Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Lists And Links - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lists And Links (1009 Views)

Lists Of Exam Expo Site / BLOG & WEBSITE OWNERS: DROP 'UR LINKS HERE FOR REVIEW & TRAFFIC / PHP Mailer, Cpanel Webmail, SMTP, RDP & Fresh Email Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lists And Links by Zahymaka(m): 3:47pm On May 15, 2006
Most web developers who've made the cross to XHTML put their links inside lists. This makes it easier for search engines to crawl and it provides an automatic form of hierachical 'categorizing.' I'd like us to answer a few questions:

1. What are your experiences with lists?
2. Where do you think lists would be inappropriate?
3. Have you had any problems using lists and CSS?
4. Have lists made your work easier?
Re: Lists And Links by my2cents(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2006
1. What are your experiences with lists?
> I use it a lot for making my menus

2. Where do you think lists would be inappropriate?
> Basically, anywhere common sense would dictate that something doesn't need to be listed

> Mostly, I *always* seem to forget to set the list-type (depending on the layout of the menu), and display property. I don't know why, but I always get bitten by this bug grin

4. Have lists made your work easier?
> Yes it has - it has made me think out how I intend to break down a site before I start coding. If I have too many lists, then I know for sure that I need to start thinking of sub-menus, or totally remove a list item altogether.
Re: Lists And Links by Zahymaka(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2006
Well, let me answer my questions too:

All my answers are the same to my2cents' but I'll add.

> Apart from the display and list-type [we both have that problem], sometimes, flotaing lists left or right can be another wahala entirely.

Sometimes I forget to remove the margins and/or the padding from the parent element [<ul> or <ol>]

(1) (Reply)

Hi Guys Check Out This Website I Designed For A Friend Within 2hours / I Will Pay You To Download 200 Ebooks For Me. Please Drop Your Bids Here. / Nairalist Is Static And Dealfish Wants Monoploy, Own Goodluckadverts.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.