Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals (12261 Views)

Kelly Rowland Release A Video For Her Controversial Song-dirty Laundry / Kelly Rowland Ft Tuface Idibia / Kelly Rowland Is Set To Duet With Nigerian Singer And Songwriter D'banj. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 6:11am On May 16, 2013
Kelly Rowland Admits She Was Jealous of Beyoncé In Angry New Song

Who could blame her? Kelly Rowland admits some intense, relatable truths about working alongside Beyonce in Destiny's Child in her new song, "Dirty Laundry."

In the piano ballad track, Rowland, 32, sings about overcoming feelings of jealousy towards her BFF Beyonce, 31, for her tremendous solo success following the girl group's split in 2006.

"When my sister was on stage/killing it like a motherf--ker/I was in rage/feeling it like a motherf--ker," she sings in the song, which premiered on her SoundCloud page. "Bird in a cafe/You'd never know what I was dealing with/Went our separate ways but I was happy she was killin' it/Bittersweet, she was up, I was down/No lie, I feel good for her but what do I do now?"

The lyrics continue, "I was going through some bulls---/Post-Survivor, she on fire/Who wanna hear my bulls---."
Making matters worse, Rowland also confesses in the song that she was in an abusive relationship at the same time she was dealing with her envy.

"Meanwhile this n--- putting his hand on me/Saying you don't know the half of this industry," she sings.

In a later part of the song, she adds, "I was battered/He hitting the window like it was me, until it shattered/He pulled me out and said, 'Don't nobody love you but me/Not your mama, not your daddy, and especially not Bey."

Although the song hints at a rough patch for Rowland and Beyonce today, today, the "Dilemma" singer is belting out a different tune.

Since reuniting with Beyonce and fellow Destiny's Child member Michelle Williams during the triumphant Super Bowl Halftime Show in February, the three women are closer than ever, she says.

In fact, on Wednesday, May 15, Rowland talked to Us Weekly about her pal, offering the "Love On Top" singer support following the news that she had to cancel her May 14 show in Belgium due to exhaustion and dehydration.

"When you're on stage, you definitely work hard," she explained Us. "Sometimes you forget how much it takes out of you and you think you can keep going. I think it's important to pace yourself. And she works so hard to put on a great show."

"Dirty Laundry" is off Rowland's upcoming album, Talk a Good Game, which hits stores June 18.

SOURCE
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by EatmyShorts: 6:23am On May 16, 2013
All is well. Is Kelly Rowland related to Rkelly?

3 Likes

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by goldfish80(m): 6:54am On May 16, 2013
EatmyShorts: All is well. Is Kelly Rowland related to Rkelly?
Lol
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Osyxcel(m): 6:55am On May 16, 2013
I feel her pain, but then, that is LIFE, we can't all operate at the same level in this life....

Kelly, just do Ur thing.

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by micki83(m): 6:57am On May 16, 2013
Wow.it truly must hav bin difficult,watching someone u started with (and who was apparently more promoted than u were) rise to unimaginable heights of glory and fame.
Thank God she got over d feelings of resentment sha. Don't worry kelly;not being as big a star as beyonce doesn't make u an under-achieved artiste (cos,let's face it,who really is as big a star as beyonce?)
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 7:02am On May 16, 2013
micki83: Wow.it truly must hav bin difficult,watching someone u started with (and who was apparently more promoted than u were) rise to unimaginable heights of glory and fame.
Thank God she got over d feelings of resentment sha. Don't worry kelly;not being as big a star as beyonce doesn't make u an under-achieved artiste (cos,let's face it,who really is as big a star as beyonce?)

[size=13pt]Right? I read the story earlier and was feeling for her somehow. They split and then Beyoncé released her debut album, which is still her best selling and most successful album. Kelly experienced that "backup singer" shame. The lead singer took off and people tend to forget that she was 1/3 (and 1/4) of a group of other very talented women. And her being abused didn't make things any easier. I'm glad she got over it too. She's too beautiful and strong to be bogged down by such for too long.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by martyns303(m): 7:46am On May 16, 2013
I prefer kelly, and o! She's hotter than the rest of the crew.

6 Likes

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by obowunmi(m): 9:08am On May 16, 2013
I've met her in person. She's more pretty than Beyonce.

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by slimyem: 9:31am On May 16, 2013
Whatever she went through is just normal. those feelings of "why couldn't it be me"
Glad they both can get past it. Kelly is a remarkable artiste as well.smiley

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by slimyem: 9:33am On May 16, 2013
obowunmi: I've met her in person. She's more pretty than Beyonce.

what happened to "prettier"? tongue

11 Likes

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by micki83(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Right? I read the story earlier and was feeling for her somehow. They split and then Beyoncé released her debut album, which is still her best selling and most successful album. Kelly experienced that "backup singer" shame. The lead singer took off and people tend to forget that she was 1/3 (and 1/4) of a group of other very talented women. And her being abused didn't make things any easier. I'm glad she got over it too. She's too beautiful and strong to be bogged down by such for too long.[/size]
Lol@ "back-up singer shame"...I must confess,I didn't really care too much for kelly wen she went solo,but recently,she's really grown into a strong,confident singer/performer (even if she's blatantly taking d "sex sells route"-but then again,who isn't?).d sex-appeal is working for her;at least I know that's PART of what's drawing my attention to her.
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 11:37am On May 16, 2013
micki83:
Lol@ "back-up singer shame"...I must confess,I didn't really care too much for kelly wen she went solo,but recently,she's really grown into a strong,confident singer/performer (even if she's blatantly taking d "sex sells route"-but then again,who isn't?).d sex-appeal is working for her;at least I know that's PART of what's drawing my attention to her.
I don't think she can compete with Beyonce talent wise. Hence her jealousy. cool
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Niiade(m): 11:45am On May 16, 2013
obowunmi: I 've met her in person. She's more pretty than Beyonce.

slimyem: what happened to "prettier"? tongue

what happened to I MET her grin

2 Likes

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by andrewozed: 1:12pm On May 16, 2013
Kelly R. Should shut up jare! If she that is still successful could say this, what should Black face say? undecided
Qjust saying

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2013
something no concern us ...i need to declare state of emergency on dis server
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2013
why is bync legs looking like matches stick
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 16, 2013
And this trash made the front page? Smh undecided
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by spoofproof: 1:20pm On May 16, 2013
Niiade:

leave the poor guy alone
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by spoofproof: 1:21pm On May 16, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: why is bync legs looking like matches stick

i was thinking the same.
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by adexsimply(m): 1:21pm On May 16, 2013
Niiade:

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by adexsimply(m): 1:23pm On May 16, 2013
slimyem: what happened to "prettier"? tongue
he is not really wrong.. you knw?

2 Likes

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Afam4eva(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2013
I still prefer my Kelly anytime anyday. Beyoncee has nothing on her.
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by micki83(m): 1:39pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=Brand_new]
I don't think she can compete with Beyonce talent wise. Hence her jealousy. cool[/quot
True,she can't compete with beyonce,talent-wise(but,really,who can?),however,she's holding her own right now in d industry.plus,I don't think "jealousy" is d right word.she must hav had feelings of resentment,which is only natural,and her self-esteem must hav suffered wen her "mate" achieved near-goddess status,while she was being described as mediocre,at best.

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by fuckluv(f): 1:41pm On May 16, 2013
Eyah cry Kelly i feel ur pain but you still got ur fans. smiley

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by seedord247(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2013
obowunmi: I've met her in person. She's more pretty than Beyonce.

How much did she give you when you met her? undecided
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 16, 2013
She should've kept that to herself; the whole world doesn't need to know that. She's just trying to stay relevant. Controversy sells.

1 Like

Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 16, 2013
Yield: She should've kept that to herself; the whole world doesn't need to know that. She's just trying to stay relevant. Controversy sells.

agreed!
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by onyengbu: 2:00pm On May 16, 2013
Niiade:

What happened to 'I Met Her'. cheesy
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by iamswizz(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2013
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by IdeeEsperanza(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2013
I've always tripped for Kelly.
Re: Kelly Rowland Was Jealous Of Beyoncé , 'Dirty Laundry ' Reveals by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 16, 2013
martyns303: I prefer kelly, and o! She's hotter than the rest of the crew.
Eww. Yuck. Kelly is anything but sexy. That woman cannot turn me on. Maybe it's just me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terry G - Nacking Akpako In The Plane [viral Video] / Flavour - Big Baller (Official Video) / Best Top 10 Rappers From Northern(Arewa), Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.