Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (6968 Views)

Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / Help: Nissan Primera P11-144 Loss of Power When Climbing Hill / Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by SpaceAngel: 9:11am On May 16, 2013
Re: . by SpaceAngel: 11:00am On May 16, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: . by Nobody: 11:24am On May 16, 2013
SpaceAngel: My nissan maxima 2000 model does not last more than 2 month. Atimes if i press my throttle very hard to accelerate, the MAF will just fail.
What could be the reason for this?.

have you checked if the engine light is on?
If it isn't on then the maf just needs cleaning smiley
a very common cause of MAF failure is dirt passing through the air filter. Cleaning the MAF can be a very simple, inexpensive fix to attempt. The MAF is mounted on the air cleaner. It connects to the vehicle computer with a wiring harness. Unbolt the MAF and disconnect the wiring to remove the MAF housing. Next, gently remove the screws on top and gently pull the MAF sensor out. If the two filaments revealed inside the MAF are dirty or dark in color, clean carefully with a cotton swab. An electrical contact cleaner also works very well. After cleaning, allow to air dry before reassembling. Also visually inspect the wiring harness for loose or dirty connectors or bad wires.

But if the engine light is on a parts store can read the computer code with a code scanner or even sell you a code scanner. An auto repair shop can also check the codes fairly easily. But if the check engine light is not on and you suspect MAF failure, try the cleaning first. After cleaning, if engine performance increases or the check engine light goes off, then a dirty MAF was likely the problem. If, however, it does not eliminate the problem, a mechanic can perform more in-depth tests. If the MAF is indeed broken, then it is much easier and cheaper to simply replace the sensor then repair it
Re: . by SpaceAngel: 11:31am On May 16, 2013
thanks for the reply.

The MAF is already gone. My issue is what makes it fails,it is only when i press down the throttle very hard, like when i want to overtake. If i drive smoothly the MAF never goes bad. Normally the CEL is on. This issue is recurrent and I change the MAF each time.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 17, 2013
SpaceAngel: thanks for the reply.

The MAF is already gone. My issue is what makes it fails,it is only when i press down the throttle very hard, like when i want to overtake. If i drive smoothly the MAF never goes bad. Normally the CEL is on. This issue is recurrent and I change the MAF each time.

Why should the SES remain constantly on? Could it just be that you have not installed a good MAF? Were the MAFs new or tokunbo?
Re: . by SpaceAngel: 10:26pm On May 17, 2013
The CEL will come on because the MAF went bad. I only install new OEM MAF. I just need some input on what makes the MAF go bad when I accelerate very hard. I have replaced the MAF but I don't want it going bad soon
Re: . by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 18, 2013
SpaceAngel: The CEL will come on because the MAF went bad. I only install new OEM MAF. I just need some input on what makes the MAF go bad when I accelerate very hard. I have replaced the MAF but I don't want it going bad soon
Good. But I'm still curious. I'm happy that you use oem MAF; would you mind letting us know the part number of the MAFs you have used. I just want us to remove all uncertainty in the process of finding a resolution. I believe your Max is 3.0litre?
Btw, what error code(s) do you pull?
Re: . by SpaceAngel: 7:59pm On May 18, 2013
part number is 22680-2Y001. Cannot remember the exact code but it is always one code about MAF failure. Once the MAF is replaced, it clears. The car is a 2000 model, 3L, v6,GXE. I actually want to find out why because it will be scary if I experience such on the 010 model.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 18, 2013
SpaceAngel: part number is 22680-2Y001. Cannot remember the exact code but it is always one code about MAF failure. Once the MAF is replaced, it clears. The car is a 2000 model, 3L, v6,GXE
The original part number for your car is 22680-AD200 or 22680-AD201. Usually very expensive.But Nissan also has a generic version, not so expensive: this is 22680-2Y001. So you're on the right path. One more thing: when installing the MAF ensure that your battery is disconnected for no less than 15 mins. Look over your air filter too to ensure that it's not oily or dirty. Hope too that your connectors/harness to the maf are not damaged? Let's have the error code should the SES light come on again.
Re: . by SpaceAngel: 2:15am On May 19, 2013
thanks, will disconnect battery next time. I always change the air filter each time I change the MAF.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:27am On May 19, 2013
SpaceAngel: thanks, will disconnect battery next time. I always change the air filter each time I change the MAF.
Nice. We are trying to limit the error margins as possibly can.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
SpaceAngel, how did you resolve this issue?
Re: . by SpaceAngel: 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
It has not repeated again after replacement, but now jerks at 40mph without codes
Re: . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
SpaceAngel: It has not repeated again after replacement, but now jerks at 40mph without codes
I have a TSB you might find useful. You may send your email address to 08023018285.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Matrix / Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? / I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.