,newsline that were so interesting at a time are just crappy now.

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On May 16, 2013
chievo: .....Hav u tried watching a futball match coverd Nta? u go fear covrage na..d camera man wl 4get d cmera @ 1 end of d pitch while d match is goin on on d oda end....
lmao grin grin grin
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by MistadeRegal(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2013
All of the above and coming ones below! cheesy
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by owobokiri(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2013
They always manage to recycle one babaringa wearing bimbo as the DG of NTA. Nepotism killed the NTA. That station is an eyesore. The same faces, the same jingles , the same programming. Is it a crime to see some young news readers on that station? Abike Dabiri would still be doing the Sunday news if she didn't resign. Atrocious productions. North Korean Tv stations look more chic yet they were supposed to be living in pluto

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by owobokiri(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2013
"Lets go to our Benin studio for more news".. Hello Susan..... You are there waiting for lots of news from Benin but the newscaster "hands over" to Abuja after just ONE news item!!! WTF?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Public Announcement: Anambra State Govt Upholds July 1st Motorcycles Ban / Secondus And The Unceremonious Ousting Of PDP Chairmen / Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.