Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! - Autos (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (144677 Views)

Tokunbo Auction Cars For Sale / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars / Auction Cars From Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by goodlife5659(m): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
IF YOU SCAM A WHITE MAN, PERSONALY I DON'T CARE. BUT WHY SCAM YOUR FELLOW COUNTRY MAN WHO WORKS REALLY HARD FOR HIS MONEY? EVEN CUSTOMS THEM SELFS ARE TTHIEVES. YOU SEIZE AN IMPORTED CAR FROM A NIGERIAN AND THEM SELL IT OUT TO ANOTHER NIGERIAN FOR A LOWER COST, MAKE GAIN FROM ANOTHER MANS SWEAT, SHARE THE MONEY AMONG YOURSELFS IN YOUR OFFICE AND BACK YOURSELFS UP WITH THE LAW.TTHIEVES, LEGAL SCAMMERS.

~sarcasticallysakazim
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by baggz: 9:48am On Jun 24, 2015
Customs do sell cars that they seize from borders to Nigerians at a lower price.
http://chinnko.com/index.php?u=/topic/483/first-batch-of-methanol-fueled-taxis-put-into-operation-in-s-w-china

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by inspivate: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Inspired m you are a criminal! Someone will get you real soon.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Holiyo(m): 8:09am On Nov 05, 2015
I recently saw this online though i've not tried it but i almost do //Recently listed Used Cars at NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUCTION CARS CALL MIKE ADEYEMI ON +17755575508 OR 0092348032942976 OR 08032942976.Recently listed Used Cars at NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUCTION CARS CALL MIKE ADEYEMI ON +17755575508 OR 0092348032942976 OR 08032942976.Recently listed Used Cars at NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUCTION CARS CALL MIKE ADEYEMI ON +17755575508 OR 0092348032942976 OR 08032942976.// thank God i got this info here
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by donna25: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
Just saw this Mike Adeyemi on Nigeria car mart, and I saved the number. The picture on the site is different from the watsapp pix. Besides there's nothing like ongoing car auction on ncs site
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by laudate: 1:25am On Nov 17, 2015
baggz:
Customs do sell cars that they seize from borders to Nigerians at a lower price.
http://chinnko.com/index.php?u=/topic/483/first-batch-of-methanol-fueled-taxis-put-into-operation-in-s-w-china

That is NOT true!! undecided Even Nigerian Customs Service has said it many times, that they do not sell cars! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Kingscollege(m): 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
inspivate:
Inspired m you are a criminal! Someone will get you real soon.
. On what account would some one pay money into somebody's Account without seeing what u want to buy or even making a findings on the genuinty of the goods .. It is very absurd and pathetic to fall victim on that kind of cheap fraud
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Bostin(m): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2016
None
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by blustone(m): 9:19am On May 22, 2017
Quite interesting.
So I saw a car I liked on jiji: https://tambuwal./cars/toyota-matrix-2004-blue-7510941.html
When I called, the guy told me that with N50,000 for the driver to bring the car after which I will pay the balance.

Like the saying always go: if it too good to be TRUE, then it is NOT true (or it's a scam).

The name of the Jiji car seller was John Vincent, that he was in Tambuwal, Sokoto state. When I checked his phone number on Truecaller.com, it gave me a completely diffnt name.

So yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, we agreed for N20k, which I agreed to pay into his first bank account today (Monday). He asked for my full details and address for delivery via sms (and I gave him a social media version of my name), that he will send me his first bank account details; and he did send the account info: another diff name: Abdullahi Jafaru.

By 8am today (Monday) he began calling me. I declined the calls. Then I went on Google map and found a town near Tambuwal, and I called him back that a friend from the neighbouring town will come to inspect the car before I make d payment.

Then he started ranting that we had an agreement, that infact his driver has washed the car and has gone to fuel it and they were just waiting for my payment for the driver to start off the journey.
I told him that it simple due diligence, that my friend will check the car and then his driver will still bring it to Lagos.
He kept ranting, and that if I wasnt interested that someone else will go for the car. blah blah blah.

I just smiled and ended the call.

Come to think of it, N20k cant fuel a car from Sokoto to Lagos in this era of fuel issues.

Anyway, I have his bank details and any security person interested to pursue this further can leave me a message here. First bank should be able to provide his full KYC form to trace him; or the security person can set up a sting operation to capture him (John or Jafaru) and his team.

Really sad that pple go all this length to defraud others of their hard-earned pay.

And thanks to pple in Nairaland who shared their experiences.

Have a blessed week.

Rgds

TonyBlu.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by josephhun: 8:42pm On May 30, 2017
Well, it happens, really. I had a somewhat similar experience last year, though it was on olx, but it just happens everywhere now.
Anyways, tell the jiji guys about this scammer, 'cause he will try to catch someone else for sure
These people would find you anywhere, so we all need to be more careful and never pay a thing upfront.

blustone:
Quite interesting.
So I saw a car I liked on jiji: https://tambuwal./cars/toyota-matrix-2004-blue-7510941.html
When I called, the guy told me that with N50,000 for the driver to bring the car after which I will pay the balance.

Like the saying always go: if it too good to be TRUE, then it is NOT true (or it's a scam).

The name of the Jiji car seller was John Vincent, that he was in Tambuwal, Sokoto state. When I checked his phone number on Truecaller.com, it gave me a completely diffnt name.

So yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, we agreed for N20k, which I agreed to pay into his first bank account today (Monday). He asked for my full details and address for delivery via sms (and I gave him a social media version of my name), that he will send me his first bank account details; and he did send the account info: another diff name: Abdullahi Jafaru.

By 8am today (Monday) he began calling me. I declined the calls. Then I went on Google map and found a town near Tambuwal, and I called him back that a friend from the neighbouring town will come to inspect the car before I make d payment.

Then he started ranting that we had an agreement, that infact his driver has washed the car and has gone to fuel it and they were just waiting for my payment for the driver to start off the journey.
I told him that it simple due diligence, that my friend will check the car and then his driver will still bring it to Lagos.
He kept ranting, and that if I wasnt interested that someone else will go for the car. blah blah blah.

I just smiled and ended the call.

Come to think of it, N20k cant fuel a car from Sokoto to Lagos in this era of fuel issues.

Anyway, I have his bank details and any security person interested to pursue this further can leave me a message here. First bank should be able to provide his full KYC form to trace him; or the security person can set up a sting operation to capture him (John or Jafaru) and his team.

Really sad that pple go all this length to defraud others of their hard-earned pay.

And thanks to pple in Nairaland who shared their experiences.

Have a blessed week.

Rgds

TonyBlu.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Shola098: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello, can someone verify the Facebook ID of Adegoke Adenike, she sent me a facebook request and the day I eventually accepted she automatically posted customs car auction which I was not interested. After a while, I wanted to send her a message as I saw her facebook friends were Pastors and facebook immediately alerted me that the Facebook ID has been deleted for security reasons. I tried searching for the name and noticed she has several other facebook IDs with same friends and photos still selling auction cars. Who do I trust now this custom auctioneer or the Pastors friends?
Thank God I don't even buy things from the back door and people should start thinking of how to use their creativity better than in fraudulent ways please.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Bostin(m): 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
Shola098:
Hello, can someone verify the Facebook ID of Adegoke Adenike, she sent me a facebook request and the day I eventually accepted she automatically posted customs car auction which I was not interested. After a while, I wanted to send her a message as I saw her facebook friends were Pastors and facebook immediately alerted me that the Facebook ID has been deleted for security reasons. I tried searching for the name and noticed she has several other facebook IDs with same friends and photos still selling auction cars. Who do I trust now this custom auctioneer or the Pastors friends?
Thank God I don't even buy things from the back door and people should start thinking of how to use their creativity better than in fraudulent ways please.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by daybollar: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
That was how my husband was scammed on Carmart. from the beginning I knew something was not right, he said we should pay 15,000 for fueling it and that upon delivery we would pay for the car. After we payed, he said he didn't say 15,000 but 50,000. After much dragging, he said it will be delivered in 3days. On the said day, we had to call and call till he finally said he had dispatched the driver from their office in Idiroko. 3hrs later the driver called that he was at Ore b4 d bridge. How come? its not possible me, he now said that the tyre punctured and d spare is bad and that he won't be bothered us if not that roadsafety stopped them that we should send 17,000 for tyre. my husband told them 17k for tyre that was how he changed mouth that it is the Tyre alloy rim that has issues. my husband sent 17,000. 30min later, they said the person changing the tyre said it's 3000to change it and taht when he withdrew via POS he was charged 1k so we should send 4k. at about 7pm, the guy called that the driver said that there was so much holdup in Ore so they wld stop over and sleep and was demanding 10,000 for hotel. My husband refused. the next morning when he called to ask how far the car, the guy said the driver's said they won't continue the journey that my husband is wicked and made them sleep put in the cold while on transit to deliver the car. That was the end, till date, the so called driver's number isn't going through again. The idiot sales person blocked me His name is GIDEON TERSOO DABUL, PHONE NO: 07063440053 ACC NO: 3141527014 FIRST BANK .THE FAKE DRIVER'S NO IS 07034860588, NAME IS CHINEDU EMMANUEL NWAFOR ACC NO : 1219293120 ACCESS BANK
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Ogagajoseph: 12:30am On Apr 06, 2020
pls oh my fellow nairalanders what about this carmart Nigeria not Nigeria carmart is it genuine

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Present You With Everything LEXUS**Come In And Get One**SUV & CAR / Best SUVs For Sale, Save With Our Offers / Fhemmmy Motos Present To You - GERMAN MACHINES, Come And Pre-order YOURS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.