Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,205 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

An Open Letter To The Senate President, Sen. David Mark. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Senate President, Sen. David Mark. (631 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Sen.david Mark Has Lost His Senate Seat / 2015: Sen David Mark's Seat Not Contestable - Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Senate President, Sen. David Mark. by Coded7: 10:08am On May 17, 2013
Just this morning returning from school dazed with the stress of school and the rush of rounding up my programme.Though i always complained about the pain of accessing basic amenities and the stress of getting a proper paid job in the country. But today’s was quite different, my family is a large family with every one in the family struggling to make a living with the consoling statement that has automatically become a slogan ‘Tomorrow will be better’. My cousin who has just complete his OND, but presently at home ( precisely the village ) before commencing his one year mandatory industrial attachement was arrested by the police, the arrest was in connection with a protest over the forceful collection of our farm land by our Honourable Senate President, Senator David Mark. This lands are our only source of living where we farm as a source of livelihood, we are not politicians, we are not fraudsters, we don’t have anybody in the government, we are not trouble peddlers, we are only patriotic citizens trying so hard to make a honest living out of life. In as much as the reason sound sacarstic and this case which have never been given a hearing in the court has led to the arrest of my cousin and other members of the community and they have being in detension for the past two weeks without being charged to court for a fair hearing, all we hear from the police is the order from above. Please people, is it okay to lock up individuals without a trial or anything, my pain in this is that this same man (Sen. David Mark) as a public figure will pose in the national T.V an proclaim heaven on earth to the Nigerian people only to come down to his immediate community and collect the little they enjoy as their gift from nature. We are not against your building of the University you claimed you want to establish, because in as much as you are preparing for retirement and enlargement of your dynasty, we also may also benefit one way or the other. All we are asking is for you to allow justice take its course and the young men and women in detention release on bail. ‘Leadership by example’ is the best phrase to be used here, your instructions has made the police ineffective, please allow them to carry out their job without your veto power interference.
In your campaign against terrorism in the National Television you said that whosoever have any grievances against anyone should come out and speak. In this case I have no grievances against you all I ask is for you to allow peace and tranquillity that we have always enjoyed to reign. Please, please, please, my fellow people help me in this protest for justice, I wish I had other means of conveying the message to the Senate President, I strongly believe facebook is a social media that can rapidly spread a piece of information to it destined audience. Please, please, please, help me spread this news to anybody that cares to give a listening ears.
Re: An Open Letter To The Senate President, Sen. David Mark. by Decapo: 10:14am On May 17, 2013
i feel for you
Re: An Open Letter To The Senate President, Sen. David Mark. by kashman007: 12:06pm On May 17, 2013
That is the irony of live,I'm sure you even voted for him in the name. he is your tribes man,from your community eTc and with the power you collectively gave him,he becomes strong that he now figth you.I pray God in heaven comes to your aid.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Political Implication If Gov Ameachi Wins Or Loses The NGF Election? / Hanging Has Started / Obi Wants To Bury Apga In PDP - Azike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.