Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

MTN Charged Me For Opting Out! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MTN Charged Me For Opting Out! (1005 Views)

An ATM Machine Charged Me 65naira For Widrawing 1k / Two Nigerian Pastors Charged Over Gay SEX :-\ / British Born Nigerian Amongst Nine Charged With Stabbing At Olympic Venue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN Charged Me For Opting Out! by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 16, 2013
Hello Guys,

I want to confirm if this is happening to me alone. I have been getting numerous messages from MTN asking me to register for caller tunes and this afternoon, I got another message as stated below;

"Thrill Ur callers this month with hit tuna by top rising act Clay!! For ZOPUTAM, txt 028982 to 4100. For LEMANYA, txt 028981 to 4100. Txt STOP to 33111 to OptOut"

Without hesitation, I sent the message cos I dont want such messages... and immediately, I got a confirmation that N50 has been deducted from my account for opting out.

"Total cost of last SMS sent was 50.00 and new account balance is ###.## SMS EOCN OFF to 131 to Opt-Out of this message"

and immediately, I got another SMS as thus;

"You will be removed from our campaign database within 24 hours. Thank you"

I need to confirm... are you guys being charged for opting out from their adverts?

Rgds

(1) (Reply)

nairalanders customizing 2014. / Just Before You Buy That Bleaching Cream: Is It Really Worth It? / Rules Of Football When We Were Kids In Yorubaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.